Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1587 Private Messages Cesare

Cumulus Block 50 2007 Australian Chardonnay 12-Pack
$79.99 (Normally $120.00) 33% off List Price
2007 Block 50 Chardonnay, Central Ranges, Australia
CT link above

Winery website

Summer shipping is in effect so don't worry about your wine.
Every winery needs a separate license from each state which is why your state isn't listed.

Plus deals now have their own forums under their own tab!

™ © ®

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

sterno46

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sterno46

I'd love to buy BUT shipping to Illinois is blocked. WHY?

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
sterno46 wrote:I'd love to buy BUT shipping to Illinois is blocked. WHY?

lol,
read the post right above yours.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen

Anyone else having a problem with tracking numbers for recently shipped orders showing as "Not found" on the FedEx website?

As a FedEx account holder myself, I received a notice recently about a change to their tracking system that affected tracking numbers. Maybe woot didn't get the memo?

stratma

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stratma

Here is a tasting note for this wine.

"Cumulus Estate may have been named for the cloud formations so common in the area, but when it comes to producing wines their feet are firmly planted on the ground. This lovely bright-gold Chardonnay is loaded with dreamy peach, lemon, and tropical fruit notes. Crisp with some vanilla and orchard fruit on the palate, this dry, full-bodied, buttery Chardonnay will go nicely alongside pasta with chicken in a cream sauce. (VINTAGES panel, Jan. 2010)"

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

Dudes ... "Summer shipping is in effect so don't worry about your wine."

Tracking, schmacking.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey guys, I fowarded Chip's comment about FedEx to customer service. I may not hear anything back until Monday though.

So, now, back on track.

Hey! How about this wine?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
chipgreen wrote:Anyone else having a problem with tracking numbers for recently shipped orders showing as "Not found" on the FedEx website?

As a FedEx account holder myself, I received a notice recently about a change to their tracking system that affected tracking numbers. Maybe woot didn't get the memo?

My purchases this summer have all not shown up in the FedEx system for a while after Woot gave me the tracking number. I'm assuming they are on a refrigerated truck to a closer FedEx hub since they've all eventually shown up and were sent via 2-day once in the FedEx system.

I approve of the new Woot summer shipping.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

ionoff

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ionoff

I just thought I would add to the missing sales due to not shipping to my state. You missed out on a Georgia Sale by not being licensed to ship to.

Woot, just another form of OCD

chipgreen

ThunderThighs wrote:Hey guys, I fowarded Chip's comment about FedEx to customer service. I may not hear anything back until Monday though.

So, now, back on track.

Hey! How about this wine?

Thanks TT!

chipgreen

Oh, the wine... I don't know anything about it but at $7 a bottle, shipped? Drink up!

No, really - drink up. It's a 2007 and needs to be consumed sooner rather than later.

blackIria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blackIria

drink fast if it's still good- the notes on the wine being:

" ... This lovely bright-gold Chardonnay is loaded with dreamy peach, lemon, and tropical fruit notes. Crisp with some vanilla and orchard fruit on the palate, this dry, full-bodied, buttery Chardonnay ..."

Combined with Cellarnote's guide notes on Chardonnay aging found here.

That state:

"These wines (Chardonnays) can age for 4-8 years depending on the wine. Be aware that Chardonnays that have fully gone through malolactic fermentation have greatly reduced life spans. Malolactic Chardonnays have a smell of butter and unusually golden color when young."

Spells: Danger Will-drink-too-slow-Robinson!

Any notes on folks who know the wine or the wine maker on how long this wine has left to be good? I'm gonna check up on this thread in the morning.

fwft

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fwft

From cellartracker.com
"Community Tasting Notes (average 87 pts. and median of 87 pts. in 1 note) - hiding notes with no text
Tasted by jmcdon@ureach.com on 4/14/2011 & rated 87 points: The wine looks Yellow gold colored.
It smells like Lemon, Pineapple, and Grapefruit.
The body is Light/Medium.

A little spicy . has character, the bottle talks about a subtle oak taste but we didn't taste it. (270 views)"

Kao1138

quality posts: 30 Private Messages Kao1138

Is it just me or does this offer have a fairly short list of state licenses (19). It could just be my sleep deprived brain but I could swear that seems to be noticeably fewer than most previous offers.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

Would love to buy but no VA today! Sad!

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
chipgreen wrote:Anyone else having a problem with tracking numbers for recently shipped orders showing as "Not found" on the FedEx website?

Yes, it's about five days since I was informed my Wellington order has shipped, yet still "not found".

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

intodogs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages intodogs
sterno46 wrote:I'd love to buy BUT shipping to Illinois is blocked. WHY?

I wondered as well. Illinois is ALWAYS on the shipping list. We are funny that way.........in A LOT of ways!!!

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
Kao1138 wrote:Is it just me or does this offer have a fairly short list of state licenses (19). It could just be my sleep deprived brain but I could swear that seems to be noticeably fewer than most previous offers.

Not your imagination. It's International Saturday, and approved states are generally far fewer than for domestic production.

CT

ksieczka

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ksieczka

Same here, FedEx numbers say "not found." Want to make sure someone is home when wine gets delivered!

ksieczka

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ksieczka

No GA shipping...waaahh!

Eastcoastmary

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eastcoastmary

I bought a case even though I'm concerned about the age but the price makes it worth the gamble.
I'm still not crazy about the new website, it's hard to find things like the ship to states...

Jollylittlebaker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Jollylittlebaker

Too bad, no Connecticut either

melaniestl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melaniestl
ionoff wrote:I just thought I would add to the missing sales due to not shipping to my state. You missed out on a Georgia Sale by not being licensed to ship to.

Me too! Was very excited to see this, but alas, no shipping to Missouri.

filemaniac

quality posts: 5 Private Messages filemaniac

No New York shipping either. Oh well.

blackIria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blackIria

I cant believe no NY.

Did they realize they cut off NYC?

.. genius at work ..

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
stratma wrote:Here is a tasting note for this wine.

"Cumulus Estate may have been named for the cloud formations so common in the area, but when it comes to producing wines their feet are firmly planted on the ground. This lovely bright-gold Chardonnay is loaded with dreamy peach, lemon, and tropical fruit notes. Crisp with some vanilla and orchard fruit on the palate, this dry, full-bodied, buttery Chardonnay will go nicely alongside pasta with chicken in a cream sauce. (VINTAGES panel, Jan. 2010)"
blackIria wrote:Combined with Cellarnote's guide notes on Chardonnay aging found here.

That state:

"These wines (Chardonnays) can age for 4-8 years depending on the wine. Be aware that Chardonnays that have fully gone through malolactic fermentation have greatly reduced life spans. Malolactic Chardonnays have a smell of butter and unusually golden color when young."

Buttery notes generally = MLF. So if the above is accurate that would suggest drink soon on this offering.

Note that MLF does not mean short life for all wines. For example, I believe that almost all red wines undergo full MLF.

jlikesilver

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlikesilver

I got to ask...Woot's in Texas, right? Woot is selling this wine, right? How can a Texas seller not ship to Texas?

jlikesilver

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlikesilver

Since I happily pay Texas sales on all my Woot purchases, I'd really like an answer.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
jlikesilver wrote:Since I happily pay Texas sales on all my Woot purchases, I'd really like an answer.

see the very first post in the thread, by Cesare. And then read the second and third posts. And if you continue reading the thread you'll probably find about ten other posts that discuss the topic.

Happy reading!!