2 Outdoor Vino Rambling Red
CT links above

Winery website
Website 2

™ © ®

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc

Okay, I am completely lost, but highly intrigued. This is a very different Woot.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Some of those wines look like they'd be really sweet. Anybody got any tasting notes? I appreciate the links Cesare but they weren't much help for me.

jodynakedwinery

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jodynakedwinery
parkermc wrote:Okay, I am completely lost, but highly intrigued. This is a very different Woot.

Lost? Take a bottle of Outdoor Vino with you and enjoy the adventure. Perfect wine for getting lost for a weekend.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

parkermc wrote:Okay, I am completely lost, but highly intrigued. This is a very different Woot.

Same here. I'm hoping for some more info.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jodynakedwinery

CowboyDann wrote:Some of those wines look like they'd be really sweet. Anybody got any tasting notes? I appreciate the links Cesare but they weren't much help for me.

The wines are not sweet. All blends and very drinkable.

jodynakedwinery

jodynakedwinery wrote:The wines are not sweet. All blends and very drinkable.

See more notes here: http://outdoorwino.com/wine/

jodynakedwinery

ThunderThighs wrote:Same here. I'm hoping for some more info.

http://outdoorwino.com/wine/
The wines white and pink are about a 1.5% RS and the Red is dry. All have a lot of fruit. Meant to be consumed, not aged.

CowboyDann

jodynakedwinery wrote:The wines are not sweet. All blends and very drinkable.

Thanks

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Do you have any numbers on these wines?
TA, RS, % of grape in each

Edit... I see the RS was just posted above while I was writing, thanks.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

jodynakedwinery

Plastic bottle? Yes! This bottle is recyclable, reusable, shatter proof and lightweight.

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

I was gonna take a pass, on account of some of this being about a buck a bottle MORE than the retail price in, say, OHIO ... and on account of there being nothing, really to read about these wines that I can find ... but with this vintner sweet talking us this way, it's just really hard to resist the charm factor, ya know?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Too interesting to pass up. I'm in.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jodynakedwinery

bkarlan wrote:Do you have any numbers on these wines?
TA, RS, % of grape in each

Edit... I see the RS was just posted above while I was writing, thanks.

The blends change somewhat so we can get the flavor profile we want. We are looking for bright, fruity flavors. Not looking for high tannins or a wine that needs aging.

The red is currently primarily Cabernet/Merlot/Barbera
The white is mostly Chardonnay/Riesling/Gewurztraminer
The pink is Pinot Noir and Riesling.

jodynakedwinery

ThunderThighs wrote:Too interesting to pass up. I'm in.

Glad your in. Now take it outside!

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh

I'm in for 1 set to stock up my 1965 vintage camper should travel nicely. Thanks again woot!

jodynakedwinery

collinvh wrote:I'm in for 1 set to stock up my 1965 vintage camper should travel nicely. Thanks again woot!

Perfect! With the plastic bottles being 1/6 the weight of glass, you'll be traveling lighter!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

We tasted the Picnic Table Pink and the Wanderlust White last Thursday and both were very good.

These are perfect wines for Picnics in the Park, Pool Parties, camping, etc. Because they are plastic bottles, there is less weight (and while still 750ml, a slightly smaller bottle than a normal glass wine bottle) and they are perfect for places where you don't want glass.

I really, really liked the Wanderlust White (not sweet, IIRC), and while I only really liked the PT Pink, they were both very good.

Last time I saw a plastic wine bottle was last year's Beaujolais Nouveau release. Or maybe the year before. They were interesting bottles at the time, but I skipped buying any BN.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Early for the Best Coast, but still ...

Happy Independence Day !!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:We tasted the Picnic Table Pink and the Wanderlust White last Thursday and both were very good.

These are perfect wines for Picnics in the Park, Pool Parties, camping, etc. Because they are plastic bottles, there is less weight (and while still 750ml, a slightly smaller bottle than a normal glass wine bottle) and they are perfect for places where you don't want glass.

I really, really liked the Wanderlust White (not sweet, IIRC), and while I only really liked the PT Pink, they were both very good.

Last time I saw a plastic wine bottle was last year's Beaujolais Nouveau release. Or maybe the year before. They were interesting bottles at the time, but I skipped buying any BN.

I liked them both too, of course I found the rose a little better :P White seemed a little hot to me was what I put in my notes, I'm guessing I meant alcohol but honestly don't remember. Still good though.

Yeah, don't let the plastic bottle thing fool you, they're pretty good wines, not overly sweet or fruitbombs.

Kinda curious about the reds, at this price, I might find out

CT

Candleshoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Candleshoe

"Wino"????

Looks to me like the lable says, "Vino"...

Just sayin'....

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh
Candleshoe wrote:"Wino"????

Looks to me like the lable says, "Vino"...

Just sayin'....

I think woot needs to do a background check on whomever did the write-up. Someone clearly has subconscious issues.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Why do woot.com, wine.woot.com, kids.woot.com, and shirt.woot.com all take me to sellout.woot.com? Especially galling since the sellout.woot.com offering is, um, sold out?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

jodynakedwinery

yorknh wrote:I think woot needs to do a background check on whomever did the write-up. Someone clearly has subconscious issues.

Outdoor Wino is the brand. It is who WE are. Love wine... love to play outside. Outdoor Vino is the wine to bring along.

ladysoleil

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ladysoleil

I am not a big wine drinker, so take me with a grain of salt, but I did like these and would buy if my state weren't minnow. Also, it's super fun to drop the bottle and watch people freak as it hits the floor.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

I LOVE the idea of plastic bottles for drink-now wines. If more wineries used plastic bottles, prices would decrease since shipping would be less due to the decreased cost of shipping (glass = heavy, plastic = light).

Of course, most of the wines we get here on woot would not be good candidates for plastic bottles, but a large portion of grocery store wine: absolutely.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jodynakedwinery

There is the environmental aspect... The production of these bottles uses 77% less water, omits less green house gases and less air pollution then the production of a traditional glass bottle.

AND they are manufactured here in the USA... Burlingame, CA.

Happy Birthday, USA!

p2002

quality posts: 8 Private Messages p2002
JOATMON wrote:Why do woot.com, wine.woot.com, kids.woot.com, and shirt.woot.com all take me to sellout.woot.com? Especially galling since the sellout.woot.com offering is, um, sold out?

Curious as to how you got to this page to post then. I had the same problem earlier and was using Firefox at the time, I switched over to explorer and no more issue. Not sure what happend, but would like an update myself.

kadsworld

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kadsworld

In for one. These look perfect for taking along on the yearly trip to Branson.

jodynakedwinery

Fishing gal Linda Scott shared a bottle of red at Millersylvania State Park near Olympia, WA with her Sisters on the Fly. Good time had around the campfire by 25 or more outdoor-loving women.

Where are you going to take your Vino?

MarkDaSpark

Cesare wrote:Outdoor Wino Mix by Naked Winery 4-Pack
$42.99 (Normally $60.00) 28% off List Price
1 Outdoor Vino Picnic Tablepink
1 Outdoor Vino Wanderlust White
2 Outdoor Vino Rambling Red
CT links above

Winery website
Website 2

Summer shipping is in effect so don't worry about your wine.
Every winery needs a separate license from each state which is why your state isn't listed.

For discussion threads on the Plus Deals use the following links:
Ty Caton
Tom Eddy

™ © ®

You forgot to include that Woot still has buy one, get shipping free on all same-day purchases. Which is one reason why the Woot wine prices are higher. Plus there is no "T" word for wine here.

solidary121

quality posts: 7 Private Messages solidary121

You know, after MarkDaSpark recommends it, you really have to think it's at least worth the $10.75 per bottle... :-) In for one (and just got my black square)!

ThunderThighs

Staff

JOATMON wrote:Why do woot.com, wine.woot.com, kids.woot.com, and shirt.woot.com all take me to sellout.woot.com? Especially galling since the sellout.woot.com offering is, um, sold out?

The deveopers were looking into it a couple hours ago so it should be fixed now.

Happy 4th, y'all!

jodynakedwinery

These wines have screw cap closures for easy access and storage. Easy wine to take on boating, pinicking and hiking adventures!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
solidary121 wrote:You know, after MarkDaSpark recommends it, you really have to think it's at least worth the $10.75 per bottle... :-) In for one (and just got my black square)!

congrats on the black square!!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

ok someone twist my arm.... I think I want to try these.....have a full wine fridge..... its summer.... hmmmm

jodynakedwinery

mommadeb1 wrote:ok someone twist my arm.... I think I want to try these.....have a full wine fridge..... its summer.... hmmmm

pool... twist.
lake... twist twist.
picnic... twist twist twist
hike up to watch the sunset from a mountain top...

They don't need to go in the wine fridge. Just drink 'em!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
mommadeb1 wrote:ok someone twist my arm.... I think I want to try these.....have a full wine fridge..... its summer.... hmmmm

Very tasty for the price point. Loved both the white and rose. And like someone said, the bottles are fun.

Convinced yet?

CowboyDann

solidary121 wrote:You know, after MarkDaSpark recommends it, you really have to think it's at least worth the $10.75 per bottle... :-) In for one (and just got my black square)!

Congratulations! Now all you need is a black Triangle!
One of us, One of us.