6 2006 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
3/7/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Two 12 packs in one week. It's almost like you're teaming up with AA

Seriously though, Hows this stuff taste? or is this another one of those 'don't even ask you'll be happy you bought 12' deals?

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

Previous wootage two each as a 4-pack for $55, with mill #1. Gotta read the notes now, especially at this price point.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Wow 70% off without shipping.
That's a discount for ya.

The 07's go for;
Merlot $26
Cab. $30
a bottle

Also, I think White oak and Wellington use the same web storefront provider. The interface is bad and identical.

CT

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

I can't speak to the merlot, but I bought a bunch of the Cab when it was offered last year (link below). This price is almost the same as what 6 cabs cost last time! Gotta go in on this one...

previous Cab woot!

another previous Cab one

EDIT TO ADD: will post a mini-rat thingy when I get home, plan to open a bottle in a few.

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

Bay area split? I don't have room for a case. Maybe even a split between 3?

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

Funny distribution.

Wine-searcher only finds the '05 and the'07 for the Merlot, no '06.

And for the cab, they're only showing two Canadian sellers and one Japanese - none stateside.

Hmmm ...

If I was low on reds I might go ahead on this one, given the price under $9.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of March 4th.

March
3/31: Minnesota #18: It's About Time!

April
4/21: NYC #19: Napa Black Tie Event
4/21: NorCal #12: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
4/27-28: Ohio Wine Dinner with Scott and Jana Harvey
TBD: NoVA/DC #26: Theme TBD

May
5/19: CyberPub Cellars 2011 Rogue Rhone Bottling- NEWEST Thread!

July
7/23-25: RPM's History Tour, Part 1
7/25-29: RPM's History Tour, Part 2
(Dates set, Deposits due 3/5)

Pending
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab!

So join or create a gathering now!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

Found some additional stats in the earlier thread

Just had a pow wow with our winemaker:
Cab: ph 3.50 & he says lay down for up to 5 years.
Merlot: ph 3.55 & he likes his Merlot fresh so says drink now!

CT

bigfrank

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bigfrank

This looks like to good a deal to pass up. If I had the room in my wine cellar, I would have bought 3 cases 1 case will be gone soon enough

join me in the hot tub at www.bigfrankshottub.com

ccmacy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccmacy
trifecta wrote:Bay area split? I don't have room for a case. Maybe even a split between 3?

i'd go in halves with you. work in San Francisco... let me know what you think.

HellnationThug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HellnationThug
rjquillin wrote:Found some additional stats in the earlier thread

This 5 years as of now or as of 2006?

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
rjquillin wrote:Found some additional stats in the earlier thread

It's a year later, so based on the above, I'm guessing the winemaker would say:

Cab: lay down for up to 4 more years
Merlot: Past it's drinking window

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

twstdvn

quality posts: 72 Private Messages twstdvn

WOW - this is an awesome offer. I have loved WO wines for a very long time! Yesterday, I picked up a case of their awesome 06 Syrah from the winery w/ my inner-winery discount!

I had heard rumors that they would be offering some great deals on woot...

I have tried both of these wines and for just over 8 bucks a bottle, this is a real steal and better than I can do w/ my inner-winery discount! Count me in for one - I'm compelled to succumb to another case because it's just that good for every day quaffing.

I'm in for one!

bawfaw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bawfaw

At this price, if it's not great for drinking, I'll take the chance that it'll be fine for cooking or vinegar.

trifecta

ccmacy wrote:i'd go in halves with you. work in San Francisco... let me know what you think.

Is there a third out there?

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

+1 This is exactly the type of offering I have been waiting for!

twstdvn

quality posts: 72 Private Messages twstdvn
trifecta wrote:Is there a third out there?

I would split mine with you if you like...

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

ordered and will split the order with someone in the Seattle area. PM if interested.

maurakid

quality posts: 7 Private Messages maurakid
trifecta wrote:Is there a third out there?

I'll be the third in the threesome. I am just outside the tunnel.

dwdyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwdyer

In for one. Sounds like a decent deal, and it's daylight saving day. (I needed an excuse.)

trifecta

maurakid wrote:I'll be the third in the threesome. I am just outside the tunnel.

So ccmacy, me, and you? I am in the south bay but pass thru San Fran often enough. Who wants to push the button?

mschauber

Seems like too good a deal to pass up.

Ordered one. If anyone in NYC wants to split (two or three way,) let me know.

Must go to sleep now, but will check-in later this morning

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

tewkewl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl

Just made my FIRST wine woot purchase! WOOT WOOT! I have been on the fence for a looooooooooong time on multiple deals. But I love cabs and the mrs loves merlot.... and this is pretty darned cheap. I normally just run out to the local total wines and end up getting 10 to 15 dollar bottle wines that are pretty dang good locally, but this is below the 10 dollar mark even, so i thought i'd try it. we'll be drinking this stuff for a looooong time.

mschauber

tewkewl wrote:Just made my FIRST wine woot purchase! WOOT WOOT! I have been on the fence for a looooooooooong time on multiple deals. But I love cabs and the mrs loves merlot.... and this is pretty darned cheap. I normally just run out to the local total wines and end up getting 10 to 15 dollar bottle wines that are pretty dang good locally, but this is below the 10 dollar mark even, so i thought i'd try it. we'll be drinking this stuff for a looooong time.

Congrats and welcome. Don't get addicted like I did, that big golden oval just loves to call my name out in a sultry voice...

--
My CT

kkimpel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kkimpel

We are members at White Oak. Love their wines but this is a deal like one we have never seen before!

publicart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages publicart

Anyone else in the Bay Area (East Bay) want to split a case?

mberke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mberke

I had the 2005 Cab and thought it was quite good. I'd given a wine club membership to my parents and this one came one day. This particular wine club seeks out small but quality wineries in CA and turns them on to their members.
I found the promo on it from the wine club here

http://www.goldmedalwineclub.com/blog/2009/12/

Note this is for the 2005 Cab.

Personally I am in for one!

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

SUPER DEAL! In for 1. Not much of a merlot drinker...so if anyone in NY or NJ wants them, let me know via this forum. We'll figure out how to get them there.

Will also consider a 2 or 3 way split.

WD et al.... Most awesome deal ever! Thanks!! Keep deals like this coming!

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

FAKE RAT REVIEW:

11:25pm PST Opened the bottle half an hour ago, ate, and poured through my aerator. Still needs time and air, DEFINITELY tight. Nice mouth feel, but very earthy and lots of tannins. I remember half a year ago decanting this and it STILL needing lots of time (I've had at least 4 or 5 of these in the past six months), too bad I wasn't home earlier to let it breathe. Bitter, but something immediately satisfying about it.

Rich and lush. A BEAUTIFUL dark, dark ruby. This was among my favorites from Woot!. Extremelty curious about the merlot, excited to try it (even though I'm not much of a fan of merlot)...

11:42pm PST Just two quick notes--1) seems heavy alcohol, as I already feel a slight bit tingly after half a glass (and I'm, well...let's just say I drink liberally). Also, I added this in my first post too, but here's an earlier offering of the cab with a bunch of real lab rat reports: link.

1:10am PST: opened up nicely, full flavor and feel. Some fruit and spice, not jammy at all. Only criticism is it's a little bit light/fleeting on flavor, it seems almost a little watery. Not enough to really detract from the taste, but definitely light, and the flavor goes long before the mouth feel.

Going to bed, but over all exactly as I remember it: a SOLID daily, but also a nice once in a while wine. Would be a great one to see how it progresses over the next 3-4 years.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

tewkewl wrote:Just made my FIRST wine woot purchase! WOOT WOOT!

Welcome! It always starts with one...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

ccmacy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccmacy
trifecta wrote:So ccmacy, me, and you? I am in the south bay but pass thru San Fran often enough. Who wants to push the button?

Tight on cash to front $100... in escrow to buy a walnut orchard.. I'm good for 1/3 or 1/2 if you want to purchase the case... Just let me know. Sorry for delay in responding.

Tassadar2k03

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tassadar2k03
publicart wrote:Anyone else in the Bay Area (East Bay) want to split a case?

In SF, I can split.

gephross100

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gephross100

^^good idea i am copying
anyone in houston willing to split a case?

c u

lawtonyeung

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lawtonyeung

My first woot! I can't pass this deal even if I'm blind. Not much of a merlot drinker, but I'm sure some friends would help me out lol

Hungry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Hungry

Bought one. Will need to split 1/2 or my wife will kill me. If you're willing to pick up at my house in San Jose let me know.

Was going through my inventory earlier today and felt proud that I hadn't purchased from wine.woot for a while :-(

gephross100

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gephross100
Hungry wrote:Bought one. Will need to split 1/2 or my wife will kill me. If you're willing to pick up at my house in San Jose let me know.

Was going through my inventory earlier today and felt proud that I hadn't purchased from wine.woot for a while :-(

woot is an evil addiction

c u

flowerchild59

quality posts: 23 Private Messages flowerchild59

I have been a repeat buyer of White Oak wines and the name stands out in my mind as being a pleasant, easy drinking wine with dinner and dessert. I am in for one without hesitation. Don't have room for two or I would get more.

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

fenderehx4ever

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fenderehx4ever

Reviews seem mixed and sometimes contradictory... Too many tannins, not many tannins, etc.

But the consensus seems to be that it is easy. "Easy" at this price is too good to resist. Bought!!