$41.99 (Normally $66.00) 36% off List Price
2009 Grenache Blanc
CT link above

Winery website
™ © ®

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Oddly enough, I just purchased three of these. Unfortunately, this Woot came before the wine arrived, otherwise I would've labratted it for you all.

Interested to hear from the winery on this one. I think I remember reading that the winemaker has changed since this 2009 release along with the label and name for this Grenache Blanc.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc

I am so not a white wine drinker, but this one is calling to me. Peaches, orange blossom, AND apricot? *sigh*

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

This is the first instance where woot does not have the best deal. This was just listed on a different site last week at $13 per bottle (which is probably where redwine got it). Shipping is higher than woot but still worked out to a better deal by $2. Sorry woot, not impressed with this one.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:This is the first instance where woot does not have the best deal. This was just listed on a different site last week at $13 per bottle (which is probably where redwine got it). Shipping is higher than woot but still worked out to a better deal by $2. Sorry woot, not impressed with this one.

Agreed. Two woots here $100.98 delivered, Six bottles the other site $89.18 delivered. My purchase percentages are morphing elsewhere.

CT

danzigdan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danzigdan

I think the bottling date is for the 2011 vintage. Anyhow, I loved the red Grenache they offered on Woot in the spring. If they offer some 2011 rose' or more reds I'm definitely in!!!

burns72

quality posts: 9 Private Messages burns72

For the people that missed out on the "Other Deal"; any comments that would push me to buy this? It sounds like a lovely summer wine. I did not see much information on if it is sweet/dry/etc. The winery website is almost useless.
Thanks

redwinefan

Here's a video tasting for this wine:

http://pinterest.com/pin/144607838005439609/

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
North316 wrote:This is the first instance where woot does not have the best deal. This was just listed on a different site last week at $13 per bottle (which is probably where redwine got it). Shipping is higher than woot but still worked out to a better deal by $2. Sorry woot, not impressed with this one.

good catch. we are on this.

WD39

unavaca

quality posts: 6 Private Messages unavaca
rjquillin wrote:Agreed. Two woots here $100.98 delivered, Six bottles the other site $89.18 delivered. My purchase percentages are morphing elsewhere.

Care to share some hints about the other dealio? Thanks!

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
unavaca wrote:Care to share some hints about the other dealio? Thanks!

no need. see revised.

redwinefan

winefarm wrote:no need. see revised.

Wow! WD just "rolled back" prices.

xibbumbero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages xibbumbero

Anybody having trouble buying this? I click on buy and nothing happens. X

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
redwinefan wrote:Wow! WD just "rolled back" prices.

Damnit. I love GB and now this is like $15/btl. I'm thinking I'm in on this now. Cory: if you want one...

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
redwinefan wrote:Wow! WD just "rolled back" prices.

It appears to be $41.99 now, yes.

I'm just hanging out, really.

burns72

xibbumbero wrote:Anybody having trouble buying this? I click on buy and nothing happens. X

Yes, me too.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
burns72 wrote:Yes, me too.

Hey there! We'd love to report on trouble issues, but we need more data!

- browser
- error codes

Things like that will help us narrow down your issues and suggest things to try! We want to make sure folks who want wine get what they need.

Thanks for your help!

I'm just hanging out, really.

unavaca

quality posts: 6 Private Messages unavaca
winefarm wrote:no need. see revised.

Woohoo! Thanks.

burns72

[Thanks for your help![/quote]

I think that is the problem, nothing happens. I click the giant gold button and it seems to reset the webpage. I did get a page timed out error once. I was able to enter two other WOOT deals and buy without issue. One of them the LL Wine Woot deal. It is just this deal that does not bring me to the purchase page.

xibbumbero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages xibbumbero
xibbumbero wrote:Anybody having trouble buying this? I click on buy and nothing happens. X

Fixed,thanx. X

gjmonevine

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjmonevine

Hi Redwinefan, I work with Martian Ranch. You are correct, the winery hired Mike Roth, who also makes wines for Demetria Estate in Los Olivos. Since he took over production beginning with the 2011 harvest, the "older" vintage wines are on special discount. These wines are selling in top wine stores from $20-25/btl so this is a real opportunity. The previous winemaker who made this wine is Brett Escaler formerly of Fess Parker and who makes his own brand called Consilience. This single vineyard wine from Camp 4 is a steal at today's price!

redwinefan wrote:Oddly enough, I just purchased three of these. Unfortunately, this Woot came before the wine arrived, otherwise I would've labratted it for you all.

Interested to hear from the winery on this one. I think I remember reading that the winemaker has changed since this 2009 release along with the label and name for this Grenache Blanc.

redwinefan

gjmonevine wrote:Hi Redwinefan, I work with Martian Ranch. You are correct, the winery hired Mike Roth, who also makes wines for Demetria Estate in Los Olivos. Since he took over production beginning with the 2011 harvest, the "older" vintage wines are on special discount. These wines are selling in top wine stores from $20-25/btl so this is a real opportunity. The previous winemaker who made this wine is Brett Escaler formerly of Fess Parker and who makes his own brand called Consilience. This single vineyard wine from Camp 4 is a steal at today's price!

Thanks, I may buy some more today since I do really like a good Grenache Blanc. How long of a life do you think this wine has left in it?

Did you dramatically change the style of the Grenache Blanc (Mothership) you are making with your new winemaker?

zenophile

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zenophile

Is it green?

danzigdan

Very tempted. Now if I could only arrange that it won't get cooked in the heat of the summer on it's cross-country trip!

sonomawilliam

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sonomawilliam
parkermc wrote:I am so not a white wine drinker, but this one is calling to me. Peaches, orange blossom, AND apricot? *sigh*

You pretty much outed yourself with your first 8 words.....

sonomawilliam

burns72 wrote:For the people that missed out on the "Other Deal"; any comments that would push me to buy this? It sounds like a lovely summer wine. I did not see much information on if it is sweet/dry/etc. The winery website is almost useless.
Thanks

99.9% certain the wine is fermented dry, or with RS below thresh hold to just offset the acidity.

sonomawilliam

redwinefan wrote:Thanks, I may buy some more today since I do really like a good Grenache Blanc. How long of a life do you think this wine has left in it?

Did you dramatically change the style of the Grenache Blanc (Mothership) you are making with your new winemaker?

GB usually ages well because of acid levels, but without knowing the TA and pH, hard to say. Wish we could get.

This note on CT is promising
Vintage: 2009
100% Malolactic fermentation
Cold stabilized, no fining, light filter for clarity (5 micron)
Bottled February 28, 2012
310 cases produced

danzigdan

sonomawilliam wrote:99.9% certain the wine is fermented dry, or with RS below thresh hold to just offset the acidity.

Think Chardonnay-ish without the buttery aspect.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
danzigdan wrote:Think Chardonnay-ish without the buttery aspect.

This has nothing to do with the statement you quoted about RS (residual sugar).

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:Damnit. I love GB and now this is like $15/btl. I'm thinking I'm in on this now. Cory: if you want one...

If your in, I'll take one off your hands.
BIWBM is not going well. But on the other hand my son could be born any day now and my wife will return to being my partner in wine and I should stock up on what she would like.

CT

mibuwolf83

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mibuwolf83

This seemed too good to pass up and with the price marked down to $41.99, I am in for one! I can't wait to try it.

mibuwolf83

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mibuwolf83

This seemed too good to pass up and with the price marked down to $41.99, I am in for one! I can't wait to try it.

sonomawilliam

danzigdan wrote:Think Chardonnay-ish without the buttery aspect.

I am very familiar with GB, I make it commercially. Don't see a big correlation between Chard, even Feench chablis style etc and GB though.