tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Yes I'm finally hosting so of course it's number 13! Totally stealing the theme from bowtie who stole it from an event TO's attending. Sometime after July 4th, let me know which weekends work. The theme is bring a bottle which is going into a wheelbarrow. This will be given out as a door prize, so the winner gets a wheelbarrow of wine! (disclaimer: I don't have a wheelbarrow so it's not part of the prize unless I can find a toy one to buy).

I have enough wine to share and I'm not worried about the stinginess of this group so if you want to bring something to share in addition whether a bottle or food, awesome, if you can't, no problem.

Possibly bring swim suits since I'm right across from the complex's pool/hot tub, so it's a possibility people can run over at some point.

I live in walnut creek btw, I'm assuming I have most of your phone numbers anyway so will text address. Anyway, lemme know a good weekend! Probably crash space as well if couch is fine (2 couches + pull out which might be better left as couch + sofa chair, etc).

CT

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

Did I miss something? Whatever happened to NorCal #12: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds, which last time I checked in was in limbo?

I'm just trying to deconflict the lists. Hmmmmmmm.....

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

How dare you steal el Jefe's idea? That's a pretty awesome deal though. The only Caveat being if Sparky attends and wins, he has to give it away. He does not need more wine lockers.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

This is an awesome idea! And here are some ideas for wheelbarrows! I like the Radio Flyer one, or the Ames; the pink is a nice size for a couple bottles, too.

I was going to post here when you started the thread, but don't have a firm route yet. I'm taking the bike on a 2 week trip through the northwest. I will be kinda near your way (+/- 50 miles) Sometime around the 1st week of August. I'll post more info in the main thread.

tenuki

cjsiege wrote:Did I miss something? Whatever happened to NorCal #12: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds, which last time I checked in was in limbo?

I'm just trying to deconflict the lists. Hmmmmmmm.....

Supposed to be at joannevicious's sometime but hasn't happened. It's about time I hosted one though but maybe actual nor cal is too busy :p

CT

tenuki

sanity wrote:This is an awesome idea! And here are some ideas for wheelbarrows! I like the Radio Flyer one, or the Ames; the pink is a nice size for a couple bottles, too.

I was going to post here when you started the thread, but don't have a firm route yet. I'm taking the bike on a 2 week trip through the northwest. I will be kinda near your way (+/- 50 miles) Sometime around the 1st week of August. I'll post more info in the main thread.

Given I have no date in mind, would be awesome if you can make it. Lemme know when your plans firm up.

CT

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
tenuki wrote:Given I have no date in mind, would be awesome if you can make it. Lemme know when your plans firm up.

Would be fun to try and work this around sanity's schedule

And yes, it is about time you hosted!

sanity

mewalk707 wrote:Would be fun to try and work this around sanity's schedule

And yes, it is about time you hosted!

Oh, the pressure!

Here's the schedule so far:
Leaving 7/26 for Carson City.

Depart Carson City 7/28 for Murphys, CA. Looking forward to riding route 4. Visit Twisted Oak and environs. We could all meet there for a tasting! tenuki could still host. (:

Group is heading home on Sunday from Murphy, I'm heading to Oregon. I could head up to Walnut Creek Sunday, though I wanted to be into southern Oregon by Sunday evening.

This is where my plans are still in flux. After I hit Central Coast Oregon by 7/31, I was heading back to Vegas, either via the coast route (we could meet up on my way back), which I've done many times in the car but not on the bike, or head southeast through Oregon, maybe into Idaho, Wyoming, etc. (which means I'd have to meet you on the way up, Sunday 7/29) I'll have plans set before I depart on my trip.

tenuki

sanity wrote:Oh, the pressure!

Here's the schedule so far:
Leaving 7/26 for Carson City.

Depart Carson City 7/28 for Murphys, CA. Looking forward to riding route 4. Visit Twisted Oak and environs. We could all meet there for a tasting! tenuki could still host. (:

Group is heading home on Sunday from Murphy, I'm heading to Oregon. I could head up to Walnut Creek Sunday, though I wanted to be into southern Oregon by Sunday evening.

This is where my plans are still in flux. After I hit Central Coast Oregon by 7/31, I was heading back to Vegas, either via the coast route (we could meet up on my way back), which I've done many times in the car but not on the bike, or head southeast through Oregon, maybe into Idaho, Wyoming, etc. (which means I'd have to meet you on the way up, Sunday 7/29) I'll have plans set before I depart on my trip.

You can't make it easy and pass through on a Saturday . Easy for me, I sleep here, what do y'all think?

CT

sanity

tenuki wrote:You can't make it easy and pass through on a Saturday . Easy for me, I sleep here, what do y'all think?

You could always come down to Murphys! (:

I have to be in Oregon by Monday afternoon for an occasion, and I've decided to then head to Portland, then across the 84 along the Columbia River, to Pendleton, Idaho, Wyoming, then home, so no visit this time around. You could always come down to Murphys! (:

I would have liked to have made this work, and I apologize for hijacking your thread. You could always come down to Murphys! (:

Back to scheduling your wheelbarrow o' wine!

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

*bump*

Tenuki - what's the status?

tenuki

cjsiege wrote:*bump*

Tenuki - what's the status?

Haha, sorry, apparently I'll run off to Vegas on short notice before I'll host one. Cagirl doing something in September also kind of negates the need, let me look at dates when I get back home tomorrow and see if I still throw one in a timely manner.

CT