North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mschauber wrote:If you're going to reduce one, reduce the bench. Too many good utility players out there and limiting to one doesn't seem right.

EDIT: PS, thanks for your explanation

Disagree. The "Utility" spot is a very light position. Maybe you don't really understand how that position work's in fantasy sports, but is basically just a free spot to put any hitter in, regardless of their actual position. Very very few decent players qualify only as "Utility" in the fantasy world. These would basically be strictly DH's who don't play in the field. That is a maximum of 14 viable everyday "Utility" only players (one for each AL team), and a lot of teams don't have an everyday DH, it is more of a platoon position or a semi-day off position. True "utility" players, by a baseball definition aren't listed as utility players in fantasy, but are rather listed with multiple position designation (SS, 2B, 3B, RF, as an example) and can be played as any one of those positions rather than at the Utility position.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

Live draft set for Sunday evening @ 6pm PST, 9pm EST. Have those pre-draft rankings complete by then!

Here are the brave souls who have accepted the challenge this year:

There's No Wineing in Baseball

Red Division

Diamonds of Uranus - javadrinker
Two Buck Chuck - tenuki
Cellar Dwellers - chipgreen
The Cubbies - mschauber
U-Bet -
BioDynamics - Merbill
Corked1 - tytiger58

White Division

ATLiens -
Brains or Braun? - Chukon99
I'd Rather Be Flying - sdilullo
Corked Bats - catfishhunters99
RubberBalls&Liquor - RaiderSPE
Woot 4 the Home Team - duckduckgoose
North316 - North316

I'm pretty sure tytiger and catfishhunters99 are in here, I'm just not sure which team is thiers. I'll edit in the woot handles of the others as I find out who they are.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
merbill wrote:Live draft set for Sunday evening @ 6pm PST, 9pm EST. Have those pre-draft rankings complete by then!

Here are the brave souls who have accepted the challenge this year:

There's No Wineing in Baseball

Red Division

Diamonds of Uranus - javadrinker
Two Buck Chuck - tenuki
Cellar Dwellers - chipgreen
The Cubbies - mschauber
U-Bet
BioDynamics - Merbill

Corked1

White Division

ATLiens
Brains or Braun? - Chukon99
I'd Rather Be Flying - sdilullo
Corked Bats
RubberBalls&Liquor
Woot 4 the Home Team
North316 - North316

I'm pretty sure tytiger and catfishhunters99 are in here, I'm just not sure which team is thiers. I'll edit in the woot handles of the others as I find out who they are.

I'm corked1 this year

Maybe i can do better than dead last this time..

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

merbill

Live draft tonight @ 6 pacific, 9 eastern.

Be there or be autopicked. Finish up your pre-draft rankings.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
merbill wrote:Live draft tonight @ 6 pacific, 9 eastern.

Be there or be autopicked. Finish up your pre-draft rankings.

Oops, totally forgot, ah well, will be interesting to check out my team tomorrow.

CT

RaiderSPE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RaiderSPE

Rubber balls is me.

Had a busy weekend and did not see that the draft was scheduled for Sunday, ugh.

North316

If it makes you feel any better, I was there and don't feel like it was one of my better drafts. That's what trades are for right?

My CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

I was there for 3 rounds before I had to leave...and I still suck

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

chukon99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chukon99

Brains or Braun? Well, I guess that Yahoo's computers thought the latter was more appropriate for me. I did log on in time for rounds 5-22, but after looking at who I picked, I might have to concede the point.

tenuki

I had to google practically everyone on my roster. A lot of potential sleepers, no real production. My bench included one OF that's trying to take the spot of my starting OF so can't really swap them in and out. And yahoo decided I'm punting saves this season, not really sure why else there's an RP category.

CT

North316

tenuki wrote:I had to google practically everyone on my roster. A lot of potential sleepers, no real production. My bench included one OF that's trying to take the spot of my starting OF so can't really swap them in and out. And yahoo decided I'm punting saves this season, not really sure why else there's an RP category.

Your batting lineup is definitely young and unproven, but you have soon nice SP depth. Kershaw, Hamels, Zimmerman, Dempster and Moore is a pretty nice set of guys, and if nothing else, you may be able to trade of them away for some better bats.

Check you PM

My CT

tenuki

North316 wrote:Your batting lineup is definitely young and unproven, but you have soon nice SP depth. Kershaw, Hamels, Zimmerman, Dempster and Moore is a pretty nice set of guys, and if nothing else, you may be able to trade of them away for some better bats.

Check you PM

Cool, thanks for pm.

CT

merbill

Real scoring starts Monday. Check your line-ups, make trade offers, and post some smack on the boards.

Good luck everyone!

catfishhunters99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages catfishhunters99
merbill wrote:

I'm the corked bats. Had to miss the live draft, alas, due to heading in to work at 5AM eastern. Autopick did not kill me, and hopefully my early moves will work out to keep my team in the hunt.

tenuki

catfishhunters99 wrote:I'm the corked bats. Had to miss the live draft, alas, due to heading in to work at 5AM eastern. Autopick did not kill me, and hopefully my early moves will work out to keep my team in the hunt.

It's kinda funny, half my team is hitting near the Mendoza line, and the last time I really played fantasy was steroids era, when almost every 1B seemed to hit at least 30 HR. Now I have three on my roster looking for a starter and none of them can hit ...

CT

merbill

The league finished up a couple of weeks ago, but I'd be remiss if I didn't post the results.

Final Standings for the 2012 "There's No Wineing in Baseball" League.

Champion: I'd Rather Be Flying - sdilullo
2nd place (aka hard luck loser in the finals): BioDynamics - Merbill
3rd place: RubberBalls&Liquor - RaiderSPE

4th: Cellar Dwellers - chipgreen
5th: Woot 4 the Home Team - duckduckgoose
6th: Diamonds of Uranus - Javadrinker
7th: The Cubbies - mschauber
8th: ATLiens
9th: North316 - North316
10th: U-Bet
11th: Two Buck Chuck
12th: Brains or Braun? - Chukon99
13th: Corked1 - tytiger
14th: Corked Bats - catfishhunters99

Congratulations to sdilullo and all who stuck it out to the end. It was a lot of fun (until that last Sunday). We'll see you next year.

chipgreen

quality posts: 201 Private Messages chipgreen
merbill wrote:The league finished up a couple of weeks ago, but I'd be remiss if I didn't post the results.

Final Standings for the 2012 "There's No Wineing in Baseball" League.

Champion: I'd Rather Be Flying - sdilullo
2nd place (aka hard luck loser in the finals): BioDynamics - Merbill
3rd place: RubberBalls&Liquor - RaiderSPE

4th: Cellar Dwellers - chipgreen
5th: Woot 4 the Home Team - duckduckgoose
6th: Diamonds of Uranus - Javadrinker
7th: The Cubbies - mschauber
8th: ATLiens
9th: North316 - North316
10th: U-Bet
11th: Two Buck Chuck
12th: Brains or Braun? - Chukon99
13th: Corked1 - tytiger
14th: Corked Bats - catfishhunters99

Congratulations to sdilullo and all who stuck it out to the end. It was a lot of fun (until that last Sunday). We'll see you next year.

Thanks for hosting the league, Commish. My guys ran out of steam at the end. Looking forward to next season since my football squad is already in the tank!

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

It's never too early to start thinking about 2013... I mean if we already know what at least 1 of the presidential candidates will be for 2016, I definitely think it's fair during this lull in interesting sport activity, once the BCS games are over, to start planning.

When do the fantasy league companies start opening up for signups?

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 201 Private Messages chipgreen
mschauber wrote:It's never too early to start thinking about 2013... I mean if we already know what at least 1 of the presidential candidates will be for 2016, I definitely think it's fair during this lull in interesting sport activity, once the BCS games are over, to start planning.

Sometime in Feb IIRC (yahoo)

North316

mschauber wrote:It's never too early to start thinking about 2013... I mean if we already know what at least 1 of the presidential candidates will be for 2016, I definitely think it's fair during this lull in interesting sport activity, once the BCS games are over, to start planning.

Let me finish my coast-to-coast domination of the woot football league I am in, then we go back to baseball.

My CT