klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well Duh!

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that at all, but I think you are trying very hard to read into it so as to not agree with me. Again.

Edit: Sorry. Thought you were PSquishy.

But I am still trying to figure out how anyone would get that last part. It's like I say X + Y = Z and you implied I said X + B = C.

Unless you are saying that ALL Muslims were involved with 9/11 and/or are terrorists?

Hahahah...not at all! Sadly that was actually what popped into my head with just a cursory glance. Maybe it was lack of reading rather than reading too deeply

Anyway, obviously I don't think all Muslims are terrorists (and would pillory those who did).

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
chipgreen wrote:
If anyone knows of an even more neutral site/portal to read up on current events, I'm all ears.

Christian Science Monitor ( don't let the name scare you)

Www.csmonitor.com

Run by a foundation not a for profit company. Really tries hard to be unbiased.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
cmaldoon wrote:Christian Science Monitor ( don't let the name scare you)

Www.csmonitor.com

Thanks for the recommendation. When I was in college, my Poli Sci class was required to subscribe to CSM for that very reason. I should have thought of that! Glad to hear they're still keepin' it real. I may have to make that my new home page.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
cmaldoon wrote:Christian Science Monitor ( don't let the name scare you)

Www.csmonitor.com

Thanks! I've seen this before, but I failed and let the name scare me. lol

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Food for thought ....

Lawsuit Challenges Sex Offender "No Candy" Halloween Signs

An Orange County city will consider a provision in an ordinance that requires sex offenders to post signs outside their homes that indicate they do not have candy for Halloween trick-or-treaters.

The Orange City Council will meet Tuesday night to discuss the ordinance, which also bans sex offenders from displaying Halloween decorations, opening their doors to children and leaving lights on Halloween night.

I agree that requiring the sign can make others at the residence targets, and that part of the ordinance should be removed.

It's just aggravating, some of the badger badger badgeric comments made by people in the video and the comment by the overly attached girlfriend at the bottom of the story. Really? "Sex Offender Witch Hunt"??? Cause they aren't ever repeat offenders, are they?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
MarkDaSpark wrote:It's just aggravating, some of the badger badger badgeric comments made by people in the video and the comment by the overly attached girlfriend at the bottom of the story. Really? "Sex Offender Witch Hunt"??? Cause they aren't ever repeat offenders, are they?

Yeah, I'm not sure how much of a "witch hunt" it is if the person actually committed the crime and the recidivism rate for such offenders is as close to 100% as statistically possible.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure how much of a "witch hunt" it is if the person actually committed the crime and the recidivism rate for such offenders is as close to 100% as statistically possible.

Stop agreeing with me!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
MarkDaSpark wrote:Food for thought ....

Lawsuit Challenges Sex Offender "No Candy" Halloween Signs

This actually rather horrifies me given some of the borderline offenses that are possibly considered sex offenses. I might be ok with this for repeat offenders or offenders who perpetrated on children or both but as a blanket policy I think it is poor.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

kylemittskus

cmaldoon wrote:This actually rather horrifies me given some of the borderline offenses that are possibly considered sex offenses. I might be ok with this for repeat offenders or offenders who perpetrated on children or both but as a blanket policy I think it is poor.

The issue is,then, with the registration law and not this one. For example, you use the term "repeat offender." As Sparky and I said, and as research will show if you're so inclined, there isn't a one-time offender when it comes to sexual crimes against children. However, I do agree that this should be limited to crimes against minors since their the ones who will be going door-to-door.

As an aside, it is very easy to find out where sex offenders live thanks to Megan's Law. Parents should, and SWMBO and I will, do this prior to heading out to get candy.

MarkDaSpark

cmaldoon wrote:This actually rather horrifies me given some of the borderline offenses that are possibly considered sex offenses. I might be ok with this for repeat offenders or offenders who perpetrated on children or both but as a blanket policy I think it is poor.

I believe the law is written to only pertain to those registered as child sex offenders, and not all sex offenders.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Some (geek) interesting legal/tax opinions and case law from 1943 for Particelli Vineyards I could think of no other place to post, that may become a bit more interesting in ~4 hours or so...

CT

MarkDaSpark

Oh! Memes Galore! .... Naturally, college student charged with recreating ‘Grand Theft Auto’

I get the feeling that our schools/colleges aren't really teaching our kids to think.

Although, I guess this could really go in the Jokes thread. Except it's not a joke, sadly.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh! Memes Galore! .... Naturally, college student charged with recreating ‘Grand Theft Auto’

I get the feeling that our schools/colleges aren't really teaching our kids to think.

Although, I guess this could really go in the Jokes thread. Except it's not a joke, sadly.

I can't load the page for some reason, but from your link, I get it. Why blame the schools, though? Our schools are certainly a mess, but this guy has horrible parents and/or is psychologically unstable.

MarkDaSpark

And 2nd Rant ... also about schools.

Do our schools really need to be this paranoid and insane?

Kindergartener interrogated over cap gun until he pees his pants, then suspended 10 days

12-year-old (and his friend) suspended from school for playing with toy gun in his own yard -- School board unanimously voted for a long term suspension yesterday. All due to a nosy neighbor who felt "uncomfortable".

Oh, and make sure your kids eat their pastry evenly:

Second-grader suspended for having breakfast pastry shaped like a gun

The 2nd page of the above link has 5 more instances (picture of gun as wallpaper on computer, grandfather made paper "gun", "terroristic threat" using a "Hello Kitty" bubble "gun", etc.) of School Insanity.

Wouldn't it be better if they actually worked on watching out for bullies? Seems like most of the problems have been caused by students being bullied in school.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:I can't load the page for some reason, but from your link, I get it. Why blame the schools, though? Our schools are certainly a mess, but this guy has horrible parents and/or is psychologically unstable.

Try this link then: MSN Fox Sports story

or this one: CBS affiliate story

And really? Blame the parents? Wait a few years, until your child is in school, and we'll see how that turns out.

I do agree that the parents do have some degree of blame, but there's so many impediments now to proper parenting, it's not just "blame the parents".

And I'm blaming the schools because they aren't teaching our kids to THINK for the most part. We have our rare teachers who do (d-dog, bahwm, mommadeb, etc.), but we have far more instances where the teachers (and schools) are indoctrinating our children to the "right" way of thinking. (see 2nd rant, some links inside have the teacher berating the student, and allowing the other students to bully her.)

Oh, and evidently, he left a bar at 2:30am before his GTA spree.

Edit: Horrible? Both of us know nothing about his parents, but you extrapolate that his parents are terrible? Not Logical Doctor.

Also, he's 20, so he should have been in college for 2 years or so. And should have learned something about consequences.

MarkDaSpark

Third rant of the day:

So it's bad for US citizens to own guns, but okay to give guns to Al-Qaeda rebels? Obama, you got some 'splaining to do!

Kerry signs treaty that regulates global arms trade, but accord faces opposition in Senate

Obama & Kerry have been told all along that this treaty will not be ratified, so why sign it? Does Obama thinks he needs a new Nobel Peace Prize?

And I think it's hilarious that he has Kerry sign it, while trying to arm the rebels in Syria. Which is one of the provisions in the treaty you aren't supposed to do!

MarkDaSpark

Stupid hitting the Reply and not Edit button.

TT, please delete this post.

kylemittskus

Your second post is unbelievable. I thought that kind of "gun fear" wrt to kids being kids had dissipated, although I remember it being rampant post-Columbine. I didn't click any links because I didn't want to break my computer.

As to education and our schools, I think you and I have very different opinions about what schools should and shouldn't teach. I don't see how any school has any responsibility in a 20 year old's unbelievably stupid (and drunk), and obviously illegal, actions at all.

I should and do retract my "horrible parents" comment.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Your second post is unbelievable. I thought that kind of "gun fear" wrt to kids being kids had dissipated, although I remember it being rampant post-Columbine. I didn't click any links because I didn't want to break my computer.

As to education and our schools, I think you and I have very different opinions about what schools should and shouldn't teach. I don't see how any school has any responsibility in a 20 year old's unbelievably stupid (and drunk), and obviously illegal, actions at all.

I should and do retract my "horrible parents" comment.

See, when I was going to school, teachers taught you to use your brain to think about things and question things. To not always toe the party line.

It seems more and more teachers aren't doing that, but more along the lines of not teaching kids to use their minds.

We see this especially in those who rack up huge college debts in getting worthless degrees. And then they whine about it.

If you're getting a degree in Underwater Basket-Weaving, don't expect a large salary!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I've said this before - the obsession with "zero-tolerance" rules in school are the opposite of sanity. The sooner we can get beyond them, the better off we all will be. The examples cited are just drops in a bucket, unfortunately. Playing with toy guns at home lead to suspension from school? The school board should be sued.

Re the arms treaty - are you suggesting that no effort should be tried if it "faces opposition" in Congress? I haven't looked into the treaty, but it is obvious that if the administration (and not just this one, but any administration) thinks it is a good thing, they should get on board with it even if ultimate passage prospects are bleak. Refusing to do anything without predetermined Congressional acceptance looks like the kind of thing that gets an administration accused of a "failure to lead".

And - again I haven't looked deeply into this (I've been waaaay too busy at work these days), but is there an assumption in your question that all Syrian rebels are Al-Qaida members? The article also doesn't quite make it clear that arming the rebels would be banned under this treaty.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

MarkDaSpark

coynedj wrote:I've said this before - the obsession with "zero-tolerance" rules in school are the opposite of sanity. The sooner we can get beyond them, the better off we all will be. The examples cited are just drops in a bucket, unfortunately. Playing with toy guns at home lead to suspension from school? The school board should be sued.

Re the arms treaty - are you suggesting that no effort should be tried if it "faces opposition" in Congress? I haven't looked into the treaty, but it is obvious that if the administration (and not just this one, but any administration) thinks it is a good thing, they should get on board with it even if ultimate passage prospects are bleak. Refusing to do anything without predetermined Congressional acceptance looks like the kind of thing that gets an administration accused of a "failure to lead".

And - again I haven't looked deeply into this (I've been waaaay too busy at work these days), but is there an assumption in your question that all Syrian rebels are Al-Qaida members? The article also doesn't quite make it clear that arming the rebels would be banned under this treaty.

It's the arrogance of his royal obtuseness. It's not that they shouldn't be working towards ratification, but rather he doesn't see the need to work with anyone on it. His way or the highway seems to be par for the course.

Instead of trying to work with Congress and iron out any differences, he goes ahead anyway, knowing that it will not be ratified. Probably so he can claim he tried, but it was those a) racist, b) women-hating c)rich Republicans who stifled growth and prosperity.

Congress has even warned him to not try to implement one hair of said treaty, without their Advice & Consent. I'm waiting for him to issue some Executive Orders that are un-Constitutional in violation of that warning.

Really? What part of "A country also must determine whether the weapons would contribute to or undermine peace and security." isn't clear? It would seem like arming rebels isn't contributing to peace or security in the area.

And I'm not assuming that all Syrian rebels are Al-Qaeda. I'm assuming that our gov't still has it's head up you know where, and will arm anyone proclaiming they are rebels.

The actual number is up in the air, where Putin and Assad claim most of the rebels are Al-Queda, and Obama claiming most are not.

Either way, it's hypocritical to sign the treaty and then try to arm the rebels.

Or perhaps you missed these stories:

Largest Syrian rebel groups form Islamic alliance, in possible blow to U.S. influence - "The al-Qaeda-affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra, designated a terrorist organization by the United States, is the lead signatory of the new group"

Vatican confirms Catholic priest beheaded by Syrian rebels

Plus numerous other reports of Syrian rebels killing non-Muslims.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Just got an email to be prepared, even though it is very improbable, to go 2-4 weeks without a paycheck pending what congress does with this weeks bill.

It is like last year all over again. At least we prepared for this a while ago.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

chemvictim

bkarlan wrote:Just got an email to be prepared, even though it is very improbable, to go 2-4 weeks without a paycheck pending what congress does with this weeks bill.

Me too. I'm just so damn tired of this. It's been every few months or so, some big budget threat. Bunch of incompetent losers. Get your I like turtles! together.

chemvictim

Lots of stuff up there that I missed. I'm too tired to think about Syria...I'm sticking with hopeless.

The schools suspending kids for a pop tart shaped like a gun, or whatever it is, is beyond stupid. The parents need to step in and guide those policies. Yeah, sorry parents, you still have to participate.

GTA kid is clearly a forever alone. How bout we blame HIM for his stupidity? I am positive that if I had done something like that, nobody in my extended family would have blamed the school. Or video games. Or gun-shaped pastries.

kylemittskus

F*** every single senator. This shut down bull sh*t is so unbelievably detrimental to every single person except for . . . wait for it . . . the senators! They still get their paychecks and their jobs. F the republicans. F the democrats. Seriously, we should get rid of every single one of them. Burn the forest to promote new growth.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:F*** every single senator. This shut down bull sh*t is so unbelievably detrimental to every single person except for . . . wait for it . . . the senators! They still get their paychecks and their jobs. F the republicans. F the democrats. Seriously, we should get rid of every single one of them. Burn the forest to promote new growth.

Really? No blame for the cause? His Royal Highness, Obama the First?

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Really? No blame for the cause? His Royal Highness, Obama the First?

Listen. I HATE Obamacare. HATE HATE HATE. And I only understand a very small portion of it. I'm sure if I researched more, I'd hate it even more. But it's been decided. It was argued in the best forum we have for such things. It's now law. Deal and move on. Don't punish the American people because some disagree with what is now going to happen no matter what.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Listen. I HATE Obamacare. HATE HATE HATE. And I only understand a very small portion of it. I'm sure if I researched more, I'd hate it even more. But it's been decided. It was argued in the best forum we have for such things. It's now law. Deal and move on. Don't punish the American people because some disagree with what is now going to happen no matter what.

Because once it's law, it can never be changed? Hello? Is anyone home?

If that were the case, then we wouldn't have changes in income tax laws. Or Civil Rights laws. Or any of the other laws.

The point is that even when something is signed into law, it can still be removed by other laws. Otherwise, "You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows." or "Ice cream may not be eaten while standing on the sidewalk." would still be laws.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
bkarlan wrote:Just got an email to be prepared, even though it is very improbable, to go 2-4 weeks without a paycheck pending what congress does with this weeks bill.

Frigging scare tactics from the scum, no more or less, and I work in education as well at a California University. Employees and businesses alike were issued warrants (IOU's) in 2009 when the Governator was in office and the state had a cash shortage due in part to the wise fiscal decisions of our enlightened State legislature.

All required payments will be made as legally required, it's the discretionary spending that will take the hits.

CT

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Because once it's law, it can never be changed? Hello? Is anyone home?

If that were the case, then we wouldn't have changes in income tax laws. Or Civil Rights laws. Or any of the other laws.

The point is that even when something is signed into law, it can still be removed by other laws. Otherwise, "You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows." or "Ice cream may not be eaten while standing on the sidewalk." would still be laws.

a) I know that you don't actually think that shutting down the federal gov't is going to overturn that law b) I hope you don't think that it's worth shutting down the federal gov't to try to overturn Obamacare, assuming we're in fairy tale land and it would work.

I know that laws can be overturned. I also know that a supreme court decision isn't going to be overturned within a year. And you know who else knows this? A lot of republicans and a lot of democrats. John McCain won a point or two in my book commenting on this exact issue.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:a) I know that you don't actually think that shutting down the federal gov't is going to overturn that law b) I hope you don't think that it's worth shutting down the federal gov't to try to overturn Obamacare, assuming we're in fairy tale land and it would work.

I know that laws can be overturned. I also know that a supreme court decision isn't going to be overturned within a year. And you know who else knows this? A lot of republicans and a lot of democrats. John McCain won a point or two in my book commenting on this exact issue.

You "know laws can be overturned"? Then why did you post what you did if you "knew"?

And if we need more money, doesn't it make sense to defund the cause of some of that major increase?

The Supreme Court decision was only ruling on the constitutionality of Obamacare, not whether or not it can be repealed.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:You "know laws can be overturned"? Then why did you post what you did if you "knew"?

And if we need more money, doesn't it make sense to defund the cause of some of that major increase?

The Supreme Court decision was only ruling on the constitutionality of Obamacare, not whether or not it can be repealed.

I know laws can be overturned. If I didn't make my point clear and it seemed like I didn't know that, give me the benefit of the doubt and ask for clarification. I hate "gotcha politics" in the media and I don't like them here, either. If you want to break down every thing I say to find something to attack instead of talking about the issue, go ahead.

We're over budget. Obamacare is insanely expensive. So is "defense" and welfare (and the related programs) and a whole lot of other things. The way not to handle this problem is to do this. Because you know what else is expensive? Paying people. It becomes increasingly more "expensive" when we're paying people to not do their jobs. This is a simple concept. If John McCain is willing to admit that this is a poor way to handle the situation, it must be a really poor way to do so.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:I know laws can be overturned. If I didn't make my point clear and it seemed like I didn't know that, give me the benefit of the doubt and ask for clarification. I hate "gotcha politics" in the media and I don't like them here, either. If you want to break down every thing I say to find something to attack instead of talking about the issue, go ahead.

We're over budget. Obamacare is insanely expensive. So is "defense" and welfare (and the related programs) and a whole lot of other things. The way not to handle this problem is to do this. Because you know what else is expensive? Paying people. It becomes increasingly more "expensive" when we're paying people to not do their jobs. This is a simple concept. If John McCain is willing to admit that this is a poor way to handle the situation, it must be a really poor way to do so.

This is one reason I left before ... You don't read what you write, and when someone calls you on it, you get all huffy.

You stated (not implied, stated) that Obamacare was a done deal and could never be changed. That we should "deal and move on" with it.

I wasn't "attacking" you about it, I was calling you out on it. I was also saying that if we really need to cut the budget (which is what the sequester is all about), then a good place to start is defunding Obamacare.

Besides, Obama was trying to make exemptions for Unions and others who made major contributions to his campaign, so it's obvious that it's not going to work (especially since workers are being let go left and right due to higher costs involved).

If Obamacare is so good, why was Obama making those exemptions?

If the promises Obama made about it are proving false (you can keep your current coverage, costs will go down, etc.), then why shouldn't it be defunded?

chemvictim

I'm with Kyle on this one. Deal with it and move on. Shutting down the gov't is essentially a tantrum, and it's destructive. Yes, laws can be changed. I haven't seen anything other than failed attempt after failed attempt at repeal, and now they're holding their breath like toddlers. It's childish and stupid.

If the American people really want this thing gone, it will be abundantly clear soon enough and they can take productive steps towards changing it or killing it.

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:I'm with Kyle on this one. Deal with it and move on. Shutting down the gov't is essentially a tantrum, and it's destructive. Yes, laws can be changed. I haven't seen anything other than failed attempt after failed attempt at repeal, and now they're holding their breath like toddlers. It's childish and stupid.

If the American people really want this thing gone, it will be abundantly clear soon enough and they can take productive steps towards changing it or killing it.

Unbepeanut butter jelly timeingbelievable. I give up once again. My forehead is bloody.

Productive? Anyone who believes that raising the Debt Ceiling again is good is a badger badger badger.

How can anyone rein in spending, when everyone claims those trying to do so are throwing temper tantrums?

The amazing thing is Kyle is against Obamacare (or so he says), but accepts it. Even though it is flawed and a horrible, horrible implementation of healthcare. I'm not calling it universal, because Congress, Federal Courts, and the Executive branch have excluded themselves from it. As well as Obama getting (or trying to get) exemptions for Unions, etc.

Oh, and by the way, only 29 percent (HuffPo, or 39 percent per CBS poll) of the public supports Obamacare. Hardly the majority of Americans.

I surrender.

chemvictim

MarkDaSpark wrote:Unbepeanut butter jelly timeingbelievable. I give up once again. My forehead is bloody.

Productive? Anyone who believes that raising the Debt Ceiling again is good is a badger badger badger.

How can anyone rein in spending, when everyone claims those trying to do so are throwing temper tantrums?

The amazing thing is Kyle is against Obamacare (or so he says), but accepts it. Even though it is flawed and a horrible, horrible implementation of healthcare. I'm not calling it universal, because Congress, Federal Courts, and the Executive branch have excluded themselves from it. As well as Obama getting (or trying to get) exemptions for Unions, etc.

Oh, and by the way, only 29 percent (HuffPo, or 39 percent per CBS poll) of the public supports Obamacare. Hardly the majority of Americans.

I surrender.

Your forehead is bloody because I don't think shutting down the gov't is a productive way to accomplish these goals? Calm down. Drink some of your wine.

What I want is for these useless politicians to do their jobs. Like Tim Gunn says, make it work. And if Americans really hate this thing, you will enjoy the results of the next election. For now all we get is all-or-nothing, political posturing, and tantrums.

chemvictim

Also, what on earth does it mean to be excluded from Obamacare? Does it mean you don't have to be insured? Does it mean you don't have to go through the exchanges? IN that case, tons of us are going to be excluded because we get coverage through our employers.

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:Your forehead is bloody because I don't think shutting down the gov't is a productive way to accomplish these goals? Calm down. Drink some of your wine.

What I want is for these useless politicians to do their jobs. Like Tim Gunn says, make it work. And if Americans really hate this thing, you will enjoy the results of the next election. For now all we get is all-or-nothing, political posturing, and tantrums.

One last time ... if you or I don't have money, we stop buying. If we don't have anything left on our credit limit, we stop using our credit cards.

We don't get to throw tantrums until our banks raise our credit limits or put more money in our bank accounts. We have to tighten our belts and suck it up.

It's time to suck it up.

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:Also, what on earth does it mean to be excluded from Obamacare? Does it mean you don't have to be insured? Does it mean you don't have to go through the exchanges? IN that case, tons of us are going to be excluded because we get coverage through our employers.

I try to leave, but they keep pulling me back in ...

Number Of Companies/Unions Excluded From Obamacare Hits 222

Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

Obama Wants ObamaCare Subsidies for Labor Unions

Obama announces "Obamacare exclusions"

Okay, the last one is a joke. I think.