shuiheart

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shuiheart

Bacon Jam! We love the stuff!

Although, now that I read the ingredients, I have to wonder if it isn't the same as the jar I bought off the truck.

What's with the nitrates? Is this a "mass produced" version?

cfrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfrick

So good cook in Fried Rice!!!!!

easleyml

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easleyml

Momma, why do we always have ham at Easter?
'Cause nothin' says love better than a cured pork product babay!

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
wootchawant wrote:ah, but cinnamon is truly good in just about anything... <;)

And healthy for you!

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj

Ah screw it I can't resist. And I have a coupon that expires next week anyway that I oughta use.

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

What Tiny Flowers... The skillet web site sell 10.5 ounce jars, these are 7.5 ounce jars. It went from a really good deal to an OK deal. It isn't woot worthy for price cut, IMHO.

sailsagain

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sailsagain
Nate650 wrote:For me, the presence of sodium phosphate, sodium erythorbate, and sodium nitrate takes it out of the "gourmet" category. Apparently wine.woot offers both gourmet and non-gourmet items.

Well, for me, the presence of sodium phosphate, sodium erythorbate, and sodium nitrate puts it IN the "gourmet" category. You say poe-tay-toe, and I say poe-tah-toe.

novastarj

mrsly69 wrote:What Tiny Flowers... The skillet web site sell 10.5 ounce jars, these are 7.5 ounce jars. It went from a really good deal to an OK deal. It isn't woot worthy for price cut, IMHO.

Not that this helps, but it's 7 oz., not 7.5 oz.

thekla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thekla
PoodleGravy wrote:With all the added sodium, phosphate, and nitrates plus soy lecithin is all I need to know to stay far away.

hello? it's BACON duh

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
novastarj wrote:Ah screw it I can't resist. And I have a coupon that expires next week anyway that I oughta use.

Ahhhhh.....I almost forgot bout my bday coupon....let's see what awesome red wine awaits us!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
novastarj wrote:Ah screw it I can't resist. And I have a coupon that expires next week anyway that I oughta use.

That's the spirit! Happy noms!

I'm just hanging out, really.

zuiquan

quality posts: 23 Private Messages zuiquan
wootchawant wrote:ah, but cinnamon is truly good in just about anything... <;)

Especially if it's Penzeys Vietnamese Extra Fancy. It's really amazing.

thekla

sailsagain wrote:Well, for me, the presence of sodium phosphate, sodium erythorbate, and sodium nitrate puts it IN the "gourmet" category. You say poe-tay-toe, and I say poe-tah-toe.

amen, sista, (or brotha) as it were

thekla

zuiquan wrote:Especially if it's Penzeys Vietnamese Extra Fancy. It's really amazing.

OK - I like my cinnamon, but with bacon? maybe not.

easleyml

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easleyml
thekla wrote:OK - I like my cinnamon, but with bacon? maybe not.

It's very good. Sprinkle it on the bacon while it's cooking...yummmmm!

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant
thekla wrote:OK - I like my cinnamon, but with bacon? maybe not.

interesting that you should say that--if you like sweet and salty combos, try sprinkling cinnamon sugar on your bacon while you cook it up; it's quite nice.

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

will someone just go in for 5 already so we can move on?

zechs77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zechs77

I got this from the GF for christmas, and although it's strange using spreadable meat- I have to admit there's something undeniably delicious about this on top of a lightly toasted English muffin.

Not in for one- a little bit goes a LONG way with smoky, cured bacon spread.

aphroat

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aphroat
zuiquan wrote:If I wanted to eat something that tastes like licorice I would eat some licorice.
/rant

Amen.

enville

quality posts: 2 Private Messages enville

umm, anyone reading this? Any word on when these might get shipped? I know there was a woot-off, but I haven't gotten any word on this shipping or not or anything.

I need my bacon.

jamiebritt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamiebritt

I was just going to ask the same thing… Items generally ship within a few days and it's been 2 weeks.

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

jamiebritt wrote:I was just going to ask the same thing… Items generally ship within a few days and it's been 2 weeks.

Keep in mind, with Wine.Woot...orders take about 2-3 weeks to receive. Bacon Spread may not be wine, but it's still sent out by the Wineries, so it still takes a little longer than a typical Woot item to receive.

http://wine.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx#qw14

enville

quality posts: 2 Private Messages enville
blaculadave wrote:Keep in mind, with Wine.Woot...orders take about 2-3 weeks to receive. Bacon Spread may not be wine, but it's still sent out by the Wineries, so it still takes a little longer than a typical Woot item to receive.

http://wine.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx#qw14

thanks for keeping us up to date, but I guess that means no bacon spread for easter dinner

I was hoping to save a little time on the fried banana/peanut butter/bacon sandwiches to spend time with the kids

novastarj

Just got the tracking e-mail, but not in the FedEx system yet.

Hurry, I need my bacon spread!

tracynoreen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tracynoreen

disappointed to find that the expiration date on these is for June. They only arrived last week, so they are ONLY edible for 8 weeks. Wish I hadn't bought 2 orders worth and that the fact that they expire in JUNE 2012 was listed on the information page.

The product is nice, but I feel really let down that they don't have a long shelf life at all!

novastarj

tracynoreen wrote:disappointed to find that the expiration date on these is for June. They only arrived last week, so they are ONLY edible for 8 weeks. Wish I hadn't bought 2 orders worth and that the fact that they expire in JUNE 2012 was listed on the information page.

The product is nice, but I feel really let down that they don't have a long shelf life at all!

True, but if you have any left in June I'll be surprised. I've been putting it on basically every sandwich I make, and it always makes things tastier.

This morning, on a whim, I put the spread on a bagel with cream cheese on the other half. Sounds disgusting, right? Nope, it totally works! This stuff is so versatile.