rpm

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rpm
mbmiche wrote:
I am also waiting for some Iron horse Bubbly that is showing as shipped in the "stuff you bought," but when I click on the tracking number link, the fed ex site says that there is no information for he shipment. (This was the same case for the Zeppelin Central Coast from the woot off. Tracking information did not show up until the package was already received.) Because I am often away from home and I work in a school (which frowns on alcohol deliveries...), I like to arrange for a hold on my package. With tracking numbers that don't work, I am unable to have the package held at a fed ex office location until after the package has been delivered and I have the door tag in hand. I only read the last page and a half of this thread, so I apologize if this has already been answered, but is there any information on a possible fix to this (relatively minor) issue?

Thanks for the information.

I received tracking information for my Iron Horse shipment on the 9th. Still not here this morning so I followed up by looking at the tracking information. Fed Ex picked it up in OHIO on the 13th, now supposed to be out for delivery on a nice warm day on the 16th. No way to easily tell if it's damaged, since I don't open stuff up right away. rpm and a little

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
rpm wrote:I received tracking information for my Iron Horse shipment on the 9th. Still not here this morning so I followed up by looking at the tracking information. Fed Ex picked it up in OHIO on the 13th, now supposed to be out for delivery on a nice warm day on the 16th. No way to easily tell if it's damaged, since I don't open stuff up right away. rpm and a little

What are the signs that a bubbly has gone bad due to excess heat? I've had cooked red wines, but I don't buy many bubbles.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
redwinefan wrote:What are the signs that a bubbly has gone bad due to excess heat? I've had cooked red wines, but I don't buy many bubbles.

The bubbles go the wrong way, with gravity.

CT

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis
rpm wrote:I received tracking information for my Iron Horse shipment on the 9th. Still not here this morning so I followed up by looking at the tracking information. Fed Ex picked it up in OHIO on the 13th, now supposed to be out for delivery on a nice warm day on the 16th. No way to easily tell if it's damaged, since I don't open stuff up right away. rpm

At least you have some sort of tracking. My Iron Horse order has an anticipated ship date of Aug 13 & estimated delivery of Aug 20. I guess this will be similar to the Wellington order, which I was lucky to receive because I wasn't expecting it at all.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
klezman wrote:Since people generally prefer complaining rather than saying when a job is well done, I figure I should go with the latter. My Used Auto Parts dessert wine was shipped on Tuesday. I got the email at 10:35am on Tuesday to notify me. The FedEx tracking says that the number hit the FedEx system at 11:11am that same day.

Looks like problems are being fixed!

Last I knew, you were still on the west coast. Many of the issues in these pages seem to be with folks in Texas, New York, etc. It might be premature to suppose that all the problems are fixed.
I asked for my IH bubbly shipping address to be changed, received a request for clarification from service.woot. Since I had placed two separate orders, they wanted to know which shipping address I wanted changed. Thinking they were on top of things, I immediately replied that I wanted both changed. They responded by changing neither. I just learned today, when I finally got an internet opportunity, that they were delivered 2 days ago to the FedEx/Kinko's site in Buffalo. I'm sure they called and left a message, but I don't want to find out what it would cost to retrieve that message from Spain, or call them to tell them to hold it. I'm hoping our return is before they ship it back to California.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:Last I knew, you were still on the west coast. Many of the issues in these pages seem to be with folks in Texas, New York, etc. It might be premature to suppose that all the problems are fixed.
I asked for my IH bubbly shipping address to be changed, received a request for clarification from service.woot. Since I had placed two separate orders, they wanted to know which shipping address I wanted changed. Thinking they were on top of things, I immediately replied that I wanted both changed. They responded by changing neither. I just learned today, when I finally got an internet opportunity, that they were delivered 2 days ago to the FedEx/Kinko's site in Buffalo. I'm sure they called and left a message, but I don't want to find out what it would cost to retrieve that message from Spain, or call them to tell them to hold it. I'm hoping our return is before they ship it back to California.

I think standard policy is to hold it 5 business days before it gets sent back. So assuming you're back by Tuesday, you should be OK.

Alternatively, since you have internet access, you could email one of your friends or family members and give them the tracking number and have them call the FedEx place and explain the situation on your behalf so that you don't have to rack up the $$ to call yourself.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:I think standard policy is to hold it 5 business days before it gets sent back. So assuming you're back by Tuesday, you should be OK.

Alternatively, since you have internet access, you could email one of your friends or family members and give them the tracking number and have them call the FedEx place and explain the situation on your behalf so that you don't have to rack up the $$ to call yourself.

I think we're safe on the timing, but I may just email #1 son, and have him make that call, just to be on the safe side. Thanks for the suggestion.
ddeuddeg

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rpm

bahwm wrote:I think we're safe on the timing, but I may just email #1 son, and have him make that call, just to be on the safe side. Thanks for the suggestion.
ddeuddeg

good idea

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:Last I knew, you were still on the west coast. Many of the issues in these pages seem to be with folks in Texas, New York, etc. It might be premature to suppose that all the problems are fixed.

Didn't mean to suggest that the were all fixed. Just that progress seems to be happening. The one thing I thought would be fixed globally would be the shipping notification emails, though. It's not intuitive to me why west coast folks would get timely shipping notices while east coast folk would get them late. Maybe the code monkeys need some, um, encouragement.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Reading this thread makes me thankful that I live 100 miles from the Wine Woot World (WWW) headquarters, and that I have delivery to my box at a UPS Store.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

I live in a pretty remote area of south central VA. I have ordered wine from Woot since the end of Feb. Since summer shipping, it has been difficult to order anything because I can never figure out when the wine is coming. We don't have a FedEx facility in my town, except for a staging/parking garage for the drivers. I drove to it once around 6PM and caught an employee as he was leaving to find out if my shipments could be held there till I could pick it up. I was told no- there were no employees at that site to do anything like that. I would really love to buy today's offering of Inspiration Viognier, but I have no one to get my shipment if I am not home. I am retired and do alot of traveling. I just wish I could figure out the shipping so it could work for me.

rpm

slm9951 wrote:I live in a pretty remote area of south central VA. I have ordered wine from Woot since the end of Feb. Since summer shipping, it has been difficult to order anything because I can never figure out when the wine is coming. We don't have a FedEx facility in my town, except for a staging/parking garage for the drivers. I drove to it once around 6PM and caught an employee as he was leaving to find out if my shipments could be held there till I could pick it up. I was told no- there were no employees at that site to do anything like that. I would really love to buy today's offering of Inspiration Viognier, but I have no one to get my shipment if I am not home. I am retired and do alot of traveling. I just wish I could figure out the shipping so it could work for me.

there are a number of wooters in the greater DC area - post your dilemma in the pub and see if anyone can be a "wootlegger" for you - to get and hold the wine until you can pick it up. people usually do this when they're in a state not being shipped to for an offer, but this seems a similar enough circumstance perhaps someone can help you.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

slm9951

rpm wrote:there are a number of wooters in the greater DC area - post your dilemma in the pub and see if anyone can be a "wootlegger" for you - to get and hold the wine until you can pick it up. people usually do this when they're in a state not being shipped to for an offer, but this seems a similar enough circumstance perhaps someone can help you.

I appreciate your comments but I am about a 5 hour drive from there. I don't really live near any metropolitan areas so I'm kind of stuck. The few summer shipping purchases I've made have come when I'm around- it has been pure luck!

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
slm9951 wrote:I appreciate your comments but I am about a 5 hour drive from there. I don't really live near any metropolitan areas so I'm kind of stuck. The few summer shipping purchases I've made have come when I'm around- it has been pure luck!

Do you have any shipments in the pipeline? If so, once the tracking kicks in you can choose to hold the shipment at a FedEx location. I realize there is not one in your town however you will be able to see where the nearest hold location is without having to complete the hold request. If nothing else, it may be useful information.

slm9951

chipgreen wrote:Do you have any shipments in the pipeline? If so, once the tracking kicks in you can choose to hold the shipment at a FedEx location. I realize there is not one in your town however you will be able to see where the nearest hold location is without having to complete the hold request. If nothing else, it may be useful information.

Thanks for your suggestions!

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Is summer shipping over? I don't see the little banner anymore, however we are still in the high 90s sometime breaking triple digits in the high desert.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bkarlan wrote:Is summer shipping over? I don't see the little banner anymore, however we are still in the high 90s sometime breaking triple digits in the high desert.

As far as I recall it lasts as long as it needs to but that's a lousy answer and I'll ping someone for you to be sure.

I'm just hanging out, really.

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
bkarlan wrote:Is summer shipping over? I don't see the little banner anymore, however we are still in the high 90s sometime breaking triple digits in the high desert.

I don't think so. I've still been seeing the little banner.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
inkycatz wrote:As far as I recall it lasts as long as it needs to but that's a lousy answer and I'll ping someone for you to be sure.

Summer shipping's still on according to the powers that be. It'll start phasing out in some regions during September and ought to be done by October, you know, barring mad crazy heat waves and all.

I'm just hanging out, really.

bkarlan

inkycatz wrote:Summer shipping's still on according to the powers that be. It'll start phasing out in some regions during September and ought to be done by October, you know, barring mad crazy heat waves and all.

Thanks for the answers. Everything out here has been happening early, maybe fall and winter will come early too. Love me some cold weather

EDIT: I apparently need to go back to bed as I see the banner at the bottom of the page. Ugh this kid is killing me today.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen

I have 2 wine.woot shipments due to arrive tomorrow, one via 2-day air and the other via regular FedEx Ground (not the zone-skipping refrigerated truck that just makes the final leg via Ground). Strange.

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

OK. I was unhappy when the last shipment arrived with no ice packs in the middle of the Summer and I will have no idea if the wine was cooked until I finally try one. I was told it was an oversight or something. HOWEVER, I just received my shipment of the Pour Pour Me woot wine and it AGAIN has no Summer shipping ice packs! It was nearly 90 degrees here today! What is going on Wine Woot! That is NOT acceptable.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
time2testit wrote:OK. I was unhappy when the last shipment arrived with no ice packs in the middle of the Summer and I will have no idea if the wine was cooked until I finally try one. I was told it was an oversight or something. HOWEVER, I just received my shipment of the Pour Pour Me woot wine and it AGAIN has no Summer shipping ice packs! It was nearly 90 degrees here today! What is going on Wine Woot! That is NOT acceptable.

Every time I see your name, my broken brain reads it wrong and I laugh.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

I guess summer shipping is over, and we're back to some of the previous weirdness about tracking shipments.

I bought 4 bottles of the 2007 Expression Pinot Noir 44° Roserock on 9/19. The "stuff you bought" page shows it as waiting to ship. But I am holding it in my hand. It arrived today after 9 days on a truck - including an extra day at the end because no-one was home yesterday to receive it, as I had not received any notice that it would be arriving.

The swami Pinot I bought on 9/24 is now on a truck heading to NYC from Sacramento, and I received all the usual notices and tracking numbers for that one.

Strange. Why the inconsistency? It sucks when I don't get sent the tracking info.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

time2testit wrote:OK. I was unhappy when the last shipment arrived with no ice packs in the middle of the Summer and I will have no idea if the wine was cooked until I finally try one. I was told it was an oversight or something. HOWEVER, I just received my shipment of the Pour Pour Me woot wine and it AGAIN has no Summer shipping ice packs! It was nearly 90 degrees here today! What is going on Wine Woot! That is NOT acceptable.

save me a step and let me know what what state you live in?

if you live in a midwest or east coast state, ice packs are never used. we may make a mistake now and again, but our record in protecting wine during transit is an industry standard. We trust our methods.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Winedavid39 wrote:save me a step and let me know what what state you live in?

if you live in a midwest or east coast state, ice packs are never used. we may make a mistake now and again, but our record in protecting wine during transit is an industry standard. We trust our methods.

He's in SoCal, WD. It's still been pretty warm down here.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:He's in SoCal, WD. It's still been pretty warm down here.

This is true, it was 108 last Monday, but only 82 today and its supposed to be 63 on Wednesday.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
Stuff You Bought wrote:AlexEli Winery 2009 Pinot 5-Pack
Shipping Method:
Standard

Tracking Unavailable

We'll email you tracking numbers for your shipment(s) as they go out, and put that into here as well. In the meantime, sit tight, bud.

So, do I get a second order when this ships to go with the unexpected delivery I picked up yesterday?

CT

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga

Has anyone received a shipping notice for their order of the Bodegas Paso Robles Albariño, or the actual wine? I am hoping to bring some along with me on a trip I am making at the end of next week and as far as I know, the order is STILL awaiting shipment.
It's still pretty warm here in Florida & I don't want this sitting on my front porch for several days while I'm away either.

EDIT---Eh, never mind. The shipping notice has finally, magically appeared in my IN BOX!

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

rjquillin

Ship date: Oct 8, 2012
Delivery date: Oct 10, 2012 7:40 PM
Notification date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 06:33:35 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, we get wine deliveries that are most always received in excellent condition;

but what's with this broken notification system???

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson
LaVikinga wrote:Has anyone received a shipping notice for their order of the Bodegas Paso Robles Albariño, or the actual wine? I am hoping to bring some along with me on a trip I am making at the end of next week and as far as I know, the order is STILL awaiting shipment.
It's still pretty warm here in Florida & I don't want this sitting on my front porch for several days while I'm away either.

Just today I received a notification that a tracking number was generated. As in the past, you never know when it will be shipped.

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
jmdavidson wrote:Just today I received a notification that a tracking number was generated. As in the past, you never know when it will be shipped.

I've a tracking number, but no info to go with it. The last time that happened, it was almost two days after the delivery before the number became active. It was VERY odd. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will arrive by Thursday.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

rjquillin wrote:Ship date: Oct 8, 2012
Delivery date: Oct 10, 2012 7:40 PM
Notification date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 06:33:35 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, we get wine deliveries that are most always received in excellent condition;

but what's with this broken notification system???

hi, what deal was this? thanks.

bkarlan

Winedavid39 wrote:hi, what deal was this? thanks.

I am not sure his exact deal, but this just happened to me today.

I bought into the Peller Ice Wine deal 2 months ago. I have yet to get a shipment notice. The wines showed up today via UPS, however it is usually FEDEX (this part is irreverent and a separate matter that I will discuss in a different post)

Now a week or 2 will pass and an email will go out with a tracking number for the wines even though they have already been delivered.

bkarlan

Now unto the company which is being used.

99% of the time FedEX is used. I know when you all ship, you ship via FedEX, however if the winery ships it they get to choose which company to use.

Is it possible to advertise in the description of the wine which company will be delivering the wine?

Many of us use a FedEX company to accept our wine since we are not home to sign for the package. The FedEX/Kinkos will NOT accept a package from the Brown Santa (UPS) and it will be returned to sender.

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
bkarlan wrote:Now unto the company which is being used.

99% of the time FedEX is used. I know when you all ship, you ship via FedEX, however if the winery ships it they get to choose which company to use.

Is it possible to advertise in the description of the wine which company will be delivering the wine?

Many of us use a FedEX company to accept our wine since we are not home to sign for the package. The FedEX/Kinkos will NOT accept a package from the Brown Santa (UPS) and it will be returned to sender.

I can suggest a relatively simple rule of thumb...wineries close enough to deliver directly to WCC on their own will do that. Wineries (like Peller, Hunt Country, etc) who are across the country or probably in WA would probably prefer to receive shipping labels and do the packing and shipping themselves. At least that's been my experience thus far.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

Winedavid39 wrote:hi, what deal was this? thanks.

The AlexEli.

CT

bkarlan

Is the wine now going through FedEx Home Delivery instead of FedEx Ground?

My Home Delivery guy is "Detective" head, however my Ground guy is wicked cool. Just had to redirect a shipment to Fedex/Kinkos so I dont have to deal with the Home Delivery "hotdog"

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Kinda worried about my Corison shipment due to arrive tomorrow..supposed to be over 100, hope it's delivered early.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
bkarlan wrote:Is the wine now going through FedEx Home Delivery instead of FedEx Ground?

My Home Delivery guy is "Detective" head, however my Ground guy is wicked cool. Just had to redirect a shipment to Fedex/Kinkos so I dont have to deal with the Home Delivery "hotdog"

I have had a couple shipments from both WW and WL randomly be FedEx home. I am 99% sure that this is FedEx's mistake or decision as WL told me they didn't ship it any differently than they normally do.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen