Cesare


quality posts: 1650 Private Messages Cesare
redwinefan wrote:Yes, one poll a week seems fine.



Or give them their own tab we can ignore.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cjsiege


quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
Cesare wrote:Or give them their own tab we can ignore.


But make sure we get a GTG tab at the same time!!!

kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis

Real sales numbers... not %.... just sayin'....

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 588 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kaolis wrote:Real sales numbers... not %.... just sayin'....



There's a good explanation for the change to the stats by the lead developer here.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bkarlan


quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
ThunderThighs wrote:There's a good explanation for the change to the stats by the lead developer here.



Thanks, that helps to explain it. Makes sense.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bkarlan wrote:Thanks, that helps to explain it. Makes sense.



In theory it makes sense, however, that answer seems more like a cop-out to me. They have been showing the sales stats openly for years now and still be able to provide the best deals to us. Recently our deals have gotten worse and on top of that we do not get sales stats (which I personally believe it is because they don't want us to know that the sales are declining, at least on the wine side of things).

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
North316 wrote:In theory it makes sense, however, that answer seems more like a cop-out to me. They have been showing the sales stats openly for years now and still be able to provide the best deals to us. Recently our deals have gotten worse and on top of that we do not get sales stats (which I personally believe it is because they don't want us to know that the sales are declining, at least on the wine side of things).



Why would we care if sales were declining?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:Why would we care if sales were declining?



I didn't say that we do.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
North316 wrote:I'm didn't say that we do.



That doesn't make sense.

But why would they hide the #s then? You're saying, I think, they're hiding the #s so we don't know sales are declining. If we don't care, then why hide them for that reason?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:That doesn't make sense.

But why would they hide the #s then? You're saying, I think, they're hiding the #s so we don't know sales are declining. If we don't care, then why hide them for that reason?



Because they think we care?

It's all about perception. Not the best example, but if you had a local restaurant that wasn't bringing in the level of people it used to, they wouldn't advertise it to you for fear that you might start wondering why that was the case and second guessing your choice of that restaurant. They would instead turn up the music, make the place seem more busy (jazzy new website!), and maybe hand out some coupons or some groupons to draw some people in and increase volume (all you can ship for $5!).

I added the parenthetical comments just for you, since you love all of the complaining so much.

All I was trying to say was that I don't believe the answer they gave (trying to keep information from competitors), seeing as how that is the how the site has been run for years without that being a problem.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Makes sense.

And I don't mind complaining as long as it's logical and goes in the right thread, namely this one. And you have to admit that some of the complaining has been either illogical, obsessively repetitive, or both.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylemittskus wrote:Makes sense.

And I don't mind complaining as long as it's logical and goes in the right thread, namely this one. And you have to admit that some of the complaining has been either illogical, obsessively repetitive, or both.

IME, most complaining tends to be either illogical, obsessively repetitive, or both.
BTW, PM for you.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 588 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:All I was trying to say was that I don't believe the answer they gave (trying to keep information from competitors), seeing as how that is the how the site has been run for years without that being a problem.

Keep in mind that we're trying to broaden out and get new companies on board for deals. As we grow this area, we don't exactly want to spill our secrets of sales to our competitors and the new companies may not want us telling how many we bought/sold either.

FWIW, when I saw the sales numbers were gone, my first thought was that we were doing it for competitive reasons. It makes all the sense in the world to me.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Winedavid39


quality posts: 207 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

ThunderThighs wrote:Keep in mind that we're trying to broaden out and get new companies on board for deals. As we grow this area, we don't exactly want to spill our secrets of sales to our competitors and the new companies may not want us telling how many we bought/sold either.

FWIW, when I saw the sales numbers were gone, my first thought was that we were doing it for competitive reasons. It makes all the sense in the world to me.



i was always surprised with the original woot policy of showing results.

rjquillin


quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
Winedavid39 wrote:i was always surprised with the original woot policy of showing results.

Which actually was pretty sweet. you have to make a profit to stay viable, most of us understand lacking a profit we all lose. Heck, with the numbers I was cheering you on. Great to see the w00t hourly wage get maxed out!

CT

kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
ThunderThighs wrote:There's a good explanation for the change to the stats by the lead developer here.



Thanks for the link...but even in the link it states that you guys realized, "It's kinda neat for our customers to see exactly how many items we've sold".. and yes, it was just one of those little things that was kinda neat that is gone with the changes...

(However, I could also see being upset if I was the winery, or whatever vendor, who had really low numbers)

Cheers!

klezman


quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman

So timestamps are back for posts > 24 hours old. That's good. Now how about bringing back timestamps for the rest of the posts? Pretty please? If you had to pick one over the other, you got it wrong, but I think timestamps should be visible for all posts anyway.

As for the sale stats discussion, I'm rather unconvinced. For 8 years those have been up and it seems that all the woot sites were plenty able to get us good deals. There was something remarkable about being able to check out a Wellington case offering to see he sold 1000 cases in a little less than 12 hours. Transparency and irreverence were the things that made woot different and special.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 588 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kaolis wrote:Thanks for the link...but even in the link it states that you guys realized, "It's kinda neat for our customers to see exactly how many items we've sold".. and yes, it was just one of those little things that was kinda neat that is gone with the changes...

(However, I could also see being upset if I was the winery, or whatever vendor, who had really low numbers)

Cheers!

Same goes the other way too. We don't really want to let our competitors know that we did $xxx,xxx sales on a specific product. We'd rather keep that to ourselves.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

klezman


quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman

OK. Seriously. Two major issues, neither of which are new, and neither should be news to the powers that be/code monkeys.

1) Forum timestamps. A "timestamp" is an unchanging display of the time. Not a stopwatch from the last relevant event. Please return timestamps to all posts in the forums. It's not that hard. It's how it used to be, after all.

2) Tracking numbers. When I get a shipping email, I should not have to first click on a link to take me to wine woot, then enter my password to access my purchase history, then find the tiny-font tracking number before finding out where in the system it is. The tracking number should be in the email, right where it always was before "The Troubles".

That is all. Here's hoping these rather simple items can be fixed quickly.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
klezman wrote:OK. Seriously. Two major issues, neither of which are new, and neither should be news to the powers that be/code monkeys.

1) Forum timestamps. A "timestamp" is an unchanging display of the time. Not a stopwatch from the last relevant event. Please return timestamps to all posts in the forums. It's not that hard. It's how it used to be, after all.

2) Tracking numbers. When I get a shipping email, I should not have to first click on a link to take me to wine woot, then enter my password to access my purchase history, then find the tiny-font tracking number before finding out where in the system it is. The tracking number should be in the email, right where it always was before "The Troubles".

That is all. Here's hoping these rather simple items can be fixed quickly.



The time stamp thing doesn't bother me. The no tracking number in the email thing KILLS me. What on earth was the logic behind changing that?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman


quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:The time stamp thing doesn't bother me. The no tracking number in the email thing KILLS me. What on earth was the logic behind changing that?



Lack of thought? Drive more ad impressions? Although it's not like most of us don't have ad blockers installed.

As for the timestamp, it kills me because of the way I use the w.w. forum. I tend to keep a tab open, so when I look at it I'd rather have the last time a message was posted in the top thread. Then I click reload and scroll down to the first time after the one that was listed.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

JOATMON


quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
klezman wrote:As for the timestamp, it kills me because of the way I use the w.w. forum. I tend to keep a tab open, so when I look at it I'd rather have the last time a message was posted in the top thread. Then I click reload and scroll down to the first time after the one that was listed.



I used to do exactly the same thing.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 588 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

klezman wrote:Lack of thought? Drive more ad impressions? Although it's not like most of us don't have ad blockers installed.

As for the timestamp, it kills me because of the way I use the w.w. forum. I tend to keep a tab open, so when I look at it I'd rather have the last time a message was posted in the top thread. Then I click reload and scroll down to the first time after the one that was listed.


They have updated it where you get actual time stamps (CST) after 24 hours.

As I understand it, the relative time stamps eliminate the issues with dealing with so many time zones (worldwide with Shirt).

Remember that on the Woots tab (list of sales), you can sort by last post. World of Wine Woot is always sorted by last posts.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
klezman wrote:OK. Seriously. Two major issues, neither of which are new, and neither should be news to the powers that be/code monkeys.

1) Forum timestamps. A "timestamp" is an unchanging display of the time. Not a stopwatch from the last relevant event. Please return timestamps to all posts in the forums. It's not that hard. It's how it used to be, after all.

2) Tracking numbers. When I get a shipping email, I should not have to first click on a link to take me to wine woot, then enter my password to access my purchase history, then find the tiny-font tracking number before finding out where in the system it is. The tracking number should be in the email, right where it always was before "The Troubles".

That is all. Here's hoping these rather simple items can be fixed quickly.



I have not read back in this thread for awhile, so I apologize if some of this has been addressed.
Do you purchase much from Amazon? The system to check on orders is very convoluted; not a simple one or 2 click process. Every time I want to check on an order by clicking in the notification email, I am amazed that it still takes so many clicks to get the info I want.

I, too, used the timestamps as you describe, and find it a hassle with the newish system.

I know tenuki mentioned this after the troubles began (Yay, Haven will be back soon!); woot is useless on my iPhone. It is way too much work to use. It won't scroll properly, and forget enlarging the screen. Every other site I visit works fine - it's just the woot sites. This is something I really thought would have been addressed by now. Maybe because it is still technically a beta site, a phone friendly version will be available after it is no longer beta.

Or it could be a conspiracy..... (;

klezman


quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
ThunderThighs wrote:They have updated it where you get actual time stamps (CST) after 24 hours.

As I understand it, the relative time stamps eliminate the issues with dealing with so many time zones (worldwide with Shirt).

Remember that on the Woots tab (list of sales), you can sort by last post. World of Wine Woot is always sorted by last posts.



Yup. I know all of that. Being able to show the actual time stamps after 24 hours actually makes my argument more persuasive, imo.

I also dismiss the time zone argument since it's easy enough to program that in. Timestamps are stored in UTC, then the browser does the translation. That's in fact exactly how it used to be (substituting CST for UTC) before the Troubles.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mschauber


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Three glaring problems. Two left from the so called upgrade:
1) NO tracking info in the shipping notifications. There used to be. The order info page STILL says it will be emailed when available.
2) BUSY, BUSY, BUSY, CLICK, CLICK, CLICK.. It takes multiple clicks to get anything done (and page loads are still slow,) and it takes time to eliminate all the extra busy crap (excuse me, images and text) from the mind to even know where to click.

There's a reason FRAMES were invented, use them. It reduces page load, load on the servers, memory and rendering time/use on displaying devices (ie: COMPUTERS.) The top and bottom navigation should NEVER reload going page to page. And put all the extraneous stuff into tabs (the plus deals, stories, etc...)

Put the offer on the main page. If I go to wine.woot, sports.woot, home.woot, etc I should see that days offer and not have to click AGAIN to get to it.

And the third awful thing is a change you've made in the past few days, which now refuses to let mobile browsers open up the full site. Before a few days ago, using Chrome, Android browser, Opera, Dolphin HD, or Firefox would load your full site, as it should, on an android tablet. Now you're so called mobile site is loaded and clicking on the full site link takes you into a loop, back to the mobile site.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 588 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mschauber wrote:Three glaring problems. Two left from the so called upgrade:
1) NO tracking info in the shipping notifications. There used to be. The order info page STILL says it will be emailed when available.
2) BUSY, BUSY, BUSY, CLICK, CLICK, CLICK.. It takes multiple clicks to get anything done (and page loads are still slow,) and it takes time to eliminate all the extra busy crap (excuse me, images and text) from the mind to even know where to click.

There's a reason FRAMES were invented, use them. It reduces page load, load on the servers, memory and rendering time/use on displaying devices (ie: COMPUTERS.) The top and bottom navigation should NEVER reload going page to page. And put all the extraneous stuff into tabs (the plus deals, stories, etc...)

Put the offer on the main page. If I go to wine.woot, sports.woot, home.woot, etc I should see that days offer and not have to click AGAIN to get to it.

And the third awful thing is a change you've made in the past few days, which now refuses to let mobile browsers open up the full site. Before a few days ago, using Chrome, Android browser, Opera, Dolphin HD, or Firefox would load your full site, as it should, on an android tablet. Now you're so called mobile site is loaded and clicking on the full site link takes you into a loop, back to the mobile site.



Thanks for the post. Here's what I know and I've passed the info on as well.

1) We definitely have a problem with tracking right now and they've been looking into it. I think some of the problems are due to the fact that these are shipped by a 3rd party (WCC). Once the items are shipped, the shipping information has to be sent to us and then uploaded into our system for you to get the update in Your Account. If one of those steps is delayed, we have tracking issues.

2) We did have a problem with page load, especially page refreshes, up until about mid week when they fixed a bug. I'm getting almost instant page loads & refreshes now on my desktop. It's a bit slower on my iPhone but I think that's connection & device speed. Before that fix, page loads were fairly quick but a refresh could take up to 20 secs.

Here's a post by 'dave bug' that explains some of the reasons for the design.

If you prefer the second 'details' page, you can bookmark any site with /today such as:

http://wine.woot.com/today

to go straight to that page. From there, if you click on the PHOTO on the navigation bar, you'll go straight to the detail page for that site.

Hope that helps some. Keep using the Beta Feedback button too.

EDIT: PM coming



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Will also add this on the beta feedback link.

#1) Still a pain to review old orders. Especially when you click on back and you go TO THE FIRST PAGE OF ORDERS!! Sorry for the shouting, but it's extremely annoying. You click and go to another page of your orders, then click to review your order. You click the "Back" button, and it's back to Page 1 of your orders, not the page you were on.

Not a problem if you only have a few pages of orders, but when you have 20+, it's a HUGE problem!

#2) Still no way to sort thru the orders by site or search for specifics. Would like to sort by Wine, etc. but it's another huge pain to go back page by page to find an order. And would also like to be able to search and find a specific order.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Will also add this on the beta feedback link.

#1) Still a pain to review old orders. Especially when you click on back and you go TO THE FIRST PAGE OF ORDERS!! Sorry for the shouting, but it's extremely annoying. You click and go to another page of your orders, then click to review your order. You click the "Back" button, and it's back to Page 1 of your orders, not the page you were on.

Not a problem if you only have a few pages of orders, but when you have 20+, it's a HUGE problem!

#2) Still no way to sort thru the orders by site or search for specifics. Would like to sort by Wine, etc. but it's another huge pain to go back page by page to find an order. And would also like to be able to search and find a specific order.


Amen. Or is it +1?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin


quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Will also add this on the beta feedback link.

#1) Still a pain to review old orders. Especially when you click on back and you go TO THE FIRST PAGE OF ORDERS!! Sorry for the shouting, but it's extremely annoying. You click and go to another page of your orders, then click to review your order. You click the "Back" button, and it's back to Page 1 of your orders, not the page you were on.

Not a problem if you only have a few pages of orders, but when you have 20+, it's a HUGE problem!

#2) Still no way to sort thru the orders by site or search for specifics. Would like to sort by Wine, etc. but it's another huge pain to go back page by page to find an order. And would also like to be able to search and find a specific order.

This is a +11 quality post !

CT

noslensj


quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
MarkDaSpark wrote:Will also add this on the beta feedback link.

#1) Still a pain to review old orders. Especially when you click on back and you go TO THE FIRST PAGE OF ORDERS!! Sorry for the shouting, but it's extremely annoying. You click and go to another page of your orders, then click to review your order. You click the "Back" button, and it's back to Page 1 of your orders, not the page you were on.

Not a problem if you only have a few pages of orders, but when you have 20+, it's a HUGE problem!

#2) Still no way to sort thru the orders by site or search for specifics. Would like to sort by Wine, etc. but it's another huge pain to go back page by page to find an order. And would also like to be able to search and find a specific order.


Yep - I generally just end up right clicking on the page numbers and opening them in a series of tabs, closing tabs in succession when they don't have what I'm interested in.

And being unable to search for a specific order is a huge pain.

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
MarkDaSpark wrote:Will also add this on the beta feedback link.

#1) Still a pain to review old orders. Especially when you click on back and you go TO THE FIRST PAGE OF ORDERS!! Sorry for the shouting, but it's extremely annoying. You click and go to another page of your orders, then click to review your order. You click the "Back" button, and it's back to Page 1 of your orders, not the page you were on.

Not a problem if you only have a few pages of orders, but when you have 20+, it's a HUGE problem!



YES this really sucks....as did this last-woot off

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
bsevern wrote:YES this really sucks....as did this last-woot off



This wootoff probably didn't appeal to some of us because there were only 2 high end reds and one high end white. This is ok with me, I don't need to spend the money :-P.

I'm not a fan of Ty (personal preference), Missed the White cottage (bad luck), and the Alsatian white didn't pass deal-muster. They sold a fair number of cheaper wines and 3 sets of sparklers and probably made a bunch of buyers in that range happy. Just not our cup-o-wine. Maybe next time.


To our ends though... I'd love to see the regular weekly black tie deals again... one day that I KNOW there will be something tempting up.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Bump


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

#1: Wine Woot Gatherings Thread / Wine Travel Tips (including Wedding Winery stuff) is still needed!!!


#2: AAAARRGGGGGHHHHHHHH! Reason for scream below.


THIS PROBLEM IS EXTREMELY IRRITATING!!! Just like typing in all caps.

Going back thru my Stuff I bought list, and trying to add the older WW orders (wines) I bought to Cellar Tracker, and I click on the link describing the Wine Item I bought.

It should take me to the Woot Wines thread, and right to the offer, correct? ONLY IT DOESN'T DO THAT!!! It takes me to a more current offer, which isn't the one purchased.

I've had this happen just about on all my old orders, when the original thread is still there!

For example, I ordered a Corison Cabernet Sauvignon Vertical on August 18, 2010. Clicking on the link takes me to the Corison 2003 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - 2 Pack offer on 7/14/2011! Not the same offer, nor the correct date.

That is, this thread: http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4085468&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=70 (Corison Cabernet Vertical - Two Pack)

Not this one: http://wine.woot.com/offers/corison-cabernet-vertical-two-pack (Corison 2003 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - 2 Pack during a Woot-Off almost a year later - July 14, 2011)


And it's not just there!!! It's seems to be on all older offers where there was another newer offer from the winery.

Someone got lazy when they were setting those links up.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:#1: Wine Woot Gatherings Thread / Wine Travel Tips (including Wedding Winery stuff) is still needed!!!


#2: AAAARRGGGGGHHHHHHHH! Reason for scream below.


THIS PROBLEM IS EXTREMELY IRRITATING!!! Just like typing in all caps.

Going back thru my Stuff I bought list, and trying to add the older WW orders (wines) I bought to Cellar Tracker, and I click on the link describing the Wine Item I bought.

It should take me to the Woot Wines thread, and right to the offer, correct? ONLY IT DOESN'T DO THAT!!! It takes me to a more current offer, which isn't the one purchased.

I've had this happen just about on all my old orders, when the original thread is still there!

For example, I ordered a Corison Cabernet Sauvignon Vertical on August 18, 2010. Clicking on the link takes me to the Corison 2003 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - 2 Pack offer on 7/14/2011! Not the same offer, nor the correct date.

That is, this thread: http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4085468&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=70 (Corison Cabernet Vertical - Two Pack)

Not this one: http://wine.woot.com/offers/corison-cabernet-vertical-two-pack (Corison 2003 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - 2 Pack during a Woot-Off almost a year later - July 14, 2011)


And it's not just there!!! It's seems to be on all older offers where there was another newer offer from the winery.

Someone got lazy when they were setting those links up.



A) Typing in all caps is awesome. It secures your correctness in all topics and makes you 4 inches taller on average. (ETA: proof.)

B) I'm glad you noticed/mentioned this, and I'm going to pass it along RIGHT NOW.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
PemberDucky wrote:A) Typing in all caps is awesome. It secures your correctness in all topics and makes you 4 inches taller on average. (ETA: proof.)

B) I'm glad you noticed/mentioned this, and I'm going to pass it along RIGHT NOW.



THANK YOU!!!!

Seriously, it's irritating, especially when it's to the wrong thread. More so when you have 2.7 years worth of wines to enter.


Edit: Besides, you must bow down before the Black Box!! Bow Down, I say!!!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
MarkDaSpark wrote:#1: Wine Woot Gatherings Thread / Wine Travel Tips (including Wedding Winery stuff) is still needed!!!



Still waiting.....

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman


quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:Still waiting.....



Also still waiting for tracking information to be put back into the shipping notification email.
Sheesh.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
klezman wrote:Also still waiting for tracking information to be put back into the shipping notification email.
Sheesh.



Plenty of time to develop a mobile site, though...

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen