PRODUCT: 4 Bodegas M Wines 2010 Albariño - Querida
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
11/22/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

white, pass

time for lunch

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen

Loved their Tempranillo and am a fan of Albarino so I'm in! Did I get first sucker?

alanbodegasm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages alanbodegasm
fredrinaldi wrote:white, pass

time for lunch

Drink the white, dude!

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Nice presentation. Not sure I've had Albarino before... :scratches head:

alanbodegasm

chipgreen wrote:Loved their Tempranillo and am a fan of Albarino so I'm in! Did I get first sucker?

The Albariño is an awesome wine. I made it, I know!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:Loved their Tempranillo and am a fan of Albarino so I'm in! Did I get first sucker?

Is this going to more dry with minerality like a SB or something else? Never had an Albarino and not sure if it is something I would like, still trying to figure out my whites. So far not a big SB or Gerwurtz fan.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

alanbodegasm

bsevern wrote:Nice presentation. Not sure I've had Albarino before... :scratches head:

Albariño is like a mash-up of Sauv Blanc and Riesling, only better!

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:Nice presentation. Not sure I've had Albarino before... :scratches head:

Wanna split?

CT

alanbodegasm

North316 wrote:Is this going to more dry with minerality like a SB or something else? Never had an Albarino and not sure if it is something I would like, still trying to figure out my whites. So far not a big SB or Gerwurtz fan.

This is not a Gewurz! No way! Think a great Riesling with the kick-ass acid of a really, really good Sauv Blanc.

chipgreen

alanbodegasm wrote:The Albariño is an awesome wine. I made it, I know!

I'm looking forward to trying it, Alan! Hope to continue seeing Bodegas M deals here.

North316

alanbodegasm wrote:Albariño is like a mash-up of Sauv Blanc and Riesling, only better!

Please explain, this will decide my fate. I like Riesling, but not a fan of most SB.

Any RS or is this dry?

and...drinking window?

My CT

HeartbreakRidge

quality posts: 7 Private Messages HeartbreakRidge
alanbodegasm wrote:Albariño is like a mash-up of Sauv Blanc and Riesling, only better!

I was confused about the discussion during the previous woot, I saw references initially to French oak and then to a period of use of seasoned American oak.

I ask because my wife is both a big fan of Riesling and especially SB but *hates* oak.

rflashman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rflashman

Got me some!

dah7m

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dah7m

Something I have never been clear on: Our wines on Woot Offs ones that have previously been offered and there are only small remainders of? Or are they simply items that do not have enough inventory to allow for a full day of sales? Both>

North316

dah7m wrote:Something I have never been clear on: Our wines on Woot Offs ones that have previously been offered and there are only small remainders of? Or are they simply items that do not have enough inventory to allow for a full day of sales? Both>

Both. I would say mostly the later though. You do see a lot of repeat offers from previous woots, but many times it is simply because the winery has offered an additional, smaller, lot of wine after the original allotment.

My CT

chipgreen

North316 wrote:Please explain, this will decide my fate. I like Riesling, but not a fan of most SB.

Any RS or is this dry?

Most of the Albarinos I've had are dry/off-dry but fruit-forward which gives the impression of a touch of sweetness. I don't remember where I saw this quote but someone once said "Most Sauvignon Blancs wish they could be Albarinos".

North316

chipgreen wrote:Most of the Albarinos I've had are dry/off-dry but fruit-forward which gives the impression of a touch of sweetness. I don't remember where I saw this quote but someone once said "Most Sauvignon Blancs wish they could be Albarinos".

I just read that in the previous offering post. I believe Miguel from the winery posted it.

I know my wife would like this, as she likes anything that is white, but if this is more on the Riesling end of the perspective than the SB end, I am in.

My CT

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

Got me some too. Always nice to hear from the maker--especially during a woot!off. This sounds like a wonderful summer time cooler! That's two purchases (so far) today. Eeek.

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: chipgreen
Speed to first woot: 1m 37.946s
Last wooter to woot: cynthylee

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

I am bummed that I missed the Inzinerator!!!

chipgreen

North316 wrote:I just read that in the previous offering post. I believe Miguel from the winery posted it.

I know my wife would like this, as she likes anything that is white, but if this is more on the Riesling end of the perspective than the SB end, I am in.

The one common tasting note I can share from all the Albarinos I've tried (admittedly not many, probably 4-5 different ones) is the green apple. If you like that flavor component, then you should enjoy this.

If you don't want to splurge on 4 bottles just to try it out, you can probably find some Paco y Lola Albarino at your local grocery store/wine shop for around the same price per bottle. If you go that route, see if you can find a bottle of Torrontes to try as well, you might like that even better.

jatha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jatha

In for a pack. Albariño is a great wine! All of my experience is with the Spanish exports. Am very interested in seeing how the California variety compares/varies.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 168 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

...yummy summertime white!

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

mare0114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mare0114

With the summer months coming up I am tempted. When you say Reisling, are you talking a dry reisling or a sweet one? I am a big fan of chilled SB when it's warm out but I just cannot seem to do sweet. Thanks!

solidary121

quality posts: 7 Private Messages solidary121

So, the Albarino grape is apparently getting some real love over the past few years. In for one!

EDIT: And that link to Food & Wine magazine does give some food pairing suggestions, for those who did wind up buying. :-)

rhmurphy

quality posts: 19 Private Messages rhmurphy

I liked the Albino Rhino, so I'm in for one.

Woot! Now 100+ woots for me!
That's 87 woots (Including Twelve Bats On Crack!), 12 Sellout.woots, 8 wine.woots and 4 kids.woots, and finally, 2 shirt.woots!

HeartbreakRidge

quality posts: 7 Private Messages HeartbreakRidge

oh what the hell, and I caused my first sellout to boot.