Twitter

Previous offers:
11/10/11
12/30/10
4/2/10

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

murphy48

quality posts: 7 Private Messages murphy48

Does anyone know the actual weight of each bar of the chocolate?

justinacton

quality posts: 4 Private Messages justinacton

Wine please. I love food, but we need a Foodie.Woot.

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88

In before the question is asked: Yes, they are certified ethical and don't use child or slave labor for making chocolate - http://slavefreechocolate.org/directory-chocolate/

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

lassow

quality posts: 132 Private Messages lassow

Can we have an opt-out for the milk chocolate portion? Maybe replace it with some Guatemala coffee instead?

I like to talk about wine, but I'd rather drink it.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

CH♥C♥LATE! :D

danib62

quality posts: 11 Private Messages danib62

Are they kosher?

jsp872

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jsp872

+1 for the weight of these bars
10 bars is just too vague....
and has anyone tried these before??

nmpls

quality posts: 21 Private Messages nmpls
justinacton wrote:Wine please. I love food, but we need a Foodie.Woot.

This is a really good idea.

murphy48

quality posts: 7 Private Messages murphy48
murphy48 wrote:Does anyone know the actual weight of each bar of the chocolate?

Answered my own question by looking at the past Woots... if it's the same then each is 2 oz.

nmpls

quality posts: 21 Private Messages nmpls
jsp872 wrote:+1 for the weight of these bars

Google says 2oz/bar.

danib62

quality posts: 11 Private Messages danib62
danib62 wrote:Are they kosher?

Just found the answer to my own question. In the little audio cut he mentions that the dark milk chocolate is certified kosher.

peloponese

quality posts: 3 Private Messages peloponese

From the images at their site, 2oz per bar:

http://rainrepublic.com/?page_id=106

kvrdave

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kvrdave
alien88 wrote:In before the question is asked: Yes, they are certified ethical and don't use child or slave labor for making chocolate - http://slavefreechocolate.org/directory-chocolate/

That tears it.....I'm out.

jsp872

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jsp872
nmpls wrote:Google says 2oz/bar.

a pound and a quarter eh??
i see... never paid this much for chocolate...
being a choco newb i wonder if there is any comparison we can make to any of the chocolate we can commonly buy at the stores...
then ill be in...

migelito

quality posts: 9 Private Messages migelito
lassow wrote:Can we have an opt-out for the milk chocolate portion? Maybe replace it with some Guatemala coffee instead?

It's not as bad as you think. big brand milk chocolate is too sweet for me, but these 41% bars are not as sweet as Hershey's (for example). they are not dark chocolate, but they are somewhere in between i would say. though i'm with you, a little coffee in them would be great.

migelito

quality posts: 9 Private Messages migelito
jsp872 wrote:a pound and a quarter eh??
i see... never paid this much for chocolate...
being a choco newb i wonder if there is any comparison we can make to any of the chocolate we can commonly buy at the stores...
then ill be in...

the milk chocolate here is a little darker than milk chocolate bars in the store, and the cinnamon is subtle but comes through on the finish. i taste the cinnamon more in the almond bars for some reason.

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages BuffBillsFan

It is mean to offer chocolate at 1:15 AM, knowing that if it was ordered it would not get here for weeks, and that I am too damn lazy to zip to the store to sate that chocolate lust you inspired.

mburdick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mburdick

Not sure this is a good Woot... Each bar is $3 on the company's website. Hard to get a shipping estimate, though...

pilotwillie

quality posts: 18 Private Messages pilotwillie

Sorry woot, but I lost my respect for Tay when he sold out with that Dr. Pepper commercial.

Olsonbarb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Olsonbarb

Yes, I ordered this before and it is excellent chocolate. I shared some with a friend and they thought it was very good also. Goes well with a glass of wine, by the way!
PS. In for a reorder.

ZerosReaper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ZerosReaper
jsp872 wrote:
has anyone tried these before??

I got a slightly different pack the last time they were selling them on here. It contained all 3 types in this pack, just in smaller quantities and with a couple other flavors. Of all 5 that I got in my package, these 3 were the tastiest.

However, I would venture that they weren't $30 tasty. They weren't any better than Toblerone or any of the fancier chocolate bars that you can get locally for $1-2 a piece. Based just on taste, they definitely weren't world class and I wouldn't reorder at this (or even half) price.

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
jsp872 wrote:+1 for the weight of these bars

The single origin dark chocolate is excellent! The dark milk chocolate didn't tickle my fancy as much, but they were still very good.

The chili cabonero dark chocolate was my favorite, but it isn't included with todays deal

dcpotts

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dcpotts

I've never tried Guatemalan chocolate. I'm fond of Mexican chocolate. I assume they're processed in a similar method (just fine grinding the cacao nibs, not "dutch" processed w/bases to neutralize pH).
Can anyone comment if this is the case?

(edit: I read the website, this is indeed the case. although I wasn't aware of a fermentation period in processing cacao. Anyway.... YUM!)

dkeigley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkeigley
ajrod27 wrote:The single origin dark chocolate is excellent! The dark milk chocolate didn't tickle my fancy as much, but they were still very good.

The chili cabonero dark chocolate was my favorite, but it isn't included with todays deal

Agree completely. I have friends that every time they hear I've got more chocolate want to know if there's any chili cabonero dark chocolate left. Its got a great slow heat that builds up strong, but never overpowers the dark chocolate. Even if you don't really like hot things you'll like this. The dark chocolate seems to temper the worst of the heat. I believe it's the fat in the chocolate that does this; same reason you drink milk with very hot chili dishes. But not skim milk, no help there.

eclecticartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eclecticartist

Ugh...if only we were able to specify our chocolate. I eat 70-85% dark chocolates. Milk chocolate just gives me a sugar headache. I have always said that dark chocolate is chocolate, milk chocolate is pretending it is chocolate, and white chocolate is the ghost of chocolate past. There is no point in eating anything other than the real stuff. Heck, if it is the good quality stuff I can eat unsweetened chocolate! Has to be dang good stuff though.

I have Celiac, is this from a designated gluten free facility? My kids are plebeians and like milk chocolate better than dark but I can't risk it from non-safe places or I end up very sick.

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen
ajrod27 wrote:

Mine too. I'd be in again if it was included. Maybe next time...

bigbadjay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigbadjay

That's all I need! A foodie.woot site would hurt the pocketbook, but certainly help the ole' stomach. Think I should start saving

inod3

quality posts: 6 Private Messages inod3

750ml?

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc
ThunderThighs wrote:Uhm, I'm sorry?

We will have a stern talk with our typewriter-banging captcha monkey so this doesn't happen again.

Wait there is a captcha?!

mcogan1966

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mcogan1966

Got the 5-variety pack last time. Good stuff. But I had me a coupon from Woot! just in time for that to come out, so it was a steal. And if anyone wants a reasonable comparison, Godiva chocolate bars in the store are about $3.00 including tax. To be honest, I think I like this stuff more than Godiva.

whitlock929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whitlock929

What size are the bars? I can't find it anywhere in the description. Serving size is 1/2 bar??? Size matters

semirose

quality posts: 2 Private Messages semirose

Aww they changed it from the all dark, and I'd just run out from my last order. I mean I'm intrigued by the dark milk but I really wish it was 4 dark and 3 of each of the milk. Or better yet 6 dark and 2 of each milk if they have to mess with the all dark. I'll have to think about this.

ajrod27 wrote:

And that's the other thing that's making me hesitate. If the chili cabonero dark was included I'd be all over this. It's the whole reason I tried them in the first place and didn't regret it at all.

fenderehx4ever

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fenderehx4ever

I bought these the last 2 times, and enjoyed all of the flavors. But I generally prefer Dark over Milk. If this Woot had included the Sea Salt and Chile instead of the Milk options, I would've bought a third time.

BTW, the Chile Chocolate is the best decongestant I've ever had. Got me through a january cold

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi

their small and I was dissipointed with them, actualy gave them away at work. Just one persons opinion

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

There is no pics of the packaging...naughty Woot!

Or maybe I'm wrong and you simply get a plate of chocolate bars delivered.

flower753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flower753

I got these the last two times they were offered. I usually prefer dark chocolate but I loved the cinnamon dark milk bars. Unlike others, I'm happy to see this again without the chile bars. *shrug* While they are good and I have enjoyed the occasional bite of the chile bars, they weren't my favorite thing ever.

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

damn! the chili and sea salt were my two favorites last time and they're the two we don't get this time. I'll have to pass because of it, but I highly recommend this chocolate!

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

rainrepublic

quality posts: 20 Private Messages rainrepublic

2 ounces

Jungle Josh