funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

To start the night off - Mathieu-Gandon Esprit Rose

2009 Ty's Red with dinner and 007.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:Thoughts?

We drank the bottle with a grilled ribeye and assorted grilled vegetables and I was surprised by how much fruit was showing for such a young bottle, the alcohol was also completely hidden. More than enough acid and I liked the tannin kick. I had the 06 a few months ago and it was completely closed down behind a wall of tannin. That being said I liked it a lot and I will drink the rest of them sooner than later. Did you love or hate yours?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:We drank the bottle with a grilled ribeye and assorted grilled vegetables and I was surprised by how much fruit was showing for such a young bottle, the alcohol was also completely hidden. More than enough acid and I liked the tannin kick. I had the 06 a few months ago and it was completely closed down behind a wall of tannin. That being said I liked it a lot and I will drink the rest of them sooner than later. Did you love or hate yours?

Absolutely LOVED it. I only have 1 more. Wish I'd bought 6. Beautiful fruit, chocolate, tannin structure, alcohol hidden completely. I'm all about this wine.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

kylemittskus wrote:Absolutely LOVED it. I only have 1 more. Wish I'd bought 6. Beautiful fruit, chocolate, tannin structure, alcohol hidden completely. I'm all about this wine.

Agreed! You know finding a great bottle of Borolo really makes me want to hunt down more. Damn this habit

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:Agreed! You know finding a great bottle of Borolo really makes me want to hunt down more. Damn this habit

I am all about Barolo these days. It's everything I want in wine. Structure, elegance, fruit + inorganic tones, age-worthy, etc.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Finishing up those Cab Frank's I opened up a few nights ago. The Hahn '07 is actually drinking well, if a bit fruity. No complaints for the tariff on woot. Most assuredly not a Barolo.

CT

tytiger58

kylemittskus wrote:I am all about Barolo these days. It's everything I want in wine. Structure, elegance, fruit + inorganic tones, age-worthy, etc.

Well seeing how 20.6 percent of my cellar is now Italian we should think about an Italian themed party

kylemittskus

2011 Bedrock Old Vine Zin with chili

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco
kylemittskus wrote:I am all about Barolo these days. It's everything I want in wine. Structure, elegance, fruit + inorganic tones, age-worthy, etc.

Going through my collection recently, I was surprised by the amount of nebbiolo that I'm racking up myself.
I've had a few from 2005 that are drinking great. They've all required a 2hr decant, but it's worth the wait!

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

Heading to the Poconos this afternoon w/ friends, and I've settled on a "Mountain Wines" theme for a skiing weekend. Wines from Etna, Savoie, Switzerland, and ... Missouri. Mmm, Norton.

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

2005 Woot Cellars Emergency Holiday Provisions

Lost some of it's oomf, but still drinking well. Should probably drink these sooner than later

kylemittskus

beefytaco wrote:Heading to the Poconos this afternoon w/ friends, and I've settled on a "Mountain Wines" theme for a skiing weekend. Wines from Etna, Savoie, Switzerland, and ... Missouri. Mmm, Norton.

Love Mt. Etna!

tytiger58

Decanting 2010 Carlisle Two Acres

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

The CRUSHER!

It's meh...went with the fish that we had for dinner, but not a whole lot there...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

Bowtie, going out for sushi/sashimi; I'll be thinking of you if he sake is decent.

CT

randysanders

quality posts: 4 Private Messages randysanders

Last night was a good time. 2007 Chappellet
Signature Cab., 2009 Earthquake Zin., 2009 Michael David Gluttony, and some Champagne (OK, Sparkling Wine).

cortot20

quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20

Last night and tonight: Castoro cellars Tj's petit reserve Viognier and WCC blitzen. The blitzen really does not come across as a Caton wine, even less so than the Racchus blends. A solid table style wine that for the price is pretty great.

Tomorrow night is a steak and potato night and the wine is........TBA

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 180 Private Messages chipgreen
otolith wrote:The CRUSHER!

It's meh...went with the fish that we had for dinner, but not a whole lot there...

This year's or last year's?

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2

2010 Blockheadia Ringnosii Petite Sirah Top of the Block

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

2005 Armida Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve with steaks, twice baked potatoes, spinach souffle stuffed tomatoes and ceasar salad.

A 2004 Coume del Mas Quintessence Banyuls wigh Giardelli brownies after.

Happy late Valentine's Day.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

otolith

chipgreen wrote:This year's or last year's?

This.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

Burgundy! To go with the duck breasts.

2005 Olivier Leflaive Pommard 1er Cru Rugiens.

Looked like a little seepage past the cork. Nose was in your face petrol and barnyard at first. Ad me worried that it might be bad...it really opened up to be a very pleasant, elegant wine. SWMBO really enjoyed it as well.

--John Muir

chipgreen

otolith wrote:This.

Darn, I have a case of it coming - hope I like it better than you did!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

18 year Genlivet and 16 year Lagavulin scotch. The latter preferred by both dad and I

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz

chipgreen wrote:Darn, I have a case of it coming - hope I like it better than you did!

I didn't like it at first though it was chilled once it reached room temperature wife and I enjoyed it.

chipgreen

Ohio's own Terra Cotta Vineyards "Country Ridge" red table wine, a Chambourcin/Cab Franc blend + a bottle of Radog Riesling and a magnum of Hunt Country Vineyards "Foxy Lady" white, a Niagara/Vignoles blend.

chipgreen

losthighwayz wrote:I didn't like it at first though it was chilled once it reached room temperature wife and I enjoyed it.

I'll be sure to drink it at cellar temp instead of refrigerating, thanks for the tip - I also seem to remember people saying something similar about last year's vintage.

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes

Glenmorangie Ealanta

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

losthighwayz

karenhynes wrote:Glenmorangie Ealanta

Say what?

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:18 year Genlivet and 16 year Lagavulin scotch. The latter preferred by both dad and I

Fox liked the 12 year cask strength, but I'll take the 16 year from Costco @ $52 for price alone.

Finished off the Hahn and Puydeval CF's. Quite pleased with both and glad there are more in the racks.

Lagavulin 16 year and Candy basket truffles..

CT

rjquillin

karenhynes wrote:Glenmorangie Ealanta

The Artein and Nectar D'or are also quite nice.

CT

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes
rjquillin wrote:The Artein and Nectar D'Or are also quite nice.

Indeed, they are!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:
Finished off the Hahn and Puydeval CF's. Quite pleased with both and glad there are more in the racks.

Lagavulin 16 year and Candy basket truffles..

That Hahn CF had some crazy good QPR and speaking of the Candy Basket truffles, they pair wonderfully with the wine that's about to go on sale in less than 5 minutes!

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:That Hahn CF had some crazy good QPR and speaking of the Candy Basket truffles, they pair wonderfully with the wine that's about to go on sale in less than 5 minutes!

so where are the tn's?

CT

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:so where are the tn's?

Took me a few minutes to get them posted as I was struggling to get WW to accept my payment. For some reason they don't seem to like my PayPal account anymore.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chipgreen wrote:Took me a few minutes to get them posted as I was struggling to get WW to accept my payment. For some reason they don't seem to like my PayPal account anymore.

We're updated/improved our verification process. Make sure your address for PayPal matches what you have on Woot.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders