$59.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 2 2010 Plush Reserve Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, Oregon
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

Is the YouTube link broken for anyone else? I'm super curious about the video, and the wine. Anyone have any detailed tasting notes on this?

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

clcaruthers wrote:Is the YouTube link broken for anyone else? I'm super curious about the video, and the wine. Anyone have any detailed tasting notes on this?

The YouTube video in the write-up? It's working for me. The vintner's voice mail is working as well.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

zenophile

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zenophile

Is the bottle soft, furry and cuddly?

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

I don't want to seem ungracious, but the website's a little ... um ... *off-putting* ...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Just a reminder that if you are in Las Vegas this weekend (I passed a dark SUV with a Wine.Woot! sticker on it as well this afternoon/evening) that we are bottling our 2012 CyberPub Blend tomorrow morning (ok, Saturday morning!).

end

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

greyday

quality posts: 54 Private Messages greyday
sdbcmr wrote:I don't want to seem ungracious, but the website's a little ... um ... *off-putting* ...

This one has more info:

link

EDIT: based on the company they're in on that site (the above is an info site for an exporter), I'd have to say this is probably quality juice.

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20

No previous vintages in CT
No real website.
Nothing on winesearcher.com
Nothing on Google

I really hope there is some winery rep(s) coming online because this isn't going to be much of a discussion otherwise. I cant even figure out what the retail price on this is.

Edit: Greyday, right above this post found some info.

CT

grapenutz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages grapenutz
greyday wrote:This one has more info:

link

EDIT: based on the company they're in on that site (the above is an info site for an exporter), I'd have to say this is probably quality juice.

Seems to be a connection to Coelho

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose

Go Florida! 7am is not too early to buy wine…
;-)

cdcart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdcart

This is a mysterious wine, as others have mentioned I cannot find much information on it. The 2010 vintages in the area are being considered to be a strong year, not 2008 strong, but more in par with 2009. I love wines from this region and am fairly familiar with the wineries throughout the valley, but this one I do not recall. I want to pull he trigger, but something is stopping me

Cyradia

quality posts: 30 Private Messages Cyradia

Once again I'm mumbling into my coffee..."this offering should could use a lab rat". I think that was one of the more brilliant and novel ideas in internet wine sales...and I sure do miss it.

chipgreen

quality posts: 201 Private Messages chipgreen
Cyradia wrote:Once again I'm mumbling into my coffee..."this offering should could use a lab rat". I think that was one of the more brilliant and novel ideas in internet wine sales...and I sure do miss it.

+1

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge

How do I know this isn't just some cheap Napa plonk with a fancy label? I hear there is a lot of that going around now.

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

lurcher

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lurcher

We need a Donna Summer tribute, not a salt & peppa....

chipgreen

quality posts: 201 Private Messages chipgreen
geo8rge wrote:How do I know this isn't just some cheap Napa plonk with a fancy label? I hear there is a lot of that going around now.

Because.... it's from Oregon?

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

I had a taste of this a few weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon at a friends backyard get-together. I did not take notes, but it was classic Willamette (dammit)- cherry/wild berry/a lil' earthiness. Elegant & subtle. There were 3 of us with glasses and the bottle was empty before I could get a second glass.

It's a phrase I use when appropriate: quality juice. ...one to try if you like Oregon Pinot.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
neilfindswine wrote:I had a taste of this a few weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon at a friends backyard get-together. I did not take notes, but it was classic Willamette (dammit)- cherry/wild berry/a lil' earthiness. Elegant & subtle. There were 3 of us with glasses and the bottle was empty before I could get a second glass.

It's a phrase I use when appropriate: quality juice. ...one to try if you like Oregon Pinot.

Ya gotta quit using those 25oz glasses and third filling them on the first pour!

CT

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

rjquillin wrote:Ya gotta quit using those 25oz glasses and third filling them on the first pour!

True. Or make new friends that don't like wine.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

samuelcoelho

quality posts: 6 Private Messages samuelcoelho
neilfindswine wrote:I had a taste of this a few weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon at a friends backyard get-together. I did not take notes, but it was classic Willamette (dammit)- cherry/wild berry/a lil' earthiness. Elegant & subtle. There were 3 of us with glasses and the bottle was empty before I could get a second glass.

Thank you Neil. This is a very classic example of a premium Oregon Pinot noir (100% Willamette Valley). If there are Pinot lovers out there, the 2010 Plush Pinot noir is not one to be missed! Stock up while you can on the 2010s because once they are gone, you've really missed something great.

samuelcoelho

geo8rge wrote:How do I know this isn't just some cheap Napa plonk with a fancy label? I hear there is a lot of that going around now.

Napa plonk?

For one, we are from Oregon's Willamette Valley (live, breath and love the earth and PINOT NOIR)and only handcraft products with the highest artisanal quality standards. Did I mention we use sustainable farming methods?

Buy, cellar, taste or drink and enjoy. This 2010 is the cream of the crop and will continue to evolve in the bottle. Small lot ferments, native yeasts, sur lie, barrel aged, bottled and rested.

If you drink Pinot noir and know what high quality Pinot noir taste like you will not be disappointed. This beautiful varietal of grape is known for its nuances and subtleties, complexity and flavors.

Oregon produces some of the best in the world. Plush is showcasing that.

samuelcoelho

Another reason for everyone to stock up on this wonderful offer!!! Only 200 cases available!

But equally important, I am an active member in my community and truly have a passion for wine and Oregon!

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20120513/BUSINESS01/305130003/Today-s-Young-Professional-Samuel-Coelho

samuelcoelho

Ps. I'll be back in a few hours! Get your questions ready and start making purchases!

sdbcmr

greyday wrote:This one has more info:

link

Thanks, greyday - much more helpful. Still wish there was something out there - anything - specifically about this pricey bottle of purple drank.

cazeno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cazeno

I drank a couple bottles of this wine over Easter weekend. It drank very well considering that it is a 2010. The profile is classic WV Pinot and getting it on woot for $30/bottle is a pretty good deal. This wine beats out plenty of $50 bottles, I recommend it.

In the interest of disclosure, I do know the owners. It doesn't change my opinion of the wine; I posted to offer another perspective on the product, take it as you will.

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72
samuelcoelho wrote:Napa plonk?

For one, we are from Oregon's Willamette Valley (live, breath and love the earth and PINOT NOIR)and only handcraft products with the highest artisanal quality standards. Did I mention we use sustainable farming methods?

Buy, cellar, taste or drink and enjoy. This 2010 is the cream of the crop and will continue to evolve in the bottle. Small lot ferments, native yeasts, sur lie, barrel aged, bottled and rested.

If you drink Pinot noir and know what high quality Pinot noir taste like you will not be disappointed. This beautiful varietal of grape is known for its nuances and subtleties, complexity and flavors.

Oregon produces some of the best in the world. Plush is showcasing that.

Thanks for coming on board!

On a trip to Oregon with my son, we were in Portland, Willamette, Amity, Astoria, and a touristy town down the coast from Astoria that I can't remember. Loved the land, fishing, the views, and wine. Visited Ann Amie, Lange, and Tori Mor. I'd love to retire there from Ohio.

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

It's been while since I have Wooted and despite the lack of info and reviews on the winery or vintage I went in for two. Hope it's good for $30/bottle.

I do trust WD not to throw crap on here and label it Black Tie.

sdbcmr

Daystar wrote:

You got a point there.

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72
Daystar wrote:It's been while since I have Wooted and despite the lack of info and reviews on the winery or vintage I went in for two. Hope it's good for $30/bottle.

I agree also! Love Oregon Pinot Noir, crossed my fingers, and went in on one.

samuelcoelho

boatman72 wrote:Thanks for coming on board!

On a trip to Oregon with my son, we were in Portland, Willamette, Amity, Astoria, and a touristy town down the coast from Astoria that I can't remember. Loved the land, fishing, the views, and wine. Visited Ann Amie, Lange, and Tori Mor. I'd love to retire there from Ohio.

We'd love to have you retire here as well! It sounds like you had quite the trip. Enjoy the wine!

samuelcoelho

boatman72 wrote:I agree also! Love Oregon Pinot Noir, crossed my fingers, and went in on one.

You won't be disappointed (unless you didn't buy enough. This is the type of wine that you brown bag, place on the table with 3 or 4 others, and pay attention to which one vanishes first!

We do this experiment all the time with Plush (and others)it seems to be the winner more times then not. The SRP on this particular bottle is $50. What a great value for wine.woot! $30 dollars a bottle on wine.woot! may be more expensive then others but you don't want to miss out on the 2010 from Oregon.

Buy 6-12 bottles, cellar them, pull one out every 6 months to a year and see the evolution. If you like the stage of the wine earlier (drink them young)go for it but also enjoy the characteristics and layers of a bottle rested wine.

I wish I could pour samples over the internet! We only have a couple hundred cases or so available. The rest has been sold from the 2516 cases produced. Don't miss out and be forced to buy the 2011s next year!

utjtl21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages utjtl21

I have enjoyed previous vintages of Coehlo Pinot Noirs. After the Garagiste debacle, I would be hesitant to make a purchase without tasting. Sorry Sam. Full disclosure, I know nothing about the Plush wine, but I could give plenty of recommendations for $30 Willamette Pinot Noirs.

tstockler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tstockler
utjtl21 wrote:I have enjoyed previous vintages of Coehlo Pinot Noirs. After the Garagiste debacle, I would be hesitant to make a purchase without tasting. Sorry Sam. Full disclosure, I know nothing about the Plush wine, but I could give plenty of recommendations for $30 Willamette Pinot Noirs.

Let's hear a few of those recommendations...

kyle83uw

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kyle83uw
utjtl21 wrote:I have enjoyed previous vintages of Coehlo Pinot Noirs. After the Garagiste debacle, I would be hesitant to make a purchase without tasting. Sorry Sam. Full disclosure, I know nothing about the Plush wine, but I could give plenty of recommendations for $30 Willamette Pinot Noirs.

Sorry to get OT- but I'm interested in hearing about the garagiste debacle...I've been buying from them over the last 3-4 months and have had nothing but positive experiences and great wine...just curious.

As for this offer- sounds great- I love Oregon pinot but don't have the $$ right now to jump in.

*edit* - search is my friend...looks like maybe a bad mystery wine experience from Garagiste? I'll admit, the couple I got were the more disappointing wines of my last pick up.

utjtl21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages utjtl21
tstockler wrote:Let's hear a few of those recommendations...

Out of respect to Sam and his thread, can I pm you my thoughts. Sorry, this is my first foray onto the wine woot community.

dcabal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dcabal

I'm always seem to be short on Pinot and I love the ones from Willamette. I'll take a chance...in for 3!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kyle83uw wrote:Sorry to get OT- but I'm interested in hearing about the garagiste debacle...I've been buying from them over the last 3-4 months and have had nothing but positive experiences and great wine...just curious.

As for this offer- sounds great- I love Oregon pinot but don't have the $$ right now to jump in.

*edit* - search is my friend...looks like maybe a bad mystery wine experience from Garagiste? I'll admit, the could I got were the more disappointing wines of my last pick up.

You have been buying from Garagiste for 3-4 months, have you actually taken delivery of any of your orders yet?? It has been my experience that most orders take 6 to 12 months.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kyle83uw

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kyle83uw
tytiger58 wrote:You have been buying from Garagiste for 3-4 months, have you actually taken delivery of any of your orders yet?? It has been my experience that most orders take 6 to 12 months.

Yes- Live in the Seattle area so went and picked up all except a couple orders a few weeks ago.

edit- and just checked- 3-4 months wasn't quite accurate- first order was in December of last year

ThatKoolChica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThatKoolChica

I bought the wine. I drank the wine... and I fell in love. I refuse to open the second bottle until I have purchased more. Can someone PLEASE direct me on where to buy Plush wine!