+ Add a Comment

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mewalk707 wrote:I think unicorns piss petite sirah and fart rainbows. Or so i've heard. Now i'm hungry for unicorn steak.

Hey, hey, hey!!! Watch it!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
tenuki wrote:It's a little known fact that unicorns taste like petite sirah.

ohhhhhh.... that sounds yummy!! you should bring your magical unicorn wine so we can experience the magic!! ha ha ha

mommadeb1

[quote postid="4985410" user="MarkDaSpark"]Is the Crack o' Noon still considered morning?

crack of noon sounds good to me. We did minus 5 when we were there earlier...I don't remember if we paid 75 for both or if hubby had to pay 15, cause we were cheap! It was great cause we were the only people in there!!

mommadeb1

tiger7610 wrote:Anyone else going back to the east coast can take a half a case? Especially people flying southwest? Or heck I can probably make my way to michigan at some point (hint hint cheron)

if you lived closer I would.... sorry!

mommadeb1

mewalk707 wrote:I think unicorns piss petite sirah and fart rainbows. Or so i've heard. Now i'm hungry for unicorn steak.

if you eat them, then you can't get the unicorn pee and we wouldn't have anymore rainbows!!

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

wow... hotel rooms are selling like hotcakes right now!!

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5 NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

mommadeb1

sukeiasa wrote:wow... hotel rooms are selling like hotcakes right now!!

I know!! it is unreal! what is happening that weekend other than our all important bottling!?

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
mommadeb1 wrote:I know!! it is unreal! what is happening that weekend other than our all important bottling!?

You had to ask, lol. I stopped counting at 200,000 visitors.

mommadeb1

sanity wrote:You had to ask, lol. I stopped counting at 200,000 visitors.

holy crap!! thats a bunch of people!!

mommadeb1

I had a rant here, but realized I posted in wrong pub...so I put the rant where it belongs!

sanity

cheron98 wrote:There's going to be an annular solar eclipse on May 20. That's going to be awesome. Vegas is (just) out of the central line, but the eclipse ends at sunset, so we'll at least see a partial. *ponder* Looks like the Valley of Fire is in the zone, though. Oh, how opportune! But that would mean doing the Valley trip later in the day... I would totally skip Fogo to get a chance at seeing this eclipse, though...

We wouldn't have to miss Fogo; isn't the eclipse somewhere around 6:30 pm ish? Most of you are sleeping beauties anyway; a late start was a given in my book.
How about a late breakfast/brunch, gamble, nap, gamble, etc. leave for our trek around 4 pm and be at Fogo around 8 or 8:30 pm?

sanity

On another note, Drink and Drag opened this week in Neonopolis on Fremont Street. They have bowling, opens at 4 I think, and we can reserve lanes.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
sanity wrote:We wouldn't have to miss Fogo; isn't the eclipse somewhere around 6:30 pm ish? Most of you are sleeping beauties anyway; a late start was a given in my book.
How about a late breakfast/brunch, gamble, nap, gamble, etc. leave for our trek around 4 pm and be at Fogo around 8 or 8:30 pm?

That'll work.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

sanity wrote:On another note, Drink and Drag opened this week in Neonopolis on Fremont Street. They have bowling, opens at 4 I think, and we can reserve lanes.

awesome! I still have yet to see fremont street!

mommadeb1

sanity wrote:We wouldn't have to miss Fogo; isn't the eclipse somewhere around 6:30 pm ish? Most of you are sleeping beauties anyway; a late start was a given in my book.

works for us....

mommadeb1

sanity wrote:On another note, Drink and Drag opened this week in Neonopolis on Fremont Street. They have bowling, opens at 4 I think, and we can reserve lanes.

Oh, my Galaxy!!! that is sooo awesome!! count us in!!

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Personally I'd vote for something else. I have no interest at all in drag shows of any sort. I'd rather just do regular bowling.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Personally I'd vote for something else. I have no interest at all in drag shows of any sort. I'd rather just do regular bowling.

I think drag shows are a lot of fun!!

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Personally I'd vote for something else. I have no interest at all in drag shows of any sort. I'd rather just do regular bowling.

you are such a party pooper. "i don't wanna go for a ride to the valley of fire. i don't wanna see the epitome of vegas in the form of drag bowling." what am i gonna do with you?

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:you are such a party pooper. "i don't wanna go for a ride to the valley of fire. i don't wanna see the epitome of vegas in the form of drag bowling." what am i gonna do with you?

Marry him? That'll teach him!!!

Although since Sundays are "Super faster than light" ... while you guys go there, HaK and I can visit this place on Fremont!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Marry him? That'll teach him!!!

Although since Sundays are "Super faster than light" ... while you guys go there, HaK and I can visit this place on Fremont!

crap, I just spent good money for hubby's bowling shirt... if he ends up going with u there, I'm out the cost of the shirt... plus dances!!! I'm sure he would rather go there than bowling!

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

I'm in for that!

edit: I'd also be in for drag queen bowling.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:crap, I just spent good money for hubby's bowling shirt... if he ends up going with u there, I'm out the cost of the shirt... plus dances!!! I'm sure he would rather go there than bowling!

Well, we are bowling on Saturday ... and on the bright side, you have an excuse to buy more wine and he can't say anything!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, we are bowling on Saturday ... and on the bright side, you have an excuse to buy more wine and he can't say anything!

I am very lucky...hubby is game for either!! We have Drag Queen Bingo here, we have only been once... but need to go back! it is well worth it!

cheron98

He'd have to pop the question first

And if you guys want to go to Glitter Gulch, that's fine. I have no problem with it, so long as he comes back to me

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I guess that implies that cheron will say yes. This sounds like it will be a fun trip, one of these days I will have to make the bottling. In the mean time, still have to figure out how to get my wine back to the east coast.

Imagine4vr

tiger7610 wrote:I guess that implies that cheron will say yes. This sounds like it will be a fun trip, one of these days I will have to make the bottling. In the mean time, still have to figure out how to get my wine back to the east coast.

I believe sanity can ship your wine to you for the cost of shipping. I know she did that for some people in previous years.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

We're doing WHAT?

Just teasing, but y'all have been busy and it's hilarious. My flight out's at a little before 10 Sunday, so will likely join for Valley of Fire and skip Fogo.

CT

tiger7610

Apparently this whole event has morphed into Wine.Woot gone wild.

mommadeb1

silly question of the day.... For bottling, do we need to bring our own bottles and shipping box?

sanity

mommadeb1 wrote:silly question of the day.... For bottling, do we need to bring our own bottles and shipping box?

nope, everything is supplied. The boxes are lightweight, though, like what you see in wine stores. I don't have any extra shipping weight boxes at this time. You may want to bring a heavy wine box with you.

tiger, previously, it cost about $40 to ship 12 shares to the east coast.

sanity

Fremont Street is best seen at night; it's not really a place to visit during daylight hours. (;

If we are doing Valley of Fire on Sunday, let's save the visit to Drink and Drag for another time, and do bowling Saturday after the bottling at Red Rock or the Orleans or any number of other spots.

Imagine4vr

sanity wrote:nope, everything is supplied. The boxes are lightweight, though, like what you see in wine stores. I don't have any extra shipping weight boxes at this time. You may want to bring a heavy wine box with you.

tiger, previously, it cost about $40 to ship 12 shares to the east coast.

I have a couple case and 1/2 case shipping boxes with the styrofoam or the cardboard inserts. Let me know if anyone needs them, and I'll throw them in my car.

tiger7610

So would half a case be 20 dollars then? Is there anyone else who wants wine on the east coast and wants to split the shipping?

mommadeb1

Imagine4vr wrote:I have a couple case and 1/2 case shipping boxes with the styrofoam or the cardboard inserts. Let me know if anyone needs them, and I'll throw them in my car.

Me please! I went out to the garage, to find out that my Styrofoam inserts I have been saving...have been used by the children.... I wasn't smart enough to remember save them!!! So if you have room and don't mind.. I would love it if you would bring the styrofoam!!

I am getting a case..

thanks!!

sanity

tiger7610 wrote:So would half a case be 20 dollars then? Is there anyone else who wants wine on the east coast and wants to split the shipping?

I don't know the exact cost- depends upon the final destination. Look up the cost from Vegas to your area using whichever carrier you prefer, estimating size of package and weight.

sanity

Imagine4vr wrote:I have a couple case and 1/2 case shipping boxes with the styrofoam or the cardboard inserts. Let me know if anyone needs them, and I'll throw them in my car.

.....and once again, imagine4vr comes through! Thanks!

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Imagine, can you (or someone) bring another empty case shipping box for me too? I'll need one for mine & PB's wine.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1

new silly question for the day: Do I need to bring wine with or should I plan on purchasing when we get there?

sanity

mommadeb1 wrote:new silly question for the day: Do I need to bring wine with or should I plan on purchasing when we get there?

We usually have a (loose) theme and bring wine - some people by it here (Total wine, Trader Joe's are nearby) some people pack it.

Remember, we have 6 bottles to taste from trading our wine at the awards dinner.

Do we want a theme, or everyone bring a favorite, and we'll taste from light to heavy?