PRODUCT: 5 2006 Buono Rosso Napa Valley Red
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
12/6/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

sfabian37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sfabian37

Another woot off!!!! Unbelievable lol

sdfreedive

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sdfreedive

Wonder if they'll have any PS's in this or if they blew them out on the other wootoff.

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

[redacted].

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

Looks like a nice daily drinker with an interesting blend. I'd love to know the brix at harvest for each of the components.

Woot-off isn't really what I need right now...but those who were kvetching during the PS woot-off had better start thanking WD!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

dstearl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dstearl

Is this a similar blend as the Costa del Sol? Is it the same wine with a different name?

I really liked that one

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
sfabian37 wrote:Another woot off!!!! Unbelievable lol

My wallet isn't happy. Bring on the Tallulah GSM blend please!

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

sfabian37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sfabian37
redwinefan wrote:My wallet isn't happy. Bring on the Tallulah GSM blend please!

Neither is my wife... lol

highaltitudehigh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highaltitudehigh

I think it sounds great,in for one.
I love Sangiovese, this should be fun!

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

This woot-off was unexpected and really came at the wrong time. No worries. I will never complain about a wine woot-off. I will have the app running on my phone while prepping for the move.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

$11/bottle for a Napa red, very nice deal....but I'm full up on Tuesday drinkers...bring on the Saturday night specials

Oh yeah, and curse you WineDavid for ANOTHER wine.woot off

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20

Cellar is full, its going to take something special to get my CC out. C'mon woot give me your best shot.

BTW, for those of you who don't like to commit to the 4-6 packs of the same wine find a wino buddy who will split woots with you. I have about 6 friends who split orders all the time. I end up trying a lot more of these offers that way.

CT

bkarlan

both my red and white cellars are full, however we are having a wine party in the near future where my stock will be depleted. I need to get some rest, but at the same time I need to keep an eye for something that strikes my fancy.

like always, I would like some more Balsamic.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bkarlan

bsevern wrote:...bring on the Saturday night specials

Silly wooter, they dont sell guns at wine.woot.

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

Waiting for a good, moderately priced super tuscan ... tap, tap, tap ...

ablickle

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ablickle

We bought this the last two times it was up. Nice wine and a great bargain. When this was up previously, a review called it a "red table wine with a finish" which is a perfect description. Great wine for any night of the week that will leave you wishing you bought more...

I just checked our supply - 8 bottles left... I guess I shouldn't buy more and yet I am still debating...

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

Definitely great for the price. I still have three left so I'll be skipping. but if you're debating it, it's well worth the money. A nice, well-rounded red.

sdbcmr

greyday wrote:Definitely great for the price. I still have three left so I'll be skipping. but if you're debating it, it's well worth the money. A nice, well-rounded red.

Yeah ... this is actually the sorta deal I'd pounce on, if we weren't over stocked awready ... dang.

forumc40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forumc40

I have mixed feelings on the larger quantity wines I've bought from here before, but I suppose that's a reflection of price too. Either way, this looks interesting and I've enjoyed all of the Italian grapes I've tasted from CA so far, so why not, eh?

Ain't easy...

sdbcmr

forumc40 wrote:I have mixed feelings on the larger quantity wines I've bought from here before, but I suppose that's a reflection of price too. Either way, this looks interesting and I've enjoyed all of the Italian grapes I've tasted from CA so far, so why not, eh?

"Why not" indeed ... I think you'll have a hard time finding a better "utility red" for under $12.

Dodey23

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Dodey23

Glad I just unloaded my wallet at BevMo for their 5cent wine sale! Darn you woot! Darn you to heck!

/shakefist

C'mon carp!

dfstineh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dfstineh

Sorry I missed this one - I think my 5 bottles from last time are gone already - those who jumped in won't be disappointed at this price!

tornadotj

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tornadotj
dfstineh wrote:Sorry I missed this one - I think my 5 bottles from last time are gone already - those who jumped in won't be disappointed at this price!

I bought last time, very sad I missed it this time around. I would have maxed out. This is incredible pizza wine for the price, and honestly it was pretty dang good by itself. We were pleasantly surprised with this one.

Dallas, TX