WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Galante Vineyards

Galante. Sounds pretty, right? Well, here's the problem: no one knows what it means (except for people who look up the words they're writing about). Maybe it's a name, or maybe it means "Wine-y" in French or something. Sadly, we'll never know for sure. But it's okay. You can fill the hole left by lost knowledge with some Galante wines!
Galante Vineyards official site

Quality Posts

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

Soooo, The Red Rose Hill Cab is listed as a 3 pack, but the picture shows 4 bottles, and the specs say 2008 but the picture shows 2009.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

Anyone familiar with Carmel Valley wine?

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jhkey wrote:Soooo, The Red Rose Hill Cab is listed as a 3 pack, but the picture shows 4 bottles, and the specs say 2008 but the picture shows 2009.

MarkDaSpark wrote:The close up Label Pic for the PS offer shows their Cab, not the PS Label.

Yipes! We'll get someone on that. Thanks.

I'm just hanging out, really.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

The close up Label Pic for the PS offer shows their Cab, not the PS Label.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah

A new petite for me plus a new appellation means I'm in.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

MarkDaSpark

And this caught me by surprise ...

First Sucker: MarkDaSpark

Last Wooter to Woot: PetiteSirah

I thought for sure PS would have been First. Nice map though ... Just CA and NY lit up.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Cesare

quality posts: 1650 Private Messages Cesare

Galante Vineyards Red Rose Hill Cabernet Sauvignon 3-Pack
$78.99 (Normally $105.00) 25% off List Price
Galante Vineyards 2008 Red Rose Hill, Carmel Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon

Blackjack Pasture Cabernet Sauvignon 2-Pack
$74.99 (Normally $100.00) 25% off List Price
Galante Vineyards 2006 Blackjack Pasture Carmel Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon

Estate Sauvignon Blanc 4-Pack
$78.99 (Normally $100.00) 21% off List Price
Galante Vineyards 2010 Estate Sauvignon Blanc, Carmel Valley

"Olive Hill" Petite Sirah 2-Pack
$61.99 (Normally $80.00) 23% off List Price
Galante Vineyards 2009 "Olive Hill" Petite Sirah
CT links above

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark

jhkey wrote:Anyone familiar with Carmel Valley wine?

Nope. Haven't really heard of any of the wineries there.

But Galante has 3 out of the 5 Best of Appellation medals.

MarkDaSpark

Cesare wrote:Nobody made the links yet :{

Galante Vineyards Red Rose Hill Cabernet Sauvignon 3-Pack
$78.99 (Normally $105.00) 25% off List Price
Galante Vineyards 2008 Red Rose Hill, Carmel Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon

Blackjack Pasture Cabernet Sauvignon 2-Pack
$74.99 (Normally $100.00) 25% off List Price
Galante Vineyards 2006 Blackjack Pasture Carmel Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon

Estate Sauvignon Blanc 4-Pack
$78.99 (Normally $100.00) 21% off List Price
Galante Vineyards 2010 Estate Sauvignon Blanc, Carmel Valley

"Olive Hill" Petite Sirah 2-Pack
$61.99 (Normally $80.00) 23% off List Price
Galante Vineyards 2009 "Olive Hill" Petite Sirah
CT links above

Slacker! We wait for you!

inkycatz

MarkDaSpark wrote:Slacker! We wait for you!

I know I do!

galanteblackjack

quality posts: 12 Private Messages galanteblackjack
jhkey wrote:Soooo, The Red Rose Hill Cab is listed as a 3 pack, but the picture shows 4 bottles, and the specs say 2008 but the picture shows 2009.

Howdy All - The offer is for the 2008, sorry about that mixup. In our haste we sent a bottle of the 2009 for the photo. This is the last of the 2008 vintage that we saved for the Wooters. Enjoy!

galanteblackjack

MarkDaSpark wrote:Nope. Haven't really heard of any of the wineries there.

But Galante has 3 out of the 5 Best of Appellation medals.

Carmel Valley is a small appellation in the larger Monterey region. As you all probably know, Monterey county is the largest grape growing region in the US with over 40,000 ares of vineyards. Carmel Valley is quite unique in Monterey as it is in the higher elevations - my property goes from 700 to 2200 feet! We are very well know for our Bordeaux varietals and old world style wines.
Our Sauvignon Blanc has been picked as Top 100 Wines in the US and one numerous international awards. Our Petite Sirah was also recently chosen by the World of Fine Wine as one of the 5 most superb examples in the US. Of course our Cabernets have received numerous awards and high acclaim over the years. Enjoy!

galanteblackjack

jhkey wrote:Anyone familiar with Carmel Valley wine?

FYI - other notable wines in and around the Carmel Valley Appellation are Heller Estates (the old Durney property), Bernardus, Joullian, Georis, and Talbot Sleepy Hollow (just outside the appellation). It is a spectacular region marked by cool nights and hot dry days.

inkycatz

galanteblackjack wrote:FYI - other notable wines in and around the Carmel Valley Appellation are Heller Estates (the old Durney property), Bernardus, Joullian, Georis, and Talbot Sleepy Hollow (just outside the appellation). It is a spectacular region marked by cool nights and hot dry days.

Thanks for dropping in, this is good information to have. Could you share some of the drinking windows on the wines being offered?

galanteblackjack

inkycatz wrote:Thanks for dropping in, this is good information to have.

Sure thing - let me know if you have any questions.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

galanteblackjack wrote:Sure thing - let me know if you have any questions.

Welcome Jack Galante! Always good to you you round these parts....!

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

galanteblackjack

inkycatz wrote:Thanks for dropping in, this is good information to have. Could you share some of the drinking windows on the wines being offered?

Sure - our wines are made in an old world style. They are certainly ready to drink and delicious when released but have excellent longevity for those who want to cellar them. The Sauv Blanc will easily hold a year or two, but we find it at its best when consumed young and fresh. The 2008 Red Rose Hill Cab will be at its best for the next 5 to 7 years, the 2006 Blackjack Pasture can easily hold another 10 years but is delicious now, and the Petite Sirah will be wonderful over the next 5 to 7 years. Some of our customers love the wines young and bright and some tend to hold them many years. I am still releasing library wines occasionally for our Wine Gang members from 1994 on and they are FABULOUS! Hope this helps.

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

Always good to see wines below 14%. What's your trick? Are these fully dry? Everyone seems to coming in higher these days...

signed.

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

Cool! The Petite Sirah is in the little portly short bottles like Agricola COS uses! That oughtta be reason enough for a set right there!

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

galanteblackjack

canonizer wrote:Always good to see wines below 14%. What's your trick? Are these fully dry? Everyone seems to coming in higher these days...

Yes, the wines are completely dry - none of that residual sugar! Our growing season is very long with night time tems in the early 40s and hot, dry days - 90 to 100. This allows the grapes to ripen slowly and develop tremendous maturity over a long time. We usually harvest in October/November (Sauv Blanc coming in slightly earlier). Our fruit is picked when mature, NOT over-ripe, at around 24-24.5 degrees brix. As such we do not develop high alcohols as with over-ripe wines.

galanteblackjack

iByron wrote:Cool! The Petite Sirah is in the little portly short bottles like Agricola COS uses! That oughtta be reason enough for a set right there!

iByron

Short and stout but it packs a punch! And our cowboy philosophy on the back states: "If the world made sense, men would ride side-saddle!"

neilfindswine

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

galanteblackjack wrote: And our cowboy philosophy on the back states: "If the world made sense, men would ride side-saddle!"

...hard to argue with that...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny
MarkDaSpark wrote: Nice map though ... Just CA and NY lit up.

I felt Illinois needed some representation for the PS.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

MarkDaSpark

funbunny wrote:I felt Illinois needed some representation for the PS.

Welcome to the Dark Side ... We have cookies!!!!

Cesare

quality posts: 1650 Private Messages Cesare
galanteblackjack wrote:Carmel Valley is a small appellation in the larger Monterey region. As you all probably know, Monterey county is the largest grape growing region in the US with over 40,000 ares of vineyards. Carmel Valley is quite unique in Monterey as it is in the higher elevations - my property goes from 700 to 2200 feet! We are very well know for our Bordeaux varietals and old world style wines.
Our Sauvignon Blanc has been picked as Top 100 Wines in the US and one numerous international awards. Our Petite Sirah was also recently chosen by the World of Fine Wine as one of the 5 most superb examples in the US. Of course our Cabernets have received numerous awards and high acclaim over the years. Enjoy!

We will be in Carmel July 21-22! We won't have too much time for wine tasting but hoping to stop by Galante, and Bernardus at a minimum. Probably on the 22nd.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny
MarkDaSpark wrote:Welcome to the Dark Side ... We have cookies!!!!

I hope they are chocolate or may I say - Dark & Delicious!

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

galanteblackjack

Cesare wrote:We will be in Carmel July 21-22! We won't have too much time for wine tasting but hoping to stop by Galante, and Bernardus at a minimum. Probably on the 22nd.

If you want to have a GREAT time on Saturday, July 21, we will be having our 2012 Summer Sounds Concert at the Winery with Asleep at the Wheel and Red Beans & Rice. Check out our website for more info. Of course, our Tasting Room in Carmel will also be open. Either way we would love to see you.