HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Ok, I think I found a replacement. I'll be bringing this white Bordeaux.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Ok, I think I found a replacement. I'll be bringing this white Bordeaux.



Looks interesting. I do wish reviewers on CT would do a more thorough, useful job of reviewing.

Hella windy tonight, tapering off tomorrow.

Anyone hear from richardhod? Is he joining us?

And klez, is molarchae coming?

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
sanity wrote:Looks interesting. I do wish reviewers on CT would do a more thorough, useful job of reviewing.

Hella windy tonight, tapering off tomorrow.

Anyone hear from richardhod? Is he joining us?

And klez, is molarchae coming?



I can answer that last part. She is coming. He's picking her up from the airport about 10:30. They're staying with us at the resort.

Speaking of weather....what's it gonna be like this weekend? I have most of my clothes packed, but just curious if I have the right ratio of short-sleeve vs long-sleeve for shirts. I don't even remember what the weather was like (or what I had for clothes) last year.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I can answer that last part. She is coming. He's picking her up from the airport about 10:30. They're staying with us at the resort.

Speaking of weather....what's it gonna be like this weekend? I have most of my clothes packed, but just curious if I have the right ratio of short-sleeve vs long-sleeve for shirts. I don't even remember what the weather was like (or what I had for clothes) last year.



Friday
Sunny. Highs around 84 on the west side of the valley... Around 93 on the east side. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
Friday Night
Mostly clear. Lows around 64 on the west side of the valley...around 70 on the east side. Northwest wind around 10 mph. Gusts up to 20 mph in the evening.
Saturday
Sunny. Highs around 87 on the west side of the valley... Around 95 on the east side. Northeast wind under 10 mph.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear. Lows around 68 on the west side of the valley...around 72 on the east side. Winds generally light.
Sunday through Monday
Clear. Highs 93 to 98. Lows 67 to 72.
Monday Night through Thursday
Mostly clear. Lows 68 to 73. Highs 91 to 96.

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

deb and CAgrl, will message you when I'm all settled in.

Hope everyone has safe travels and see you soon!

bahwm


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I can answer that last part. She is coming. He's picking her up from the airport about 10:30. They're staying with us at the resort.

Speaking of weather....what's it gonna be like this weekend? I have most of my clothes packed, but just curious if I have the right ratio of short-sleeve vs long-sleeve for shirts. I don't even remember what the weather was like (or what I had for clothes) last year.


Weather in Las Vegas, NV


Real forecast

You're going to ROAST! Pack light, breathable clothing! Hope that the AC is working wherever you are! Remember to drink A LOT of water! Have fun!



May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
Imagine4vr wrote:deb and CAgrl, will message you when I'm all settled in.

Hope everyone has safe travels and see you soon!



Great!! Hopefully you can meet up with us!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

so much for going to bed early... It's 12:50 good night and safe travels to all!!

sukeiasa


quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

hmm... i guess we're sharing what we're bringing...
if my shipper didn't ship the wrong bottles...

there should be


1996 Château Grand-Puy-Lacoste

1996 Château Lagrange (St. Julien)



for saturday night

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
sukeiasa wrote:hmm... i guess we're sharing what we're bringing...
if my shipper didn't ship the wrong bottles...

there should be


1996 Château Grand-Puy-Lacoste

1996 Château Lagrange (St. Julien)

for Saturday night


You don't have to share (:....I didn't even look, just wanted to keep them cool, since we keep the house around 78.

...yes, that is what was in the box.

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
bahwm wrote:Safe travels all! I SO wish we could be joining you guys! I had no idea!



We're going to miss you too!

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
sanity wrote:Anyone hear from richardhod? Is he joining us?

And klez, is molarchae coming?



Richard's fb status said something about Maker Faire in the Bay Area this weekend. When I saw him last week he said it was unlikely he'd make it.

Molarchae is definitely coming. Booked her flight a couple months ago.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tenuki wrote:There are so many orders that I'm like anyone want to split and you're like if you want some I might part with some. Of course I never keep track. Anyway if there's sparkling or port you want to get rid of for space just bring it out and let me know how much to pay.

Re: fatburger only reason I ever go there is to get a fried egg on my burger




We can figure it out over the weekend, and then I can bring it up in July for the RPM tour. And drop it off to you then.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Doh!!

Yesterday ....



and today's ....





Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Okay ... grabbed the following:

2 - Vinito del Finito (one or both to share, unless someone wants to buy one).

2008 Harvest Moon Late Harvest Zinfandel

2010 Late Harvest Viognier (so we can try it)

2005 Prager Royal Escort PS Port (750 ml)


2008 Deja V Passerina (White)

2010 Tablas Creek Patelin de Tablas Blanc (50% Grenache Blanc, 33% Viognier, 10% Roussanne, 7% Marsanne)


NV Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG Spumante Extra Dry


2006 Meeker Petite Sirah, Sonoma County

2010 CyberPub Blend (Can't have Sanity using up all of hers!!)



Also bringing a Raspberry CREEM whip (w/ Vodka IIRC).


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:Okay ... grabbed the following:

[monster list of wines]



Yowzers! You trying to get us all completely sloshed? That's gonna end up being some lineup of wines on Saturday.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Okay ... grabbed the following:

2 - Vinito del Finito (one or both to share, unless someone wants to buy one).

2008 Harvest Moon Late Harvest Zinfandel

2010 Late Harvest Viognier (so we can try it)

2005 Prager Royal Escort PS Port (750 ml)


2008 Deja V Passerina (White)

2010 Tablas Creek Patelin de Tablas Blanc (50% Grenache Blanc, 33% Viognier, 10% Roussanne, 7% Marsanne)


NV Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG Spumante Extra Dry


2006 Meeker Petite Sirah, Sonoma County

2010 CyberPub Blend (Can't have Sanity using up all of hers!!)



Also bringing a Raspberry CREEM whip (w/ Vodka IIRC).




overachiever

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
mommadeb1 wrote:overachiever


Totally. But then he does need his excuse to drink down his stash.

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

On the road. So excited!!!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
CAGrl wrote:Totally. But then he does need his excuse to drink down his stash.




agreed

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
CAGrl wrote:On the road. So excited!!!



be safe!!

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
MarkDaSpark wrote:.....a list of 10 yummy wines.....



Well, I'll just pick what I'm bringing from what you're bringing!

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
sanity wrote:Well, I'll just pick what I'm bringing from what you're bringing!



I thought about that too, but already had my bottle tucked away in my suitcase.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

heading out see everyone soon!

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yowzers! You trying to get us all completely sloshed? That's gonna end up being some lineup of wines on Saturday.




Exactly!!!! Umm, no cigars for you this time.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
CAGrl wrote:Totally. But then he does need his excuse to drink down his stash.




Exactamundo! And this is small compared to previous CyberPub gatherings!


Plus, I like my cigars with port/dessert wine.


Edit: Also, the LH Zin and Viognier are all 375ml. The rest are all normal 750ml bottles. So not really 10 bottles.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
sanity wrote:Well, I'll just pick what I'm bringing from what you're bringing!




Of course! You da hostess with da mostest!!!


Edit: Should I bring one or more to tomorrow's bottling?


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Sparky, thanks for lining up such an excellent stash!

I've got a German BdN Icewine, a Coro Mendocino, and a 2010 Anjou.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
MarkDaSpark wrote:Of course! You da hostess with da mostest!!!


Edit: Should I bring one or more to tomorrow's bottling?


edit: Thank you! I enjoy doing this.
...and I was kidding!
Sure, bring 1 to the bottling. Actually, just bring all of your Tablas Creek Whites!!!

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

It's not much, but it's tasty - I'm bringing out a TO Grenache Blanc.

Sparky, are you bringing my Concannon PS Chocolate Syrup? Do I still owe you for that or did I PayPal you?

Oh crap, boarding...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I have arrived in Vegas! Checked in and chilling. Will be heading to the strip soon so if you have my number, text me and we can meet up.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
CAGrl wrote:I have arrived in Vegas! Checked in and chilling. Will be heading to the strip soon so if you have my number, text me and we can meet up.



I'm currently in the air, on the way from Indianapolis (after changing planes in Baltimore, and then stopping in Indy). Plane is slightly delayed, or at least was delayed leaving BWI. Pilot said we might land in Vegas on time or at least close to it.

First time I'm using the WiFi on the plane. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be a fast enough connection to do my streaming music through Pandora.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

sukeiasa


quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

Seems like every time I want to go somewhere on Friday, stuff comes up at work.... Finally at dca.... Waiting for my flight... I only have Kevin and Trish's contact... Are people getting together tonight?

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
sukeiasa wrote:Seems like every time I want to go somewhere on Friday, stuff comes up at work.... Finally at dca.... Waiting for my flight... I only have Kevin and Trish's contact... Are people getting together tonight?


Pm'd you my cell number. Plans I believe are still up in the air.

mewalk707


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707

We're here. Having a long overdue cocktail in our room. Not sure what we're doing after, dinner somewhere for sure...

What time is breakfast tomorrow?

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
mewalk707 wrote:We're here. Having a long overdue cocktail in our room. Not sure what we're doing after, dinner somewhere for sure...

What time is breakfast tomorrow?



For tenuki, breakfast will be combined with lunch after the bottling, lol.

I'm bringing fruit, bread and wine to the bottling, and sparky is also bringing wine. Would you like to meet earlier for breakfast?

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

Yes, I would. I'm up early so whenever anyone wants to meet is good for me.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

I have arrived, I have my bag, I'm waiting for my HAK and then I think we're going to the hotel, perhaps making a stop @ Vans to buy breakfast goods. We'll see. Need to get car and stuff. Where is everyone?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mewalk707


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
Imagine4vr wrote:Yes, I would. I'm up early so whenever anyone wants to meet is good for me.



We're early birds too... early birds on a budget though. Any ideas for a cheap buffet?

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Travel was going too well. Despite HaK having a delay, his pilot made up most of the time so it didn't count as "trouble". The computers are down for Alamo, so they're doing everything manually. And there's only 4 agents. And dozens of customers. They're thinking it'll be about an hour before we get our car.

Sigh.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"