blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
blakewoot wrote:I bought 4 bottles of the 2007 Expression Pinot Noir 44° Roserock on 9/19. The "stuff you bought" page shows it as waiting to ship. But I am holding it in my hand. It arrived today after 9 days on a truck - including an extra day at the end because no-one was home yesterday to receive it, as I had not received any notice that it would be arriving.

I wonder if this might be a record?

Expression Pinot Noir 44° Roserock
Ordered: 9/19
Received: 10/4
Shipping notice emailed: 10/17

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

Ordered Vino Noceto on Oct. 17th. Received tracking number yesterday. Wine is being delivered to the FedEx office today. Zero issues for me.

Still hate that the tracking # is no longer in the order email, though.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:Ordered Vino Noceto on Oct. 17th. Received tracking number yesterday. Wine is being delivered to the FedEx office today. Zero issues for me.

+1

Man that was quick!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:

Yes, why is it seemingly sooo difficult to get the tracking numbers again included with the email and eliminate the necessity of logging in and clicking thru to find the number?

Can we add mega-stupid to our list of mega questions?

CT

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Another FedEx Home Delivery. This time I missed it

Pavi Napa Valley 2005 Dolcetto went via Home delivery.

Is this to be expected from here on out? Do I need to bribe my FedEX Home guy also?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bkarlan

Nooooooo, not again.

FedEx Home Delivery-Adult Signature Required

not Home Delivery. Whatever happened to Ground? WD can you tell me if this is the new standard for WCC?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

So just got a message that my Jana Zin has finally shipped. The thing is it shows that the info was send to fedex but nothing about the wine actually moving. So far the delivery date is Nov 3rd. I'm going to be out of town starting on November 2nd, and probably until Nov 8th. If I knew for sure that the wine has moved, I would probably send it to the local fedex store and maybe talk to them about picking it up past the 5 days business days. Any updated on when the wine will actually ship?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

tiger7610 wrote:So just got a message that my Jana Zin has finally shipped. The thing is it shows that the info was send to fedex but nothing about the wine actually moving. So far the delivery date is Nov 3rd. I'm going to be out of town starting on November 2nd, and probably until Nov 8th. If I knew for sure that the wine has moved, I would probably send it to the local fedex store and maybe talk to them about picking it up past the 5 days business days. Any updated on when the wine will actually ship?

You're welcome to contact us here at support@woot.com and we'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you have about your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

bkarlan

tiger7610 wrote:So just got a message that my Jana Zin has finally shipped. The thing is it shows that the info was send to fedex but nothing about the wine actually moving. So far the delivery date is Nov 3rd. I'm going to be out of town starting on November 2nd, and probably until Nov 8th. If I knew for sure that the wine has moved, I would probably send it to the local fedex store and maybe talk to them about picking it up past the 5 days business days. Any updated on when the wine will actually ship?

probably tomorrow. I usually get those notices the day before movement starts.

Also if you are out of town past the 5 day window that FedEx gives you, you can call 1800GOFEDEX (while the fedex store is holding your package) and ask for an extension. The fedex guys will put in an exception and the package will be held for an additional 5 days.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 211 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

bkarlan wrote:Nooooooo, not again.

FedEx Home Delivery-Adult Signature Required

not Home Delivery. Whatever happened to Ground? WD can you tell me if this is the new standard for WCC?

hello. Yes home delivery is the mode. how does that impact you?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
Winedavid39 wrote:hello. Yes home delivery is the mode. how does that impact you?

We can't have the packages held at a FedEx location until they attempt delivery one time if it's shipped "Home Delivery" vs. "FedEx Ground."

FedEx Ground >>>>>>> Home Delivery

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylemittskus wrote:We can't have the packages held at a FedEx location until they attempt delivery one time if it's shipped "Home Delivery" vs. "FedEx Ground."

FedEx Ground >>>>>>> Home Delivery

This is why I use the local FedEx/Kinko's as my shipping address when they're shipping with any division of FedEx. It works for us because there is one that's very conveniently located. I realize that's not true for everyone, but if you'll eventually need to have your package held at a FedEx location anyway, however inconvenient that may be, this eliminates the day of your wine uselessly rolling around in a truck.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

Winedavid39 wrote:hello. Yes home delivery is the mode. how does that impact you?

Absolutely no problem here, the default delivery address is the FedEx/Kinkos. Works like a charm.

CT

bkarlan

On a personal level I have a great relationship with my ground and express guys. The home delivery guy should drive the Oscar Meyer mobile. He is awful. I have already placed numerous complaints with FedEx because of him. (dropped packages, tossed packages, packages delivered to the wrong house, etc..)

Like Kyle said I can't redirect either, until after a failed attempt. Now knowing they are all going home delivery I will send them to FedEx/kinkos instead of my house.

But a recommendation: can you out in the description of the wine if the winery or WCC is going to ship? Because if the winery ships via UPS, FedEx office will decline te package.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

Ok- I hope I am not getting my FedEx guy in trouble but here goes- I didn' t buy alot form Wine Woot in the summer because I didn't know if I would be home for delivery because I travel alot ( retired ). So I have posted alot about that. The other day, I wasn't home for my Jana delivery and the Fed Ex guy left a sticker on my door saying he attempted delivery. When reading the sticker, there was a place to sign my name so that he could leave it on my door step the next day and Fed Ex would not be responsible for damages, etc. Well, I was excited that I could simply sign and they would leave my wine on my porch- which they did!!! Problem solved- so simple. Who would have known!

bkarlan

slm9951 wrote:Ok- I hope I am not getting my FedEx guy in trouble but here goes- I didn' t buy alot form Wine Woot in the summer because I didn't know if I would be home for delivery because I travel alot ( retired ). So I have posted alot about that. The other day, I wasn't home for my Jana delivery and the Fed Ex guy left a sticker on my door saying he attempted delivery. When reading the sticker, there was a place to sign my name so that he could leave it on my door step the next day and Fed Ex would not be responsible for damages, etc. Well, I was excited that I could simply sign and they would leave my wine on my porch- which they did!!! Problem solved- so simple. Who would have known!

Technically he isn't supposed to do that, because of the over 21 clause on there.

I use to have a deal worked out with my FedEx Express and Ground drivers where they would call me and tell me what time they would be here. My Home Delivery guy isn't as cordial.

I did get it fixed where I can redirect all of my Home Delivery items to the local FedEx/Kinkos.

Still looking for wine.woot to put in the description who is shipping the wine so I can just have the shipment directly sent to FedEx/Kinkos instead of worrying that the winery is shipping it via UPS.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
bkarlan wrote:Technically he isn't supposed to do that, because of the over 21 clause on there.

I use to have a deal worked out with my FedEx Express and Ground drivers where they would call me and tell me what time they would be here. My Home Delivery guy isn't as cordial.

I did get it fixed where I can redirect all of my Home Delivery items to the local FedEx/Kinkos.

Still looking for wine.woot to put in the description who is shipping the wine so I can just have the shipment directly sent to FedEx/Kinkos instead of worrying that the winery is shipping it via UPS.

Yes, you are lucky you can do that. I have posted in the past that I live in a pretty remote area of VA and can't have stuff sent to a facillity- closest being Roanoke which is an hour and a half drive for me! I didn't think the wine could be left at my house with the signature on the sticker as this would somehow be illegal but I am so glad that worked for me this time. As a VA resident, it looks like I don't have to worry about a wine Woot shipment ever again.

rjquillin

In my email today:

"Good news! Your Woot order #4895XXXX from Wednesday, June 04, 2014 is now on its way."

This would be the Sanford Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir (3) that I picked up on Monday...

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
rjquillin wrote:In my email today:

"Good news! Your Woot order #4895XXXX from Wednesday, June 04, 2014 is now on its way."

This would be the Sanford Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir (3) that I picked up on Monday...

I still don't have a tracking number for the St. Julian Traminette that I received last week.

ddeuddeg

bkarlan wrote:Technically he isn't supposed to do that, because of the over 21 clause on there.

I've had an interesting time over the years with trying to guess how they'd ship it so I knew where to have it sent. Now with the wine going via FedEx, it seems safe to have it sent there, but if I choose that option on a combo shipment with some non-wine stuff, and goes with a different carrier, it gets refused at FedEx. So I get it sent to my home address, and divert the wine to the depot when I won't be home. Now I'm in Denver, and won't be able to see a door tag if they leave one, the tracking info woot has provided tells me nothing except a tentative delivery date of tomorrow, and I've already received all of the non-wine items. I'm assuming the wine is on its way in a refrigerated truck, to be handed off to FedEx for delivery once it's nearby. Then maybe the tracking info I have will actually become meaningful. Anyone in the know want to confirm that theory?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

rjquillin

Make friends with your FedEx staff, so they accept non-FedEx shipments?
As I have done...

ddeuddeg wrote:I've had an interesting time over the years with trying to guess how they'd ship it so I knew where to have it sent. Now with the wine going via FedEx, it seems safe to have it sent there, but if I choose that option on a combo shipment with some non-wine stuff, and goes with a different carrier, it gets refused at FedEx. So I get it sent to my home address, and divert the wine to the depot when I won't be home. Now I'm in Denver, and won't be able to see a door tag if they leave one, the tracking info woot has provided tells me nothing except a tentative delivery date of tomorrow, and I've already received all of the non-wine items. I'm assuming the wine is on its way in a refrigerated truck, to be handed off to FedEx for delivery once it's nearby. Then maybe the tracking info I have will actually become meaningful. Anyone in the know want to confirm that theory?

CT

ddeuddeg

rjquillin wrote:Make friends with your FedEx staff, so they accept non-FedEx shipments?
As I have done...

They actually did that the other day. The issue currently is that I have two wine shipments addressed to my house that I want to divert to the FedEx/Kinko's depot, where they have already assured me that they'll hold it for me without a 5 day limit. I'm just afraid with my inability to get reliable tracking info, they'll attempt to deliver it (thrice) and then send it back before I get a chance to do anything about it. I wouldn't be so concerned but for the plethora of stories recently about folks getting tracking notices 2 weeks after delivery.