$59.99
2011 Triacipedis the White in the Dominion of the Flower-King
CT link above

Winery website

™ © ®

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Way to go, ThunderThighs!

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc

Oh, just shoot me now. I have been hoping for a return of the F-Bomb. Loved it and wanted to buy more. Not a white wine drinker, but really did love that offering. And, instead, you taunt me with this Woot Cellar, instead. Fiends! Decision, decisions.

Allieroon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Allieroon

Mmmm..Triacipedis!

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Congrats TT on being the first sucker on a WW. A Woot Cellars nonetheless

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I bought 2 F-Bombs and my biggest regret was not buying three.

I am always in for 3 of a woot-cellars wine from this day forward.

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20

If anyone tasted this at any recent gatherings can you comment on its sweetness?

CT

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess

This works...wife has been drinking more white wine lately, can't beat the QPR of a Woot Cellar wine!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

If you liked the f-bomb this should fit the bill.
The last Triacipidis was the bomb.

Perfect for White Sangrias on the deck.
QPR is good. And it says Woot! on the cork.
What's not to like?

Summer breeze, makes me feel fine.
Triacipidis, a Woot!alicious wine.

Siwbm is done. In for two.

bkarlan

cortot20 wrote:If anyone tasted this at any recent gatherings can you comment on its sweetness?

Didn't taste it, but looking at the numbers it appears to be right on the edge of off dry to semi sweet.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

nxlinc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nxlinc

I really loved the last Triacipedis, so did everyone that tried it when I brought it over for parties etc. Never too sweet, always refreshing. In for one, no more than that only because I have no room. Damn you woot, all these wines I cannot resist are destroying my SIWBM.

wordek

quality posts: 23 Private Messages wordek

Do want...but mid move! Any DC metro or southern NH folk willing to let me buy one off them so I can sample and add another sweet woot bottle to my collection?

sandig7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7
CowboyDann wrote:I bought 2 F-Bombs and my biggest regret was not buying three.

I am always in for 3 of a woot-cellars wine from this day forward.

what's an F Bomb?

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I'm moving at the end of the month, since apparently I get the shipping notifaction after it ships, I kind of need to know where to send it, old or new address?

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808
sandig7 wrote:what's an F Bomb?

A previous Woot! Cellars offering.

It was, too. You should get three.
It disappears faster than you think in this heat.

bkarlan

tiger7610 wrote:I'm moving at the end of the month, since apparently I get the shipping notifaction after it ships, I kind of need to know where to send it, old or new address?

Are you moving far away? You could always mail it to a FedEx Office with your name C/O FedEx Office

Winedavid39

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

JOATMON wrote:Way to go, ThunderThighs!

nice work TT. but, i mean you do know a guy..

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
bkarlan wrote:Are you moving far away? You could always mail it to a FedEx Office with your name C/O FedEx Office

No, I'm moving 4 blocks away, and I would totally not worry and just re-routed to the fedex office, but woot shipping notifaction screwed up last time. How do I mail things to the fedex office? Do I need to notify them ahead of time?

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
mike808 wrote:A previous Woot! Cellars offering.

It was, too. You should get three.
It disappears faster than you think in this heat.

Which one, exactly?

sdwindansea

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdwindansea

Really enjoyed the last one, looking forward to opening up this one shortly after it arrives. Thanks for offering it again!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Winedavid39 wrote:nice work TT. but, i mean you do know a guy..

THANK YOU! I actually didn't know this was a Woot Cellars when I previewed it. Just didn't hesitate on that Gold Button. Love the F-Bomb. Wish I had more.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Tasting notes:

These notes are from 5 min after opening. Served at 60F

Color: light gold, decent color concentration. Doesn't look like water but also not like a heavy Chard.

Nose
Honey lemon. Like what you might do for a sore throat but cool instead of warm. There is an underlying bit of minerality and perhaps some bright peach

Palate:
This one drinks easy. Watch out. It sips in smooth as silk. There is a sweetness but then the acidity builds to back it and then everything takes a long slide into a very pleasant finish. The taste is a bit of apricot, nectarine, and a backing of pear. The finish is not short and sharp but rather the fruits linger.

I'm not a huge white fan but there is certainly a place for this wine in my cellar. It is just a hint into the sweet range. I predict that if you break one of these out to share on a hot afternoon, you'll easily go through 2-3 bottles. It's that kind of wine.

I'm in!

Last wooter to woot:cmaldoon
Last purchase:a few seconds ago

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

Palila

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Palila

We had a previous incarnation of Tri at our wedding and, seeing as it's our anniversary today, I think I'm obliged to hit the gold button.

nxlinc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nxlinc
tiger7610 wrote:No, I'm moving 4 blocks away, and I would totally not worry and just re-routed to the fedex office, but woot shipping notifaction screwed up last time. How do I mail things to the fedex office? Do I need to notify them ahead of time?

I usually get the tracking info before woot emails me by using FedEx's "track by reference" option. You can enter $AW+your order number. This of course requires more diligence on your part. It's worth it to me since it is so hot here I don't want them to try to deliver when I'm not home and have it sitting on a truck longer than necessary.

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc

Okay, I give. The only thing that would make this better would be a screw top for easier storage. I suffer from storage issues. But I'm a sucker for citrus and apples in the summer.

In for 2. Or 3. I'm so decisive.

p2002

quality posts: 8 Private Messages p2002
Winedavid39 wrote:nice work TT. but, i mean you do know a guy..

Yeah, impressed me that TT holds a bit of an unfair advantage.
I expect darn good tasting notes!

p2002

quality posts: 8 Private Messages p2002
cmaldoon wrote:Tasting notes:

I predict that if you break one of these out to share on a hot afternoon, you'll easily go through 2-3 bottles. It's that kind of wine.

Are these tasting notes from the prior Tri? I did not know there were still lab rattage slots available. If this is the current offering, I am interested to know of your introduction. i.e friend of the winery, WD, TT?
No matter, great notes just need to know the vintage.
thank you, rk

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

Speed to first woot: 1m 17.222s
First sucker:ThunderThighs
Last wooter to woot:tonycyndy

Ah....summer nectar!

ThunderThighs

Staff

p2002 wrote:Are these tasting notes from the prior Tri? I did not know there were still lab rattage slots available. If this is the current offering, I am interested to know of your introduction. i.e friend of the winery, WD, TT?
thank you, rk

WD hosted a tasting night at the WCC offices a week or so ago. Might have been one of the offerings at that event.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cmaldoon

p2002 wrote:Are these tasting notes from the prior Tri? I did not know there were still lab rattage slots available. If this is the current offering, I am interested to know of your introduction. i.e friend of the winery, WD, TT?
thank you, rk

This is the current Tri 3.
I am not a lab rat as that program is still on hiatus.
My contacts shall remain nameless to protect the innocent.

Or you can listen to TT who knows too much ;-)

My Cellar

ThunderThighs

Staff

p2002 wrote:Yeah, impressed me that TT holds a bit of an unfair advantage.
I expect darn good tasting notes!

Heh, I honestly didn't know it was a Woot Cellars offering until the sale came up.

But I can use my newly acquired beginner wine tasting skills to report back!

FORUM MODERATOR

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Color: light gold, decent color concentration. Doesn't look like water but also not like a heavy Chard.

Nose
Honey lemon. Like what you might do for a sore throat but cool instead of warm. There is an underlying bit of minerality and perhaps some bright peach

Palate:
This one drinks easy. Watch out. It sips in smooth as silk. There is a sweetness but then the acidity builds to back it and then everything takes a long slide into a very pleasant finish. The taste is a bit of apricot, nectarine, and a backing of pear. The finish is not short and sharp but rather the fruits linger.

I'm not a huge white fan but there is certainly a place for this wine in my cellar. It is just a hint into the sweet range. I predict that if you break one of these out to share on a hot afternoon, you'll easily go through 2-3 bottles. It's that kind of wine.

I'm in!

Thanks! I'm trying to decide between 1 or 2 since I have no room and we don't drink so much white. Did you try the prior version of Tri? If so, how would you compare them?

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Really cool blend of varietals. I like that Albariño makes up such a big chunk of it. I've always avoided buying the Tri in the past due to being scared that it might be too sweet for me, but I'm probably going to give this one a go.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

cmaldoon

time2testit wrote:Thanks! I'm trying to decide between 1 or 2 since I have no room and we don't drink so much white. Did you try the prior version of Tri? If so, how would you compare them?

I have tried all 3 of the tris now and I'd have to say that this is my favorite. Followed by 1 then 2 if I recall correctly. I don't have detailed notes from previous versions to compare. Sorry!

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Nose

Palate:

I'm in!

Ditto on the nose and palate. Nice refreshing white wine.

And I think I do like this one better than the Tri-1 (have yet to open a Tri-2, surprise, surprise).

And these were part of the "homework" we took home from the Sonoma tasting last month.

Woot Cellars Wines thread created by Joatmon, but linked to Cesare's post listing all of the WC offerings. Plus it has links to the list in CT.

Oh, did I mention I went in for 3?

And if anyone is in SoCal, I might still have some F-bomb.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

wibble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wibble

Whew.

Didn't notice the wine today until I saw a popup that it was already almost gone. The last two Triacipediseses have been the only white wines I can truly say I'm a fan of.

Yoink.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Popped a bottle saturday while hanging out at the pool. The nose is awesome, peaches and a ton of fruit hit you, smells awesome. On tasting, peaches, pear, some grapefruit, a little burn though whether from alcohol or acid, I still haven't learned the difference. Nice mouth coating finish lasts a while. I'd consider it on the dry side but I like sweet stuff. I enjoyed it, better than the second tri, not quite as good as the WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

Edit: ah woot filters, would it prefer frist?

CT

Alison Gail Bixby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Alison Gail Bixby

I don't know why I'm spending so much time reading everyone's comments, when this is a no brainier for me. Just went in for two, and probably should have ordered three, but space is at a premium and summer is fleeting! Still have a few Triacip and the Minotaur and about seven F-Bombs, so that should get me thru the next few months. And the Tool Box chard comes tomorrow. Unless I turn the A/C on in the guest/wine room, I'd better start quaffing faster!

pagreen

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pagreen

My wife and I really liked these before, and we both prefer dry. The only thing that would make these better would be screw-tops.