oncman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oncman
hokiedevil wrote:Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Any other poor souls out there check this site about five more times after the sell-out? ... just in case.

I think I'm stuck in woot-off mode.

Yes! Does this mean we're addicted?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

lurcher wrote:Ahh - like the old days when we used to get obscure hints about what's next...

you are as impatient as a bon vivant southern debutant !

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
Winedavid39 wrote:you are as impatient as a bon vivant southern debutant !

I miss the south and WD, you make me laugh and miss it more

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

A "Bon Vivant" from Hunt Cellars would be a nice offer or even a Bell (southern debutante is a belle) Wine Cellars offer.

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
bkarlan wrote:I miss the south and WD, you make me laugh and miss it more

I believe that was a clue! Hmm, a few google hits for "Belle wine"

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
jhkey wrote:Not sure if it's still available, but the 2006 was 100% Pinot and is still drinking very well. I preferred it to the 2007, others did not.

I know...that 2006 is one of the best QPR wines I have ever had. Period. The Chardonnay was delicious as well. I was hoping there'd be more 2006 or maybe even 2005 hanging around for another offer...

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Tallulah???

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
emmabean2000 wrote:Tallulah???

Tallulah Wines: Mike Drash comes from a Southern Family with deep roots in farming and religion.

dfstineh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dfstineh
jmdavidson wrote:Tallulah Wines: Mike Drash comes from a Southern Family with deep roots in farming and religion.

That would definitely fit the bill of a $10-15 bottle with excellent QPR that others are calling for - last time I sprung for about 10 bottles and was pleased

dfstineh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dfstineh
hokiedevil wrote:Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Any other poor souls out there check this site about five more times after the sell-out? ... just in case.

I think I'm stuck in woot-off mode.

Well it's not totally unprecedented - I seem to recall WD scrounging up some extra cases of Rockus Bockus a few months back after it sold out before noon.

But given the time elapsed and the fact that WD has since posted about tomorrow's offer does not bode well. Plus previous posts indicate that there is no more of this to go around. Sorry

InFrom

emmabean2000 wrote:Tallulah???

Good thing tomorrow's Saturday, I believe my Amex card & I will be staying up late tonight!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
dfstineh wrote:Well it's not totally unprecedented - I seem to recall WD scrounging up some extra cases of Rockus Bockus a few months back after it sold out before noon.

But given the time elapsed and the fact that WD has since posted about tomorrow's offer does not bode well. Plus previous posts indicate that there is no more of this to go around. Sorry

That (Rockus Bockus) was Dec 27th my birthday, missed out cause I was golfing, posted how bummed I was and the good lady at Rockus Bockus sent me a message to call her on Monday and BINGO she sold me a Case at the WOOT Price and $5 shipping, NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE,

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
klezman wrote:Scott, was there an earlier vintage of Pinot that didn't include Syrah blended in that is still up for grabs some time?

Gazzi has one left, then he is sold out except for small lots, 25 to 50 cases, that I'm making for firends and family. What is left is a 2004 Pinot Noir in one liter bottles, 85 cases of 6/1L. Again, a wine that I did not make. I did run the pH and make tasting notes. They are 3.42pH, medium color, leather, fleshy, beets, plum, allspice, marjoram, lavender, cranberry, steak tartar. Bright red fruit center and finish.

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
lurcher wrote:Hey - day getting brighter - Hubolt Fog just arrive (and at room temp already..hmm...)

And waiting for another liquid delivery to go with it...

Gonna be a better Friday now

Got my Hubolt Fog today as well.

bkarlan

InFrom wrote:I believe that was a clue! Hmm, a few google hits for "Belle wine"

I am well aware

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal
bsevern wrote:Although I went in on the Gazzi Syrah, I'm kind of Gazzi'd out.

On a positive note, I LOVE THE SHIRT WOOT TODAY:

That t-shirt sold out too.

InFrom

bkarlan wrote:I am well aware

if that post was an old TB line that I totally missed, I apologize! Off to go a-googling...

szecsei

quality posts: 9 Private Messages szecsei

i thought about picking up another 5 or ten bottles of this wine early this morning (i went in for two the last time it was offered, mainly because i really liked the 2007 and only went in for one on that deal...with much regret!). i still have a few bottles of the 2008 hanging out, as i've been sidetracked with drinking other wine (woot has certainly increased the variety of wine in my cellar...it is a blessing, and a curse). so i resisted the temptation to push that big yellow button in order to give other folks a chance to enjoy the offer. it was a sacrifice on my part...but i do what i can.

bkarlan

InFrom wrote:if that post was an old TB line that I totally missed, I apologize! Off to go a-googling...

No apology needed. It wasn't a line from anything. I understood it was a clue and I was just stating I miss the south.

wordek

quality posts: 23 Private Messages wordek
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Got my Hubolt Fog today as well.

I too got my Fog cheese today (at room temp and very ripe). Mine was okay but it sounds like others were less fortunate. The packaging was certainly lacking as compared to the other woot cheese offers I have purchased in the past:-(

There are more current posts at the original offer blog here if anyone else (woot staff?) wants to follow...:-/

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Definitely Tallulah Bankhead (a distant cousin of Mike Drash from Tallulah Wines)! Yeah, bring on the Tallulah Wines -- was bummed they didn't show up during the woot-off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallulah_Bankhead

Tallulah Brockman Bankhead (January 31, 1902 – December 12, 1968) was an award-winning American actress of the stage and screen,[1] talk-show host, and bonne vivante.[2] Bankhead was also known for her deep voice, flamboyant personality, romances with men and women, and support of liberal causes, which broke with the tendency of Southern Democrats at the time to support a more conservative agenda.[3] She was inducted into the Alabama Women's Hall of Fame in 1981.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

sledged

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sledged

Looks like I need to get my fingers loosened up... ;)

stratma

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stratma
sledged wrote:Looks like I need to get my fingers loosened up... ;)

Looks like I need to plan to stay up. I'd hate to wake up in the morning to the sold out notice.

redwinefan

stratma wrote:Looks like I need to plan to stay up. I'd hate to wake up in the morning to the sold out notice.

Based on texacaliali's hint during the Gazzi deal, I'm wondering if the Tallulah offering might be a case deal.

boylan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages boylan
redwinefan wrote:Based on texacaliali's hint during the Gazzi deal, I'm wondering if the Tallulah offering might be a case deal.

I'm guessing a nice peach wine from ... Louisiana.

stratma

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stratma
redwinefan wrote:Based on texacaliali's hint during the Gazzi deal, I'm wondering if the Tallulah offering might be a case deal.

One can hope. At least I think a mixed case offering could be interesting.

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma
klezman wrote:I know...that 2006 is one of the best QPR wines I have ever had. Period. The Chardonnay was delicious as well. I was hoping there'd be more 2006 or maybe even 2005 hanging around for another offer...

I thought the 2006 was amazing. The 2007 not so much (I had 4 of each plus 4 of the chard after a buy from woot probably a year ago). BUT I just opened the 2007 earlier this evening and it is MUCH better than I remember, especially after giving it some air. It was a little hot to start off but now has really opened up!

sledged

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sledged

10 minutes 'til showtime! I've got the wine decanted and in my glass...

jimjacks66

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jimjacks66
texacaliali wrote:oh I think everyone missing/needing more wine will be very pleased this weekend...patience my dear grasshoppers.

With the mention of "grasshoppers", perhaps something from Porter-Bass?

redwinefan

sledged wrote:10 minutes 'til showtime! I've got the wine decanted and in my glass...

Thanks for joining the night owls tonight!

redwinefan

Hmmm... guess I'm just confused.

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

I've had tracking numbers for this woot and the Saxon Brown wootoff offering for the past 5 days. Basically just says a shipping label has been created but there has been no other activity. Is this normal? I've never had this happen with woot before.

brewsleee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brewsleee
eluofthenine wrote:I've had tracking numbers for this woot and the Saxon Brown wootoff offering for the past 5 days. Basically just says a shipping label has been created but there has been no other activity. Is this normal? I've never had this happen with woot before.

Ditto, any one else experiencing this? I actually had a delivery date of March 2nd via Fedex tracking and now it too has been stuck on "initiated" for a few days.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

brewsleee wrote:Ditto, any one else experiencing this? I actually had a delivery date of March 2nd via Fedex tracking and now it too has been stuck on "initiated" for a few days.

Yeah, that's normal. The shipping information is electronically sent to FedEx and that generates shipping numbers. They will receive the actual shipment a day to a few days later. Then FedEx has to scan it all into their system. That's when you'll see an update.

If you don't see any movement by the end of the week, then raise a flag but for now, I think things are fine.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

brewsleee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brewsleee
ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, that's normal. The shipping information is electronically sent to FedEx and that generates shipping numbers. They will receive the actual shipment a day to a few days later. Then FedEx has to scan it all into their system. That's when you'll see an update.

If you don't see any movement by the end of the week, then raise a flag but for now, I think things are fine.

Thanks for the info!

catfishhunters99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages catfishhunters99

Mine arrived yesterday, so just about everyone should have theirs in hand by now. How long to let it rest? I'm thinking Easter Sunday for the first cork pull.

catfishhunters99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages catfishhunters99

I did open one of these Easter Sunday. Very pleasant bottle, enjoyed with the ham and after as a sipper while watching Bubba win the Masters.