kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
losthighwayz wrote:Mayweateher-Canelo fight with 2009 Wilson Roger's Fault and a chilled red/white blend to be disclosed later....

I hope it's Syrah/Vio...

Johnnie Walker Platinum for me tonight.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
klezman wrote:I think I saw it as "definitely too late to be pre-fast" at whatever time I looked last night post-services.

Not knowing exactly when he had eaten, or what time he posted (with these silly approximate times that apparently are never going away), or what time sundown was where Kyle lives, I figured around 7PM, give or take, and he was probably OK. But what's a goy like me know, anyway. Enough not to sit in judgment of someone else's religious practices, but that's about it.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

kylemittskus wrote:Johnnie Walker Platinum for me tonight.

Way to break the fast!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
ddeuddeg wrote:If you're looking for more details then Klezman provided, I found Judaism 101 quite enlightening.

Cliff notes are nice, but your link is now bookmarked; lot's to peruse. tnx

CT

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:Not knowing exactly when he had eaten, or what time he posted (with these silly approximate times that apparently are never going away), or what time sundown was where Kyle lives, I figured around 7PM, give or take, and he was probably OK. But what's a goy like me know, anyway. Enough not to sit in judgment of someone else's religious practices, but that's about it.

Kol Nidrei here started at 6:30pm. Shofar blowing tonight is 7:45pm. Going back to shul in about 1.5 hours for the final round of praying.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Cliff notes are nice, but your link is now bookmarked; lot's to peruse. tnx

I also figured you could pepper me with questions next time we meet, which is maximum 2 weeks.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:I also figured you could pepper me with questions next time we meet, which is maximum 2 weeks.

Don't really know where to start, but I'll ask one now, is this 25 or 26 hours long? That link suggests 25.
And then there's always the politics of Canada, but not here.

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Add 2010 Georges Cotes Du Roussillon...have no idea when/where I bought this

"The older I get the better I was"

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Gazzi 2008 Pinot Noir

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Tonight

95 Latour
94 95 Chateau Margaux
94 95 Pichon Longueville Lalande
94 L'Evangile
85 Graham Vintage Port

Is Michigan a ship to state? If so I'm moving niece's wedding

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cortot20

quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20

Several things but thanks to sparky a glass of 07' IH wedding cuvée.

CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Don't really know where to start, but I'll ask one now, is this 25 or 26 hours long? That link suggests 25.
And then there's always the politics of Canada, but not here.

If you can manage to finish dinner the minute Kol Nidrei starts, you can get away with 25h15 (at least at my shul this year). By the time you take travel time and cooking/cleaning into account it's almost always 26 in practice.

Molarchae and I are going to either open a bottle of dessert wine, or I'm going to have some Edradour Ballechin.

losthighwayz

kylemittskus wrote:I hope it's Syrah/Vio...

Johnnie Walker Platinum for me tonight.

You are off. Waaaaay off. I was pleasantly surprised by the wine....

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen
klezman wrote:Short version - to atone for our sins on an annual basis we fast and "afflict our souls" in the hopes to bring us closer to god and attain an inscription in the book of happy healthy life for another year. At some point the rabbis judged that "afflicting our souls" meant no water as well as no food.

That beats self-flagellation (no pun intended).

Another silly, throw-away remark on my part but mother will probably show up and go all Opus Dei on my ass for it.

chipgreen

NV Stever Hill Traminette (Finger Lakes, NY)
2011 Woot Cellars Triacipedis
2008 Harvest Moon Late Harvest Zinfandel

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:Several things but thanks to sparky a glass of 07' IH wedding cuvée.

This one ....

Yes, that's the same 3L IH Wedding Cuvee as zTimBz, D-dog, bahwm, WD, and I gave to Cat & Eric for their engagement last year.

This one I gave to my nephew on his wedding last year to a wonderful woman, one I'm now happy to call my niece!

They decided to open it tonight for their 1-year Anniversary. Which pleased me, since I was able to make more room with it out of the wine locker.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

chipgreen wrote:That beats self-flagellation (no pun intended).

Another silly, throw-away remark on my part but mother will probably show up and go all Opus Dei on my ass for it.

Wrong religion. I think you meant all Mossad on your ...

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chipgreen

MarkDaSpark wrote:Wrong religion. I think you meant all Mossad on your ...

...or just plain medieval!

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

06 Jana Old Vine Zin with filet mignon for my husband's birthday celebration.

klezman

Started with a glass of JL Quinson 2011 Rosé (Provence). Not as fleshy as the 2012, but still nice and refreshing. Now on to a 2008 Cuda Ridge Livermore Merlot. Not what I'd call a typical Merlot, but it's fairly big, fruity, acidic, but in the blue fruit range and so not overripe to my tastes. I wonder if they got advice from Ty on their winemaking.

ddeuddeg

klezman wrote:Started with a glass of JL Quinson 2011 Rosé (Provence). Not as fleshy as the 2012, but still nice and refreshing. Now on to a 2008 Cuda Ridge Livermore Merlot. Not what I'd call a typical Merlot, but it's fairly big, fruity, acidic, but in the blue fruit range and so not overripe to my tastes. I wonder if they got advice from Ty on their winemaking.

Does this mean you like what Ty does with Merlot? I happen to like his Upper Bench Merlot more than most.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Does this mean you like what Ty does with Merlot? I happen to like his Upper Bench Merlot more than most.

Do you?

5 -- 2006 Ty Caton Merlot Upper Bench Caton Vineyard
6 -- 2008 Ty Caton Merlot Upper Bench Caton Vineyard
5 -- 2009 Ty Caton Merlot Upper Bench Caton Vineyard

And that's not including Wine Club shipments (for 3 years) and anything from the last year on Woot!

I'll have to make sure we open one when you are in the area!

klezman

ddeuddeg wrote:Does this mean you like what Ty does with Merlot? I happen to like his Upper Bench Merlot more than most.

I was mostly referring to the "big fruit, ripe (but not overly so) flavours, big acid" combination, not that it tasted like Ty's Merlot. Since you asked, though, yes, I do like his Merlot as well as his Malbec. The latter a bit more, iirc. However, I'm out of Ty Merlot and only got one bottle of Malbec remaining. His prices just make me sad, even at 50% off they're barely worth it, imo. Sigh.

losthighwayz

Pennyfarthing Rose ((Wine Smith)...

ddeuddeg

klezman wrote:His prices just make me sad, even at 50% off they're barely worth it, imo. Sigh.

Seriously. You should live in Buffalo, where you get to pay $19 shipping for one 2011 Upper Bench Merlot and one 2011 TyTanium. And the club price is nowhere near 50% off. At least he still ships to NY.

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:Pennyfarthing Rose ((Wine Smith)...

Is this then confirmation of a GSO delivery?
Really like the Barbera at the price we paid.

CT

tytiger58

2005 Vino Noceto Sangiovese Misto drinking perfectly Thanks Klez!

klezman

tytiger58 wrote:2005 Vino Noceto Sangiovese Misto drinking perfectly Thanks Klez!

My pleasure!

I gotta get home shortly so I can pick a dinner and a wine to go with! No idea what at this point.

klezman

ddeuddeg wrote:Seriously. You should live in Buffalo...

According to our CEO who grew up in Buffalo, this is a categorically incorrect statement

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

2006 Monteti Monteti Toscana: Petit verdot 50%
Cabernet franc 30%
Cabernet sauvignon 20%

tytiger58

jmdavidson wrote:2006 Monteti Monteti Toscana: Petit verdot 50%
Cabernet franc 30%
Cabernet sauvignon 20%

I remember liking that one, first tried that back in the Lot 18 voucher days. Best thing I discovered from Lot 18 was the Caburino.

losthighwayz

rjquillin wrote:Is this then confirmation of a GSO delivery?
Really like the Barbera at the price we paid.

Yup! Unlike Klez I really enjoyed this esp. For the $5 tag! Wish I would have ordered a full case. Anyway, looking forward to trying the Barbera...Wine Smith becoming a must given the QPR.

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:Yup! Unlike Klez I really enjoyed this esp. For the $5 tag! Wish I would have ordered a full case. Anyway, looking forward to trying the Barbera...Wine Smith becoming a must given the QPR.

well, it's not like he's sold out of it.
Did you get a credit on your CC from WS?

CT

klezman

losthighwayz wrote:Yup! Unlike Klez I really enjoyed this esp. For the $5 tag! Wish I would have ordered a full case. Anyway, looking forward to trying the Barbera...Wine Smith becoming a must given the QPR.

I haven't tried any of those! Not sure which you're talking about. I've had the Faux Chablis, which I tremendously enjoyed, and the Diamond Ridge Cab Franc, which is also excellent. I'm looking forward to trying the Barbera and PN. The only one I didn't like that I've tried was the PF Rose.

Oh yeah...we decided to open a 2006 Twisted Oak Murgatroyd. Nom nom nom

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
losthighwayz wrote:Pennyfarthing Rose ((Wine Smith)...

I'm hoisting a glass of Pennyfarthing Pinot Noir at this moment, cannot beat this stuff for the price. Nice old world styled Pinot, needs a little time to breath, but once it opens up, very nice.

kylemittskus

Tonight with dinner: 2005 R. Merlo Estate Vineyards Syrah

ddeuddeg

klezman wrote:According to our CEO who grew up in Buffalo, this is a categorically incorrect statement

a) Your CEO is categorically mistaken, possibly even delusional.
b) I assume your wink is intended to dissuade me from complaining about taking a portion of what I said out of context. I'll grant you that one.

ddeuddeg

Has anyone noticed that we went over 100 pages on this thread, and the sky hasn't fallen?

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:Has anyone noticed that we went over 100 pages on this thread, and the sky hasn't fallen?

Didn't TT chime in a few pages back and affirm we no longer had the 100 page limit since this went into the 'cloud'.

CT

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Didn't TT chime in a few pages back and affirm we no longer had the 100 page limit since this went into the 'cloud'.

Yep.