cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

A bottle of 2002 Ardente to bemoan the fact that I missed today's deal by minutes.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bolligra


quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
ddeuddeg wrote:With a sub: '04 Astrale e Terra Syrah. (Scott Harvey, winemaker). Yum!



I was in the cellar a couple of weeks ago and accidentally knocked a bottle of this on the cement floor. The neck broke and a good portion spilled, but I actually strained what was left in the bottle and drank it. Took a chance but it was worth it! I'm glad I still have a couple more.


As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

klezman


quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
loveladyelectric wrote:Elk is very lean. Don't get something overly tannic. I'd stick with a PS or Zin, maybe even a Syrah.



Well, it being a burger I added a little oil to keep it moist and delicious. Went with a 2006 Scott Harvey Reserve Zin. It was very tasty, but I'm very happy he's stopped adding port to his dry wines.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
losthighwayz wrote:2010 Babcock Pinot Noir, Rita's Earth



How was that? I've been wanting to visit Babcock for a while, but haven't made my way out there.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

last night I had Pedroncelli Sangiovese with sketti and meatballs

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

2008 Tenuta Monteti Caburnio Toscana IGT with eggplant parmesean, zucchini and fried goat cheese-topped salad.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tdedek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
kylemittskus wrote:2008 Tenuta Monteti Caburnio Toscana IGT with eggplant parmesean, zucchini and fried goat cheese-topped salad.



Man, that sounds great.

2010 Domaine Fond Croze Côtes du Rhône Cuvée Confidence - after about an hour of air, great QPR @ $10 per from WTSO Plat. Last one :/

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Probably a Jack and Diet Coke wherever we go after softball tonight.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
North316 wrote:Probably a Jack and Diet Coke wherever we go after softball tonight.



Jack?! Why not something with some body like Maker's? Knob Creek if they don't have Maker's. Jack if it's all they've got.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:Jack?! Why not something with some body like Maker's? Knob Creek if they don't have Maker's. Jack if it's all they've got.



Because I like Jack.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
North316 wrote:Because I like Jack.



I disagree with North.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
kylemittskus wrote:I disagree with North.



You're right. He doesn't like Jack.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

pseudogourmet98


quality posts: 15 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
kylemittskus wrote:Jack?! Why not something with some body like Maker's? Knob Creek if they don't have Maker's. Jack if it's all they've got.



Knob Creek with Coke?

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

An excellent Pinot that despite the crap filled horns and dancing naked virgins in the vineyard, I will be buying a bunch more of soon

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Crusher with salmon and jasmine rice and beet salad

jmdavidson


quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
tytiger58 wrote:An excellent Pinot that despite the crap filled horns and dancing naked virgins in the vineyard, I will be buying a bunch more of soon



You are referring to...?

jmdavidson


quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
mommadeb1 wrote:Crusher with salmon and jasmine rice and beet salad



What year? 2010? 2011?

rjquillin


quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:Crusher with salmon and jasmine rice and beet salad

The Orange, from Wilson Vineyard, or one of the other crushers?

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:An excellent Pinot that despite the crap filled horns and dancing naked virgins in the vineyard, I will be buying a bunch more of soon

Don't rile Kyle.

CT

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
jmdavidson wrote:What year? 2010? 2011?



2011

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
rjquillin wrote:The Orange, from Wilson Vineyard, or one of the other crushers?



2011 Wilson Vinyard

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
jmdavidson wrote:You are referring to...?



A PN we're going to see soon, I assume. And I'm going to light the boards up again and TT is going to yell at me.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

JOATMON


quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
kylemittskus wrote:A PN we're going to see soon, I assume. And I'm going to light the boards up again and TT is going to yell at me.



Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:A PN we're going to see soon, I assume. And I'm going to light the boards up again and TT is going to yell at me.



Indeed! but while you enrage and offend the good people on the boards I will sneak in and grab a few sets

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:Indeed! but while you enrage and offend the good people on the boards I will sneak in and grab a few sets



And that creates an issue because if you like it, I'll like it. But it it's BD, could I live with myself?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

neilfindswine


quality posts: 167 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

kylemittskus wrote:And that creates an issue because if you like it, I'll like it. But it it's BD, could I live with myself?



...this is a classic example of a "man vs. himself" conflict, much like Anakin Skywalker’s internal struggle in “Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith”.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

JOATMON


quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
JOATMON wrote:



Can images in posts be resized?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

cortot20


quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
neilfindswine wrote:...this is a classic example of a "man vs. himself" conflict, much like Anakin Skywalker’s internal struggle in “Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith”.



Except this one will be well written.

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin
JOATMON wrote:

speaking of classic

CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:And that creates an issue because if you like it, I'll like it. But it it's BD, could I live with myself?



Which one can't you live with..the crap filled horns or the dancing virgins??

I apologize if I have offended anyone!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

2008 Inspirations Zin and 2009 HJ. Fabre Reserva Malbec. The Malbec could've used a few more years, but not bad.

klezman


quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:And that creates an issue because if you like it, I'll like it. But it it's BD, could I live with myself?



I probably will too...but not having had the tasting opportunity, I can likely relatively easily skip it

Oh yeah...tonight was a bottle of 2006 Leon Beyer 2006 Alsace Pinot Noir. Delicious, and a great buy from invino using referral credits.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chipgreen


quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

2011 Red Zeppelin Chateau d'Abalone (Grenache Blanc), Hall Ranch Vineyard with friends and chicken flautas for dinner.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

JOATMON


quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
chipgreen wrote:



Uh, how did you do that? I can't see the code, because you quoted it.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
JOATMON wrote:Uh, how did you do that? I can't see the code, because you quoted it.



PM ( unrelated ) for you

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

chipgreen


quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen
JOATMON wrote:Uh, how did you do that? I can't see the code, because you quoted it.


Ah, I didn't think of that. I just did this....

[img=150x150]

cjsiege


quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

2011 Aveleda Fonte Vinho Verde. Like any good Vinho Verde, it's tasty and inexpensive. Frizzante nature. White wine spritzer in a bottle. Lots of green apple and lemony zest on the mid palate. Long finish. Yummy! Goes fab with the take-out pork fried rice.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Triacipedis III with some sort of asian boneless chicken thighs and portabello mushroom rissotto.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

2003 Twisted Oak Granche