$44.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 3 2009 Martian Ranch Grenache
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

pH and oak treatment, please?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

lalaclassic

quality posts: 51 Private Messages lalaclassic

One bottle in front and two in the background?

Woot... Come on... You know I would rather have the right side up one in front and the two in the back upside down...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lalaclassic wrote:One bottle in front and two in the background?

Woot... Come on... You know I would rather have the right side up one in front and the two in the back upside down...

Our photographers live on the wild side.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

sunshine on my shouldersot.com (guy-OH) says "Made in a particularly robust style of rosé, this wine boasts a gorgeous, deep ruby color. On the nose, it offers cherry candy and wild strawberry aromas. It is mouth-filling without being too robust, with berry flavors and a pleasing cranberry bitterness at the back of the palate. Serve with wood-fired pizzas, grilled beef, falafel, fish tacos or just about any other full-bodied summer food.

Sounds nice, but they only give it 14/20 which is "Good".

http://www.sunshine on my shouldersot.com/wine/top10roses/martian-ranch-vineyard2009grenache-rose.html

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

bolligra

bolligra wrote:sunshine on my shouldersot.com (guy-OH) says "Made in a particularly robust style of rosé, this wine boasts a gorgeous, deep ruby color. On the nose, it offers cherry candy and wild strawberry aromas. It is mouth-filling without being too robust, with berry flavors and a pleasing cranberry bitterness at the back of the palate. Serve with wood-fired pizzas, grilled beef, falafel, fish tacos or just about any other full-bodied summer food.

http://www.sunshine on my shouldersot.com/wine/top10roses/martian-ranch-vineyard2009grenache-rose.html

Note: That should be g-a-y-o-t.com, without the dashes. Somehow my iPad, then my desktop computer, keep substituting sunshineonmyshoulders for the word "g-a-y"! Wonder what's up with that? Are you doing that, Woot?

stratma

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stratma
bolligra wrote:sunshine on my shouldersot.com (guy-OH) says "Made in a particularly robust style of rosé, this wine boasts a gorgeous, deep ruby color. On the nose, it offers cherry candy and wild strawberry aromas. It is mouth-filling without being too robust, with berry flavors and a pleasing cranberry bitterness at the back of the palate. Serve with wood-fired pizzas, grilled beef, falafel, fish tacos or just about any other full-bodied summer food.

review link changed by woot filter!?

Looks like that review is for the rosé.

I did not find much on this wine.

"...my favorites were the Grenache and Syrah. The Grenache was fragrant, light and delicate. Rather nice and made completely naturally."
spiltwine.com

"...great name, nice people, and a really tasty Grenache."
evewine101.com

"This is definitely a wine you can sink your teeth into! Rich, concentrated dark-berry flavors and notes of spices like cloves and cinnamon lead to a bone-dry finish that goes on and on. "
clubw.com

Edit: and another one:
"Martian Vineyard's 2009 Grenache is a standout, showing dusty berries and cherries on the nose and a very earthy minerality on the palate. At $24, it's well worth the price."
nowandzin.com

aranio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aranio
Cesare wrote:Martian Ranch & Vineyard Grenache
$44.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 3 2009 Martian Ranch Grenache
CT link above

Winery website

Cesare's link didn't work for me, but I found the wine here:

2009 Martian Ranch Grenache

46&2

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 46&2

Only dual-core? Oh well, I hear it has a quad core gpu and four times the pixels.

bolligra

stratma wrote:Looks like that review is for the rosé.

Oops, my mistake. I was pretty sleepy when I posted that. They should take my quality post back.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

I haven't tried this one yet, but it's another Rhone varietal sourced from Camp 4 vineyards in Santa Ynez, so I'm anxious to taste.

Demetria's Mike Roth recently took on winemaker duties at Martian Ranch, and any place that he's associated with interests me...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

danzigdan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danzigdan

They don't mention the Martian Ranch, but if you are afraid of Grenache, there's a lot to like about it as this recent article suggests:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/02/26/FD861NAMKJ.DTL

I'm in for a three-pack!

guljor94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guljor94

nevermind. realized someone posted already what i was going to. don't seem to be able to delete a comment once posted.

glad WW didn't post grape juice for april fools.

bolligra

bolligra wrote:Oops, my mistake. I was pretty sleepy when I posted that. They should take my quality post back.

And they did!!

bolligra

There's no activity at all here today. I feel sorry for the winery. All of Woot Nation seems to be camped at the main site waiting for their chance at at Bunnies Ogling Carrots

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

bolligra wrote:There's no activity at all here today. I feel sorry for the winery. All of Woot Nation seems to be camped at the main site waiting for their chance at at Bunnies Ogling Carrots

Yup, pretty quiet here tonight. What's in your glass this eve?

grapenutz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages grapenutz
neilfindswine wrote:Yup, pretty quiet here tonight. What's in your glass this eve?

Scott Harvey, 1869.

jimjacks66

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jimjacks66
neilfindswine wrote:Yup, pretty quiet here tonight. What's in your glass this eve?

A Washington wine: 2009 Covington Cellars, Primitivo, Stone Creek Vineyard.

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

jimjacks66 wrote:A Washington wine: 2009 Covington Cellars, Primitivo, Stone Creek Vineyard.

Wow...a Washington Primitivo.. How is it? I'm chewing on a glass of 07 Andrew Murray Terra Bella Syrah...

jimjacks66

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jimjacks66
neilfindswine wrote:Wow...a Washington Primitivo.. How is it? I'm chewing on a glass of 07 Andrew Murray Terra Bella Syrah...

It was released Fall 2011 as part of a club member release. It is surprisingly good with a nice combo of fruit and spice. Alcohol is 15% which is typical for Zin. My only bottle unfortunately.

Anything from Andrew Murray is good. :-)

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

How about an unofficial woot clue? Like the old days?

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

Thinking a bit of winery participation may have helped, a little. Jus' sayin'...
or RATS.

Humm, finish off the Pedroncelli four grape port we opened last night?

CT

trifecta

2010 Concannon Reserve Chardonnay. Used for cooking seared halibut with white wine mushroom sauce. One of the best QPR chards I have found yet at my $14 club price.

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

...we all need a glass to guide us through the rough waters...

lmacschaf

quality posts: 16 Private Messages lmacschaf

Have tried this wine on a few occasions and really dig it. I know the vineyard well that the grapes are sourced from - Estelle Vineyard, very close to Camp 4 Vineyard, where I get some of my grenache from. It is a warmer climate vineyard, so the wines from here tend to be more fruit forward with great spice elements as well.

I know Nan, the owner of Martian Ranch, and she truly is committed to putting out top quality stuff. Not sure of the oak treatment or chemistry of the wine - really wish I was . . .

But to me, it's certainly worth a flyer - and it's less than $15 per bottle . . .

And here's a link to the grenache write up on their site:

http://www.martianvineyard.com/our-wines/grenache/

Cheers!

larry schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com

trifecta

neilfindswine wrote:...we all need a glass to guide us through the rough waters...

Sextant?

bolligra

Diet Pepsi!