bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
klezman wrote:Thanks! The earlier survey showed that the bottle from Garagiste had a nicely protruding cork but no seepage. A couple Cyberpub bottles had protruding corks but I didn't yet check for seepage. The Graciano you delivered one bottle looks like there's seepage and otherwise the rest looked ok, although given the heat/sun involved who knows if they're all cooked regardless of seepage. I'll check them out properly another night when I have more time.

You could just make a plan to open them soon.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

klezman wrote:Update: at least one of my two hand-delivered bottles of TO Graciano are cooked. I found a lovely wine stain on the pair of shorts that was next to one of the bottles Hopefully it only got one of the bottles and not both, and hopefully most of the Cyberpub wine is still happy.

Wine Away works wonders! i've used it on table cloths, napkins, clothes, rpm's shirt.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

tenuki wrote:Can take a Graciano off me assuming CAGrl doesn't cook all my wine as well ;)

Hey, watch what you say! She has our new CyberPub blend!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
bahwm wrote:Hey, watch what you say! She has our new CyberPub blend!

She is wise.

I actually have his CyberPub blend as well. So I have 2.5 cases of wine sitting next to my bed. Using it currently as my nightstand.

bahwm

CAGrl wrote:She is wise.

I actually have his CyberPub blend as well. So I have 2.5 cases of wine sitting next to my bed. Using it currently as my nightstand.

Too funny!

CAGrl

bahwm wrote:Too funny!

Yup. I brought home 3 cases (+2 in my backpack) back with me from Vegas. It was a pain in the butt to load and unload but I figured you guys might end up with 1 bottle less for my troubles.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

So I opened a bottle tonight to go with our ribeye dinner. Gorgeous nose, flowery and smokey. Light-bodied, but clean, complimented the fattiness of the steak. Not a lot of depth across the palate, but tasty and definitely easy to drink. A little flat on the mid palate after a nice fruity entrance, finished with a little cracked pepper and smoke. Don't expect this one to age too much, but it makes for such a nice summer BBQ red, why bother with age?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
CAGrl wrote:She is wise.

I didn't buy wine, I bought furniture!

CT

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
cheron98 wrote:So I opened a bottle tonight to go with our ribeye dinner. Gorgeous nose, flowery and smokey. Light-bodied, but clean, complimented the fattiness of the steak. Not a lot of depth across the palate, but tasty and definitely easy to drink. A little flat on the mid palate after a nice fruity entrance, finished with a little cracked pepper and smoke. Don't expect this one to age too much, but it makes for such a nice summer BBQ red, why bother with age?

We opened 2 bottles this week - 1 regular and 1 bob; both are very pleasant, bob being more full bodied. It did maintain it's lovely aroma we smelled from the press. It was more food friendly than I thought, pairing nicely with a variety of appetizers. Definitely not to be aged too long.

bahwm

sanity wrote:We opened 2 bottles this week - 1 regular and 1 bob; both are very pleasant, bob being more full bodied. It did maintain it's lovely aroma we smelled from the press. It was more food friendly than I thought, pairing nicely with a variety of appetizers. Definitely not to be aged too long.

Yikes! You're posting early, or is it late?

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:I didn't buy wine, I bought furniture!

Yes you did!

sanity

bahwm wrote:Yikes! You're posting early, or is it late?

Early! I left at 5 am for a ride to southern Utah. mr sanity left yesterday since he was teaching a class there this morning. It was waaaay too windy for me! Much more pleasant ride today!

sanity

Besides imagine4vr, to whom do I owe money for wine?
I'll PayPal money to you Monday.

cheron98

sanity, i have your green bag thing and glass bowl that you left in our room. i'll get them back to you at some point

sanity

cheron98 wrote:sanity, i have your green bag thing and glass bowl that you left in our room. i'll get them back to you at some point

No need - I had already told the others I did not need them returned.

sanity

To the CyberPub Cellar Gang, who took home whose wine? I usually cross it off my list, but did not do that this year.

I need to know whose wine I have, and who gets nagging emails to send me shipping info.

thanks!

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
sanity wrote:To the CyberPub Cellar Gang, who took home whose wine? I usually cross it off my list, but did not do that this year.

I need to know whose wine I have, and who gets nagging emails to send me shipping info.

thanks!

I have polarbear's 6 bottles.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

CAGrl

sanity wrote:To the CyberPub Cellar Gang, who took home whose wine? I usually cross it off my list, but did not do that this year.

thanks!

I have mine, tenuki and bahwm's wines.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 27 Private Messages ddeuddeg
CAGrl wrote:I have bahwm's wines.

Excuse me. Those are mine!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

thanks!

I took mine!! and only mine

CAGrl

ddeuddeg wrote:Excuse me. Those are mine!

Hahaha. Since she's the one who requested my help, it's hers.

cheron98

thanks!

I have mine and Wendy's.

ddeuddeg

CAGrl wrote:Hahaha. Since she's the one who requested my help, it's hers.

In that case, I'll be happy to let her haul it through the airports.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

mommadeb1

Believe it or not... Mr. Mommadeb is actually looking at places for us to stay.... assuming we manage to get away, for the Wine Dinner in august...He was looking at places on Freemont street...any suggestions positive or negative...

sanity

RE the wine dinner, Charlie has requested that this year, all tickets go through the barrel leader. He will probably sell out this year; it was close to a sell out last year. So much good food, and wine, and music! imagine, and d-dog and bam can attest to good times!

The dinner is at the Orleans, on Tropicana, and will have special rates. If you want to stay Downtown (Fremont), I recommend the Golden Nugget, or especially The Plaza, recently refurbed.

sanity

So no one picked up wine for JOATMON, sulakdd, or random122, (or cj, which I knew was not being transported)?

Looks like I was going off the previous year's list, just JOATMON and another person whose screen name I don't have, but do have the email through paypal.

mommadeb1

sanity wrote:RE the wine dinner, Charlie has requested that this year, all tickets go through the barrel leader. He will probably sell out this year; it was close to a sell out last year. So much good food, and wine, and music! imagine, and d-dog and bam can attest to good times!

The dinner is at the Orleans, on Tropicana, and will have special rates. If you want to stay Downtown (Fremont), I recommend the Golden Nugget, or especially The Plaza, recently refurbed.

so we need to go thru u for the tickets?

sanity

mommadeb1 wrote:so we need to go thru u for the tickets?

Yes, PayPal the money to me, or send a check, and I'll mail you the tickets.

I'll post details here soon re price, etc.

sanity

sanity wrote:Yes, PayPal the money to me, or send a check, and I'll mail you the tickets.

I'll post details here soon re price, etc.

The dinner is August 18 at the Orleans at 6 pm.
Tickets are $60 each, includes buffet dinner, dessert and beverages.
Rooms are $69, code A2EXC08
Live and recorded music, dancing, other entertainment.

mommadeb1

sanity wrote:The dinner is August 18 at the Orleans at 6 pm.
Tickets are $60 each, includes buffet dinner, dessert and beverages.
Rooms are $69, code A2EXC08
Live and recorded music, dancing, other entertainment.

pm for you

sanity

d-dog and bam, I hope the school year is winding down for you both; you were missed at the bottling. Maybe in the fall for the crush? It will be at a new facility, and then following year, crush and bottling will be held at the same time.

To the gang, I will be sending in money for tickets to the August wine dinner soon. If anyone plans on going, please send me the $60 per ticket asap.

edit: Boy, I need to review before I hit that post button.

ddeuddeg

sanity wrote:d-dog and bam, I hope the school year is winding down for you both; you were missed at the bottling. Maybe in the fall for the crush? It will be at a new facility, and then following year, crush and bottling will be held at the same time.

To the gang, I will be sending in money for tickets to the August wine dinner soon. If anyone plans on going, please send me the $60 per ticket asap.

edit: Boy, I need to review before I hit that post button.

We missed you, too. Sorry we couldn't make it. Maybe for the crush this fall? Possibly. We had tentative plans for Veteran's Day weekend at Quivira, but we just found out yesterday they've apparently shelved the event we were going there to attend, so why bother? We don't actually have any sort of specific plans in place for the blend this year, or timing, or anything, as far as I know, unless there were plans discussed during the bottling weekend.
My last day of classes was yesterday, exam on Monday. Bahwm has another week and a half of classes to go.
I assume when you say the following year, crush and bottling will be at the same time, you mean bottling the previous year's vintage.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I have polarbear's 6 bottles.

And Thanks.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

tenuki

Imagine4vr wrote:I will take a couple - we can trade the lhv sanity has at her house if you would like.

Well, this is weird. Was having lunch with CAGrl today and she mentioned the F-Bomb and I was like hmm, I thought I bought that to split. I don't remember it though. Not sure if my order didn't go through or what, but apparently I never ordered it Sorry Imagine.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
tenuki wrote:Well, this is weird. Was having lunch with CAGrl today and she mentioned the F-Bomb and I was like hmm, I thought I bought that to split. I don't remember it though. Not sure if my order didn't go through or what, but apparently I never ordered it Sorry Imagine.

I've got a few extra I could share, if we can find a way. RPM tour?

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ddeuddeg wrote:We missed you, too. Sorry we couldn't make it. Maybe for the crush this fall? Possibly. We had tentative plans for Veteran's Day weekend at Quivira, but we just found out yesterday they've apparently shelved the event we were going there to attend, so why bother? We don't actually have any sort of specific plans in place for the blend this year, or timing, or anything, as far as I know, unless there were plans discussed during the bottling weekend.
My last day of classes was yesterday, exam on Monday. Bahwm has another week and a half of classes to go.
I assume when you say the following year, crush and bottling will be at the same time, you mean bottling the previous year's vintage.

No, no. They've improved on winemaking, so we crush AND bottle at the same time!!

Sorry, just couldn't resist. Sanity explained at the bottling that because the old facility didn't have climate control (i.e., AC) that you had to bottle before it got too hot. Thus the bottling in May.

With the new facility having climate control, it can stay in the barrel longer. So yes, we will bottle this year's crush at the same time (or before?) we crush the grapes next year. Yea!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:Sorry, just couldn't resist. Sanity explained at the bottling that because the old facility didn't have climate control (i.e., AC) that you had to bottle before it got too hot. Thus the bottling in May.

With the new facility having climate control, it can stay in the barrel longer. So yes, we will bottle this year's crush at the same time (or before?) we crush the grapes next year. Yea!!!

Speaking of crush and such....shouldn't we be starting the discussion of what grapes we are going to crush and blend for this years vintage?

I like the idea of being able to do the crush and bottling in the same weekend. It would be awesome if that could be arranged, as then I'd finally be able to make it to a crush event.
So this year I would miss the crush. Then next year we would possibly be able to come out for the 2013 crush & 2012 bottling which would be in like October or something.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
bahwm wrote:You could just make a plan to open them soon.

Gone through a Graciano, the Garagiste wine, and one bottle of new Cyberpub Blend. The Cyberpub seemed worst off of the three, sadly. I may need to drink them all up before I get back to the 2010 blend. None of the wines were completely destroyed, but they all definitely showed signs of cookage.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tenuki

rjquillin wrote:I've got a few extra I could share, if we can find a way. RPM tour?

Maybe, I can probably swing by and pick up sometime. Thanks,

CT

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:we would possibly be able to come out for the 2013 crush & 2012 bottling which would be in like October or something.

I like being part of "we"