CT link above

Winery website

Previous offers:
10/15/11
1/14/11 (2008)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I got their merlot last time it was sold. It was a good daily drinker and fantastic for the price. Can't speak for this one but the merlot was damn good.

vmforrest

quality posts: 9 Private Messages vmforrest

Really wish some dry whites would come up some time...sigh

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Good, solid, cheap daily drinker. Did WD back the truck up to the Hahn's estate last week?

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Never pass on Cab, but got a case of this from last offering

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal

I hate that I'm sitting this woot-off out. Traveling in June is saving me from pushing the big stupid yellow button...

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

DarkStar11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarkStar11

In for one . . . hopefully it doesn't cook on its way to TX!

samwfoster

quality posts: 2 Private Messages samwfoster

this was a nice cab that i got last time. good buy.

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe

Previous woot:
http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4676821

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr
vmforrest wrote:Really wish some dry whites would come up some time...sigh

Uh huh. Yup.

Raid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Raid

I bought a case last time. An EXCELLENT daily drinker. Buy it! You won't regret it.

need4mospd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages need4mospd

Just drained another bottle of this from the last woot off. GREAT value, wife loves it. In for 2, convincing parents to go in for 2 now...

sdbcmr

Wow.

This is gonna take a while ...

IndigoHills

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IndigoHills

The wine is fine, and it's right priced for our 'house wine'. I'd be back in if it were 20 degrees cooler here, but summer has arrived in SE TX, and transport is sad.

sdbcmr

IndigoHills wrote:The wine is fine, and it's right priced for our 'house wine'. I'd be back in if it were 20 degrees cooler here, but summer has arrived in SE TX, and transport is sad.

But Woot's assured us all that they are already taking appropriate precautions to prevent cooking our wine en route!

irenegade

quality posts: 2 Private Messages irenegade

Hard to find a positive review on this. The 2008 reviews do not bode well.
My Dad's go-to wine was the old label Hahn Merlot(CA), I loved it too. The new label doesn't impress at all.
I can't ake a risk unless I see some decent lab rats or other reviews for this offering.

http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=787787

dansth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dansth

Not a bad wine. I got in on the 4/25 offering and have had two bottles since, with my wife. That alone is a good sign. Maybe it’s a good sign, or it might mean that I like an affordable wine. Or, it could mean I drink too much wine with the wife. Or, it could mean she drinks too much of MY wine. It really could mean a bunch of crap. No matter, I dream of the large collection, but our vice means we drink more than we buy most times. However, at this price point, you aren’t stocking this vino. You buy it to drink it regularly. It fills the “collection”, but it’s something you are ok with taking out with your B friends. Kathy Griffin eat your heart out. This is a B or a C wine, you’re still D list
Strong hints of pepper for me. I liked it, but it didn’t fit our meal that evening. As a stand-alone the pepper flavor might lead to a spice filled evening with the wife, but if she’s not in the frisky mood you may want to consider a strong Cabot cheddar cheese. Just don’t let her cut the cheese. Really.

sokky81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sokky81

I wish some Muscat would come in... or that I could buy dessert wine in the day and it is not offered while I'm asleep.

sdbcmr

dansth wrote:Not a bad wine. I got in on the 4/25 offering and have had two bottles since, with my wife. That alone is a good sign. Maybe it’s a good sign, or it might mean that I like an affordable wine. Or, it could mean I drink too much wine with the wife. Or, it could mean she drinks too much of MY wine. It really could mean a bunch of crap. No matter, I dream of the large collection, but our vice means we drink more than we buy most times. However, at this price point, you aren’t stocking this vino. You buy it to drink it regularly. It fills the “collection”, but it’s something you are ok with taking out with your B friends. Kathy Griffin eat your heart out. This is a B or a C wine, you’re still D list
Strong hints of pepper for me. I liked it, but it didn’t fit our meal that evening. As a stand-alone the pepper flavor might lead to a spice filled evening with the wife, but if she’s not in the frisky mood you may want to consider a strong Cabot cheddar cheese. Just don’t let her cut the cheese. Really.

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

sdfreedive

quality posts: 27 Private Messages sdfreedive

I've been waiting patiently for some tasty J Dusi to come up and I see that the screaming monkey has showed up on the main site. Will there me a Christmas miracle and it'll be the next wine after the Copa sells?

Please?! :D

bigfrank

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bigfrank

I got this the last time as well, I had my first bottle this past Saturday. Good for an every day wine or cooking. I would let it breath a bit. It tasted better after it aired out a bit.

join me in the hot tub at www.bigfrankshottub.com

dansth

sdbcmr wrote:This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

I do believe it's 3X “This is the way the world ends” before the whimper. None the less. I forgot about the cool fold out back label.

dansth

dansth wrote:I do believe it's 3X “This is the way the world ends” before the whimper. None the less. I forgot about the cool fold out back label.

There you have it 3X! Everyone should order 3! haha

sdbcmr

Whew ... came back just in time ... I was afraid I'd miss out on this ...

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
bigfrank wrote:I got this the last time as well, I had my first bottle this past Saturday. Good for an every day wine or cooking. I would let it breath a bit. It tasted after it aired out a bit.

Does it have the nose of a cow patty? Thats been my experience at this price point.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
sdbcmr wrote:But Woot's assured us all that they are already taking appropriate precautions to prevent cooking our wine en route!

Sure hope so. FedEX decided my address didnt exist today after my wine was sitting on a truck all day in the 90+ heat of the high desert.

Summer is here early in NM

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

xxooss

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss

n41 ! got it last thanks woot!

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

May 28, and I see this as a new deal on my Facebook news-feed! It's the beginning of the Apocalypse!

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

bigfrank

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bigfrank

Use an aerator and or decant it, Changed the taste better big time

join me in the hot tub at www.bigfrankshottub.com