$39.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 3 2009 InZINerator
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Polished off my last bottle last night. Thanks SH for knowing this information. Now, about the Jana...

dannkatt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dannkatt

I love this stuff. Sadly, my state isn't on the shipping list. When it came up on the regular woot, Monica and Jana were kind enough to authorize an alternate shipping solution and got me my 3 bottles at the woot price. Now there's some customer service for you.

beckermo4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beckermo4

Is this suitable as a drink now wine? I have a few bottles of the 2008 tucked away...might make for an interesting comparison but I am not sure how long I can hold off before opening the '08!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Wooters whove had this vintage: notes? Is it cloying? Ssweet? Port obvious? I pefer spicy, jammy boysenberry zins so on the fence. Thanks

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz

dannkatt wrote:I love this stuff. Sadly, my state isn't on the shipping list. When it came up on the regular woot, Monica and Jana were kind enough to authorize an alternate shipping solution and got me my 3 bottles at the woot price. Now there's some customer service for you.

What are your thoughts on this? Why do you like it? Thanks

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere

I thought this last woot. It's very smooth and highly drinkable. In for three.

losthighwayz

damorere wrote:I thought this last woot. It's very smooth and highly drinkable. In for three.

Sweetness, perceived or not? Thanks

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

This is good stuff!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

dannkatt

losthighwayz wrote:What are your thoughts on this? Why do you like it? Thanks

The port is noticeable at first, and it's a bit on the hot side at first blush, but both these diminish with some time. I strongly recommend decanting this one.
At the end of the night, the port was just adding a barely perceptible sweet note, although was still present on the nose. Beautiful ruby color. Lovely red fruit on the nose, subtle spices, cherries, chocolate, a touch of pepper, authoritative finish

We paired with Cabernet burgers on Focaccia bread with swiss and bacon, garlic fries, and was an absolute smash hit.

beckermo4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beckermo4

Pulled the trigger - sounds like it is worth the gamble. I am sure if I hate it someone on here will take it off my hands. Oh wait, I don't ever hate wine....

dandaly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dandaly

No Maryland?

where's the humanity?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
dannkatt wrote:We paired with Cabernet burgers on Focaccia bread with swiss and bacon, garlic fries, and was an absolute smash hit.

Good God, I'm starving!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

damorere

losthighwayz wrote:Sweetness, perceived or not? Thanks

No. To me it is more bold and round than sweet - I don't tend to like sweet wines and I really LIKE this one.

losthighwayz

dannkatt wrote:The port is noticeable at first, and it's a bit on the hot side at first blush, but both these diminish with some time. I strongly recommend decanting this one.
At the end of the night, the port was just adding a barely perceptible sweet note, although was still present on the nose. Beautiful ruby color. Lovely red fruit on the nose, subtle spices, cherries, chocolate, a touch of pepper, authoritative finish

We paired with Cabernet burgers on Focaccia bread with swiss and bacon, garlic fries, and was an absolute smash hit.

Thanks looks to be a great gourmet burger wine. Im in.

damorere

dandaly wrote:No Maryland?

where's the humanity?

This initially looked like it wasn't shipping to Maryland last time, then they fixed it. I went ahead and ordered this time and it went through...

tdavis304

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdavis304
losthighwayz wrote:Wooters whove had this vintage: notes? Is it cloying? Ssweet? Port obvious? I pefer spicy, jammy boysenberry zins so on the fence. Thanks

Last night I opened the first bottle (of 6) that I bought when this was last up a month or so ago. I had just poured myself a glass when it popped up here tonight.

This one depends on your taste. It is definitely sweeter than any zin I've tasted - the port does poke through a bit. But only slightly sweeter than your typical BIG fruit bomb kind of wine. It's big, it's alcoholic, kind of hot, and kind of sweet. The sweetness is balanced a bit by the alcohol bite and some fruit structure - so it's not cloying. No spice to speak of, though.

From my POV, I like it enough that I won't worry about getting through the other 5 bottles I have - although I will hit them on infrequent intervals as I'm curious how this will taste a few years down the road when it's potentially mellowed a bit.

But it's easy for me to pass on picking up more tonight. I like it enough to not feel like I wasted my money last time but I don't like it enough to buy more.

But a fruit bomb fan might love it.

losthighwayz

damorere wrote:No. To me it is more bold and round than sweet - I don't tend to like sweet wines and I really LIKE this one.

Same here i cant stand any hint of sweetness in red wines....ill take ur word for it worae coes to worse and wife will drink it. Ha!

tdavis304

damorere wrote:This initially looked like it wasn't shipping to Maryland last time, then they fixed it. I went ahead and ordered this time and it went through...

I'm in Maryland and bought last time too.

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

Just looked the other day and only had two in the rack, so it's time to restock! Been pretty patient this .off. First purchase of the day. My checkbook is hoping things don't continue to be irresistable.

MoveoverCinderella

quality posts: 3 Private Messages MoveoverCinderella

I have bought every SH InZin offered since I joined Woot. Just enjoyed my last bottle 2 days ago and wish I had the funds to get 3 on this deal. These are rich, dark and not sweet at all. Will hold up well against beef, lobster, garlic overloaded anything. Big fan and so sad can not get in for more than one or two.

Love it or leave it!

rmt0512

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rmt0512

I bought this during the last woot-off, but had to get it shipped to SC because NC wasn't on the list. One month later and its on there now. I thought that NC had some sort of law against this wine's label, stating that it marketed to kids? Just curious.

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

I have a wine crush on Monica. Excellent customer service and always a quick response. Good wine + outstanding customer service= hurting credit card.

tdavis304

MoveoverCinderella wrote:I have bought every SH InZin offered since I joined Woot. Just enjoyed my last bottle 2 days ago and wish I had the funds to get 3 on this deal. These are rich, dark and not sweet at all. Will hold up well against beef, lobster, garlic overloaded anything. Big fan and so sad can not get in for more than one or two.

As I take another sip, I can't see how anyone could say it's not sweet at all. It's quite sweet. Is it problematically sweet? Not quite. But only by a very slight margin. It's right on the line.

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
rmt0512 wrote:I bought this during the last woot-off, but had to get it shipped to SC because NC wasn't on the list. One month later and its on there now. I thought that NC had some sort of law against this wine's label, stating that it marketed to kids? Just curious.

Wow... maybe they finally got over the fact that the "super hero" was no longer on the label?

dannkatt

emmabean2000 wrote:I have a wine crush on Monica. Excellent customer service and always a quick response. Good wine + outstanding customer service= hurting credit card.

I agree. I emailed Monica regarding a shipping concern, and spent the rest of the week swapping recipes with her.

dandaly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dandaly
tdavis304 wrote:I'm in Maryland and bought last time too.

Ok , i just bought some... lets see if it goes thru

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew
dannkatt wrote:The port is noticeable at first, and it's a bit on the hot side at first blush, but both these diminish with some time. I strongly recommend decanting this one.

I'd agree with this assessment - I opened a bottle I got from the last woot offerring. It seemed a bit "heavy" to me at first, but then played out like the above rattage noted over the rest of the bottle. I also opened the 1869 the other day - much much lighter. And then tried the Reserve Old Vine more recently - and think I prefer that the most (although the 1869 was just delectable).

Definately won't prevent me from finishing off the other 5 bottles of the InZin I have.

Loving SH wines right now - don't get me started on the Jana - perfection.

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan
emmabean2000 wrote:I have a wine crush on Monica. Excellent customer service and always a quick response. Good wine + outstanding customer service= hurting credit card.

Just drink some wine, the hurt will go away.

bradsbabe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradsbabe

Scott Harvey is always an auto-buy for me!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

I'm a Cab guy but sooooo many love this stuff I pick one up, #2 wootoff buy today, this could get ugly, Missed the Tool box Merlot at midnight LA time, da wife love that buy, Oh well save my money for more Cabs. Rockus Bockus anyone????

sporadic

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sporadic

According to http://www.freethegrapes.org/ you can ship to West Virginia. You should update the list.

MoveoverCinderella

quality posts: 3 Private Messages MoveoverCinderella
tdavis304 wrote:As I take another sip, I can't see how anyone could say it's not sweet at all. It's quite sweet. Is it problematically sweet? Not quite. But only by a very slight margin. It's right on the line.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. As the couple of posts above this reply will address the sweet/slight sweet of this particular wine will discuss. We all taste different notes and find our own wine language.
Cheers!!!

Love it or leave it!

lalutz57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalutz57
losthighwayz wrote:Wooters whove had this vintage: notes? Is it cloying? Ssweet? Port obvious? I pefer spicy, jammy boysenberry zins so on the fence. Thanks

I bought this a few weeks ago on the regular Woot offer. It's decent but not great. A little thin for my taste, with little of the jammy front and sustained back end found in lots of big CA zins.

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
tdavis304 wrote:It's big, it's alcoholic, kind of hot, and kind of sweet. The sweetness is balanced a bit by the alcohol bite and some fruit structure - so it's not cloying.

In for two. I have wine-wooted 12 times since the beginning of March, and this is one of my favorite purchases. Enough so that I recently looked to buy more, and was disappointed that it was only available from the winery at significantly more than the woot price (with shipping).

I do not like sweet wine, but I love this. The only other recent Woot purchase I liked as much was Raised By Wolves. When I saw this come up this evening I jumped at it, and am now regretting that I didn't go for three.

liverman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages liverman

Bought six bottles at the endd of April. I have learned my woot shipments taste a LOT better if I let them rest for a month or more after arrival. My '09 InZINerator just arrived on May 1st, so I might open one sometime in June...but probably I'm going to let most of the bottles rest a bit - year or more I'm thinking. Especially since it was just released in January 2012.

The specs on this one show 8 g/L residual sugar and a pH of 3.6 - definitely high sugar for a red. Medium dry in Europe. Most reds are 2 g/L or less, sometimes a scosh more.

Besides burgers, I'm thinkin' BBQ, maybe some Tex-Mex or New Mexican, possibly try this with some Asian dishes.

Don't need any more of this one right now - on the sidelines.

Regards,

Greg

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
liverman wrote:I have learned my woot shipments taste a LOT better if I let them rest for a month or more after arrival.

I've also noticed that shipped wines, be it from Woot or wine clubs, tend to taste better if opened 3 or 4 weeks after arrival. There has been some discussion of bottle shock on these boards in the past, and it always brings up discussion for which I have no hard evidence. However, anecdotally, my experience has shown that waiting a bit is the best course of action.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
sporadic wrote:According to http://www.freethegrapes.org/ you can ship to West Virginia. You should update the list.

Face palm.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mochamix79

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mochamix79

You're too sweet! Always happy to help a fellow wine-junkie...and you're emails always make me laugh.

PS - Now you know MY handle!