WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Ursa Vineyards

Okay, so we're not 100% on this, but we're pretty sure that if you scroll down, you'll find some wines for sale, and if you choose to buy those wines, someone will send you bottles, and inside those bottles, you'll find wine, and if you're lucky, that wine will be the kind you bought. But no promises.
Ursa Vineyards official site

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1593 Private Messages Cesare

Ursa Vineyards 2007 Petite Sirah, Paso Robles 4-Pack
$64.99 (Normally $88.00) 26% off List Price
2007 Petite Sirah, Paso Robles

Ursa Vineyards 2007 Petite Sirah, Sierra Foothills 4-Pack
$64.99 (Normally $88.00) 26% off List Price
2007 Petite Sirah, Sierra Foothills

Ursa Vineyards 2007 Lodi Tannat 4-Pack
$57.99 (Normally $72.00) 19% off List Price
2007 Tannat, Lodi

Ursa Vineyards 2007 Mix 4-Pack
$58.99 (Normally $78.00) 24% off List Price
2007 Petite Sirah, Vineyard Blend
2007 Petite Sirah, Paso Robles
2007 Petite Sirah, Sierra Foothills
2007 Tannat, Lodi
CT links above

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ursamakers

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ursamakers

Hey there this is Greg from Ursa.
Yes there will be wine in the bottles of this we are certain. Big solid Petite Sirahs and a sound well structured Tannat. POW!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ursamakers wrote:Hey there this is Greg from Ursa.
Yes there will be wine in the bottles of this we are certain. Big solid Petite Sirahs and a sound well structured Tannat. POW!

Welcome! Sounds like some bottled YUM!

I'm just hanging out, really.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ursamakers wrote:Hey there this is Greg from Ursa.

As someone who has never even heard of Tannat, is there a more well known varietal that you could compare it to?

Also, drinking windows on the wines would be great, though I'm sure the PS's will go for quite some time. If I were to buy in it would be for the sampler, love me some variety.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ursamakers

North316 wrote:As someone who has never even heard of Tannat, is there a more well known varietal that you could compare it to?

Also, drinking windows on the wines would be great, though I'm sure the PS's will go for quite some time. If I were to buy in it would be for the sampler, love me some variety.

Hey, this is Deborah, the other half of the Ursa team. Tannat is my baby, wierd as it is. My family is Basque & Tannat is a Basque varietal, commonly found blended into South American Cabs & Merlots. Tannat is structured like a Cabernet with it's own flavor profiles.
As for the Petites, we think ours will drink well for five years. After that the fruit drops off, though the palates remain firm.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
ursamakers wrote:Hey, this is Deborah, the other half of the Ursa team. Tannat is my baby, wierd as it is. My family is Basque & Tannat is a Basque varietal, commonly found blended into South American Cabs & Merlots. Tannat is structured like a Cabernet with it's own flavor profiles.
As for the Petites, we think ours will drink well for five years. After that the fruit drops off, though the palates remain firm.

Hi there! I still have somme of your 2006 PSes from a previous woot. Whe I tried one a year or two back I found the tannins were still quite bitter to me.. can you tell us how your different PSes age, and what the optimum age is. about 5 years might work, but how do the tannins integrate etc for the supertasters among us?!

ursamakers

richardhod wrote:Hi there! I still have somme of your 2006 PSes from a previous woot. Whe I tried one a year or two back I found the tannins were still quite bitter to me.. can you tell us how your different PSes age, and what the optimum age is. about 5 years might work, but how do the tannins integrate etc for the supertasters among us?!

Hi, Greg here this time.
In general I think 5 years is about right for optimum time to age. The tannins tend to round out with time the unfortunate trade off is as tannins settle down the fruit begins to fade. This typically begins to happen in about year 7 and beyond.
The 2006 wines are more tannic than the 2007's. 2006 was a cooler less ripe year so the acids were a bit higher and the tannins more apparent.
The Paso Robles and the CA Vineyard blend tend to drink better younger in my opinion.
The Sierra foothills tends to show better after a few years of aging.

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

Yes! These are from '07. That was a very good year!

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

ursamakers

This offer begs the question....
To be or TANNAT to be?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
ursamakers wrote:This offer begs the question....
To be or TANNAT to be?

ZING!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen