$45.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 3 2008 Cinque Insieme Wildcat Mountain Pinot Noir
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

Italian? Five?
Que Syrah Syrah Syrah Syrah Syrah!

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

Jennings really liked the '06 Syrah; 92.

CT

Greshmahg

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Greshmahg

I'm a major pinot noir snob.

Strike 1: It's from Sonoma instead of Willamette or Columbia Valley
Strike 2: That's one of the worst descriptions ever. It's like the vintner doesn't even know what it tastes like, so he just calls it "essence of blue fruits".
Strike 3: Other reviews state that it has mostly a taste of raspberry, which is neither a black nor a blue fruit, and it's review score was...not kind other than to say it had an above-average finish.

NEXT!

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma
Greshmahg wrote:I'm a major pinot noir snob.

Strike 2: That's one of the worst descriptions ever. It's like the vintner doesn't even know what it tastes like, so he just calls it "essence of blue fruits".
Strike 3: Other reviews state that it has mostly a taste of raspberry, which is neither a black nor a blue fruit, and it's review score was...not kind other than to say it had an above-average finish.

NEXT!

Agreed! But sometimes I'll even enjoy a Russian River...

michaelrenda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages michaelrenda

How does this compare to Macrostie Wildcat Mountain Pinor Noir?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Evening everyone! I'm back and already been called a dictator on the other thread. Ah, the love. I'll hang out here some tonight, if that's ok. Sigh.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

had to pull over from driving and post ... I tried this bottle a few weeks back, those of you who follow other Wildcat Mountain vineyard designate Pinot Noirs will enjoy this one. Big bold flavors, a bit dense actually, autumn spices & screams Carneros tipicity. Well made juice and a total small lot find...

WineDavid was my Boss!

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite

NEXT!

umm, ya, blue razzberry! duh

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
ThunderThighs wrote:Evening everyone! I'm back and already been called a dictator on the other thread. Ah, the love. I'll hang out here some tonight, if that's ok. Sigh.

You're more than welcome as long as we can call you an "authoritarian."

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

NEXT!

I am happy to send you a big list of very exciting California pinot producers to try.

WineDavid was my Boss!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ThunderThighs wrote:Evening everyone! I'm back and already been called a dictator on the other thread. Ah, the love. I'll hang out here some tonight, if that's ok. Sigh.

Depends if you are bringing some Scott Harvey with you, or at least some clues!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mnrunner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnrunner

I can't speak for this wine, but Sonoma can make some pretty amazing Pinot Grapes...particularly the coastal vineyards. Russian river is also good... Liking wines only from a certain region just means you haven't tasted enough in other regions. Winemakers and vineyard managers do make a huge difference.

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

Aww, TT. Sorry to be part of the cause of that over in regular woot. If it helps, I did end up buying the pen...

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

I enjoyed their White Hawk Vineyard Syrah. These guys manage to get grapes from good vineyards for being such a small producer.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

dah7m

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dah7m

NEXT!

Willamette we'll grant you, but Columbia Valley is not exactly renowned pinot territory! Curious about this one but wish there was more info out there...

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

we love you and appreciate you overseeing us!

greyday

dah7m wrote:Willamette we'll grant you, but Columbia Valley is not exactly renowned pinot territory! Curious about this one but wish there was more info out there...

Renowned, no. Abundantly planted? Yes.

To be fair there are some really high end pinots coming out of the Columbia Valley, it's just also where most of the low end OR/WA wines come from as well.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:Depends if you are bringing some Scott Harvey with you, or at least some clues!

Thanks everyone for the nice words.

No word on what's next in line. Woot-offs work different and I can't see that info.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
greyday wrote:Aww, TT. Sorry to be part of the cause of that over in regular woot. If it helps, I did end up buying the pen...

give us the rundown grey!

greyday

richardhod wrote:give us the rundown grey!

I don't know about what the recent thing is, but late last night when the wootoff servers crashed and they switched to normal woot for a day, there was like 5 pages of people babying and moaning about how woot sucks and they felt robbed and all this annoying stuff, and maybe 5 posts spliced within about the product (which I was interested in, it's a digital pen/memory stylus for iPad and I'm trying to learn to draw). So I posted asking if there was a way for the non-product related posts to be moved elsewhere, which ThunderThighs tried to do, but apparently a bunch of them got deleted or something. Again, not sure if that's the same thing as he/she's talking about right now, but people reacted poorly.

I mean, imagine a company wanting to make information about the product they're selling easily accessible? Yeah, those evil bastards. :roll: