12/6/2010
12/3/2009
8/6/2009
12/2/2008
7/10/2008

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I don't know a lot about wine.woot, but I do know that a lot of people are about to lose their minds.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
CowboyDann wrote:I don't know a lot about wine.woot, but I do know that a lot of people are about to lose their minds.

To say the least...

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

Zephyress

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zephyress

Yay! Glad the holdup was finally worked through.

todd999430

quality posts: 4 Private Messages todd999430

Why are we losing our minds?

jimjacks66

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jimjacks66

Finally, the Balsamic! In for the max, which is unfortunately only 2.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Wow. I predict this thread will be 8 pages long by the EOD.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99

This may be the single best item I've ever wooted. In for 2 and my husband will be, too! YAY!

wyattx17

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wyattx17

Oh, I love this balsamic. I must buy one!

sluttylimeade

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sluttylimeade

This stuff is incredible. I still have one full bottle(and about half of another) leftover from the last offering, so I might wait until they sell it again around Christmas.

If you're on the fence, just buy it.

jcogbil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcogbil
todd999430 wrote:Why are we losing our minds?

It's a very tasty vinaigrette.

CooperDude

quality posts: 10 Private Messages CooperDude
todd999430 wrote:Why are we losing our minds?

Those who still have their minds know the answer to that question. You've obviously already lost yours. Sorry.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

FINALLY!!! I LOVE YOU WD! in for 3 (edit.. 2 )

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

WineDavid comes through once again!

I've never had this, but with the practically orgasmic comments on past offers, I have to try this..... in for 2!

srm8ib4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages srm8ib4

This is probably going to sell out again.

Hapgood610

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Hapgood610

Crazy, I just used up the last of this yummy stuff last week. A little goes a long way. This time of year I drizzle it on veggies like brussels sprouts, roasted carrots, yams and butternut squash. In the summer it goes great with fresh tomatoes. This plus thyme and sauteed shallots makes everything better. Yes, you can even put it on ice cream
(minus the shallots perhaps).

I don't know if it is worth the price but it is awfully good. It's also packed beautifully for gifting.

joshaw

quality posts: 24 Private Messages joshaw

woot almost ruined my marriage when this wasn't offered for gift week. My wife will now love me again.

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

I can't say enough about Cavedoni Balsamic. It is one word. AWESOME! I enjoy it on mozzarella, strawberry's, vegetables, steaks, and yes, ice cream. It is so good. I have purchased this several times on woot over the years. I was about 1/2 way on my last bottle. I missed it over the holiday's and I was worried I would run out. I just got a new bottle and I am so happy. A little goes a long way. This is so good you can drink it as a shot. Yes, an expensive shot. Highly recommend. Enjoy.

tmacfarlan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages tmacfarlan

I doubt it matters how many of these are available, this is likely to sell out quick. Glad i checked when the storm woke me up.

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

I'll be completely honest. I hate vinegars. BUT I love this stuff. I bought it last time it was on woot and my husband and I use it on everything. I especially like it on salads and to use in sauces when I am cooking. It is sweet, tangy, and thick, not bitter like so many balsamics I have had before. It is more mild, which caters to my taste more. Great on bread for dunking. Worth every penny!

bkarlan

bkarlan wrote:FINALLY!!! I LOVE YOU WD! in for 3 (edit: 2 ).

Ummmm why can only get 2 and not 3?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bkarlan

I had to order this from the company since it took so long for Woot to put it back up on here. When it came in the mail, I pushed the wife out of the way to meet the FedEX man.

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick
bkarlan wrote:Ummmm why can only get 2 and not 3?

For this sale, you are limited to 2. Share the wealth.

I'm thinking that means limited supplies.

sluttylimeade

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sluttylimeade
bkarlan wrote:Ummmm why can only get 2 and not 3?

They always limit this to 2, but some people have had luck in the past by e-mailing member services to request a 3rd.

jschacht

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jschacht

This was my third WW ever and as it has been offered over the years I have purchased 11 bottles. One year it was our top-tier holiday gift. I have traveled to Modena, toured a traditional balsamic producer, and even have tasted a 100 y.o. balsamic straight out of the barrel. I won't say this matches that ethereal elixir, but it is very nice, and exceptionally good for the price. Don't mistake this for "tradizionale," which is made only with grape must -- this one has vinegar added. But it is thick, sweet-tart, and delicious -- perfect for accenting parmigiano reggiano, pasta, salads, and even drizzled over vanilla ice cream (with some roasted figs, in season). Highly recommended.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

Since this is (just like) wine, will this taste the same or different than that which I bought on the 06/16/2011 offering?

poorhungrydoctor

quality posts: 7 Private Messages poorhungrydoctor

I wanna get one or two, but where would I use this over other balsamic? Do I want to chug 4 dollars worth of this balsamic into a salad???

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Based on all the rave reviews..... In for 2.

cLUrun

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cLUrun

Would this turn my instant noodles into gourmet food? I mean, this is a really big investment for this college student...

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

Traditionale on their website is $145/bottle on their website, so no this isn't that. But this is damn tasty. I'm in for two and will be checking with my family to see if they want in on more.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies

still have a drop or two left in my carefully hidden bottle from the last wooting... hmmm... balsamic or steam vac?

oops, pardon me, i wooted

CitizenPain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CitizenPain

I'll be waiting for the Oro Nero La Dama to be on woot.

bkarlan

sluttylimeade wrote:They always limit this to 2, but some people have had luck in the past by e-mailing member services to request a 3rd.

Last offering you could order 3.

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4521174

reluctant

quality posts: 9 Private Messages reluctant

How would this rate contrasted against a good vincotto? After reading about this balsamic in previous woots, I decided I'd try it at some point.

But then, I ran across a vincotto at a little boutique shop for $25/250ml. Unfortunately, I only bought one bottle, and promptly forgot where the shop is. (It's somewhere in Oregon?)

The vincotto is AMAZING! And I'm wondering if this will be as good (or hopefully even better.) From what I can understand, balsamic vinegar has grape must in it, while vincotto is 100% grape must.

McGBuster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages McGBuster

I accidentally only ordered 1. Is there a way to add a second to my order?

Anyone?

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

Excellent! It's a shame that my wife is already in bed, anything over $30 from woot is kind a big purchase for me, but dang it, it's Balsamic. I just had some balsamic and artisan bread for a late night snack.

Must hold off on yellow button until morning...

dotcomprincess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dotcomprincess

BEST.BALSAMIC.EVER......the end.

jkastorff

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jkastorff

Loved loved lovd the first bottle of this i wootd! Seriously - try on vanilla ice cream. It will blow your mind!