WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Harvest Moon Late Harvest Zinfandel Mini-Vertical

Speed to First Woot:
1m 13.000s
First Sucker:
bobermeier
Last Wooter to Woot:
lindenbd
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 28% of Wine Woots
Bottom 32% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 44% of Wine Woots
Bottom 44% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 20% first woot
  • 2% second woot
  • 19% < 10 woots
  • 22% < 25 woots
  • 37% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 18% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 16% one year old
  • 66% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 74% bought 1
  • 18% bought 2
  • 8% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

11%
6%
2%
0%
1%
2%
4%
10%
2%
9%
6%
7%
11%
4%
2%
2%
1%
3%
3%
3%
1%
3%
3%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting





Quality Posts



Cesare


quality posts: 1626 Private Messages Cesare

Harvest Moon Late Harvest Zinfandel Mini-Vertical
$39.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCTS:
1 2009 Harvest Moon Late Harvest Zinfandel 375 ml
1 2008 Harvest Moon Late Harvest Zinfandel 375 ml
CT links above

Winery website

Facebook
Twitter
Yelp

Previous offer:
2/22/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

klezman


quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Ooooh....interesting! I had some vintages of these at the winery and recall them being quite tasty. As usual the full retail price was way more than I thought was reasonable but at the woot price this is *very* tempting.

First question for the winemaker: how does this compare to the 2007? (I think that's what we tried at the winery a while back...)

Also, for those keeping score it's $28 + $34 + tax/shipping on the winery's website.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

factotum


quality posts: 10 Private Messages factotum

Woot writes, "The 2009 Estate Late Harvest is one of exotic juiciness made in a balanced desert wine approach."

I'm pretty sure Russian River Valley is not a desert.


[Thunderthighs: Whoops, I'll send it off for a fix in the morning. THANKS!]

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

"MINI" vertical; these are 375's. That makes this some pricey juice, but I have enjoyed my other HM purchases.

CT

thekla


quality posts: 5 Private Messages thekla

too much for my after woot-off budget, but they do sound good, sigh

trifecta


quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
klezman wrote:Ooooh....interesting! I had some vintages of these at the winery and recall them being quite tasty. As usual the full retail price was way more than I thought was reasonable but at the woot price this is *very* tempting.

First question for the winemaker: how does this compare to the 2007? (I think that's what we tried at the winery a while back...)

Also, for those keeping score it's $28 + $34 + tax/shipping on the winery's website.



We were just there back in march and really liked their wines. Brought one of the 2009 LH home but haven't opened it yet. Trying to spend less but it will be tough to pass on this one.

chipgreen


quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen

Had the 2008 from the previous offer and it was very tasty. It was paired with a 2009 Ice-Style Gewurz which was also delicious.

I recall the winemaker saying that it was "dessert wine for people who don't like dessert wine" which may be true, but I like dessert wine and really enjoyed both. Not quite as sweet as most dessert wines which is probably why he made that statement.

If it was the same deal, I'd probably be in for the max just to get 3 more of the Gewurz but the LH Zin is very similar to the Woot Cellars Vinito del Finito which was half the price and I've still got 6-7 of those left. I also have one of the Harvest Moon LHZs stashed away but sadly the Ice-Style Gewurz is just a memory.

The LH Zin has a nice little zing to it, equal parts sweet/tart with good acidity and a little heat + spice on the finish. Highly recommended to those who didn't get in on the Vinito del Finito, which is probably not coming back.

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

bummer they're not 500ml +

hogfatt


quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt
chipgreen wrote:the LH Zin is very similar to the Woot Cellars Vinito del Finito which was half the price and I've still got 6-7 of those left



This.

CT Updating, please wait....

zaqnewman


quality posts: 2 Private Messages zaqnewman

Had the 2008 three days ago. Enjoyed that it wasn't too sweet. But I was hoping for just a little more complexity in flavor for the price.

Merlynxlii


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Merlynxlii

So happy to see a Harvest Moon reference! Many a day of my childhood was consumed building fences, chopping trees, planting and gathering crops, and wooing the girls. Thanks for making my Friday!

Oh, and this wine looks pretty good. It looks different enough from the Vinito del Finito... to bad my wine budget is dead .

doubles94


quality posts: 1 Private Messages doubles94

This is some great wine...Have visited the winery three times. Randy is the master of late harves zins. Peppery and perfect.

true559


quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

As this is my favorite varietal, it is very tempting, but at what amounts to $45 for a full bottle, I'm afraid it exceeds my price threshold for wines untasted.

bkarlan


quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Camping in the boonies, but I am glad I have 3G as I went in for 2

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bkarlan wrote:Camping in the boonies, but I am glad I have 3G as I went in for 2



Now that's some dedication. Enjoy!

I'm just hanging out, really.

randyzin


quality posts: 24 Private Messages randyzin
klezman wrote:Ooooh....interesting! I had some vintages of these at the winery and recall them being quite tasty. As usual the full retail price was way more than I thought was reasonable but at the woot price this is *very* tempting.

First question for the winemaker: how does this compare to the 2007? (I think that's what we tried at the winery a while back...)

Also, for those keeping score it's $28 + $34 + tax/shipping on the winery's website.



Hello,

The 2007 had more pepper than these years. The '08 and '09 vintages are packed pull of spice and berry. Worth checking out.

randyzin


quality posts: 24 Private Messages randyzin
true559 wrote:As this is my favorite varietal, it is very tempting, but at what amounts to $45 for a full bottle, I'm afraid it exceeds my price threshold for wines untasted.



If you like stickies (dessert wines), this pair will not disappoint. They are like NO dessert wines you've ever had. Balanced, fruity, slightly sweet but very very expressive in fruit and spice.

randyzin


quality posts: 24 Private Messages randyzin
rjquillin wrote:"MINI" vertical; these are 375's. That makes this some pricey juice, but I have enjoyed my other HM purchases.



Thanks for your past support.

randyzin


quality posts: 24 Private Messages randyzin
true559 wrote:As this is my favorite varietal, it is very tempting, but at what amounts to $45 for a full bottle, I'm afraid it exceeds my price threshold for wines untasted.



If you do not like them, email me at randy@harvestmoonwinery.com and I'll make it better. How about that? These late Harvest Zins are two of my biggest sellers in the tasting room over the past few years. People come in looking for Pinot and zin but almost always leave with at least one btl of LH Zin.

Try these Late Harvest Zins at the BEGINNING of the evening with a salty blue cheese or a 3-5 year aged Gouda. The salt in the cheese and the residual sugar in the LH make for a very happy experience for your guests coming in through the door. As a winemaker, I am always looking for new ways to present my wines and at the beginning of the evening when everyone's "fresh", it's a great way to freak out wine snob friends too (if you have them).

randyzin


quality posts: 24 Private Messages randyzin
doubles94 wrote:This is some great wine...Have visited the winery three times. Randy is the master of late harves zins. Peppery and perfect.



Ha, thanks. Not sure about master, but I'll take it!

klezman


quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
randyzin wrote:If you do not like them, email me at randy@harvestmoonwinery.com and I'll make it better. How about that? These late Harvest Zins are two of my biggest sellers in the tasting room over the past few years. People come in looking for Pinot and zin but almost always leave with at least one btl of LH Zin.

Try these Late Harvest Zins at the BEGINNING of the evening with a salty blue cheese or a 3-5 year aged Gouda. The salt in the cheese and the residual sugar in the LH make for a very happy experience for your guests coming in through the door. As a winemaker, I am always looking for new ways to present my wines and at the beginning of the evening when everyone's "fresh", it's a great way to freak out wine snob friends too (if you have them).



That's a cool idea...thanks Randy!

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mrsstjohn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsstjohn

Hubs and I really enjoyed the 2009. It was sweet enough for his taste, and yet had just enough spice for my liking. It isn't super sweet, like many dessert wines. It was delicious.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 201 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

randyzin wrote:Hello,

The 2007 had more pepper than these years. The '08 and '09 vintages are packed pull of spice and berry. Worth checking out.



Randy, thanks for jumping in. Have enjoyed your input in the past. "Stickies" eh? had not heard that term before.

SonomaBouliste


quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
Winedavid39 wrote:Randy, thanks for jumping in. Have enjoyed your input in the past. "Stickies" eh? had not heard that term before.



It's been used by the Aussies for a long time.

dalematthew


quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew
SonomaBouliste wrote:It's been used by the Aussies for a long time.



Based on the Aussie experience of having more uses than just drinking.

Reminds me of another one of my favorites - Sticky Date Pudding. Yum.

ohgregory


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohgregory

Horribly expensive for a half bottle (375ml vs. regular 750 ml), that’s $79.98 for a regular 750 ml bottle. That’s a very expensive price for a late harvest (sweet/dessert) wine. Buy it directly from the winery for $34.00.

slm9951


quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
randyzin wrote:If you do not like them, email me at randy@harvestmoonwinery.com and I'll make it better. How about that? These late Harvest Zins are two of my biggest sellers in the tasting room over the past few years. People come in looking for Pinot and zin but almost always leave with at least one btl of LH Zin.

Try these Late Harvest Zins at the BEGINNING of the evening with a salty blue cheese or a 3-5 year aged Gouda. The salt in the cheese and the residual sugar in the LH make for a very happy experience for your guests coming in through the door. As a winemaker, I am always looking for new ways to present my wines and at the beginning of the evening when everyone's "fresh", it's a great way to freak out wine snob friends too (if you have them).



Hi and thank you for your comments. If I was not coming off a 3 day woot off, my first, I would have liked to have tried these but I am tapped out at the moment. These sound wonderful and I will keep them in the back of my mind for another time!!!!

tlrowe


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tlrowe
ohgregory wrote:Horribly expensive for a half bottle (375ml vs. regular 750 ml), that’s $79.98 for a regular 750 ml bottle. That’s a very expensive price for a late harvest (sweet/dessert) wine. Buy it directly from the winery for $34.00.



Actually - $45 delivered for a 750ml bottle - (2x375ml =750ml for $39.99 +$5)
Still at little high for me - I usually top out about $35/bottle for decent (Ficklin) port-style bevo.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

the day after WO's is soooo boring.

Slarti59


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

This is very tempting!

A bit more than I usually pay (the Summerland was 12 per 375 and the Hunt Country was 17 per but had a ice wine). Ice wines are occasionally too sweet for me, but I really liked both of the LHs I've bought from woot.

Anyone want to talk me into this?

stillmanbrown


quality posts: 141 Private Messages stillmanbrown
fredrinaldi wrote:the day after WO's is soooo boring.



The day after that, however, may not be such.

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
stillmanbrown wrote:The day after that, however, may not be such.



Any more of the GB left Stillman???

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




stillmanbrown


quality posts: 141 Private Messages stillmanbrown
tytiger58 wrote:Any more of the GB left Stillman???



As a matter of fact, I was just at the warehouse today . . . pre-pedicure. Oh wait, that was a question! Yes, about 16 cases for my email list and a few local restaurants.
You ARE on my email list, right?

stillmanbrown


quality posts: 141 Private Messages stillmanbrown
tytiger58 wrote:Any more of the GB left Stillman???



As a matter of fact, I was just at the warehouse today . . . pre-pedicure. Oh wait, that was a question! Yes, about 16 cases for my email list and a few local restaurants.
You ARE on my email list, right?

trifecta


quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
stillmanbrown wrote:The day after that, however, may not be such.



Crud. There goes the budget. Will this be the 100th woot that gives me the black square?

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
stillmanbrown wrote:As a matter of fact, I was just at the warehouse today . . . pre-pedicure. Oh wait, that was a question! Yes, about 16 cases for my email list and a few local restaurants.
You ARE on my email list, right?



Yes, I will email a order tomorrow.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson