$49.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 4 2008 Pedroncelli Morris-Fay Cabernet Sauvignon
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

swmbo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages swmbo

I haven't had this, but this one of the three wineries I was hoping would show! I've loved the mixed cases in the past. So in for two.

globewalker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages globewalker

This was in their mixed case from April.
Always happy with the Pedroncelli
in for 2

sbrady22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sbrady22

When can we get a non-wine food item in this Woot Off? I live in one of those states that won't allow me to purchase, so I love finding the food items when I log on to Wine.Woot. Throw me a bone Woot, just one small one.

EddyGurge

quality posts: 9 Private Messages EddyGurge

I've been having several of my mixed Pedroncelli case this week. They really are great. I was especially impressed with their 2008 Sangiovese, and the 2007 Syrah. I wish I had picked up another two cases back in April!

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SneezyKevinA

I have really enjoyed my past Pedroncelli wines and this one in particular. In for 2 without thinking.

dalylink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dalylink

Aaagh! I knew I shouldn't have looked after work! Pedroncelli is an autobuy. Must go in for one.

Some pretty good reviews:
http://thewinespies.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/2008-pedroncelli-winery-vineyards-morris-fay-cabernet-sauvignon/
http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1050220

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

How would this compare to the Copa Del Ray from this past weekend?

Anyone had both?

Is it broke or just fractured?

wootyougot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootyougot

Your comments made me buy 1... cant wait to taste!

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Balsamic, please

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
sbrady22 wrote:When can we get a non-wine food item in this Woot Off? I live in one of those states that won't allow me to purchase, so I love finding the food items when I log on to Wine.Woot. Throw me a bone Woot, just one small one.

During a woot!off you have to check multiple sites... regular, wine and home for non-wine items. There were salted caramels on regular and glasses on home today. They love to keep us guessing what is going to show up where!

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

They were selling the salted caramels on woot (or home woot?) earlier today.

jchasma

cynthylee wrote:During a woot!off you have to check multiple sites... regular, wine and home for non-wine items. There were salted caramels on regular and glasses on home today. They love to keep us guessing what is going to show up where!

You beat me!

jchasma

bkarlan wrote:Balsamic, please

Agreed! I made a wonderful sauce for a pork loin with the balsamic last week.

caricarpenter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caricarpenter

I want to try this, but I read on an earlier Woot that California 2008 wines were impacted by the fires. Is this one safe?

euphonywho

quality posts: 2 Private Messages euphonywho
caricarpenter wrote:I want to try this, but I read on an earlier Woot that California 2008 wines were impacted by the fires. Is this one safe?

Not necessarily in a bad way! Had a 2008 PN two weeks ago and the smokey was just right. Definitely added to the wine!

caricarpenter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caricarpenter
euphonywho wrote:Not necessarily in a bad way! Had a 2008 PN two weeks ago and the smokey was just right. Definitely added to the wine!

Interesting...now I might have to try this. Thank you!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Pedroncelli Cabernet Sauvignon, Morris Fay Vineyard 2008
Technical Sheets

Tasting Notes
This Cabernet typifies the richer, spicier flavors of Alexander Valley fruit.
Accolades

Accolades for preivious vintage

88 points Cabernet Shoot-out
Price: $19.00

$76 for 4 about 33% off, in for 1

jchasma

On CT: "Beautiful dark garnet color. Nose a bit hot, but nice yeasty aromas under the burning alcohol. Mouth is awesome! Smooth and tasty! Big dark fruit, giving way to a long spicy finish. 90 may be too low a score! At the ~$9 price, it'll be hard to beat!"

When and where was this wine only 9 bucks?!

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr
sbrady22 wrote:When can we get a non-wine food item in this Woot Off? I live in one of those states that won't allow me to purchase, so I love finding the food items when I log on to Wine.Woot. Throw me a bone Woot, just one small one.

Didja miss the salty Milk Duds that were in the main WOOT line up a few hours back? Sold those suckers out.

norvegicus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages norvegicus

instabuy

entraine

quality posts: 2 Private Messages entraine

Sounds like my kind of Cab. In for 2

Hasteur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hasteur

Dear Woot,

I know you have a fascination with Red wine recently, but not all of us care for the "bop you on the head" flavorings or attitude. Please offer some white wines (or sake!). I'd be ever greatful for a good white, blush, or sake right now

debchan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages debchan

I really enjoyed this in the mixed case from last April. Wish it had shown up after payday, as opposed to before.

dgljwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgljwoot

Does anyone know if there has ever been an offering of Port on wine.woot?

brucedoesbms

quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms

Zero food offerings so far on this wine.woot!-off, and only ONE on any site, and that was the caramels on woot! Why are you not purveying your wine.wooters with all the necessary board, grub, fare, fodder, provisions, nourishment, eatables, rations, mess, and sustenance items to complement these wonderful wine offerings?

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

swmbo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages swmbo
dgljwoot wrote:Does anyone know if there has ever been an offering of Port on wine.woot?

There are occasional port offerings ... Or port-style, at least.

slkygrl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages slkygrl

You missed the salted milk & dark chocolate caramels I take it? They were on woot.com just about an hour ago or so...

From Edna St. Vincent Millay:
SECOND FIG
SAFE upon the solid rock the ugly houses stand:
Come and see my shining palace built upon the sand!

Keep on Dreaming!
slkygrl

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
dgljwoot wrote:Does anyone know if there has ever been an offering of Port on wine.woot?

Meyer Family Port was offered on 7/14/11 (I bought some, but haven't opened any yet).

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

dgljwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgljwoot
swmbo wrote:There are occasional port offerings ... Or port-style, at least.

Thank you, was hoping to see one during this woot off.

jchasma

Sextant Cab or Zin please! I promise to buy!

Unclesally

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Unclesally

Pedroncelli Sonoma County Port, 2006 Vintage Port Four Grapes, 12/3/11, and Kent Rasmussen Esoterica 2008 Vermelho Forte, 11/28/11

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
caricarpenter wrote:I want to try this, but I read on an earlier Woot that California 2008 wines were impacted by the fires. Is this one safe?

The fires were about 40 miles north. Aside from the toastiness of the barrel I don't get any "smokiness" in this wine. It's drinking really well right now. It's supposed to be 75 here today. I think I'll grab a steak on the way home and fire up the grill...