0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

• (3:18 PM, 2/22/2012) bubbleoffplumb has a mini review. Called it 'pleasant'.

Cesare

quality posts: 1615 Private Messages Cesare

Dono dal Cielo Zinfandel
$53.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 3 2006 Dono dal Cielo Zinfandel
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

limesc1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages limesc1

http://www.donodalcielo.com/wordpress/?page_id=41#ecwid:category=1019406&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal

$28 per bottle on their website.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

But when I take a bubble bath, I prefer a white zin. It complements the scent of the floating vanilla candles well.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

RaiderSPE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RaiderSPE

Relating back to that WootBot question. . . This would be a great place to offer a mix pack. 2 of the 06 Zin and one of the Late Harvest Zins ,or even a rose, they have on their website. I think there would be much more interest. just my 2 cents.

ladybesu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ladybesu

I know I may be in the minority, but I'm really hoping some cheese gets posted soon. I'm that rebel who loves Wine Woot but doesn't drink wine.

lmensor

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lmensor

Of course, one that I was finally going to buy and they don't have MD on the list

mbmiche

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mbmiche

$28 per bottle on the website with a 15% 1/2 case discount (30% for members). After adding tax (yes, their website calculates tax) and shipping, you would come out decently ahead of the member price. Not a screamer, but not a bad value either.

limesc1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages limesc1

This was offered by woot back in Nov 2011. Here is a post to the discussion blog. Also, there was an intro by the winemaker that might shed some light for those who have not heard of this maker.

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4725228

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Has there ever been a wine.woot deal that not even one person bought?

Just curious and I'm not a cat, so I'm safe.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
limesc1 wrote:This was offered by woot back in Nov 2011. Here is a post to the discussion blog. Also, there was an intro by the winemaker that might shed some light for those who have not heard of this maker.

ENHANCE!

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

The previous post about cheese got me thinking. Maybe this is a 3 day woot-off and maybe since we have had no non-wine items so far, and tomorrow is thursday (typically the non-wine day), tomorrow will be all non-wine woot-off items.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

from Comstock.com
Dono dal Cielo 2006 Zinfandel, Placer County $40: This is a classic Zinfandel, reminiscent of the great Zinfandels from the late 1970s and ’80s. This isn’t your typical Zinfandel — heavy, high alcohol and overextracted — it highlights brighter fruit notes with aromas and flavors of cinnamon, allspice and anise. The fruit component is raspberry and cherry. It has good acidity and a balance of light to moderate tannins.

and this vid from James the wine guy
http://jamesthewineguy.wordpress.com/2010/02/04/dono-dal-cielo-sierra-foothills-zinfandel-%E2%80%93-2006-%E2%80%93-8-9-james-melendez-jaime-patricio-melendez/

I'm going in for one

diosabellissima

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diosabellissima

This Woot Off has had a whole mess of reds-- in fact, the last several Woot Offs have had a ton of reds. I realize it shows how unrefined my wine tastes are, but I'm a white wine girl. Bring on the whites, Woot!

My favorite white wine ever was bought here-- memories http://wine.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=17211

bubbleoffplumb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bubbleoffplumb

got this back in november -
just had a bottle the other night and wuz thinkin' i should keep an eye out for more.
lucky me.
i'm not good with official terminology, but this is a very pleasant wine.

i wouldn't be ashamed to bring this along to a friends house -
if i could bear to part with a bottle.

in fer 2

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
ladybesu wrote:I know I may be in the minority, but I'm really hoping some cheese gets posted soon. I'm that rebel who loves Wine Woot but doesn't drink wine.

My thoughts exactly! Lol

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
diosabellissima wrote:This Woot Off has had a whole mess of reds-- in fact, the last several Woot Offs have had a ton of reds. I realize it shows how unrefined my wine tastes are, but I'm a white wine girl. Bring on the whites, Woot!

My favorite white wine ever was bought here-- memories http://wine.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=17211

The Kaleidoscope is also my g/f's favorite. Unfortunately, I don't think there have been any additional vintages produced.

diosabellissima

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diosabellissima
chipgreen wrote:The Kaleidoscope is also my g/f's favorite. Unfortunately, I don't think there have been any additional vintages produced.

Why would you say such hateful things to me?

But seriously, that stuff is the perfect summer wine, imho. You get the sweetness of gewurztraminer without it being sickeningly sweet. Just light, crisp, and lovely.

takethefarmandrun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages takethefarmandrun

****thread hijack regarding the mother ship****

Until now, I hadn't known that Amazon directly sells wine, beer and spirits within its Grocery and Gourmet Food Department...

****now, back to the regularly scheduled pain****

takethefarmandrun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages takethefarmandrun
takethefarmandrun wrote:****thread hijack regarding the mother ship****

Until now, I hadn't known that Amazon directly sells wine, beer and spirits within its Grocery and Gourmet Food Department...

****now, back to the regularly scheduled pain****

actually, MOST of it is sold via external sites, but still...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
diosabellissima wrote:This Woot Off has had a whole mess of reds-- in fact, the last several Woot Offs have had a ton of reds. I realize it shows how unrefined my wine tastes are, but I'm a white wine girl. Bring on the whites, Woot!

As a fellow white wine fan*, I'm going to pretend I didn't see the word "unrefined" there.

* No really, I get all stuffy and sneezy drinking most reds.

I'm just hanging out, really.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

+eightybillion

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

iwalkthevinesatdono

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iwalkthevinesatdono
RaiderSPE wrote:Relating back to that WootBot question. . . This would be a great place to offer a mix pack. 2 of the 06 Zin and one of the Late Harvest Zins ,or even a rose, they have on their website. I think there would be much more interest. just my 2 cents.

are you in marketing that is an amazing idea, i'll talk to my woot guy about that. it might make everyone crazy around here.

Unclesally

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Unclesally
North316 wrote:The previous post about cheese got me thinking. Maybe this is a 3 day woot-off and maybe since we have had no non-wine items so far, and tomorrow is thursday (typically the non-wine day), tomorrow will be all non-wine woot-off items.

Now that's a great idea.

iwalkthevinesatdono

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iwalkthevinesatdono
diosabellissima wrote:Why would you say such hateful things to me?

But seriously, that stuff is the perfect summer wine, imho. You get the sweetness of gewurztraminer without it being sickeningly sweet. Just light, crisp, and lovely.

speaking of ligh,t crisp, and lovely....we have a Sav Blanc that drives me to drink, it's a 2010, beautiful mineralities, very crisp. Grown for us in the Dry Creek area of healdsburg, if it's not sold online i can get it for you.