WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Maison de Monaco Preserves

Speed to First Woot:
2m 33.776s
First Sucker:
jmtalk
Last Wooter to Woot:
exclusivegirl
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 35% of Wine Woots
Bottom 34% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 46% of Wine Woots
Top 48% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 3% first woot
  • 2% second woot
  • 11% < 10 woots
  • 21% < 25 woots
  • 63% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 1% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 17% one year old
  • 79% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 81% bought 1
  • 7% bought 2
  • 12% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

10%
7%
1%
3%
0%
4%
2%
10%
4%
10%
10%
4%
4%
4%
4%
2%
3%
1%
1%
4%
4%
4%
3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1643 Private Messages Cesare

Maison de Monaco Preserves 3 Pack with Carrier
$21.99 (Normally $29.99) 27% off List Price
Blackberry & Poppy Flower Preserves, 7.75 oz.
Apricot & Hibiscus Preserves, 7.75 oz
Strawberry & Cassis Cream Preserves, 7.75 oz
3-Jar Carrier Stand

Website

Previous offers:
12/6/11
9/29/11
9/14/11

™ © ®

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

CowboyDann


quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Two Questions:
Is this stuff organic?
And what's the life of this stuff after you open it?

Oh and a third one. Previous buyers how good is this stuff? I'm not much of a foodie, but the names sound interesting. Is this stuff great or will this just taste like regular jam to me?

celeste91784


quality posts: 8 Private Messages celeste91784

Do these come with the metal condiment server that's pictured?

w00tgurl


quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl

"Would ya please pass the jelly?"

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

celeste91784 wrote:Do these come with the metal condiment server that's pictured?



Yep:

Maison de Monaco 3-Pack Preserves with Carrier includes:

Blackberry & Poppy Flower Preserves, 7.75 oz.
Apricot & Hibiscus Preserves, 7.75 oz
Strawberry & Cassis Cream Preserves, 7.75 oz
3-Jar Carrier Stand



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ptravers99


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ptravers99

Seriously? $26.99 (21.99+5) for three tiny bottles of jelly? I guess some people must have too much money.

ptravers99


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ptravers99
CowboyDann wrote:Two Questions:
Is this stuff organic?
And what's the life of this stuff after you open it?

Oh and a third one. Previous buyers how good is this stuff? I'm not much of a foodie, but the names sound interesting. Is this stuff great or will this just taste like regular jam to me?



"Life of this stuff after you open it"? Jars this size would only make one sammich.

DarkStar11


quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarkStar11

Those bottles look terribly difficult to get the last Tablespoon (or more) out of.

phidan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages phidan
ptravers99 wrote:"Life of this stuff after you open it"? Jars this size would only make one sammich.



7.75 ounces. Not a lot, but definitely more than a sandwich

morsmordre


quality posts: 2 Private Messages morsmordre

I bought these during the September 2011 offering, although only the Blackberry and Poppy Flower flavor is the same. That one tasted, to my unrefined palate, sort of like cotton candy. I also got Peach and Lavender (which my mom pronounced "tastes like candles") and Raspberry and Violet (which had a kind of grassiness to it that was pleasant, and ended up being my favorite of the three).

I still have all three jars in my fridge, and they don't look or smell questionable, although I find that I feel no urge to taste them. Although these made for really fun tasting with family and friends, I did not end up liking them enough to want to continue eating them.

phidan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages phidan
morsmordre wrote:I bought these during the December 2011 offering, although only the Blackberry and Poppy Flower flavor is the same. That one tasted, to my unrefined palate, sort of like cotton candy. I also got Peach and Lavender (which my mom pronounced "tastes like candles") and Raspberry and Violet (which had a kind of grassiness to it that was pleasant, and ended up being my favorite of the three).

I still have all three jars in my fridge, and they don't look or smell questionable, although I find that I feel no urge to taste them. Although these made for really fun tasting with family and friends, I did not end up liking them enough to want to continue eating them.



To be honest none of these sound good.

parkermc


quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc

The ingredients sound a bit like herbal tea - except for the one with black currant cream. Those who appreciate floral teas may find these quite tasty. I'm more inclined to stronger, usually black, teas, myself. Although, adding black current cream to herbal tea might change my mind! ;)

factotum


quality posts: 10 Private Messages factotum

My local grocery had these on sale for $3.99. I stocked up! Woot's price is insane (and not in the ridiculously good way). The peach & lavender is excellent. They're not overly sweet thanks to the absence of corn syrup. They keep for months even with crumbs of bread and streaks of butter that inevitably get swirled in.

Tiamat114


quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

This stuff is amazing, and I always have nothing but good things to say about it every time it has comes up. I have been wishing, and hoping, and begging, and praying to the woot gods for it to come back, and finally my dreams have come to fruition, but only to come crashing down around me.

Every previous offering of this stuff, was $15.99 + $5.00 shipping for a TOTAL PRICE of $21.99, and I was ok with that, really I was. I even went in on 3 the stuff was so good. At this price though, I just don't know, I think it is a bit ridiculous. I would rather wait until the west coast is awake and call up Maison de Monaco directly and see how much it costs to buy straight from them.

I really don't want to pay an additional $5 an order I wasn't paying before, which adds up fast to $15 when you want to go in for 3 like I do because its just that good. That would have been an entire order more for just 99 cents more. I mean comon!

maggiecain


quality posts: 9 Private Messages maggiecain

These preserves are fantastic. I have no idea how someone could think they taste like candles. They also have about half the sugar of regular jelly, so that's a bonus especially for those with diabetes or other reasons to cut sugar consumption. I make my son's PB&J with these and he has no idea he's eating high falutin' food. I did have a jar get moldy after being open for a long time in the fridge, but if you eat jelly regularly (a few times a week?) you'll have no problems.

marysharron


quality posts: 0 Private Messages marysharron
phidan wrote:To be honest none of these sound good.



Serve them alongside goat cheese with crackers or a sliced baguette.

kchoschton


quality posts: 17 Private Messages kchoschton
Tiamat114 wrote:This stuff is amazing, and I always have nothing but good things to say about it every time it has comes up. I have been wishing, and hoping, and begging, and praying to the woot gods for it to come back, and finally my dreams have come to fruition, but only to come crashing down around me.

Every previous offering of this stuff, was $15.99 + $5.00 shipping for a TOTAL PRICE of $21.99, and I was ok with that, really I was. I even went in on 3 the stuff was so good. At this price though, I just don't know, I think it is a bit ridiculous. I would rather wait until the west coast is awake and call up Maison de Monaco directly and see how much it costs to buy straight from them.

I really don't want to pay an additional $5 an order I wasn't paying before, which adds up fast to $15 when you want to go in for 3 like I do because its just that good. That would have been an entire order more for just 99 cents more. I mean comon!



+1.

eneref


quality posts: 13 Private Messages eneref

Got these in a previous woot, and I enjoyed them quite a bit. However, the Peach/Lavender, that I liked the most of the three I bought, turned mouldy in the fridge in under a week after being opened. I was most disappointed, and it made me worry about the state it was in when I received it. The other lasted AGES without issues... but it had me wary of quality control. And I'm not sure I'd trust them being shipped across the country in this heat wave.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

I hate Thursdays

pjfavia


quality posts: 4 Private Messages pjfavia

Part of the price is likely to pay for the carrier, which doesn't seem like it would be useful after you've eaten all the jam. The bottles are oddly shaped so it's hard to tell if other jam bottles would fit into the carrier.

eclectus


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eclectus
phidan wrote:7.75 ounces. Not a lot, but definitely more than a sandwich



....Unless you're 10. If you still think Fluffernutters (peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches) are the height of haut, stick with Trappist preserves.... and peanut butter and marshmallow.

PTommins


quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins
Tiamat114 wrote:This stuff is amazing, and I always have nothing but good things to say about it every time it has comes up. I have been wishing, and hoping, and begging, and praying to the woot gods for it to come back, and finally my dreams have come to fruition, but only to come crashing down around me.

Every previous offering of this stuff, was $15.99 + $5.00 shipping for a TOTAL PRICE of $21.99, and I was ok with that, really I was. I even went in on 3 the stuff was so good. At this price though, I just don't know, I think it is a bit ridiculous. I would rather wait until the west coast is awake and call up Maison de Monaco directly and see how much it costs to buy straight from them.

I really don't want to pay an additional $5 an order I wasn't paying before, which adds up fast to $15 when you want to go in for 3 like I do because its just that good. That would have been an entire order more for just 99 cents more. I mean comon!



Sitting too close to the fireworks last night?

$15.99 + $5 = $20.99

Thought woot shipping was flat $5 per order not $15 for 3 unless you're shipping to different addresses?

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
PTommins wrote:Sitting too close to the fireworks last night?

$15.99 + $5 = $20.99

Thought woot shipping was flat $5 per order not $15 for 3 unless you're shipping to different addresses?


The point is this cost $6 more than a previous woot, w/o shipping factored in. So if the user wants to order 3, as they have done in the past, it will cost $18 more. Which is more the original offer of these preserves cost.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

Bione


quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione
darlenee1 wrote:The point is this cost $6 more than a previous woot, w/o shipping factored in. So if the user wants to order 3, as they have done in the past, it will cost $18 more. Which is more the original offer of these preserves cost.



So the price has gone up (the shipping is just a red herring) and we don't even get the fancy square plate or the waffles!?

The price is not outrageous for this sort of specialty gift product, but it's definitely not the deal that it used to be.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
fredrinaldi wrote:I hate Thursdays



But, but... Stillman Brown! (We've still got wine on Thursday!)

I'm just hanging out, really.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
inkycatz wrote:But, but... Stillman Brown! (We've still got wine on Thursday!)


Know anything about the
2009 Black Zeppelin ?

stillmanbrown


quality posts: 141 Private Messages stillmanbrown
fredrinaldi wrote:Know anything about the
2009 Black Zeppelin ?



Hi Fred. I made the wine, but I don't see or don't get my own community board for this wine offer so I'll answer your question here - it was on WW a month or so ago, 70% Petite Sirah. There should be lots of comments if you go into the archives . . .

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
stillmanbrown wrote:Hi Fred. I made the wine, but I don't see or don't get my own community board for this wine offer so I'll answer your question here - it was on WW a month or so ago, 70% Petite Sirah. There should be lots of comments if you go into the archives . . .



We got this covered!

I'm just hanging out, really.

Slarti59


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

I think the extra $5 is because these come with a carrier.

paulmd


quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulmd

We liked these preserves a lot, and I just got one this time too.

However, I don't like the fact that the carrier is included and there is no option to buy it separately from the bottles (and pay more).

I have no use for the carrier and will recycle it when it gets here.

Please don't try to rip off your customers by forcing them to buy frivolous items, Ms. Guilhem. Not cool!

cyberpenguin


quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin

Got these before and they were great, especially the blackberry/poppy.

The fruit flavors are dominant with a minor hint of the additional flavors.

The sugar content is low, much like a compote. I prefer this style because it lets the fruit flavors really come through.

I was just about out, so I'm in for another.

Tiamat114


quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114
darlenee1 wrote:The point is this cost $6 more than a previous woot, w/o shipping factored in. So if the user wants to order 3, as they have done in the past, it will cost $18 more. Which is more the original offer of these preserves cost.



Yeah, sorry my math was a bit off. I didn't watch the fireworks I'm just not a morning person. If I buy 3 this time it comes to with shipping $70.97. My last order for 3 was $52.97, for your spot on correct answer, a difference of $18 not $15. Not cool Woot.

maisondemonaco


quality posts: 11 Private Messages maisondemonaco
paulmd wrote:We liked these preserves a lot, and I just got one this time too.

However, I don't like the fact that the carrier is included and there is no option to buy it separately from the bottles (and pay more).

I have no use for the carrier and will recycle it when it gets here.

Please don't try to rip off your customers by forcing them to buy frivolous items, Ms. Guilhem. Not cool!



I thought the carrier would be a nice idea for a gift, the jars are nicely shaped and then you can use them for herbs or spices..

maisondemonaco


quality posts: 11 Private Messages maisondemonaco
eneref wrote:Got these in a previous woot, and I enjoyed them quite a bit. However, the Peach/Lavender, that I liked the most of the three I bought, turned mouldy in the fridge in under a week after being opened. I was most disappointed, and it made me worry about the state it was in when I received it. The other lasted AGES without issues... but it had me wary of quality control. And I'm not sure I'd trust them being shipped across the country in this heat wave.



I'm sorry to hear that the peach lavender lasted only a week, all the product are pasteurized and i try to be really carreful on the quality. None of the preserves contains preservatives and are very low in sugar.

Tiamat114


quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

Woot, please consider bringing back the old style jars without the caddy next time. It's just not really the right time of year for a gift set sort of item. Maybe closer to the holidays, but not now.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Tiamat114 wrote:Woot, please consider bringing back the old style jars without the caddy next time. It's just not really the right time of year for a gift set sort of item. Maybe closer to the holidays, but not now.


But my birthday's next month, doesn't that count?
(I know, no.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

maisondemonaco


quality posts: 11 Private Messages maisondemonaco
factotum wrote:My local grocery had these on sale for $3.99. I stocked up! Woot's price is insane (and not in the ridiculously good way). The peach & lavender is excellent. They're not overly sweet thanks to the absence of corn syrup. They keep for months even with crumbs of bread and streaks of butter that inevitably get swirled in.


Thanks for your comment, just to let you know that the promotion in the store is not with the same jars. this one is more a gift set...