1 Pineapple Orange Gourmet Beef Jerky
1 Basil Citrus Gourmet Turkey Jerky

Product Website

Previous offer:
1/15/10

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl

Aww, I love Jerky, but the ingredients don't work for me. All but one has corn syrup, and at least two have food coloring. I'm also sensitive to nitrates. So, sadly, it's a no go.

Soapie0

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Soapie0

I assume it's just a coincidence that I saw *these* for sale today, huh Woot???

Misty Walker

doryg151

quality posts: 2 Private Messages doryg151

Had it, once, once!

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

In for one, wife loves jerky.

CT

Alfredenigma

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Alfredenigma

Yeah i was excited about this at first as well then i saw the flavors ehhh.... im more of a classic jerky flavor kinda wooter.

noop

nmpls

quality posts: 21 Private Messages nmpls

Had these. Kind of meh.
I like their pork jerky, but it is not part of this.

Closetnerd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Closetnerd

6 ounces? $25?.....pass

"It's become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity."

kraveit

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kraveit

Good evening all -- these new flavors have no nitrates and no artificial flavors. While these flavors are a bit unconventional - they are totally moist and erupt with killer flavors.

Maniac11919

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Maniac11919

5oz for $25??? That's perhaps the most expensive snack I've ever seen.

Compare $25 for 20oz (2-pack):
http://www.amazon.com/Jack-Links-Original-10-Ounce-Packages/dp/B001SIY3EC

And for something that's neither organic nor hand-made... Hrm....

harle85

quality posts: 6 Private Messages harle85

Forget food coloring, this meat has wheat in it! No go for us celiacs

Maniac11919

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Maniac11919

Also, the mark of the beast!!!

Cesare

quality posts: 666

Saain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Saain

heads up: the serving sizes are 1 oz, but each pack is 3.25 oz, totalling 16.25oz.

kraveit

Closetnerd wrote:6 ounces? $25?.....pass

There are 5 bags with 3.25 oz per bag. Our jerky yield usually needs approximately 2.25 pounds of raw beef per one pound of jerky. We use a peeled knuckle cut of beef for our beef products and a turkey breast for our turkey (again both ALL NATURAL) - both cuts of meat maximize the tenderness of the finished product.

Thanks!

alexjleon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alexjleon
Maniac11919 wrote:5oz for $25??? That's perhaps the most expensive snack I've ever seen.

Compare $25 for 20oz (2-pack):
http://www.amazon.com/Jack-Links-Original-10-Ounce-Packages/dp/B001SIY3EC

And for something that's neither organic nor hand-made... Hrm....

I don't know where you and the 6oz guys learned math at but:

5 (bags) * 3.25 (ounces per bag) = 16.25 ounces.

I think the price is fair but the Krave representative joining just to tame the posts is just awkward.

Edit: My slow connection =/ The other people beat me! =p

nmpls

quality posts: 21 Private Messages nmpls
kraveit wrote:There are 5 bags with 3.25 oz per bag. Our jerky yield usually needs approximately 2.25 pounds of raw beef per one pound of jerky. We use a peeled knuckle cut of beef for our beef products and a turkey breast for our turkey (again both ALL NATURAL) - both cuts of meat maximize the tenderness of the finished product.

Thanks!

I would note that the meat quality is top notch. My gripe is with the flavors, just not for me. Others may disagree.

nmpls wrote:Had these. Kind of meh.
I like their pork jerky, but it is not part of this.

I hate to hate because i could eat a pound of the pork in one sitting (yummy), but not a fan of the rest, something just seemed weird about the rest.
The sweet goes better with pork and pork is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.
(What i'm saying is do a woot of just pork and I'm in for 3)

zschriock

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zschriock

Sells for $10 more directly from Krave for the same 5 pack (kravejerky.com). It's impossible to find good nitrate and hormone free jerky for this price. In for 3.

johnarooo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnarooo

is this wine.woot or jerky.woot?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
johnarooo wrote:is this wine.woot or jerky.woot?

We like snacks on occasion. Welcome!

alexjleon wrote:
I think the price is fair but the Krave representative joining just to tame the posts is just awkward.

Goodness no, we love it when our product reps drop in, especially at these late hours!

I'm just hanging out, really.

scfreshy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scfreshy
alexjleon wrote:

I like the fact they are here to offer support and answer questions. I have seen this done for other products here too and I feel that it only helps with buyer decisions. YMMV.

brucedoesbms

quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms

Hey! It's the Roomba of semi-fine foods! Thanks again wine.woot! I'm really hoping this isn't the ORIGINAL batch from way back yonder...

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite

i bought these last woot and LOVE the chili lime glad to see it's included again along with some other interesting flavors!

alexjleon

inkycatz wrote:Goodness no, we love it when our product reps drop in, especially at these late hours!

scfreshy wrote:I like the fact they are here to offer support and answer questions. I have seen this done for other products here too and I feel that it only helps with buyer decisions. YMMV.

I retract my statement, then! I guess I'm a horrible lurker!

Now that I think about it, it's pretty nice. Nonetheless, this might be my first woot... some jerky =p.

kraveit

brucedoesbms wrote:Hey! It's the Roomba of semi-fine foods! Thanks again wine.woot! I'm really hoping this isn't the ORIGINAL batch from way back yonder...

Nope - It's a new recipe with a new cut of beef. We are now USDA certified All-Natural - whereas before we were not.

jimjacks66

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jimjacks66

I bought just to counter-act some of the earlier negative posts. Stange start to a non-wine woot offering. Thursdays are typically non-wines. People just need to relax.

Krave All Natural Jerky Sampler
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: sombraala
Speed to first woot: 1m 5.593s
Last wooter to woot: jimjacks66

JonnyRock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JonnyRock

The wife and I really enjoyed these as snacks on our honeymoon in Hawaii, in for 2!

brucedoesbms

inkycatz wrote:Goodness no, we love it when our product reps drop in, especially at these late hours!

Yo! ink paws: If you're not early, your late... good morning!

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

alexjleon

One last post before I decide on 2 or 3 - when should the expiration date be for these, in general?

inkycatz

jimjacks66 wrote:I bought just to counter-act some of the earlier negative posts. Stange start to a non-wine woot offering.

I like to think that the enthusiastic folks are making sure they got in on the deal before commenting.

brucedoesbms wrote:Yo! ink paws: If you're not early, your late... good morning!

Technically, it's inching towards late on the west coast. Morning, evening, I'm not sure any more this week to be honest.

jimjacks66

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jimjacks66
inkycatz wrote:I like to think that the enthusiastic folks are making sure they got in on the deal before commenting.

I love your positive spin to things. Will try to implement this strategy on a daily basis!

deejayfiggy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deejayfiggy

I'm amazed that so many of you are willing to drop $25 on a lb of flavored packaged jerky......and they say this is a bag economy

MissLinda

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MissLinda

this is the best beef jerky ever made and packaged.... mouthgasm....

kraveit

alexjleon wrote:One last post before I decide on 2 or 3 - when should the expiration date be for these, in general?

Our jerky has a 9 month shelf life - while most of the other store bought jerky (with nitrates) can carry a 1-2 year shelf life. Thanks!

mikecris

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mikecris

LOL.... Math is apparently not a strong point for midnight Wooters. But still... $24 per lb for preserved meat is still rather high. Especially with all those questionable ingredients. Once I saw Alton Brown's method of making jerky with a box fan and A/C filters, I just can't justify the money.

alexjleon

kraveit wrote:Our jerky has a 9 month shelf life - while most of the other store bought jerky (with nitrates) can carry a 1-2 year shelf life. Thanks!

Now I feel bad for being a bit... jerky.

Thanks! In for 3.

kraveit

mikecris wrote:LOL.... Math is apparently not a strong point for midnight Wooters. But still... $24 per lb for preserved meat is still rather high. Especially with all those questionable ingredients. Once I saw Alton Brown's method of making jerky with a box fan and A/C filters, I just can't justify the money.

Thanks for bringing it out!! -- The ingredients listed on the page are incorrect. Please check out the ingredients on the website. Our new recipe has NO Artificial ingredients. Thanks...

brucedoesbms

deejayfiggy wrote:I'm amazed that so many of you are willing to drop $25 on a lb of flavored packaged jerky......and they say this is a bag economy

You're right, it IS a bag economy:

inkycatz

kraveit wrote:Thanks for bringing it out!! -- The ingredients listed on the page are incorrect. Please check out the ingredients on the website. Our new recipe has NO Artificial ingredients. Thanks...

Thank you for being on that and letting us know. I'll drop the necessary folks a note, but it might not get fixed til the morning.

dorianh49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dorianh49

I'm confused. The insider comments imply that this jerky has no nitrates/nitrites; however, the ingredients list "sodium nitrite cure".

Sorry that my first woot! post is short on praise, because I love me some woot!, but this deal is kinda blah, and may even be a little deceptive. You can't call something "All Natural" if it contains artificial colors and/or high fructose corn syrup.

EDIT: Never mind, it appears that woot! has the ingredients listed incorrectly. Interest piqued.