$89.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 6 2010 Slingshot Cabernet Sauvignon
CT link above

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

trobino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trobino

Woot Sucks! Two wootoffs no TRUFFLE BUTTER!!!!!!!

Trina L. Robino

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Rutherford cab.....too bad it's just a baby eh?

jnacey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnacey
bsevern wrote:Rutherford cab.....too bad it's just a baby eh?

Patience..... My friend!

boylan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages boylan
bsevern wrote:Rutherford cab.....too bad it's just a baby eh?

It's marked Napa so it appears to be a nearly Rutherford cab...

bsevern

boylan wrote:It's marked Napa so it appears to be a nearly Rutherford cab...

According to the Slingshot website, the cab is from Juliana Vineyards, a 3,250-acre ranch in Pope Valley that has 350 acres planted to grapes and another 400 were available for planting. The vineyards provide grapes to such wineries as Beringer, Groth, Duckhorn and Luna.

Johnny1542

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Johnny1542

Anyone know how this is?

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

Pretty sure the description is in error. It states it was released in spring of 2010, but the vintage is 2010??? We can piece it together if someone provided the oak treatment/duration.

boylan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages boylan
bsevern wrote:According to the Slingshot website, the cab is from Juliana Vineyards, a 3,250-acre ranch in Pope Valley that has 350 acres planted to grapes and another 400 were available for planting. The vineyards provide grapes to such wineries as Beringer, Groth, Duckhorn and Luna.

Yeah, I saw that too but the bottle says Napa so they must have too much juice from out of the AVA. Or maybe there is a dogleg in the AVA...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

trifecta wrote:Pretty sure the description is in error. It states it was released in spring of 2010, but the vintage is 2010??? We can piece it together if someone provided the oak treatment/duration.

I sent an email for them to check in the morning. Thanks!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bsevern

bsevern wrote:

bsevern whines, "Rutherford cab.....too bad it's just a baby eh?"

That's WINES Thunder baby!!!

zenophile

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zenophile

Is this kosher? The write up suggests that philistines might not like it

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bsevern wrote:That's WINES Thunder baby!!!

Oh, I think I got it right.

I love you all. You know that.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

catfishhunters99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages catfishhunters99

$23.00 a bottle on the winery website. So the Woot offer stands at a cool $8.17 less per cork pulled.

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

My compliments to the photographer for a great job! Very creative.

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
boylan wrote:Yeah, I saw that too but the bottle says Napa so they must have too much juice from out of the AVA. Or maybe there is a dogleg in the AVA...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pope Valley not an actual AVA, at least not yet.

kaolis

catfishhunters99 wrote:$23.00 a bottle on the winery website. So the Woot offer stands at a cool $8.17 less per cork pulled.

6 bottle offer puts this at a tad under $16 each..mayhaps you thought a case...Cheers!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kaolis wrote:6 bottle offer puts this at a tad under $16 each..mayhaps you thought a case...Cheers!

He said 8.17 less, not 8.17 per bottle.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

For the winery: Can we get some stats on this? What the alcohol %? What's the pH? TA? Brix at harvest? I'll take anything you have! THANKS!

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

North316

jhkey wrote:For the winery: Can we get some stats on this? What the alcohol %? What's the pH? TA? Brix at harvest? I'll take anything you have! THANKS!

Also any RS? Oak Treatment? Production numbers?

My CT

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione
North316 wrote:He said 8.17 less, not 8.17 per bottle.

He said 8.17 per cork pulled (which equates to per bottle). I think what he meant was $7.17 less per bottle...

Since it's either really late and/or really early wherever you guys are (and you may still be sampling the wares in order to provide us with tasting updates), I think we should all just agree this is a pretty good deal. As long as you have space for another six bottles. Woot, I'm sorry, but I can't keep up!

cpomar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpomar

Any chance wine woot will crank up warm weather shipping a little earlier this year? It's been in the 80s in Atlanta for two weeks now, and there's no sign of relief any time soon. We are dreading what May - August will be like if it continues to get warmer with each passing week.

jhkey

North316 wrote:Also any RS? Oak Treatment? Production numbers?

...free sulfur? total sulfur? harvest date?

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
jhkey wrote:...free sulfur? total sulfur? harvest date?

As long as we're asking for all this data, how about drinking window?

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

mschauber

rugrats2001 wrote:My compliments to the photographer for a great job! Very creative.

+1
Still not a huge fan of over usage of DOF, but not only was this a creative shot, but all the bottles are standing upright;) Wasn't sure that was physically possible at the Woot studios anymore, lol..

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

North316

Bione wrote:He said 8.17 per cork pulled (which equates to per bottle).

Once again, no he didn't. He said 8.17 LESS per cork pulled. But there is no point in arguing this.

My CT

jhkey

mschauber wrote:As long as we're asking for all this data, how about drinking window?

I just hope they're not selling this wine before its time.

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

mschauber

North316 wrote:Once again, no he didn't. He said 8.17 LESS per cork pulled. But there is no point in arguing this.

Let's just show the math
- w/o s/h
23-(89.99/6)=8
This means an $8/bottle savings over the winery price

- w WW s/h included
23-(94.99/6)=7.17
This means a $7.17/bottle savings over the winery price

--
My CT

kaolis

North316 wrote:Once again, no he didn't. He said 8.17 LESS per cork pulled. But there is no point in arguing this.

ok ok! I apologize.. it was early... that being said, this offer has piqued my interest, could use some Cab in this price point..

North316

mschauber wrote:+1
Still not a huge fan of over usage of DOF, but not only was this a creative shot, but all the bottles are standing upright;) Wasn't sure that was physically possible at the Woot studios anymore, lol..

This is woot, we need to veer away from the stylistic shots. How about some woot monkeys drinking the wine or David, Neil and Ali getting hammered. Or just have some fertilizer bottles with wine all over the place and one broken jagged bottle standing in the middle showing the wine label.

My CT

dsknicker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsknicker

For those who like to know the story behind the winemakers:
http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/204812

North316

dsknicker wrote:For those who like to know the story behind the winemakers:
http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/204812

That link does not work for me.

My CT

crunchdoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crunchdoc
catfishhunters99 wrote:$23.00 a bottle on the winery website. So the Woot offer stands at a cool $8.17 less per cork pulled.

Is this a negative corkage fee?

dsknicker

North316 wrote:That link does not work for me.

As in you didn't care for it? Or the link is "broken" and doesn't take you to site? If "broken", not sure what the problem is as it works for me if I click on the post. Perhaps I did the link wrong? I'm a recent newbie here...

North316

dsknicker wrote:As in you didn't care for it? Or the link is "broken" and doesn't take you to site? If "broken", not sure what the problem is as it works for me if I click on the post. Perhaps I did the link wrong? I'm a recent newbie here...

As in Broken. "Error 503 Service Unavailable"

My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
dsknicker wrote:As in you didn't care for it? Or the link is "broken" and doesn't take you to site? If "broken", not sure what the problem is as it works for me if I click on the post. Perhaps I did the link wrong? I'm a recent newbie here...

This morning, the link takes you to a page with this

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 606911463
Varnish

Searching the site for "Peter Stewart" takes you to a similar page; likely a site issue, not the link.

CT

kaolis

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little @#$%@# *@ maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

jonw747

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonw747

Here's another link to what I assume is the same article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35108346/ns/business-success_in_hard_times/t/lean-year-rich-vintage/

At the time they were a startup working out of a warehouse buying bulk juice being dumped ala Cameron Hughes.

It would be nice to get some details about how the wine being offered was made/sourced.

dsknicker

kaolis wrote:You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little @#$%@# *@ maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

In other words: don't be an a$$clown?!