rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Still waiting.....

And for the "what you bought" tab to get displayed on a single page to allow a ^F search for past purchases; rather than slogging thru ~30+ pages...
[edit] got me a sparky I did.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:And for the "what you bought" tab to get displayed on a single page to allow a ^F search for past purchases; rather than slogging thru ~30+ pages...
[edit] got me a sparky I did.

Yes, that would be nice if they did that!

As well as fix the shipping "feature" that changes my delivery location on shipping from my alternate address to my default address.

Still having problems where stuff I've ordered to go to one location, changes to go to my default delivery location when shipping occurs.

Everything shows fine on the Stuff I've Ordered page, UNTIL shipping occurs. Then the delivery address changes from the alternate location to the default location. It's happened far too many times.

Before, I had my default location to be here in Long Beach, and the alternate location was to my wine locker in Irvine. The alternate delivery location was only used for Wine.Woot wine orders.

Every so often, even though I had used the alternate (Irvine) delivery in the order, once shipping occurred, it would change to my default (LB) delivery location. So I changed the default to be the Irvine delivery location instead of the LB location.

I make sure each and every order is going to the correct location before buying, as well as make sure it's correct after ordering on the Stuff page.

However, on checking on delivery for an item today (after not checking due to the holidays), at least one of my recent Woot-Off orders has changed from my alternate (LB) delivery location to my default (Irvine) location.

Woot Order #xxxxxxx (Kodak USB Power Pack) MAGICALLY changed from my LB delivery to my Irvine location.

The only non-wine order going to Irvine should have been Order #xxxxxxx, which are the BACtrack Keychain Breathalyzers.

This situation has been HIGHLY irritating.

So you guys rock on the new delivery settings, but suck on this one! Can't anyone fix this? Please?

It's irritating to have non-wine stuff go to my locker, but not as irritating as my wine stuff showing up here.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

This isn't a NEW issue with the new site but it bugs the HECK out of me. The PM notification lists a number. Great. But it lists the total number of PMs in your box as opposed to the number of unread ones. This leads to all kinds of forum posts about checking PMs because nobody keeps track of how many PMs they have.

I could delete the read ones i guess but I don't delete them because they have contact info in them as well as I have heard that if someone replies to a PM thread I've deleted, I'll never get the message (is that true?).

Anyway, I'd love to see e PM system upgraded. Especially the notifier.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Man, coding two tabs for wine.woot must be the most difficult thing ever! All we want is travel and gathering tabs... Easy words to spell, tabs can be done since they already exist. Not sure what the issue is.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:Man, coding two tabs for wine.woot must be the most difficult thing ever! All we want is travel and gathering tabs... Easy words to spell, tabs can be done since they already exist. Not sure what the issue is.

There's a boatload of items on the development log - some you'll notice, some behind the scenes. Just because something doesn't get done quickly doesn't mean it's not being considered.

I did put through another request.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Like to see the gift process improved. Have the system recognize that you are adding a gift address. Instead, it goes in as an alternative address and becomes the default. And you have to add cc info and billing address with it. Then change back the default.

I would also like the old system where gifts were in addition to personal order, not combined. Current process of combining will lead to more "second" screen names.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman

The two major requests are still:
1) Bring back real timestamps for the forums rather than "x minutes/hours ago"
2) Include real tracking numbers/links in shipping emails

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

ThunderThighs wrote:There's a boatload of items on the development log - some you'll notice, some behind the scenes. Just because something doesn't get done quickly doesn't mean it's not being considered.

I did put through another request.

Shirt.woot got like 3 new tabs and have had them for a long while. And they seem no more important than ours. Just saying... no one likes favorites.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
klezman wrote:The two major requests are still:
1) Bring back real timestamps for the forums rather than "x minutes/hours ago"
2) Include real tracking numbers/links in shipping emails

I have to add a few of my own, but the tracking #s in shipping emails is big and such a HUGE oversight of the developers. Such a BASIC item that was already in place!!!

My additions:
1) Go back to gifts being separate orders, not counted towards the days allotments. I can't believe I hadn't thought of simply creating more user names, that's what I'll do next time
2) Put the site back in Beta and put beta feedback link back. This site functions but if it's no longer considered in beta, that's really scary.
3) Fix date/last updated values for forums. These are getting newer dates when no newer posts have been made.
4) When sending a gift, stop asking for their email address since you don't use it to send anything, the cards are printed. Is this just a way for woot/amazon to collect emails to add to their marketing database?
5) Real stats. Return the post sale stats to meaningful #'s or stop sharing stats like top x% of woots and bottom x% of woots.
6) Create a development blog (NOT on facebook) listing things that are in the works, things you are thinking about doing, and even things that will not be done. Let us know if we are EVER going to get real tracking #s in the emails again, etc.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen

Add my name to the list of people who wishes there was a search function for our past purchases or at least a way to sort them out by woot site, maybe with a drop-down box.

I have 416 woots to slog through anytime I need to reference a past purchase.

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:Add my name to the list of people who wishes there was a search function for our past purchases or at least a way to sort them out by woot site, maybe with a drop-down box.

And they ~used~ to just display on a single, long, page you could ^F search within. What we now have really (vacuum)'s.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
rjquillin wrote:And they ~used~ to just display on a single, long, page you could ^F search within. What we now have really (vacuum)'s.

I'm not hip to the ^F search but I guess it doesn't matter. Ha!

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
rjquillin wrote:And they ~used~ to just display on a single, long, page you could ^F search within. What we now have really (vacuum)'s.

+1

And while I'm at it, stop fudging the retail price and % discount. I know you think you're being more accurate, but in reality all you're doing is making us search out the real #s, do the math ourselves, and risk us making the purchases elsewhere. At minimum, you have to calculate the the % discount either including shipping for both #s or not including shipping. You can't compare an apple and an orange and get a grape you will sell. Take shipping out of the equation. And take taxes out of the equation because they vary so widely from 0 on up. Every state, city, municipality will have their own rates.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

klezman

mschauber wrote:+1

And while I'm at it, stop fudging the retail price and % discount. I know you think you're being more accurate, but in reality all you're doing is making us search out the real #s, do the math ourselves, and risk us making the purchases elsewhere. At minimum, you have to calculate the the % discount either including shipping for both #s or not including shipping. You can't compare an apple and an orange and get a grape you will sell. Take shipping out of the equation. And take taxes out of the equation because they vary so widely from 0 on up. Every state, city, municipality will have their own rates.

This one I disagree with. The new method is transparent and complete. It tells you exactly how things are being calculated and which numbers go into it. It's actually a slightly small number for me since the tax here would be higher than stated but the shipping would be the same.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

chipgreen wrote:Add my name to the list of people who wishes there was a search function for our past purchases or at least a way to sort them out by woot site, maybe with a drop-down box.

Double that for me. And bring back the Cancel button!!! The stupid shipping bug keeps sending stuff to my Default Address, so I keep changing it. Which doesn't work so well if I forget to change it from my wine locker to my local shipping address.

I'm only buying from Wine.Woot now, since I'm not going to put up with the hassle anymore.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:I'm not hip to the ^F search but I guess it doesn't matter. Ha!

With most browsers, you can ^F (control-F) and enter your search string in the magical window and the string will, if on the page, get found. I don't care how long the page is, it is found. But, with N pages, any search vacuums big time.

CT

MarkDaSpark

Nice job on the time stamp issue.

Because I just went from First Sucker (on the DH PS offer) to somewhere else.

Ordered at 2:08 am PT (4:08 am CT) which was about 45min plus after it went up. Wake up to someone else's name as FS, but almost 30min later than my original time.

Check to see if my order was somehow canceled (didn't think so, since it still showed Free Shipping). Nope, but the time ordered shows 4:08 am. When all my other order times show PT.

So the Troubles hit again, since Woot appears confused about time stamps. Although this might explain the problems I've had with magical shipping address changes. I have to check to see if I've ordered where there's a time stamp issue.

rjquillin

That "stuff you bought" link is now a total and complete abomination.

I didn't think you could make it any worse, but you succeeded in absolutely grand style. It now ~totally~ ~absolutely~ sucks.

Before the 'troubles' used to be you could at least edit a page number in the url and quickly get to old pages. Not now, you coded in a cutesy little popout where all you can do is slough through page after page to find your stuff.

This is back to chipping granite.

Waddams Threatens Fire are the monkeys thinking.
Oh, they aren't...

Bring back the FUNCTIONAL page as it was before all this redesign, or at least some way to allow a key word search over ALL previous purchases, not this page by page absolute madness.

What are you thinking?
Drink too much WW juice?

CT

klezman

For the love of Pete, put tracking numbers/links back in our shipping emails!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

klezman wrote:For the love of Pete, put tracking numbers/links back in our shipping emails!!!

Checked in with the ones in the know. They are aware of their desire for this and it's being considered along with other site improvements.  We have a small Dev team so be patient.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kylemittskus

ThunderThighs wrote:Checked in with the ones in the know. They are aware of their desire for this and it's being considered along with other site improvements.  We have a small Dev team so be patient.

Must it be said again... "Gatherings" tab? Shirt.woot got like 14 new tabs!

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
ThunderThighs wrote:Checked in with the ones in the know. They are aware of their desire for this and it's being considered along with other site improvements.  We have a small Dev team so be patient.

There is a point at which being patient turns into being a chump.

Granted I usually jump the gun on calling such a moment, but for real, hire more coders.

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
kylemittskus wrote:Must it be said again... "Gatherings" tab? Shirt.woot got like 14 new tabs!

+This!!! I check in with Gatzby about once a year on this topic. No love for Wine Woot!!!

klezman

Give me a break. It was there before and they took it away. Just go back to the svn or cvs repository and lift the code. "Considering" something extraordinarily simple for this long makes me feel, as mother put it, like a chump. Site design mantra should be simple: don't require 2 clicks when one will do. The current system is more like 3-5.

Chargerrt500

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Chargerrt500

Old issue; Will it ever be worked out so that there can be shipping to Virginia again? It's been well over a year since my last wine.woot purchase. I would hope that wine.woot would like to get the Virginia business again and would work with the wineries, or change their business model in order to ship here.