1 Whiskey Sour Pickles 24oz Jar
1 NYC Deli Pickles 24oz Jar

Website

Previous offer:
2/23/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Johnny1542

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Johnny1542

NOOOO!!!!! I missed the Petite!!!!!

thatheard

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thatheard

Monkey bits in a pickle jar? I'm in!

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc

Oh wine.woot how I hate thee right now... This is the only site I have never purchased something from because well... Nothing ships to me and I hate olives... Pickles on the other hand...

In for maybe one.. I need some reviews people!

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Please tell me these are awesome...since this is my first "first sucker" and I don't want to turn out to be a sucker!

rileyper

quality posts: 67 Private Messages rileyper

in for 1 set, had a jumbowoots coupon to use. nom nom nom i love pickles

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

I work at a Natural Market in NY, and we just started carrying these about 3 weeks ago. These are some delicious pickles actually.

Surprised to see them here on Woot!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

diburning

quality posts: 5 Private Messages diburning

Wow, $25 for 3 jars of pickles?

And I thought my Wickles were expensive at $5 a jar!

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr
time2testit wrote:Please tell me these are awesome...since this is my first "first sucker" and I don't want to turn out to be a sucker!

These are available at Amazon for $10 plus $7.25 shipping, or about $17.25.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Brooklyn-Brine-Co-Whiskey-Pickles/dp/B004YFK9LW/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1334207278&sr=1-1

So, at $8 and change per jar, I'd say you're no sucker. This is a very cheap way to try them.

january

quality posts: 41 Private Messages january

Does anyone know if these are cold-pack pickles or hot-pack?

zener

quality posts: 22 Private Messages zener

How long can I store these unopened?

rolede

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rolede

Got them last time. They SUCK.
Go to the Supermarket and the refrig section and buy "Ba Tampe" Garlic Dill

Hankshanker

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Hankshanker

Note to Shamus Jones: You know you've got some competition with The Pickle Guys on the Lower East Side. And they're cheaper too, if you don't count the airfare and the train to get there.

I'm in for six jars. You better not disappoint.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

When does sake.woot.com go live?

Can't get excited about pickles. Next please.....

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Ooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! I can use the jar opener that I bought on woot to open these once they get here !

that was fun while it lasted!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
rolede wrote:Got them last time. They SUCK.

Saying that they suck a review does not make.

Why did you not like the pickles?

that was fun while it lasted!

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr
rolede wrote:Got them last time. They SUCK.

Soooo ... you're saying you didn't like them, right?

NEXT ....

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

Pickles are cucumbers soaked in evil.

rolede

There was nothing outstanding in their taste.
I bought two of each, still have some left. Very plain in flavor, not much difference between each variety. Overall just sort of bland and unexciting.

I would not buy them again.

They are to pickles as Chef Boyardee Spaghetti is to a real Italian Rest. spaghetti

Now the BA Tampe, Garlic Dill -that's a pickle that will make you pucker, and as close to a true Delancey Street Pickle as you can get.
As a former New Yorker now in Fla, I should know.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bluejester wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in evil.

My ex loved pickles. My ex was balding. My son decided at an early age that pickles make you go bald. Still won't eat them. He's 21.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

No reviews on Amazon so they must be a new product there.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
bpr2 wrote:Saying that they suck a review does not make.

Why did you not like the pickles?

OK, here's a review. First I tried the NY Deli. They were far too vinegarry, if that's a word. The vinegar was so overpowering, I could barely finish them. But they were actually kind of edible, which the "Damn Spicy" are not.... These are so spicy that I really can't eat them. Have not tried the others, but not only will I never buy these again, I won't be trying any more "unknown" items from wine woot ever again, because I consider this offering that bad. And up until now, I have been a very loyal customer.

Actually these are not even as good as the far less'expensive standard Vlasic, etc. Pickles.

As someone else mentioned, if you want really good pickles, go with BaTemte, and they are not nearly as expensive as this awful offering.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
ThunderThighs wrote:My ex loved pickles. My ex was balding. My son decided at an early age that pickles make you go bald. Still won't eat them. He's 21.

I've been balding since I was about 23. I loved pickles as a kid but stopped eating them in my 20's and 30's. Maybe you're son is onto something. lol...

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

rolede

From Last Time_

Mar 9, 2012 11:03 PM
rolede
Got mine yesterday. A Big Disappointment-much a do about nothing special. Hardly any noticeable
difference between the three.

A waste of money.

Not much better than the common V******k brand found in most stores.

The Best brand and my favorite is Ba Temte Garlic Dill which is about as close as you can get to a true "Delancy Street" pickle

Mar 10, 2012 2:02 PM
speedoo
Yeah, very disappointing, definitely way over priced and not even close to the Ba Temte varieties or the Costco half sours.

Has to be among the worst wine woot deals ever.

Thunderthighs: Reformatted for readability

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
rolede wrote:There was nothing outstanding in their taste.
I bought two of each, still have some left. Very plain in flavor, not much difference between each variety. Overall just sort of bland and unexciting.

I would not buy them again.

They are to pickles as Chef Boyardee Spaghetti is to a real Italian Rest. spaghetti

Now the BA Tampe, Garlic Dill -that's a pickle that will make you pucker, and as close to a true Delancey Street Pickle as you can get.
As a former New Yorker now in Fla, I should know.

Yeah, I bought two sets last time too, because I really love good pickles. What a total waste of money. If only they were as good as Chef Boyardee, I might not be tossing the rest, but I just can't eat them when I know what a really good pickle should be like... BaTemte, as you said.

rootat127dot0dot0dot1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rootat127dot0dot0dot1
rolede wrote:
Now the BA Tampe, Garlic Dill

Ahhh, Ba Tampte means "tasty." They even have a touch of brettanomyces, like many fine Tuscan wines....

Sorry, no more room for pickles. Got a crock of home made full-sour garlic dills just finish fermenting.

mwparker2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mwparker2

These go for $10 a pound in the big pick-your-own barrels at the whole foods in NYC. So, from that perspective, this is a pretty solid deal.

I tried the Whiskey Sour recently; not sure if it was the power of suggestion or what, but it did remind me of a whiskey sour, albeit a spicy one. Had one on a sandwich today actually.

The wife and I liked the deli-style too, but we didn't feel like they were twice as good as the $4/lb store brand we usually buy.

I might be in, but I'll consult with her in the morning first.

mhenning

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mhenning
rootat127dot0dot0dot1 wrote:Ahhh, Ba Tampte means "tasty." They even have a touch of brettanomyces, like many fine Tuscan wines....

Dear lord, a pickle with Brett? That sound procreateing delicious. I wanna see those! (I'm used to brett from some beers, and now I also have to hunt down such a wine.)

I can't decide on these. I was in til I aw the comments and bad reviews, and now I have no idea what to do.

rafcon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages rafcon
january wrote:Does anyone know if these are cold-pack pickles or hot-pack?

The video shows steam coming from the brine as they are packing the pickles... I'm going with hot packed.

I got a fever... and the only prescription... is more woot!
  • Woots
  • More Woots
  • Even More Woots
  • And Counting...

rafcon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages rafcon

I feel like supporting an entrepreneur... I'm in for one. Did I just buy pickles on woot? Yes... Yes I did. I have a serious woot problem. ;-)

I got a fever... and the only prescription... is more woot!
  • Woots
  • More Woots
  • Even More Woots
  • And Counting...

Kao1138

quality posts: 30 Private Messages Kao1138

So.... if the damn spicy pickles are in a semi-sweet brine would they qualify as sweet pickles?

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

After you're done with the pickles, SAVE THE BRINE!

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
mschauber wrote:When does sake.woot.com go live?

Can't get excited about pickles. Next please.....

Amen.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite
rileyper wrote:in for 1 set, had a jumbowoots coupon to use. nom nom nom i love pickles

how do i get coupons?

bigdumbrobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdumbrobot

While I respect your opinion, I think it's unfair to call these pickles "bad". I've had BaTempte, and they are very delicious pickles, but... with my palette, they are a little bland, too. I really, really love vinegar. I have an incredibly high tolerance for spicy food (and spicy food lovers know, there's a "challenge" sometimes involved with hot food).

So, though you listed these as bad qualities, they're both selling points for me. Or, would be, if I hadn't left my card in the ATM. To each their own, my fellow Wooter. In the future, "I found them too sour and too spicy" is always better than "These things are bad."

I think they sound delectable. Please bring them back, Woot. I love you so.

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke

I pretty much agree with most others here. I ordered them last time and was very disappointed.

I didn't notice much of a difference between the three.

I will not be ordering them again.

Too bad, because I love pickles.

roni24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roni24

Is this woot for Snooki from Jersey Shore or what.

gnuman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gnuman

"fairly traded evaporated cane sugar"? So where is this plain white table sugar coming from that fair trade is a concern? If it isn't grown and processed in the USA, why not? We're paying massive sugar subsidies to keep domestic prices well above world market rates and keep imported sugar out.

I am, however, glad to see real cane sugar and not HFCS.

cksphd

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cksphd

I wonder if this wouldn't be too much of a cliche gift for a friend who just found out she is pregnant?