$56.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 3 2005 Estate Petite Sirah, Paso Robles Foothills
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

So we just had offers on R & B, as well as Estrella, two wineries with apparently little contact with CT reviewers. Has anyone tried these wines? Again, some rat reports would have been nice.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi

See a pattern here, 3 Sirah's in a row, Hope a Cab jumps in here, Like maybe Madlock Ames??? Had 9 deliveries in jan, will I surpass it this month?

StarM

quality posts: 19 Private Messages StarM
fredrinaldi wrote:See a pattern here, 3 Sirah's in a row, Hope a Cab jumps in here, Like maybe Madlock Ames??? Had 9 deliveries in jan, will I surpass it this month?

Apparently it is a PS Woot-Off!

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
fredrinaldi wrote:See a pattern here, 3 Sirah's in a row, Hope a Cab jumps in here, Like maybe Madlock Ames??? Had 9 deliveries in jan, will I surpass it this month?

Fred, this is an all Petite Sirah woot-off in honor of the Dark & Delicious weekend.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 78 Private Messages PetiteSirah

Haven't had this one but the aging is great right now.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

North316

jmdavidson wrote:So we just had offers on R & B, as well as Estrella, two wineries with apparently little contact with CT reviewers. Has anyone tried these wines? Again, some rat reports would have been nice.

Yeah, the big problem with this woot-off is that I don't even know if I like Petite Sirah, as I have yet to try it. By all sounds and descriptions, it sounds like a wine I should thoroughly enjoy, but I am still waiting for some wineries which I know I enjoy, some KR would be very nice.

My CT

fredrinaldi

North316 wrote:Fred, this is an all Petite Sirah woot-off in honor of the Dark & Delicious weekend.

OK, won't hold out for a Cab or two, thanks for the info

tercerowines

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tercerowines
North316 wrote:Yeah, the big problem with this woot-off is that I don't even know if I like Petite Sirah, as I have yet to try it. My all sounds and descriptions, it sounds like a wine I should thoroughly enjoy, but I am still waiting for some wineries which I know I enjoy, some KR would be very nice.

You must might have to take a flyer on one or three of these producers today - you'll never know if you 'find another KR' by just giving one a shot!

And what you'll find today is that there is plenty of 'variety' in this varietal - PS can and is made in many different styles based on where it's grown, how it's fermented, what oak it sees, etc . . .

Cheers!

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

cyclebex

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cyclebex
North316 wrote:Yeah, the big problem with this woot-off is that I don't even know if I like Petite Sirah, as I have yet to try it. My all sounds and descriptions, it sounds like a wine I should thoroughly enjoy, but I am still waiting for some wineries which I know I enjoy, some KR would be very nice.

It is early, go out and find yourself a PS and see if you do!

tercerowines

cyclebex wrote:It is early, go out and find yourself a PS and see if you do!

FWIW, I've tried these wines at a few tastings I've poured at alongside Marc, whose family owns the vineyard, and have always been impressed with the quality of the juice . . .

Cheers!

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Me either, but I have a couple in the cellar. Come on over and we can open a bottle or two. You can even help me pack my house up.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

fredrinaldi

found this on the 2005 vintage http://buyingguide.winemag.com/catalog/estrella-creek-2005-petite-sirah-paso-robles

North316

cyclebex wrote:It is early, go out and find yourself a PS and see if you do!

Hard to do while working.

My CT

justinhandlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinhandlin

I'm just holding out for hopes of Esoterica... please please please

woothewitt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woothewitt

It is unfortunate that so many PS have come up because this is a great deal. It would be almost $90 buying them normally, not the $57 we are getting. Plus if you look at there website there syrahs, all types, tend to sellout so somebody must be liking them. I really need to start trying more of the wineries down here for research since I live on the central coast of California and it seems like half of the wine woots come from here.

vannknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vannknight

Looks like this is $29 at the their website, so a decent value.

tercerowines

woothewitt wrote:It is unfortunate that so many PS have come up because this is a great deal. It would be almost $90 buying them normally, not the $57 we are getting. Plus if you look at there website there syrahs, all types, tend to sellout so somebody must be liking them. I really need to start trying more of the wineries down here for research since I live on the central coast of California and it seems like half of the wine woots come from here.

Yes you do!!!! And if you ever make it down to the Los Olivos area, look me up - would be happy to pour my wines for you and recommend others as well based on what you like.

Cheers!

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
North316 wrote:Hard to do while working.

Only if your job requires driving or using heavy machinery. Otherwise, who's gonna know ;)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

Really wish that this could have happened tomorrow, after I get a chance to taste these tonight!

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
North316 wrote:Hard to do while working.

Go to the bathroom and call in drunk, I mean sick, from there.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

mattkillpack29

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mattkillpack29

wine.woot, you're killing me! Why can't we have a woot off at the beginning of the month when I've got a plethora of cash to throw at you? I'm on a wine moratorium as I have to afford the wine bar I bought yesterday. Damn the bad luck.

PetiteSirah

tercerowines wrote:You must might have to take a flyer on one or three of these producers today - you'll never know if you 'find another KR' by just giving one a shot!

And what you'll find today is that there is plenty of 'variety' in this varietal - PS can and is made in many different styles based on where it's grown, how it's fermented, what oak it sees, etc . . .

Cheers!

Larry Schaffer is an even better person than he is a winemake and that's saying something. If any of his tercero wines just so happen to appear, out of sheer coincidence with his posting, you should "jump een eets!" like a faux Russian oligarch in a directTV commercial.

PetiteSirah

justinhandlin wrote:I'm just holding out for hopes of Esoterica... please please please

If you liked petite sirah I love you on facebook, you would know what was in the hopPerS. Oh ye of little faith...

mschauber

Is this wine.woots answer to the WTSO cheapskate Wednesday?

I ended up ordering 3 items from that and received them yesterday. UNBELIEVABLY fast shipping, almost as fast as a teleportation device ;)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

tercerowines

PetiteSirah wrote:Larry Schaffer is an even better person than he is a winemake and that's saying something. If any of his tercero wines just so happen to appear, out of sheer coincidence with his posting, you should "jump een eets!" like a faux Russian oligarch in a directTV commercial.

Check's in the mail, my friend (-:

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb

Looks like woot is have a PS-off. So now folks can get their PS-on

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

dmacke99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dmacke99
PetiteSirah wrote:Larry Schaffer is an even better person than he is a winemake and that's saying something. If any of his tercero wines just so happen to appear, out of sheer coincidence with his posting, you should "jump een eets!" like a faux Russian oligarch in a directTV commercial.

love that commercial. that was my halloween costume two years ago, even had the mini giraffe.

mschauber

Well I'm working from home today, so I'm going to pop the cork on a bottle of 2006 Meeker Petite Sirah since I too have very little experience with PS.

Anybody tasted the 2006 Meeker PS?

--
My CT

loreelu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages loreelu

Whites! We need some whites! There has only been one white all month (two, if you include the sparkly one, but I hate sparkles). What gives?

tercerowines

loreelu wrote:Whites! We need some whites! There has only been one white all month (two, if you include the sparkly one, but I hate sparkles). What gives?

Tough to make a white out of Petite Sirah . . . though I'll see if I can find some of the 'petite sirah blanc' I made one year . . . (-:

Cheers!

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
tercerowines wrote:Tough to make a white out of Petite Sirah . . . though I'll see if I can find some of the 'petite sirah blanc' I made one year . . . (-:

Cheers!

I recall having a PS Rose once, I think from David Fulton... Excellent stuff. Would love to see that up

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

loreelu wrote:Whites! We need some whites! There has only been one white all month (two, if you include the sparkly one, but I hate sparkles). What gives?

I'm with you, keep watching this month!

WineDavid was my Boss!

tercerowines

cheron98 wrote:I recall having a PS Rose once, I think from David Fulton... Excellent stuff. Would love to see that up

Yep have had a few PS roses - surprised how good they can be . . .

In fact, I may need to search one or two out tonight at D and D!!!

Cheers!

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

mschauber

texacaliali wrote:I'm with you, keep watching this month!

I'd like to use the little storage space I have (don't really have, but will create,) for some non-sparking Riesling, hint hint

--
My CT

North316

mschauber wrote:I'd like to use the little storage space I have (don't really have, but will create,) for some non-sparking Riesling, hint hint

Agreed. Preferably semi-sweet though. I need non-dry whites and roses. My wife loves white and rose wines (though I am converting her to the dark-side) but something about most dry ones just doesn't appeal to me.

My CT

estrellacreek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages estrellacreek

Hello Wine Wooter's, Marc Mays from Estrella Creek here. You all have nailed it, today is a special day featuring all Petite Sirah's due to tonight's Dark and Delicious event sponsored by Petite Sirah Advocacy group call PS I Love You.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
texacaliali wrote:I'm with you, keep watching this month!

Speaking of whites, I see my Etre Chardonnay Woot order just arrived a few minutes ago. Eager to try that one.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

mschauber

estrellacreek wrote:Hello Wine Wooter's, Marc Mays from Estrella Creek here. You all have nailed it, today is a special day featuring all Petite Sirah's due to tonight's Dark and Delicious event sponsored by Petite Sirah Advocacy group call PS I Love You.

Cute name. Does the group do charitable work as well as advocating for PS?

--
My CT