amjur


quality posts: 1 Private Messages amjur
olcubmaster wrote:Well, the first watching is done and very much like the first fall episode. It was fun in the moment but yet somehow when it ended it seemed lacking the depth I was hoping for.

But again that's how I felt when last fall's episodes started up and then it seemed to climb from there so I'm looking forward to this Saturday's offerings.

And yes - Triumphs ARE cool.



Oh my gosh - I thought it was amazing. but left way too many new questions. ah. cant stand waiting. Loved the new outfit, loved the motorcycle - loved the storyline. The villain looked familiar, any ideas on who it is?
Oh and I ordered STAMPS - hopefully they'll show up. eek.

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall

more somewhat related links.....

(spoilers) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21980892

and

(history) http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rqgz3

enjoy.

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Doctor + New Companion = Ye Good Ship Del Romance

XD

Disagree? Only if you still ship for 11/Amy after the final Amy/Rory ep.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
Moueska wrote:Doctor + New Companion = Ye Good Ship Del Romance

XD

Disagree? Only if you still ship for 11/Amy after the final Amy/Rory ep.



Oh by all means it appears the Doctor is smitten by this kitten!

Can't wait until River pops in for a visit. It should make the initial Rose/Sarah dynamic look like a love fest.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
olcubmaster wrote:Oh by all means it appears the Doctor is smitten by this kitten!

Can't wait until River pops in for a visit. It should make the initial Rose/Sarah dynamic look like a love fest.




For the first time ever Orc and I are up to date (until tonight I guess).


I was wondering where River is in all this. He says he's 1000 now, but at Lake Silencio he says he's 1200, but then there is also rule #1.

This is obviously after Asylum of the Daleks because that episode is repeatedly mentioned, so if that happened in time with the Ponds, he should be over 1200 right? Unless rule #1 applies. It'd also be after Joe the Fish, whatever that was.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
KtCallista wrote:For the first time ever Orc and I are up to date (until tonight I guess).


I was wondering where River is in all this. He says he's 1000 now, but at Lake Silencio he says he's 1200, but then there is also rule #1.

This is obviously after Asylum of the Daleks because that episode is repeatedly mentioned, so if that happened in time with the Ponds, he should be over 1200 right? Unless rule #1 applies. It'd also be after Joe the Fish, whatever that was.




What is rule #1?

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
jawsuser wrote:What is rule #1?



The Doctor lies.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings, and why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings.

Well now, I think last night's little ride was a fun romp. Again - the pacing seems to mimic the arc of last season. First one a bit underwhelming, this one stepping it up as the dynamics of Dr & companion start to develop.

Clara certainly seems to have the right stuff for a later day companion.

Can't wait till next Saturday to see what's next.

And cycles are still cool.

KT - I know we had differing impressions on the first one. What's the take from you and Orc on this one?

Also - where's Inkycatz hiding?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

Seems this board has quietly slipped into a wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey sort of temporal suspended animation.

Click here for the Cold War trailer.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
olcubmaster wrote:The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings, and why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings.

Well now, I think last night's little ride was a fun romp. Again - the pacing seems to mimic the arc of last season. First one a bit underwhelming, this one stepping it up as the dynamics of Dr & companion start to develop.

Clara certainly seems to have the right stuff for a later day companion.

Can't wait till next Saturday to see what's next.

And cycles are still cool.

KT - I know we had differing impressions on the first one. What's the take from you and Orc on this one?

Also - where's Inkycatz hiding?



I haven't seen Rings yet, but when we do I'll let you know!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

amjur


quality posts: 1 Private Messages amjur

Staaaammmmmppppppsssssssssss!! They're here. Yay my stamps arrived today. Hey I actually rec'd royal mail. Kinda cool. Anyway - pretty happy w/my selection result since I had no idea what i was doing.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
amjur wrote:Staaaammmmmppppppsssssssssss!! They're here. Yay my stamps arrived today. Hey I actually rec'd royal mail. Kinda cool. Anyway - pretty happy w/my selection result since I had no idea what i was doing.



Envy runs throughout the board!

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

SPOILER ALERT - trailer of this week's episode "Hide" is HERE

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

and yet another SPOILER ALERT revealing the name and a poster of the finale is found HERE

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
KtCallista wrote:For the first time ever Orc and I are up to date (until tonight I guess).


I was wondering where River is in all this. He says he's 1000 now, but at Lake Silencio he says he's 1200, but then there is also rule #1.

This is obviously after Asylum of the Daleks because that episode is repeatedly mentioned, so if that happened in time with the Ponds, he should be over 1200 right? Unless rule #1 applies. It'd also be after Joe the Fish, whatever that was.



ON that topic....I dare you to check out the season finale info posted above...

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
olcubmaster wrote:ON that topic....I dare you to check out the season finale info posted above...



Saw it on my G+ feed this morning //grrr not nearly as wonderfully concealed and my good friends here do.

I have my own theory on the "name" whether it's actually revealed or not. I believe we all already know it especially since it's been painfully pointed out repeatedly in the only 2 episodes I've seen from this season. Or am I the only one that found that a BIT obvious?

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
KtCallista wrote:Saw it on my G+ feed this morning //grrr not nearly as wonderfully concealed and my good friends here do.

I have my own theory on the "name" whether it's actually revealed or not. I believe we all already know it especially since it's been painfully pointed out repeatedly in the only 2 episodes I've seen from this season. Or am I the only one that found that a BIT obvious?



Well if it's what I'm thinking then I'm hoping those painfully obvious references have been red herrings.

I do hope it's a bit more than that.

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

Whoa momma! Seems the Doctor and his new companion are hitting full stride with the latest installment. I don't think it would be a spoiler to say he's back to being a confident, clever boy enjoying the ability to show his new traveler what the old girl can do.

Anyone else up to date on the series?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

You can view a trailer for the upcoming April 27th episode by clicking HERE and also - a reminder that on Sunday April 28th it's time to "Celebrate the Fourth Doctor, Tom Baker, who he quickly made the part his own. With his eccentric style of dress, speech and his trademark long scarf, the Fourth Doctor became a recognizable figure."

BBC has compiled a list of
The 4th Doctor's Best Quotations

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

Geez, I'm standing here like an Tin Man, talking to myself. Might as well stand on this line like an Tin Man, talking to myself.

And while standing on the throbing yellow line, did anyone else watch Community on 04/25?

Abed (Troy) was wearing a dark blue tee shirt with a mash-up of Bill & Tedd's Excellent Adventure/Doctor Who.



I know I've seen that shirt before and thought it was a woot. Anyone got a clue?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
olcubmaster wrote:Geez, I'm standing here like an Tin Man, talking to myself. Might as well stand on this line like an Tin Man, talking to myself.

I know I've seen that shirt before and thought it was a woot. Anyone got a clue?



I guess I just haven't been able to get into the second half of the latest series, not sure why.

I have watched them though.


and .. http://www.threadless.com/product/3221/This_is_Not_My_Time_Machine

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
dougall wrote:I guess I just haven't been able to get into the second half of the latest series, not sure why.

I have watched them though.


and .. http://www.threadless.com/product/3221/This_is_Not_My_Time_Machine



Thanks for the shirt link. As for the second half of the season, as I've stated before it was a slow lift-off but as of "Hide" it seems to be hitting stride...for me anyway.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

amjur


quality posts: 1 Private Messages amjur
olcubmaster wrote:Envy runs throughout the board!



Honestly I think I spent $20 at most. Didnt take nearly as long as I feared (actually I feared them never showing up).

On the age thing - the numbers he is saying in various episodes are not making sense to me at all. Are they jumping waaay ahead? So confused.
Absolutely dying for River to show up again. Liking the latest episodes but so far the motorcycle one is my favorite. Husband loved the singing/gods one - I thought the whole memories scene was a bit sketchy in that it would seem to me that if they soaked up the Dr's memories he wouldnt remember, right? What happened there?
The haunted house bit last week was seemingly good. Liked it - questioning the writing holes lately now. Hoping things get sewn up a bit tighter as the season goes along.

*That really better not be all there is to his name. IMO it would be poor angle.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

After taking care of all my weekend obligations and chores, I plopped down Sunday evening to watch The Crimson Horror only to find my wonderful Fios DVR has once again taken it upon itself to start life with a clean slate.

No Crimson Horror. None of the season 7 episodes 6-10 I had saved for when version 2 returns home from college next week.

Nada.

So, settled back and found the 4th Doctor Revisted on demand, which I had not watched yet.

Perhaps it's because Tom Baker was my first Doctor, but there is a certain joy and galantry I've always enjoyed in the 4th Dr.

Anyone here manage to see the Crimson and care to leave a spoiler free opinion?

It is might quiet around here.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
olcubmaster wrote:Anyone here manage to see the Crimson and care to leave a spoiler free opinion?



Mrs Peel!!!!!!!!!

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
olcubmaster wrote:After taking care of all my weekend obligations and chores, I plopped down Sunday evening to watch The Crimson Horror only to find my wonderful Fios DVR has once again taken it upon itself to start life with a clean slate.

No Crimson Horror. None of the season 7 episodes 6-10 I had saved for when version 2 returns home from college next week.

Nada.

So, settled back and found the 4th Doctor Revisted on demand, which I had not watched yet.

Perhaps it's because Tom Baker was my first Doctor, but there is a certain joy and galantry I've always enjoyed in the 4th Dr.

Anyone here manage to see the Crimson and care to leave a spoiler free opinion?

It is might quiet around here.



With one exception, I enjoyed this episode more than anything else this season.

I'm tired of the 'sonic screwdriver = magic wand'. Really. Tired.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
Mavyn wrote:With one exception, I enjoyed this episode more than anything else this season.

I'm tired of the 'sonic screwdriver = magic wand'. Really. Tired.



Interesting. I've been trying to identify what's been bugging me and you may have just pinpointed it.

Thanks for the observation.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
olcubmaster wrote:Interesting. I've been trying to identify what's been bugging me and you may have just pinpointed it.

Thanks for the observation.



Screwdrivers are pretty close to magic wands... sonic should impove on that, but yeah - we need some limitations on the tech, besides wood....

Not caught up. Versions will be watching The Bells of St. John next, but then I'm out of episodes.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

amjur


quality posts: 1 Private Messages amjur

Yes! Last night's episode was really good. Love that Neil Gaiman wrote it. Hopefully the episodes are back on track now.

On a side note - Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

Had my best one yet, as Dh (and my babies) managed to get me that very cool ceramic tardis Dr. Who teapot I've been drooling over. I was pleasantly surprised as all I was expecting (or wanted really) was a nice relaxing day w/lots of hugs.
ETA - oh and came back from church to find that our mama dog ate half the cake - guess she thought it was for her. LOL.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Just saw on FB that some Americans are getting the season 7 part 2 dvds already, and are being asked not to post spoilers.

Why couldn't I be one of them???? I have to wait for the disks to see the season at all!

Sorry about your cake amjur. Congrats on the cool teapot!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Agree, this episode was better. A cool return of the cybermen, and kind of a twisted view on the duality of the Doctor.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
Mavyn wrote:Agree, this episode was better. A cool return of the cybermen, and kind of a twisted view on the duality of the Doctor.



Can't wait to catch up when version 2 returns home from school this Friday. I've held back and only seen through the Crimson Horror.

I crossed my fingers and DVR'd it along with Nightmare so he can at least get caught up and we can watch Nightmare together before the finale on Saturday.

But - being an episode behind I will say that the Crimson Horror hit all the marks for me!

Seeing how the DVR died and took everything from Bells of Saint John thur Journey with it, it looks as though I'll be one of those ordering the bluray.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
olcubmaster wrote:Can't wait to catch up when version 2 returns home from school this Friday. I've held back and only seen through the Crimson Horror.

I crossed my fingers and DVR'd it along with Nightmare so he can at least get caught up and we can watch Nightmare together before the finale on Saturday.

But - being an episode behind I will say that the Crimson Horror hit all the marks for me!

Seeing how the DVR died and took everything from Bells of Saint John thur Journey with it, it looks as though I'll be one of those ordering the bluray.



Crimson Horror was good, I was just disappointed that the sonic screwdriver was again used as a miracle delivery system. Bleah.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
Mavyn wrote:Crimson Horror was good, I was just disappointed that the sonic screwdriver was again used as a miracle delivery system. Bleah.



Granted we share similar feelings about the sonic becoming Froggy the Gremlin's Magic Twanger, but I didn't feel it was really the key to the solution this time.

For me it was well paced and nice to see the Doctor being a team leader once again.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

No spoilers included...I think.

Version 2 got home from college Friday and spent Saturday in a Who-coma catching up on the new season. When he got to Crimson Horror I joined him, but due to obligations I wasn't going to be home for the rebroadcast of Nightmare in Silver (which I had not seen) or the finale.

He decided to wait on both of those until Sunday evening when we could ride out the final two together..and what a ride. I'm sure there were lapses in logic and wild leaps of faith but we rode right along with the stories.

It merits repeated watchings over the next few months and Season 8 can not begin soon enough for us!

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I think we have the longest delay. To keep you all updated, Orcrist has pre-ordered the blu-ray (we did not get the early release) and the estimated arrival is next Tuesday. Since that is a weekday and the Versions only watch TV on the weekend (for the most part) it may be the week after or a little later before we are caught up, as I will be applying for jobs closing during that time as well.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
KtCallista wrote:I think we have the longest delay. To keep you all updated, Orcrist has pre-ordered the blu-ray (we did not get the early release) and the estimated arrival is next Tuesday. Since that is a weekday and the Versions only watch TV on the weekend (for the most part) it may be the week after or a little later before we are caught up, as I will be applying for jobs closing during that time as well.



Good luck on the job hunt! Seems there aren't many of us left in the blue box here, but I'll be waiting to hear how your family reacts to viewing.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

I dislike that there aren't a whole lot of episodes per season of doctor who. I mean, I don't want to cheapen the episodes by having too many, but when you think about it... 13 episodes plus a christmas special? Seriously?

I realize the reason it feels so terribly short is because they broke the season in half after the final Rory/Amy episode just prior to the Christmas episode, and the "Climactic Finish" of the "Great Intelligence" was a little silly IMHO.

In the meantime, the final scene of the Doctor and River Song was oddly final in its creation. So there's no middle ground / chance that he will run into her again, hm? Tsk.

amjur


quality posts: 1 Private Messages amjur

Sorry to be chiming in so late - I have all sorts of comments running in my head - which I cant even began to sort through ha! but i will say, I wasnt all that happy with crimson horror. Cyberman episode was good.

One More Goof! the season finale was phenomenal! (yeah, that looks spelled wrong - too tired to look it up) - will need to watch a lot! Loved the River Song parts - agree on the closing was off maybe? Not sure I'm completely satisfied w/the story arc, parts of it dont jive.

Cannot wait for next season - but isnt there a 50 anniversary special - or is that the christmas special?

amjur


quality posts: 1 Private Messages amjur

Oh and (not DrWho related) just ordered that cthulhu shirt for DH for father's day. Please tell me that woot shirts are pretty true to sizing as I would hate to have ordered one too small.