beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

Could be a fun ongoing thread... there's something similar over on Berzerkers, but I figured this place would be a bit more ... "realistic?"

Today has been a long day of painting the apartment. Celebrating in a bit with a simple, everyday Fuilelatte champagne - https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=45534
Affordable and easy, it won't blow you away like a 1996 Krug, but sometimes you just want a Budweiser!

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

2 nights ago: 2005 Patrick Lesec Rubis CdP. After an hour decant, disappointing. High VA, short finish, light to medium bodied. I think it may have been an off bottle.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

2006 Andersons Conn Valley Estate Reserve

Beautiful

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

In honor of Game of Thrones, and in the spirit of drinking down my wine cellar, '05 Black Zeppelin.

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

Caribou coffee. No wine tonight, too beat from yard work and first grass cutting of the year. I really need to start exercising over the winter!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
chipgreen wrote:Caribou coffee. No wine tonight, too beat from yard work and first grass cutting of the year. I really need to start exercising over the winter!

Oh man +1 x 100

6 hours worth of yard work today and yesterday I walked all over the timber looking for mushrooms but I was a week early. Will have to go back out to the farm this weekend and see if they're up. I am EXHAUSTED! and as such, I'm drinking Iced Tea.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Had a Sam Adams Black and Brew (Coffee Stout) as a started. We had a 2004 Little Vineyards Cabernet with dinner. And then sharing a couple of Scotches, a 24 yo Linkwood and a 25 yo Caol Ila (blame it on Corrado). At this point, I am one happy bear.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Too much wine last night at the Shakespeare in Delaware Park Fabulous Feast Dinner & Auction. Not what we normally drink, but it was decent. Tonight: water. Plain and simple! Need to detox a bit and deal with an emerging cold!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin

Tonight, Rooibos chai, but if last night counts the 2004 Gazzi PN liter by SH, Quixote PS from TJ's, 2010 Brancott SB, 2010 Fess Parker Santa Barbara Riesling and some 2004 Pedroncelli four grapes port. Yeah, we had company over and it was time to do some cleaning out. The Gazzi and Quixote were both very well received, as was surprisingly the Fess Parker with it's sweeter side for the ladies. The Brancott was the weak offering. Started off with some of the Cypress Grove goat cheeses with a dollop of balsamic, yum! The vintage port and those pesky caramels WW taunts us with were a fine finish.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20

Opened a bottle of the lance and windmill PS with the family for dinner and it was a hit. Couldn't drink much of it myself because I had about an hour and a half drive home after dinner but my brother and sister in law had no problem finishing the bottle for me.

CT

kylemittskus

Decanting 2009 Château Gigognan Côtes du Rhône Vigne du Prieuré

with burgers, sweet potato fries, and some friends for a birthday. I'll report back.

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

Tonight was:
2008 Patton Valley Estate Pinot
https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=872135 and a 375 of Shaya Rueda
https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=896352

The first was an amazing deal as a $20 Garagiste mystery wine; the latter - I wish it had been a full bottle.

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

kylemittskus

Sierra Nevada

cortot20

Sam Adams alpine spring

CT

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

Answering for Saturday as that was special.

Had a 1962 Château Coufran (Haut-Médoc) with dinner and a 1962 Château Caillou (Sauternes) with dessert. Both were excellent!

I was particularly impressed with how well the Coufran had held up. The cork came out dark but totally firm. And the wine had the nerve to develop some more in the decanter!

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

jdhart306

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdhart306

Nothing like ibyron's.... But after a long day at work I decided to break out something special. The grocery store had filet on sale so I decided it was time for some Scott Harvey 1869... What a treat

tytiger58

Tonight...

2008 Torre Quarto Bottaccia Nero Di Troia

Last one

kylemittskus

Beer tonight. Pulled for tomorrow:

2007 DeLille Cellars Syrah Doyenne

I have high hopes for this wine.

tytiger58

2003 ridge ponzo vineyard zin.

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
tytiger58 wrote:2003 ridge ponzo vineyard zin.

Almost pulled a Hawley Ponzo zin tonight. Weird.

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

goose island 312 wheat ale... pretty good stuff i might add...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

cortot20

2006 Scott Harvey - reserve old vine zin.
Still a little porty on the nose but its fading and letting the fruit through quite nicely.

Was not an ideal pairing to chicken and dumplings. :p

CT

kylemittskus

Plans changed. 2004 Oppolo Barbera/Sangiovese with pizza.

Meh. Pretty red-fruited nose. Palate is medium bodied with red fruits. Short finish. 86 points. Some raisins are coming through as it opens in the glass, which I don't mind at all, although kind of an odd turn after the initial profile.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Some Glenlevit 21 to close the night down and celebrate the life that Thomas Kinkade had.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

tytiger58

2008 C. Donatiello Floodgate Vineyard Block 15 Pinot Noir

California but no where near over the top..delicious! A steal for $22

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes

2008 Kent Rasmussen Esoterica Petite Sirah....dark, inky, delicious!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

kylemittskus

karenhynes wrote:2008 Kent Rasmussen Esoterica Petite Sirah....dark, inky, delicious!

Ah!!!!! You killed a baby!

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes
kylemittskus wrote:Ah!!!!! You killed a baby!

...and it was delicious!!!

(I have more to age....but they are also delicious when young and fruity.)

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm
tytiger58 wrote:2003 ridge ponzo vineyard zin.

very nice. We had a 2002 Wm. Harrison Cabernet Sauvignon - with stuffed boneless leg of lamb. A lovely wine, but still youthful. Awake, but growing. I'm going to wait 4-5 years before even thinking about opening the remaining bottles.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Hunt Country Foxy Lady.

Meh... Taste like Passover wine, oh wait....

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

kylemittskus

2008 Gazzi PN

Sour cranberries, nice acid, a bit light for my palate, but certainly a nice wine for the $$. 86.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Still enjoying a 2003 Beaulieu Vineyard Rutherford Cabernet. Have to say I am very impressed with how well this has aged.

Decanted for about half an hour. Nose displayed a lively array of dark red and blue fruit. On the palate wonderful ripe and sweet tannins danced around with tasty dark red and blue fruit, nice blueberry thing going on, bit of Rutherford dust, baking spice, hints of dark chocolate, exceedingly well balanced. Enjoyable lingering slightly spicy dark cherry finish. Went great with home made slow cooked beef stew.

Happy Easter!

cortot20

2007 humanitas weed farm syrah
Well received by the one other person who had a glass. Left the other 1/2 bottle for tomorrow night.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin

2004 Gazzi PN, the 1L offering. Nice.

CT

tytiger58

rpm wrote:very nice. We had a 2002 Wm. Harrison Cabernet Sauvignon - with stuffed boneless leg of lamb. A lovely wine, but still youthful. Awake, but growing. I'm going to wait 4-5 years before even thinking about opening the remaining bottles.

The Ridge was also quite fresh, interesting this is the second time I have heard recently how good Wm. Harrison Cabs are will have to seek some out.

tytiger58

kylemittskus wrote:Beer tonight. Pulled for tomorrow:

2007 DeLille Cellars Syrah Doyenne

I have high hopes for this wine.

Did you try this one?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Well, we had a Red Zeppelin Rosé of Grenache & Syrah (Dry), Scott Harvey Zinfandel Amador County Mountain Selection, Sparkling Pink Moscato, Sparkling Banfi, & some Bogle PS Port to finish.

Now if I could only remember where I parked the car!!! Oh, and the years on the wines.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:Did you try this one?

Nope. Back to sleep it goes.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

forgot to post last night. Thanks to PB, I had the Inzinerator. It was really yummy, so yummy there is none left for tonight!! Thanks PB!

tytiger58

I think tonight in honor of Kyle's upcoming first child, and the fact he will be to tired to drink much for the next few years...

N.V. Jose Dhondt Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut

And congrats Kyle!