bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

Hi All! We've had a couple of requests to go back to Seabar, just because. We haven't set up anything definite, but we're looking at Sat. Aug 25 as a strong possibility. Voice your interest below.

Date: Saturday, August 25
Time: 7:30 - 8 pm-ish
Host: bahwm & ddeuddeg
Location: Seabar - one of the premiere sushi places in the area.
Theme: Sushi & Wootlegging! (Like we really need an excuse to drink wine!)

Attending:

1. ddeuddeg
  2. bahwm
  3. tiger7610
  4. cheron98
  5. cjsiege

Maybes:

Regrets:

• Whoever misses this
  • justinrsanderson & his +1
  • wkdpanda

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I'm in. I after all need to get my wine.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Well, considering this is my fault, I suppose I should be there

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

tiger7610

Yes you should, not that we really need an excuse to go to seabar, but your presence just makes it all better.

cheron98 wrote:Well, considering this is my fault, I suppose I should be there

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:Well, considering this is my fault, I suppose I should be there

I do not understand the use of the word "fault" here, but I must admit a lesser person would probably try to take credit. In any case we'll be happy to see you, and the ever-efficient LW has already added your name to the list.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

Oh, and this is going on Sat. & Sun. It's always a lot of fun. There are some really good vendors & entertainment. (Ooo, bad--when it takes three tries to create a link! Time to go to bed!) G'night all!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

tiger7610

Elmwood Art festival is fun, my fencing club usually does a demo during it, maybe I will actually participate if they are doing it again.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Would love to go to this, but 5 1/2 hours is quite a drive just for some sushi. At some point the wife I will plan a trip to the Falls and maybe try to catch a gathering on the way.

EDIT: Just re-looked at the date, and we will be in Chicago celebrating our anniversary anyway!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bahwm

North316 wrote:Would love to go to this, but 5 1/2 hours is quite a drive just for some sushi. At some point the wife I will plan a trip to the Falls and maybe try to catch a gathering on the way.

EDIT: Just re-looked at the date, and we will be in Chicago celebrating our anniversary anyway!

Hey, North316! Great to hear from you here! Sorry you won't be able to make it. Anniversary trip to Chicago trumps sushi in Buffalo with wooters--especially since the other trip is already planned! The past two years I've been in Quebec City for my anniversary, sans hubby, with middle school kids! I'm glad that I have an understandingly awesome hubby!

I would like to build this event a little more to include more wine. It's rather loose at the moment. It's kind of a means to help tiger get her wine. However, that being said, Seabar has awesome sushi as last year's attendees for the Bubbly & Sushi & Shakespeare event will attest. But keep us in mind. Maybe we'll see about doing something more well-defined before the snows fly. We can always head up to Niagara Falls! We've been know to do a whole weekend of eating and drinking! We've got some great restaurants here!

tiger7610

Do we want to add some wine tasting to the gathering? I dont know when cheron is going to get to Buffalo or when she is planning on leaving. I probably will arrive friday evening, so I can spend some time with my brother, but I'm game for any suggestions. I have some fingerlakes wine that I can bring.

cheron98

Arrive saturday sometime, leave Sunday sometime. Short trip. D&B, may I be so bold as to ask to please make use of your lovely guest suite?

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Arrive saturday sometime, leave Sunday sometime. Short trip. D&B, may I be so bold as to ask to please make use of your lovely guest suite?

Are you sure that's what you want? The rates have doubled since last time.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:Are you sure that's what you want? The rates have doubled since last time.

I think I can manage

tiger7610

She is already paying 1 million dollars for PS chocolate sauce, I think she can afford the guest room rates.

ddeuddeg

tiger7610 wrote:She is already paying 1 million dollars for PS chocolate sauce, I think she can afford the guest room rates.

Yeah, I should have said triple.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

It's a long shot but put Silvia and me down in the maybe column. The 24th is my b-day and that would be a nice way to spend the weekend.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

ddeuddeg

tommythecat78 wrote:It's a long shot but put Silvia and me down in the maybe column. The 24th is my b-day and that would be a nice way to spend the weekend.

Shall I chill the Taittingers to celebrate?

tommythecat78

ddeuddeg wrote:Shall I chill the Taittingers to celebrate?

If we make it...of course!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

North316

This thread just reminded me again that I am having sushi tonight...mmm. If anyone is ever in Toledo, Ohio, I know a great place!

My CT

tiger7610

North316 wrote:This thread just reminded me again that I am having sushi tonight...mmm. If anyone is ever in Toledo, Ohio, I know a great place!

At some point that might be tempting, maybe I will be driving to KY next year and swing through ohio.

North316

tiger7610 wrote:At some point that might be tempting, maybe I will be driving to KY next year and swing through ohio.

If you go to Louisville I can recommend some great restaurants (not sushi) there as well!

My CT

tiger7610

North316 wrote:If you go to Louisville I can recommend some great restaurants (not sushi) there as well!

Will do, if I do go there, it will be around Louisville, since thats where my friend lives.

justinrsanderson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justinrsanderson

Saturday night Bills/Steelers game that night at the Ralph. Katy and I will be at the game.

Enjoy. Try Mike's new lounge menu at Mike A's, too. At least for some craft cocktails.

"If it smells done, it's done. If it smells burnt, it's burnt. If it don't smell, it ain't done yet."

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:It's a long shot but put Silvia and me down in the maybe column. The 24th is my b-day and that would be a nice way to spend the weekend.

Oh yay! If you want to stop here first and carpool, we can do that. Just know that I'm having the coworkers over for wine on Friday evening to celebrate a (hopefully) successful launch of our giant project

I know, more wine, oh noes.

cheron98

North316 wrote:This thread just reminded me again that I am having sushi tonight...mmm. If anyone is ever in Toledo, Ohio, I know a great place!

Are you IN Toledo? Like that's where you live?

Dude, I'm like 45 minutes away.

ddeuddeg

tiger7610 wrote:At some point that might be tempting, maybe I will be driving to KY next year and swing through ohio.

But Toledo is hardly on the way to Louisville from where you are.

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Are you IN Toledo? Like that's where you live?

Dude, I'm like 45 minutes away.

The way you drive, maybe.

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:The way you drive, maybe.

Wait, are you implying I drive fast, or slow?

ddeuddeg

tommythecat78 wrote:If we make it...of course!!!

We have a 4 year vertical: '03, '04, '05, '06. I'd better check to see if the '08 is available. You really need to make this happen.

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Wait, are you implying I drive fast, or slow?

One would think a computer whiz could take the distance and time involved, compare it to the posted speed limit, and answer that for herself.

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:One would think a computer whiz could take the distance and time involved, compare it to the posted speed limit, and answer that for herself.

Computer, maybe. Math, not really And it's just been "45 minutes" in my head since I moved out here, when I was living in Ypsilanti. I guess it's closer to an hour from here. To the border, at least.

North316

cheron98 wrote:Computer, maybe. Math, not really And it's just been "45 minutes" in my head since I moved out here, when I was living in Ypsilanti. I guess it's closer to an hour from here. To the border, at least.

Yes, I am in toledo.

My CT

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:Oh yay! If you want to stop here first and carpool, we can do that. Just know that I'm having the coworkers over for wine on Friday evening to celebrate a (hopefully) successful launch of our giant project

I know, more wine, oh noes.

Excellent...I was thinking about the carpooling thing but figured I would wait til I was more sure about going first.

tommythecat78

ddeuddeg wrote:We have a 4 year vertical: '03, '04, '05, '06. I'd better check to see if the '08 is available. You really need to make this happen.

Was there no '07? Or just not available?

I am working seven days a week for the forseeable future. We were shut down for almost 4 weeks for a giant system upgrade here at work. Now we have to work around the clock to get caught up with everything. So our attending will ultimately depend on whether we are caught up or not at the time of the gathering.

ddeuddeg

tommythecat78 wrote:Was there no '07? Or just not available?

I am working seven days a week for the forseeable future. We were shut down for almost 4 weeks for a giant system upgrade here at work. Now we have to work around the clock to get caught up with everything. So our attending will ultimately depend on whether we are caught up or not at the time of the gathering.

I think I meant '04, '05, '06, '07. Working on not much rest when I posted that.

tommythecat78

ddeuddeg wrote:I think I meant '04, '05, '06, '07. Working on not much rest when I posted that.

Gotcha...was just curious. Perhaps the '08 is available anyway. I think I could be down with a 5 year vertical. If it is available I will bring the '08.

tiger7610

bump, anyone else want to come down for some fabulous sushi and awesome company?

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro

I wish I could come. I've been wanting to meet you all for a while now. I'm visiting my father and sister in Rochester from August 15-20, so I fall short for sushi dinner. I'll try to plan my next visit around one of the WNY events. I may get my sister to do a Fingerlakes expedition with me to compensate.

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

tiger7610

pcuccaro wrote:I wish I could come. I've been wanting to meet you all for a while now. I'm visiting my father and sister in Rochester from August 15-20, so I fall short for sushi dinner. I'll try to plan my next visit around one of the WNY events. I may get my sister to do a Fingerlakes expedition with me to compensate.

If you ever make it out to the finger lakes, let me know, I live in IThaca, and make it to the finger lakes frequently.

bahwm

pcuccaro wrote:I wish I could come. I've been wanting to meet you all for a while now. I'm visiting my father and sister in Rochester from August 15-20, so I fall short for sushi dinner. I'll try to plan my next visit around one of the WNY events. I may get my sister to do a Fingerlakes expedition with me to compensate.

Where do you live? Keep us posted when you'll be in our area & we'll set up a tasting. It'll be great to meet another wooter.