Roaring Brook Dairy Butter Making Kit
$13.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Creamy
PRODUCT: 1 Roaring Brook Dairy Butter Kit

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kerusdotorg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kerusdotorg

Butter is my favorite flavor of wine.

dpn0121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dpn0121

Heavy cream, jar, shake = butter

tyttebovs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tyttebovs

Nothing beats Danish Lurpak butter...

w00tgurl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl

this is like taking a century back in time

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

samira

quality posts: 14 Private Messages samira

All you need is a jar and some cream.It is like nature's 'shakeweight' lol. We made this in elementary school. Nice idea but is there something special about the jar? For $18?

MisterRon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MisterRon
w00tgurl wrote:this is like taking a century back in time

You were there?

MisterRon

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

I've had home made butter and it's pretty goooood! I just started eating it with a spoon

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

If I get this, butter may be my new ice cream.

bigfrank

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bigfrank

Great for HDL and LDL and good for the funel home your going to after you make it. I rather Stick with using Olive oil

join me in the hot tub at www.bigfrankshottub.com

thumperchick

In the box:

(1) Roaring Brook Dairy Butter Kit

So, what comes in the kit? Because it looks like it's 3 piles of spices, a mini ramkin, and an empty peanut butter jar?

*edit* Nevermind, I should read more... AND my guess was pretty dead on...

Roaring Brook Dairy Butter Kit

This kit includes supplies to make sweet, salted and herb butter, including a shaker, flaked salt and assorted herbs, plus a ramekin for storing your butter and a spreader for serving. All you need is the cream. One pint of cream makes approximately 6.5 ounces of butter.

maybejet

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maybejet

Anyone else churning with excitement?

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

I know there are some who really, really love the non-wine Wine Woots, but I gotta confess: I cringe whenever I come in here and they're selling crackers or cheese or freaking butter or something ... I cringe.

Wine. I like ... wine.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger
maybejet wrote:Anyone else churning with excitement?

bah dum bump psssshhhhhh! Good one.

srm8ib4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages srm8ib4

This set doesn't even include the cream to make the butter. A cheaper alternative would be to just find a jar and buy some cream

DawaLhamo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DawaLhamo

I do have to say, there isn't anything quite like freshly churned butter.

Expect to pay at least thrice this for a real butter churn. And less than half for a jar and marble.

Greshmahg

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Greshmahg

I buy more non-Wine items on this site than wine items.

It's just really dumb ones like this or the napkins with the cliché lines on them that make me cringe.

High quality oils, vinegars, meats & cheeses, hell even dried fruits and nuts are awesome.

Tin jars for 14 dollars? Less awesome.

AnnaLovesBooks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnnaLovesBooks

Maybe I'm more tired than I thought... Is Amazon actually selling a 12 pack of these for $16.92 (granted, they're out of stock) - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Roaring+Brook+Dairy+Butter+Kit+&x=0&y=0 - or am I missing something?

[Moderator: Confirmed as out of stock]

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
sdbcmr wrote:I know there are some who really, really love the non-wine Wine Woots, but I gotta confess: I cringe whenever I come in here and they're selling crackers or cheese or freaking butter or something ... I cringe.

Wine. I like ... wine.

+1 +1 ...

psm321

quality posts: 21 Private Messages psm321
sdbcmr wrote:I know there are some who really, really love the non-wine Wine Woots, but I gotta confess: I cringe whenever I come in here and they're selling crackers or cheese or freaking butter or something ... I cringe.

Wine. I like ... wine.

OTOH, I don't drink so I only check wine.woot for the days when they have some neat fancy non-wine thing

markgober

quality posts: 2 Private Messages markgober

Good Job Woot. Way to commercialize what Kindergarteners have been doing for decades. What anyone can do with an old mayonnaise or Mason jar, you found a way to charge $19 for.

phidan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages phidan

wine woot needs to be wine and things associated with wine. Crackers, cheese, meats, nuts, gourmet foods are ok. A make your own butter kit does not count. It would be much cheaper to buy some butter, soften it, put in some herbs, and then put it in a jar. This is a waste of money and is not associated with wine.

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies

srsly?? I made my kids make some butter this morning cuz I needed some fresh buttermilk for a recipe. Jar with lid, heavy cream, shake for a long time. Drain off buttermilk, what's left is soft butter that will harden up in the fridge. Use candy molds to make molded butter and REALLY impress your inlaws!!!

oops, pardon me, i wooted

thumperchick

AnnaLovesBooks wrote:Maybe I'm more tired than I thought... Is Amazon actually selling a 12 pack of these for $16.92 (granted, they're out of stock) - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Roaring+Brook+Dairy+Butter+Kit+&x=0&y=0 - or am I missing something?

Yes, it looks as though they are!

thepacezoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepacezoo
AnnaLovesBooks wrote:Maybe I'm more tired than I thought... Is Amazon actually selling a 12 pack of these for $16.92 (granted, they're out of stock) - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Roaring+Brook+Dairy+Butter+Kit+&x=0&y=0 - or am I missing something?

Saw that too!

thepacezoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepacezoo

I am about to reveal to you an ANCIENT butter making secret, to make butter it requires, shaking, shaking, shaking, MORE shaking, lots of shaking, but the end result is FANTASTIC.
Materials:
Whipping cream (Can be normal or heavy whipping cream)
1 Jar
1 measuring device (not necassarily needed)
1 Fresh strong arms,able to withstand alot of shaking

the whole process takes about... 10-20 minutes, the majority of the time is shaking. The rest is prep time and finish

brybot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brybot

I used the Mozzarella cheese kit by Roaring Brook and liked it quite a bit, so I'd recommend their kits. I don't use much butter though.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

phidan wrote:wine woot needs to be wine and things associated with wine. Crackers, cheese, meats, nuts, gourmet foods are ok. A make your own butter kit does not count. It would be much cheaper to buy some butter, soften it, put in some herbs, and then put it in a jar. This is a waste of money and is not associated with wine.

You never put butter on your crackers? YUMMY!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thumperchick

ThunderThighs - If I ever become a woot employee, may I change my username to ThumperHips? It's kind of great.

amnewsboy

quality posts: 48 Private Messages amnewsboy

I'm ashamed of you people. 42 minutes in, and not one Paula Deen joke.

thumperchick

amnewsboy wrote:I'm ashamed of you people. 42 minutes in, and not one Paula Deen joke.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

I want to know if this is good QPR: how much does this butter whey?

bawfaw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bawfaw

Or, if you're too lazy to shake, put the cream (and the salt, herbs, whatever) in the food processor (or the blender). A minute or two later? Buttah! Video for the visual peeps.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thumperchick wrote:ThunderThighs - If I ever become a woot employee, may I change my username to ThumperHips? It's kind of great.

YAY! Glad I didn't offend.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AnnaLovesBooks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnnaLovesBooks
AnnaLovesBooks wrote:

[Moderator: Confirmed as out of stock]

Good Lord, I hope that's not intended to be an explanation of why Woot would be selling this at approx. 12x the price. When Amazon gets these back in, would Woot be interested in buying them from me? We could all make bank! AND butter!

wootgigi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootgigi

1968 trip down memory lane: It was Bridge night for my parents and 20 people were coming to our house. I was helping Mom make whipped cream for the desserts. Beat it too long, buttah. I was impressed - Mom was pissed.

jessel02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jessel02

How about some science behind making butter? I love the guy in this video.

ScoopLV

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ScoopLV

Since this is wine.woot, do I need to store this butter on it's side? How long should I age this butter? Is it butter for laying down, or should I drink it this year?

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

Would this work with goat's cream? I just bought two dairy goats today.

www.howlingdead.com