cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Imagine4vr wrote:I saw the Vegas show of Phantom a few years ago. It was a great show - but - if you're a big fan of Phantom you might be disappointed since they do cut out quite a bit to fit in less than a 90 min show.

At $66 though, I think it would be worth it. Unfortunately I won't be in town Mon night.

Phantom is arguably my favorite, and I have it pretty much memorized, so I think I might be horrified at having scenes cut out. I was surprised to see the back-to-back shows of 7 and 9:30, that just didn't seem like nearly enough time. Thanks for the heads up on that.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

klezman

quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman

My $0.02:
I likely wouldn't be in for Phantom...it's the only show in which I've fallen asleep :o If molarchae wanted to see it I'd go, though, and give it another shot. It's very low probability we'd stay until Tuesday or even late enough Monday night to go.
I'm in agreement with the general sentiment of cooking and small gathering at sanity's house. Of course happy to contribute to the food costs and assist in prep. We could even do a sort of recipe potluck where we each are responsible for a dish but then communally cook it.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
klezman wrote:My $0.02:
I likely wouldn't be in for Phantom...it's the only show in which I've fallen asleep :o If molarchae wanted to see it I'd go, though, and give it another shot. It's very low probability we'd stay until Tuesday or even late enough Monday night to go.
I'm in agreement with the general sentiment of cooking and small gathering at sanity's house. Of course happy to contribute to the food costs and assist in prep. We could even do a sort of recipe potluck where we each are responsible for a dish but then communally cook it.

tenuki's ramen! just kidding. kind of ...

CT

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

i can show y'all how to cook pizza with my cell phone... promise to taste just like dominos...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
klezman wrote:My $0.02:

Sometimes the gatherings aren't so small. (;
...and my kitchen work space isn't that big. I can cook about anything. We can do foods from around the world..... Thai chicken satay with peanut sauce, some kind of yummy Mexican stew, tenuki's ramen, Italian, etc. I have a big grill, so the choices there are wide open.

tenuki

sanity wrote:Sometimes the gatherings aren't so small. (;
...and my kitchen work space isn't that big. I can cook about anything. We can do foods from around the world..... Thai chicken satay with peanut sauce, some kind of yummy Mexican stew, tenuki's ramen, Italian, etc. I have a big grill, so the choices there are wide open.

Haha, I was mostly joking. If we're serious about me cooking, I'd probably do rice cakes (ovalettes). One of the few signature things I can do.

CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

sanity, do you think maybe you can update the thread name to put Las Vegas (or something) at the beginning instead of CyberPub? I keep clicking on this thread by accident when I mean to click on the actual Cyberpub.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Phantom is arguably my favorite, and I have it pretty much memorized, so I think I might be horrified at having scenes cut out. I was surprised to see the back-to-back shows of 7 and 9:30, that just didn't seem like nearly enough time. Thanks for the heads up on that.

What about Jersey Boys? Moving to Paris, IIRC. And supposedly good reviews. Not that I've looked.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

sanity wrote:I like the idea of doing the get-together at my place, too, because it is nice to hang out, be comfortable, not worry about taking up space in a restaurant, etc.

So, time to start thinking of a theme, and types of food.

Any requests, besides the lamb?

And for the theme, do we want to pick a country, a type of wine - ideas please.

I do have several different White Ports for after dinner (Wellington, Prager, etc.) that we can try.

Also, apparently we must visit The Zombie Apocalypse Store sometime during our stay. (Plus the video was from Woot!).

Edit: Perhaps Rhone Blends, or Bordeaux Blends?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:What about Jersey Boys? Moving to Paris, IIRC. And supposedly good reviews. Not that I've looked.

I actually really want to see The Lion King, if it's still running.

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

are we doing shots of whip cream again?

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
cheron98 wrote:I actually really want to see The Lion King, if it's still running.

I would be all into the Lion King!

sanity

Yes, the thread title is changed - thanks for reminding me.

Sparky, I like the idea of Rhone blends; maybe we can narrow it a little further? I know we a general blends theme a couple years ago.

I'm game for (most!) of whatever you all would like to do for activities, etc.

Pick a flavor and bring on the alcohol-infused whipped cream! It keeps for a long time. No refrigeration is required.

cheron98

Imagine4vr wrote:I would be all into the Lion King!

Rats, looks like it's gone

MarkDaSpark

sanity wrote:Yes, the thread title is changed - thanks for reminding me.

Sparky, I like the idea of Rhone blends; maybe we can narrow it a little further? I know we a general blends theme a couple years ago.

I'm game for (most!) of whatever you all would like to do for activities, etc.

Pick a flavor and bring on the alcohol-infused whipped cream! It keeps for a long time. No refrigeration is required.

Well, Northern Rhone red wines are mostly Syrah based, so maybe Southern Rhone wines?

Châteauneuf-du-Pape (Southern Rhone) can contain up to 13 varieties of wine grapes (eight red and five white)

Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre, Carignan and Cinsault blends for reds.

Ugni Blanc, Marsanne, Roussanne, Bourboulenc, Picpoul, Clairette, and Viognier for white blends.

Other varietals allowed in Southern Rhone wines include: Brun Argenté (locally called Camarèse or Vaccarèse), Calitor, Carignan Blanc, Clairette Blanche, Clairette Rose, Counoise, Grenache Blanc, Grenache Gris, Grenache Noir, Marselan, Muscardin, Muscat Blanc à Petits Grains, Muscat Rouge à Petits Grains, Picardan, Piquepoul Blanc, Piquepoul Gris, Piquepoul Noir, Terret Noir

So any blends including those as the main ones? So some of the Rhone Ranger wines should work.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Rats, looks like it's gone

Oh darn!

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh darn!

Cirque seems to be dominating the Las Vegas entertainment anymore. Not that that's a bad thing, but losing Lion King really makes me sad, I really want to see that sometime, and it just hadn't panned out in previous trips. Don't really have an interest in Jersey Boys. Sad about Phantom being truncated... sigh.

tenuki

cheron98 wrote:Cirque seems to be dominating the Las Vegas entertainment anymore. Not that that's a bad thing, but losing Lion King really makes me sad, I really want to see that sometime, and it just hadn't panned out in previous trips. Don't really have an interest in Jersey Boys. Sad about Phantom being truncated... sigh.

La Reve is supposed to be better than most of the cirque shows but I've never found a great discount on it either.

Whipped cream, from everything I got last time we should whip our own and add what we want to it

And why do we want a less confused HAK again? :P

CT

sanity

I like the idea of southern Rhone blends. What about doing all whites? (ok, I'm ducking...!)

I agree about the whipped cream; the smell was off-putting to me.

We could always go out to Bonnie Springs and see the old vaudeville show - a melodrama, or hanging, or posse show. Corny but cute. (;

Imagine4vr

If anyone here is an elite yelper, they are planning a 4 day event in Vegas for west coast yelpers (and I'm sure others would be welcome as well), thurs thru sunday. Still in the planning stages, but it will include discounted rooms, free parties, discounted/free? shows etc. Just go to the elite page and click Las Vegas to RSVP.

tenuki

On phone and too lazy to link but groupon for hash house at m resort but limit 1 per table of course

CT

HitAnyKey42

klezman wrote:Most likely, say 90%. The delay in confirming is due to my impending move and sorting out logistics from there. I'll try to get it sorted asap, though, since I suspect you need to make reservations.

Let me know as soon as you can firm it up. The reservations are now made, and Cat's friend has officially back out of coming. So the second bedroom is yours if you want it.
The 2-bedroom unit is booked from Friday night through Monday night, but I'll of course only charge you for whatever nights you need. Even with the other bedroom being empty Sun/Mon night, it'll still be cheaper than if we had the 1-bedroom unit for the 4 nights. So it's no big deal if you only have the room for 2 nights, but it'll be available if you wanted it longer. After all, you are more than welcome to hang out with us on Monday too.

If anyone else wants rooms at the resort, let me know.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

klezman

quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Let me know as soon as you can firm it up. The reservations are now made, and Cat's friend has officially back out of coming. So the second bedroom is yours if you want it.
The 2-bedroom unit is booked from Friday night through Monday night, but I'll of course only charge you for whatever nights you need. Even with the other bedroom being empty Sun/Mon night, it'll still be cheaper than if we had the 1-bedroom unit for the 4 nights. So it's no big deal if you only have the room for 2 nights, but it'll be available if you wanted it longer. After all, you are more than welcome to hang out with us on Monday too.

If anyone else wants rooms at the resort, let me know.

I'll know more in a couple weeks! Never mind the part where this should have been a done deal about 8 months ago...

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

I must now put myself into the "regrets" column. I am taking my mother on a long promised trip. She and I made a pact - she survives cancer, and I take her anywhere she wants to go for vacation. We've finally reconciled schedules, and it's my turn to pay up. (A debt I'm more than happy to pay!)

Imagine4vr

cjsiege wrote:I must now put myself into the "regrets" column. I am taking my mother on a long promised trip. She and I made a pact - she survives cancer, and I take her anywhere she wants to go for vacation. We've finally reconciled schedules, and it's my turn to pay up. (A debt I'm more than happy to pay!)

So glad to hear about your Mom, awesome news. Are you sure she doesn't want to go to Vegas?!

I have a couple bottles of Robert Craig calling your name ;)

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
Imagine4vr wrote:So glad to hear about your Mom, awesome news. Are you sure she doesn't want to go to Vegas?!

I have a couple bottles of Robert Craig calling your name ;)

Oh, you are such a tease!!! But I'm afraid that a wonderful, long weekend in Vegas doesn't sound quite as good as 12 days of Aloha...

tenuki

cjsiege wrote:Oh, you are such a tease!!! But I'm afraid that a wonderful, long weekend in Vegas doesn't sound quite as good as 12 days of Aloha...

Sorry I won't get to meet you but that is an awesome reason to skip. Hope you and your mom have a great trip!

CT

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:Oh, you are such a tease!!! But I'm afraid that a wonderful, long weekend in Vegas doesn't sound quite as good as 12 days of Aloha...

Not even with some Mumm sparklies???

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
cjsiege wrote:I must now put myself into the "regrets" column. I am taking my mother on a long promised trip. She and I made a pact - she survives cancer, and I take her anywhere she wants to go for vacation. We've finally reconciled schedules, and it's my turn to pay up. (A debt I'm more than happy to pay!)

sorry, to hear you won't be there! Enjoy your time with your mom!!!

mommadeb1

with my crazy schedule, I keep forgetting to check this thread... must read up tomorrow... still need to book a hotel... nothing like waiting til the last min!!

sanity

cj not coming = for us, but for you!

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:with my crazy schedule, I keep forgetting to check this thread... must read up tomorrow... still need to book a hotel... nothing like waiting til the last min!!

Aww, how cute, you think NOW is "last minute". You really must get to know the SoCal group better. THEY can show you "last minute"

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:Aww, how cute, you think NOW is "last minute". You really must get to know the SoCal group better. THEY can show you "last minute"

well you will get a laugh out of this... I was thinking it was next month!! ha ha ha... I am really a last min. person... as in waiting until the last possible min..... literally!! the joke is I will be late to my own funeral!! ha ha ha

HitAnyKey42

mommadeb1 wrote:with my crazy schedule, I keep forgetting to check this thread... must read up tomorrow... still need to book a hotel... nothing like waiting til the last min!!

I can still book a resort unit for you too. Or if Klezman backs out, there's always the second bedroom of our unit.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I have actually seen Phantom at Las Vegas, and while I have never seen it before, I did enjoy it. The special effects were very nice, but I do have to agree apparently they did truncate the show, so if you are a very big fan I probably wouldnt see it, but it was still a very enjoyable experience.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Aww, how cute, you think NOW is "last minute". You really must get to know the SoCal group better. THEY can show you "last minute"

Duh!

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I can still book a resort unit for you too. Or if Klezman backs out, there's always the second bedroom of our unit.

thanks... I will keep that in mind....

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:Phantom is arguably my favorite, and I have it pretty much memorized, so I think I might be horrified at having scenes cut out. I was surprised to see the back-to-back shows of 7 and 9:30, that just didn't seem like nearly enough time. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Phantom is also my favorite....I still cry at the ending!!! I don't know how many times I have seen it.... My hubby and kids love to watch me watching the movie also....they wait for me to cry so they can make fun of me!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Duh!

Oh My Gookie! ! I need this poster!!

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:Oh My Gookie! ! I need this poster!!

Too bad you missed the Woot Shirt then.