1 Bell's Blend 1 lb.

Product website

Previous offers:
1/12/12
8/18/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Do'h forgot today was Thursday. I am a fan of the company being from GA, but torn that they are Athens. Hope they aren't a Dawg fan

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I'm a more a fan of Keuka Lake Roaster personally, but this seems like a good deal?!

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Wow, someone still sells a pound of coffee that actually weighs one pound! Impressive!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

This coffee quartet was my very first woot after joining back in January. The coffee was excellent, very freshly roasted, and a great value. I especially like the Ethiopian selection, my favorite country of origin for coffee.

In for one. I'd get three if there were a good way to keep them fresh!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

jaykid007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jaykid007

Always a fan for coffee and trying them around the country. In for 1!

songbirdjhs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages songbirdjhs

The only problem I have with this coffee is that everyone at work expects me to share. This will be my 3rd sampler and I've never been disappointed!

In for three 'cause that way I might actually get to enjoy some of it.

Hope Springs Eternal...That's why I keep trying for these Bundles of Clones#39;s

Palila

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Palila

With Starbucks going for $8-9 a pound, totally worth it. Plus, we regularly get good coffee from Athens. (and a favorite beer, Depth Charge, was brewed by Terrapin with coffee from Athens. I like to think there's some kind of standard or competition to make good coffee.)

whirlygirly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whirlygirly

Perfect timing, I was almost out of coffee. Crisis averted!

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

I know more about coffee than wine. I've been learning a lot here recently, and am glad to be able to give something back. The #1 most important factor in quality coffee is freshness from roast date. Does this coffee have individual roast dates on the packaging? If a bean is more than two weeks maximum from it's roast date, it is stale, and I will not drink coffee made from it. The ideal time frame for consumption is 4-10 days after roasting.

There are some great beans which are routinely ruined because they are stale. For example, Peets coffee can be great if you buy it in the Bay Area at a Peets location and it's fresh. But if you buy it nationally in a vacuum sealed bag? It can be three months old, or more.

Because of all of this, quality coffee beans will always include a roast date on the packaging. Do these beans show their roast date?

kkasman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkasman

Coffee woot??? really? start a coffee woot and stay away from wine woot!!

szecsei

quality posts: 10 Private Messages szecsei

i don't suppose it comes in decaf?

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec

Taking nothing away from Faces, I yurn for some BlackSack(sp?).

szecsei

quality posts: 10 Private Messages szecsei

what does the deals.woot rep number mean? i just noticed that my triangle has a yellowish pigment, and i'm not sure what i did to deserve such a designation.

songbirdjhs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages songbirdjhs
blakewoot wrote:Does this coffee have individual roast dates on the packaging?

Yes it does.

blakewoot wrote: If a bean is more than two weeks maximum from it's roast date, it is stale, and I will not drink coffee made from it. The ideal time frame for consumption is 4-10 days after roasting.

If the beans are roasted on Monday they will ship Tuesday. You want freshly roasted beans to rest a day. As I've said earlier, I've never been disappointed with 1000 faces.

Hope Springs Eternal...That's why I keep trying for these Bundles of Clones#39;s

jatha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jatha

Hmm..I don't care for coffee with my wine. I guess the wallet stays safe for another day.

Coming to wine.woot hoping for good wine, or at the very least wine related items and maybe some tasting foods to go with the wine and finding other crap is like waking up on christmas with no presents.

iluvbrak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iluvbrak

If 4-10 days from roast date is the only way you're willing to drink coffee then:
1 - you are not going to buy this coffee because even if you get it in the allotted time, you'd be pressed to drink 4 pounds of coffee in 6 days...
2 - you had to make that overbearing critique because you drink 4 pounds of coffee every 6 days and are constantly wired; you are going to buy this coffee regardless of the quality...
Just asking the question is enough of a post if you genuinely want the information more than a soapbox ;)

inod3

quality posts: 6 Private Messages inod3
bkarlan wrote:Do'h forgot today was Thursday. I am a fan of the company being from GA, but torn that they are Athens. Hope they aren't a Dawg fan

I rarely buy the Thursday wine.woot's, but do love their existence. I have enough trouble keeping my days straight, I run into non-wine on wine.woot and it's like a present. "Oh, my Galaxy! the week is almost over!"

Some day I'll figure out how to operate a calender. Until then though, wine.woot FTW!

sickevilmutant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sickevilmutant
Cesare wrote:1000 Faces Coffee Sampler
$34.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Roasted Whole Bean
PRODUCTS:
1 Kochere, Ethiopia
1 La Nubia, Colombia
1 Espresso Savio
1 Bell's Blend

Next time you should do two sets, a dark roast and a light roast set... I only buy dark roast. :P

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
iluvbrak wrote:If 4-10 days from roast date is the only way you're willing to drink coffee then:
1 - you are not going to buy this coffee because even if you get it in the allotted time, you'd be pressed to drink 4 pounds of coffee in 6 days...
2 - you had to make that overbearing critique because you drink 4 pounds of coffee every 6 days and are constantly wired; you are going to buy this coffee regardless of the quality...
Just asking the question is enough of a post if you genuinely want the information more than a soapbox ;)

This looks like pretty good coffee. And songbirdjhs says it does indeed have a roast date on the package, and ships promptly, which is good. You are overstating my own preference for fresh coffee - I said I will drink it up to 2 weeks from roast date, although 4-10 days is optimum.

But yes, buying 4 pounds of coffee at once is basically a bad idea unless you have a lot of people available to drink it with you, because much of it will be stale by the time you get to it. I was tempted to try this, but I will pass for exactly this reason - I can't drink it all while still fresh.

Looking forward to a case of rosé here on wine.woot sometime soon!

untied

quality posts: 0 Private Messages untied

you can make a 40oz press pot of each, then try them as a pour over, and then as a prep method of choice. share the servings with friends so you don't die- the flavor profiles will vary greatly from one method to the next. you can also use the excess to make cold brew toddy for delicious iced coffee. the concentrate will last an additional two weeks after prep, and is a great way to deal with older coffee that would otherwise go to waste.

llamabox

quality posts: 36 Private Messages llamabox
Palila wrote:...Plus, we regularly get good coffee from Athens. (and a favorite beer, Depth Charge, was brewed by Terrapin with coffee from Athens. I like to think there's some kind of standard or competition to make good coffee.)

Jittery Joe's is amazing

Make your own damn beer

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

Looks to be high quality coffee but the 4 pounds will go stale well before I can drink it all since I average only 1 cup a day.

Craig234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Craig234

Ya I'd like this for Mother's Day, but it seems way too much to be able to drink fresh.

chasbikr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chasbikr
blakewoot wrote:I know more about coffee than wine. I've been learning a lot here recently, and am glad to be able to give something back. The #1 most important factor in quality coffee is freshness from roast date. Does this coffee have individual roast dates on the packaging? If a bean is more than two weeks maximum from it's roast date, it is stale, and I will not drink coffee made from it. The ideal time frame for consumption is 4-10 days after roasting.

There are some great beans which are routinely ruined because they are stale. For example, Peets coffee can be great if you buy it in the Bay Area at a Peets location and it's fresh. But if you buy it nationally in a vacuum sealed bag? It can be three months old, or more.

Because of all of this, quality coffee beans will always include a roast date on the packaging. Do these beans show their roast date?

No. The #1 factor is roasting to the best profile of the bean. A larger screen size will disipate the volitile oils a bit slower, but is unstopable no mater storage. You are correct on peak consumption time, but the taper changing the profile is generally slower. No such thing as "stale", just evolving loss of flaver profile elements. A consistant base cupping process reveals much over time.

hollamode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hollamode

No way I'm able to use all four pounds before the beans go stale? anyway to preserve the one's i don't use? I mean what's the word on freezing it?

heinricp

quality posts: 5 Private Messages heinricp

Can anyone speak to the roasting profile of these batches of coffee? I'm not a fan of the heavily roasted coffees (like Starbucks) with the flavorful oils leaking out . . . I feel like the nuances are burned/roasted out of the coffee.

Does anyone know what kind of roast is used to prepare this coffee?

heymoe9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heymoe9

Will this coffee work in my Mr. Coffee?
Why isn't it ground??

spdrcr05

quality posts: 30 Private Messages spdrcr05

So I'll say it ... Now that we have home.woot & sellout.woot, can the non-wine related stuff please go there or on juvie.woot? Keep wine.woot wine-y! ( to paraphrase a slogan regarding my favorite little town in Texas)

In periods of profound change, the most dangerous thing is to incrementalize yourself into the future -- Thomas Edision

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester
blakewoot wrote:I know more about coffee than wine. I've been learning a lot here recently, and am glad to be able to give something back. The #1 most important factor in quality coffee is freshness from roast date. Does this coffee have individual roast dates on the packaging? If a bean is more than two weeks maximum from it's roast date, it is stale, and I will not drink coffee made from it. The ideal time frame for consumption is 4-10 days after roasting.

But how are you able to consume 4 pounds of coffee in 4-10 days?

bcudone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bcudone

I do love coffee, but I dont have a place in my town to get fresh roasted, and I currently use 8 O Clock Whole Beans from Amazon. That being said, wouldnt even slightly stale roasted beans be better than what I am currently using?

paxsarah

quality posts: 2 Private Messages paxsarah

I'm in this time. I still can't quite get over the feeling that I should offer to pick this up from their facility (a mile from my house).

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 98 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Those without grinders can find OK ones (blade type) for as little as $10. These will not work for true espresso grind, but for most else, they work well. Even cheaper at thrift stores, often found unused.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 98 Private Messages radi0j0hn
bcudone wrote:I do love coffee, but I dont have a place in my town to get fresh roasted, and I currently use 8 O Clock Whole Beans from Amazon. That being said, wouldnt even slightly stale roasted beans be better than what I am currently using?

javacabana.com (Miami). No added shipping, no tax, with pretty good commercial coffee (vs true high grade) for less money than 8 O'Clock. And they are the supplier, so they roast there own stuff. They even make old "can" brands such as Savarin.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

wolverine1012

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolverine1012

Not a coffee drinker...finally the budget gets a rest.

bobj850

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobj850
Palila wrote:With Starbucks going for $8-9 a pound, totally worth it. Plus, we regularly get good coffee from Athens. (and a favorite beer, Depth Charge, was brewed by Terrapin with coffee from Athens. I like to think there's some kind of standard or competition to make good coffee.)

If Starbuck's coffee is 8-9 dollars a pound as you state, why is this such a good deal? Do the math !!

pentachris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pentachris

Please tell me I'm not the only person who misread the brand name and immediately thought this was a really good deal on some kopi luwak...

I fight authority - authority always wins.

bolligra

bcudone wrote:I do love coffee, but I dont have a place in my town to get fresh roasted, and I currently use 8 O Clock Whole Beans from Amazon. That being said, wouldnt even slightly stale roasted beans be better than what I am currently using?

Yes, because you are currently using totally stale beans.

bolligra

bobj850 wrote:If Starbuck's coffee is 8-9 dollars a pound as you state, why is this such a good deal? Do the math !!

Because it's Starbucks coffee that's 8-9 dollars a pound.