neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

For those who live in or will be traveling through the greater SF Bay area on Thursday, June 28th (a bit last minute, but this is the first of what we intend on making a regular gathering), come on by the Wine Country Connect offices in the town of Sonoma from 7:30PM to 10:30PM. WineDavid39 will be graciously hosting at our humble Sonoma "Rat's Nest" headquarters. Please RSVP via posting or PM to ensure an accurate headcount and so that we have enough pistachios, bacon spread and Krave jerkey on hand.

Don't forget your tasting journal and a number 2 pencil as you'll want to take some notes: we'll be pouring some wines that will need some 'ratting' in the near future. There may be a special guest or two coming by... Looking forward to meeting you and breaking bread.... errr... breaking pistachios... with you. (PM for address/directions).

Quality Posts

• (3:04 PM, 6/19/2012) [Insider] neilfindswine issues an invite.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Sent you a pm.

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

is this the reveal for the "new" LabRat process?

Envious I am not local!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 202 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

joelsisk wrote:is this the reveal for the "new" LabRat process?

Envious I am not local!

it's a start.

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Dang, not going to be within striking distance for this one. With a little more notice I can totally make the next one

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
joelsisk wrote:is this the reveal for the "new" LabRat process?

Envious I am not local!

Actually part of the "start" is happening before that, somewhere on the east coast.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20

I am not local enough for the 6 hour drive. I am green with envy though.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Actually part of the "start" is happening before that, somewhere on the east coast.

Wha? I'll happily spearhead some SoCal ratting parties

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

What's the deadline to RSVP by? I'm possibly coming up with another.

CT

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

tenuki wrote:What's the deadline to RSVP by? I'm possibly coming up with another.

no deadlines... let us know when you can...

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
klezman wrote:Wha? I'll happily spearhead some SoCal ratting parties

I could host south bay ratting as well!

Would love to come on the 28th and normally would be available on Thursday nights, but next week just doesn't work.

Hope it is a huge success and I will do my best to join you next time.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Bump so everyone has a chance to see it

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:Bump so everyone has a chance to see it

Any chance you might be there?

Cause I might make it ....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Any chance you might be there?

Oh, how I would love to. Alas, I fear not. Maybe I can swing something at future event.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Oh, how I would love to. Alas, I fear not. Maybe I can swing something at future event.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Any chance you might be there?

Ooh, sparky bday present to yourself? . Let me know your plans, I'll definitely try to make it if you are, will have to check with J. Or you running around wine country for the weekend?

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Ooh, sparky bday present to yourself? . Let me know your plans, I'll definitely try to make it if you are, will have to check with J. Or you running around wine country for the weekend?

Nope, birthday present from someone else!

So just in on Thursday and out on Friday, especially since I have to take mom to see dad on Sat/Sun. So no running around wine country this weekend.

But then again, there's next month and the RPM Tour!!

So check with J. Too bad WorstVeg is back on the Worst Coast (especially with that heat wave!!).

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Nope, birthday present from someone else!

So just in on Thursday and out on Friday, especially since I have to take mom to see dad on Sat/Sun. So no running around wine country this weekend.

But then again, there's next month and the RPM Tour!!

So check with J. Too bad WorstVeg is back on the Worst Coast (especially with that heat wave!!).

K, then I'm in for Thursday though might arrive late/leave early. Will find out from J. Worstveg is actually out here for a wedding that was today, but leaving tomorrow

This is an eat dinner beforehand thing?

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:K, then I'm in for Thursday though might arrive late/leave early. Will find out from J. Worstveg is actually out here for a wedding that was today, but leaving tomorrow

This is an eat dinner beforehand thing?

Yes ... sounds like snacks only (see 1st post ... pistachios, jerky, etc.) especially since it starts at 7:30pm.

Tell WV I said "Hi".

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes ... sounds like snacks only (see 1st post ... pistachios, jerky, etc.) especially since it starts at 7:30pm.

Tell WV I said "Hi".

So anybody want to meet up earlier for dinner then?

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
CAGrl wrote:So anybody want to meet up earlier for dinner then?

I'm thinking of going, coming from the San Jose area if people want to carpool. What kind of place were you thinking of to eat at?

Also- I think I have a couple wellington syrahs that are owed to you CAGrl (In the stash that used to be mine and Klez's but is now only mine.)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:So anybody want to meet up earlier for dinner then?

I'll text when I know I'm leaving and if I could make anything. Fremont Diner's right around there

Edit: oops, diner closes at 6.

CT

CAGrl

cmaldoon wrote:I'm thinking of going, coming from the San Jose area if people want to carpool. What kind of place were you thinking of to eat at?

Also- I think I have a couple wellington syrahs that are owed to you CAGrl (In the stash that used to be mine and Klez's but is now only mine.)

That's right. However, if it's not too much trouble, can you hold onto it for a bit longer. I don't have any space right now. If you don't have space, then I can take it though. Wish I could carpool. I'm coming from Sac then going down to SJ. Oh well.

Let me know where to meeet up for dinner.

MarkDaSpark

Days to go!!!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

So, since I now have free shipping for the day, how do I get woot to ship me out to CA for this event?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cmaldoon

CAGrl wrote:That's right. However, if it's not too much trouble, can you hold onto it for a bit longer. I don't have any space right now. If you don't have space, then I can take it though. Wish I could carpool. I'm coming from Sac then going down to SJ. Oh well.

Let me know where to meeet up for dinner.

Oh I have PLENTY of space right now. Klez moved down south and I went from having 1 shelf in our shared locker to having all 3. Unable to downsize because the facility I am in is FULL. This leaves me with 450 bottles worth of storage. I try to pretend I have a Virtual 200 bottle cellar but given I'm at 220-ish... that's not working out so well.

We have each-other's numbers care of HAK's RPM tour spreadsheet so lets text when we are leaving our respective areas to see if there is a place and time to meet in sonoma.

My Cellar

CAGrl

cmaldoon wrote:Oh I have PLENTY of space right now. Klez moved down south and I went from having 1 shelf in our shared locker to having all 3. Unable to downsize because the facility I am in is FULL. This leaves me with 450 bottles worth of storage. I try to pretend I have a Virtual 200 bottle cellar but given I'm at 220-ish... that's not working out so well.

We have each-other's numbers care of HAK's RPM tour spreadsheet so lets text when we are leaving our respective areas to see if there is a place and time to meet in sonoma.

Nice. Thanks. And if you're looking for somebody to split the space with...

MarkDaSpark

1 Day to go!!!

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:

1 Day to go!!!

....that's exactly what it looks like at the WCC offices.

cmaldoon

CAGrl wrote:Nice. Thanks. And if you're looking for somebody to split the space with...

Absolutely! I'd love to rent out a shelf of my 3. $43/Quarter for a shelf that holds "8-9 Cases" I have stored 120+ bottles on one shelf though with the right boxes.

We'll have to chat tomorrow night.

My Cellar

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Tempting, but a bit of a hike from Sunnyvale on a work day....but not impossible...hmmmmm.

tenuki

Oh right, J is out so just me tomorrow. Guessing I'd miss any dinner y'all do, since I don't really want to join traffic, but will text you and check up.

CT

cmaldoon

bsevern wrote:Tempting, but a bit of a hike from Sunnyvale on a work day....but not impossible...hmmmmm.

I'm coming from Sunnyvale on a work day. From right near you in fact. Want to carpool?

My Cellar

Winedavid39

quality posts: 202 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

cmaldoon wrote:I'm coming from Sunnyvale on a work day. From right near you in fact. Want to carpool?

can't wait to see everyone.

MarkDaSpark

"O" days to go!!!

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Have fun you guys! ddeuddeg & I will not be able to join you from Buffalo, NY!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

Sonoma!!

And the airport has a Lucy booth! (Pic later)

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Sonoma!!

And the airport has a Lucy booth! (Pic later)

Are you going to live blog? Minus the wine info of course, because that would be cheating.

FORUM MODERATOR

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Are you going to live blog? Minus the wine info of course, because that would be cheating.

Possibly. Although it might be too much for some!

At BW-SVI (nice preview for RPM Tour next month), and will for swimming in 15 minutes.

I may head to Mary's around 6 for dinner (off the histoical park), because they've been @ D&D and had good food there. Or to The Girl & the Fig.

cmaldoon

70 mi and 2hrs 20 min to go. Yay bay area traffic

My Cellar