1 2007 Flora Ranch
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
1/20/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

nimhgrad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nimhgrad

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4817256 For the prvious offer.

catfishhunters99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages catfishhunters99

Bought this one last time around - bottles are still sitting to recover from any shipping shock.
This still looks like a great deal - you are getting a couple of block designated Syrahs and a third blend for about $25 a bottle. Winery price is $104.00 plus shipping for this set of three.

catfishhunters99

Here is the link to the Saxon Brown site for the Owl block review. If that does not get your mouth watering, you are not a Syrah lover.

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink
nimhgrad wrote:http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4817256 For the prvious offer.

linkified

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

alywa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alywa

Purchased this last time around, and I too am giving them some time. This is probably the purchase from Woot I'm most excited about, but I've got plenty for now. The reviews sound fantastic.

srwatters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srwatters

Wondering if the theme of today's woot-off is "been there, done that?" :-)

Patience is the key, since I bought both of the early offerings first time around...

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

OK just transfered $500 from savings to debit card, I'm now ready for the woot off.

catfishhunters99

srwatters wrote:Wondering if the theme of today's woot-off is "been there, done that?" :-)

Patience is the key, since I bought both of the early offerings first time around...

Isn't that the theme of just about every Woot-off?

I have no room. I have no money left in my wine budget. But if interesting wine pops up, I'll roll the dice and hope Mrs. C is understanding.

fredrinaldi

srwatters wrote:Wondering if the theme of today's woot-off is "been there, done that?" :-)

Panicked when I saw woot off this morning (4;30am L. A. time), checked what I missed and whew!!! missed nothing, I bought the Buono Rosso Red last months woot 1/17

fredrinaldi

Medlock Ames Cab, Medlock Ames Cab, Medlock Ames Cab, Medlock Ames Cab,.........

richmondhokie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richmondhokie

Why are the majority of wines on wine.woot red wines???

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

I'm hoping they also offer the 2008 Saxon Brown Zins again!! I did open one of those and WOW!

catfishhunters99

richmondhokie wrote:Why are the majority of wines on wine.woot red wines???

Because the majority of psycho wine buyers on Woot.com are rednicks. Not to be confused with redNECKS, who prefer something in a 30-pack of cans.

fredrinaldi

jmdavidson wrote:I'm hoping they also offer the 2008 Saxon Brown Zins again!! I did open one of those and WOW!

Ya I'd hit that again, nice wine

bella12977

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bella12977

I also ordered these last time. A bottle got consumed while I was out of town, but I believe the ratings were "delicious." However I am OUT OF ROOM.

That being said.... If any B Cellars come up, I am in for the max...... Budget is already blown anyway.

mngordo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mngordo

Clarity needed here in Maryland!
Some days on Wine Woot, we in Maryland are on the list as being eligible to receive wine by mail. Other days, Maryland is not on the list.
Which is it now? Will not buy until it is certain that wine can be shipped here.

ctripp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctripp
mngordo wrote:Clarity needed here in Maryland!
Some days on Wine Woot, we in Maryland are on the list as being eligible to receive wine by mail. Other days, Maryland is not on the list.
Which is it now? Will not buy until it is certain that wine can be shipped here.

It's winery specific thing, not a Woot specific thing

thelecroy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thelecroy

Just wanted to let everyone know that Jeff from Saxon Brown helped me out when FedEx lost my wines the last time the Zins were around. Plus I love the Zins and I'm looking forward to trying these guys.

bella12977

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bella12977

Hi Mngordo,
Check the FAQ (I pasted it below), Each winery has to get it's own permit to ship to each state. If the particular wine you are looking to buy has no MD, that is because they haven't gotten the permit yet.

What states can you ship to?
"We" ain't shipping jack. Wine.Woot is an advertising platform that connects consumers like you to wineries that want to sell their products directly to consumers. The wineries do the actual selling and shipping, and each winery operates under its own peculiar web of permits and statutes. So each Wine.Woot deal is posted with its own specific list of approved states. Be sure to check that list for details. If your state’s not on the list, no wine for you!

kagayaki1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kagayaki1

I was in for one set last time this was offered, and couldn't resist opening one after about a week. Opened the Owl Block, it was delicious, powerful, and one of the best wines I ever ordered from Woot. There was no bottle shock evident from shipping, and in my opinion these can be drunk a week or two after you get them.

gijose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gijose

I couldn't wait and popped one of these bad boys... wow, tasty syrah! I loved the zins that were offered, so I couldn't resist, and I wasn't let down. Delicious wine, had everything I want in a syrah, food friendly, spicy, fruity, full bodied

NYC!

catfishhunters99

Wine gets shipped to MD if Woot has it listed - I am in Elkton and received this offer earlier.

Here is a link to the State of Maryland Permit list . It changes about every two weeks, so check it out to see if some of your favorites are on the list.

StarM

quality posts: 19 Private Messages StarM

Dang -- Sleep, you have failed me yet again! Missed KR PS again!

But, this SB Syrah looks lovely! Heading to Sonoma 3/5 - makes me happy!

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin

liverman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages liverman

The write ups state the drinking window is 10-20+ years. I am thinking that these need to rest at least 10 years (2017), maybe 2014-2015 for the Flora Ranch to allow their potential to evolve.

Am I on the right track here? Any significant evolution in the bottle expected for these or have the reached a plateau now (5 years post vintage) and will hold until 2027?

Regards,

Greg

catfishhunters99

liverman wrote:The write ups state the drinking window is 10-20+ years. I am thinking that these need to rest at least 10 years (2017), maybe 2014-2015 for the Flora Ranch to allow their potential to evolve.

Am I on the right track here? Any significant evolution in the bottle expected for these or have the reached a plateau now (5 years post vintage) and will hold until 2027?

Greg

Here are Jeff's comments on this subject from the january 20th offer of the Syrahs:

Bottle age is a big thing for me and the wines I make. I believe many wineries release wine to early. Saxon Brown is small enough I can hold on to wines until ready. If Saxon Brown were larger they would put me away for holding on to wines. I just think a wine should be ready to drink upon release and get better from there. And yes it may be a up on a soapbox issue for me.

StarM

Just went to SB website -- I don't see a tasting room -- is there a place we can taste their portfolio while we are in the Sonoma / Healdsburg area?

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin

StarM

Here's Wine Spectator's review - speaks to drinking window, too

93 POINTS - 2007 Saxon Brown Syrah Chalk Hill Flora Ranch
A muscular style, dense and concentrated, with layers of mocha, espresso, ginger, fruitcake, date and dried berry flavors that fan out. Full-bodied, chewy and concentrated. Long and persistent. Best from 2010 through 2015. 245 cases made. –James Laube

Ok - you had me at Syrah .... In for 2!

ego48

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ego48

took me forever to figure out what on earth prevented me from purchasing last time.

right up my tasting alley and nothing but great experience and expectations from those who chimed in.

Always check the simple things.

no shipping to Georgia :-(

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Going in for one to finally try some Saxon Brown. These look great.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
redwinefan wrote:Going in for one to finally try some Saxon Brown. These look great.

Hope you made it...already SOLD OUT!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
jmdavidson wrote:Hope you made it...already SOLD OUT!

Yup, got in under the wire

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

I've had tracking numbers for this woot and the another wootoff offering for the past 5 days. Basically just says a shipping label has been created but there has been no other activity. Is this normal? I've never had this happen with woot before.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

eluofthenine wrote:I've had tracking numbers for this woot and the another wootoff offering for the past 5 days. Basically just says a shipping label has been created but there has been no other activity. Is this normal? I've never had this happen with woot before.

Yeah, that's normal. The shipping information is electronically sent to FedEx and that generates shipping numbers. They will receive the actual shipment a day to a few days later. Then FedEx has to scan it all into their system. That's when you'll see an update.

If you don't see any movement by the end of the week, then raise a flag but for now, I think things are fine.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders