vannknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vannknight

This woot off is getting expensive.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
mschauber wrote:So you separate out the Olive Garden crowd from the Jean Georges crowd... I get it

well not me because I am not affiliated with Woot. I just steal the Staffs comments and pretend they are my own, but yes that is essentially what they do.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
mxracer98 wrote:Great Balance then, I may be in since I haven't had a single Scott Harvey purchase.

JUMP!....Before it's too late. A purchase u will not regret. U will only regret NOT buying more!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Sure is nice to be on Woot twice in one week. Last Sunday when Omgad asked for Jana Wines, I wanted to say something, but was sworn to secrecy.
Jana's father loved to grow pansies in the garden and Jana's mom loved butterflies. Their grandson, our nephew Michael Harants desisgned the label. He did the InZinerator and Angel Eis as well.
This wine is made the way Napa Cabernet used to be made back in the 50's and 60's. With its low pH of 3.48 it is made to be a 20 year wine. It was bottle aged for a number of years before release becuase it was to course when freshly bottled.

Thanks Scott. Always a pleasure having you around here. This is out of my price range and out of my league, but I bought some anyway. Loved the InZin I popped two nights ago and looking forward to the Old Vine that will be heading my way soon. Had the rest, now try the best right?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mblorenz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mblorenz

jumped.... just hope HWMBO does not ask why this costs so much....

mxracer98

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mxracer98
richardhod wrote:Au contraire, I'm closer to rpm's taste than most.. ore a European-style wine lover, but I do like more fruit than the most austere wine-lovers. Maybe I'm just eclectic, but I' not into the typical big aloholic Napa Cab.
If a fruit bomb comes up I'll describe it as "good for its style, if you like that kind of thing" if I think that is the case. I realise people have very different tastes. kylemittskus is more of a Parker lover.
I'm pretty eclectic, like to experiment and learn, and find some "big" wines do work. And others which do not. CdP for example, but then a good one of those has complexity, length, acid and minerality rather than just fruit!

Thanks Richard,
Ive been slacking and havent been on in a while since I havent seen anything that sparked my interest. But I did order one and look forward to it, hopefully woot still uses fed-ex so I can hold it. All we need is some Corison and we can complete the woot off. Has anyone uncorked the Kronos from last years thanksgiving woot off? I still have mine in the cellar.

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 151 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

Just let Jana know we are back on woot with the Cathedral. She wanted me to let everyone know the price on the Cathedral is going up to $75 per bottle tomorrow. So this will be the last chance to get the wine at this price. I just delivered 267 cases of Old Vine Zinfandel to woot today. Looks like I'll be heading back over there with some Cathedral.

North316

mxracer98 wrote:Thanks Richard,
Ive been slacking and havent been on in a while since I havent seen anything that sparked my interest. But I did order one and look forward to it, hopefully woot still uses fed-ex so I can hold it. All we need is some Corison and we can complete the woot off. Has anyone uncorked the Kronos from last years thanksgiving woot off? I still have mine in the cellar.

Still fed-ex. Keep a close eye on it though. Some recents have been shipped before tracking info was sent to recipients though.

My CT

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Just let Jana know we are back on woot with the Cathedral. She wanted me to let everyone know the price on the Cathedral is going up to $75 per bottle tomorrow. So this will be the last chance to get the wine at this price. I just delivered 267 cases of Old Vine Zinfandel to woot today. Looks like I'll be heading back over there with some Cathedral.

Scott, PLEASE persuade Jana to let you make the Michigan Riesling again, and more of it!!!
It's so good you'd surely find it possible to sell to some very nice restaurants as well as the public.

Raising prices after this: Boldness will get you places.. you know the sale psychology: if it's expensive people will assume its quality. Like charging what others would for the Cathedral. which is definitely better than some $100-200 wines from the Napa overpriced crowd. I hope you find many buyers at that price on the tourist trail!

shrdlu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu
ScottHarveyWines wrote:
This wine is made the way Napa Cabernet used to be made back in the 50's and 60's. With its low pH of 3.48 it is made to be a 20 year wine. It was bottle aged for a number of years before release becuase it was to course when freshly bottled.

Damn your eyes, Scott Harvey. I'd been on the fence about this, but that statement makes it just too much to pass up. I'll take four, thanks.

Seriously, it's nice to see something show up that I want. Thanks.

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Just let Jana know we are back on woot with the Cathedral. She wanted me to let everyone know the price on the Cathedral is going up to $75 per bottle tomorrow. So this will be the last chance to get the wine at this price. I just delivered 267 cases of Old Vine Zinfandel to woot today. Looks like I'll be heading back over there with some Cathedral.

Guaranteed sell out now, as if it wasn't before!

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

$75 a bottle, yikes, now I'm extra glad I ordered two more bottles even though I haven't tried one from the last wine.woot purchase

CatherineB

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CatherineB

That did it for me. In for 2 instead of 3 only because the WOOT OFF has a long way to go....

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi

#3 wine purchase, 2 other woot buys, expensive day

bobrush12866

Scott: Any idea when the 2006 Jana will be coming to market? Don't want to pin down the exact day although that would be nice if you would give us that as well....thanks again for this one!!

szecsei

quality posts: 8 Private Messages szecsei
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Sure is nice to be on Woot twice in one week. Last Sunday when Omgad asked for Jana Wines, I wanted to say something, but was sworn to secrecy.
Jana's father loved to grow pansies in the garden and Jana's mom loved butterflies. Their grandson, our nephew Michael Harants desisgned the label. He did the InZinerator and Angel Eis as well.

this was either my first or second wine.woot purchase (over the summer)...loved it so much, i picked up a few more bottles when it was offered last. just picked up a few more! thanks for making such a fine wine...

eljefetwisted

quality posts: 45 Private Messages eljefetwisted
mschauber wrote:What is a "Black tie buy"?

Something you're not likely to see from Twisted Oak...;)

Jeff Stai, Owner, Twisted Oak Winery
http://www.twistedoak.com/
http://www.facebook.com/twistedoak

richardhod

eljefetwisted wrote:Something you're not likely to see from Twisted Oak...;)

guess what's next!!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

Drinking Window? Thanks!

"The older I get the better I was"

richardhod

losthighwayz wrote:Drinking Window? Thanks!

now - 2025 or so. Pretty nice now, with some decanting. And not overoaked, which is nice.

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2

LAST WOOTER TO WOOT: Deezy2

I don't know where I'm gonna store all this wine.. pfff.

I need some whites now.. then I'm good! Come on WOOT!

lurcher

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lurcher

I just made it bounce - hurry up....

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
richardhod wrote:now - 2025 or so. Pretty nice now, with some decanting. And not overoaked, which is nice.

Thanks! though I doubt i'll be able to hold off until 2025.

"The older I get the better I was"

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Grrrrrrrr. Just got home, ordered and sold out. With the price increase, I think I am forever missing the boat

teebodo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages teebodo

Holy toledo - I just got this one 45 seconds before the close. Phew! That was close.

Edit: sorry about that, emmabean... too good to pass up. However, I was not the last one "to blame"

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000
teebodo wrote:Holy toledo - I just got this one 45 seconds before the close. Phew! That was close.

Edit: sorry about that, emmabean... too good to pass up. However, I was not the last one "to blame"

Ah, to the victor go the spoils! Enjoy

WaltW

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WaltW
epistemologonhere wrote:to English eyes that's June 8-)

For Euro eyes the last offering was on 06/12/2011.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Guess it's too late to increase my order from 1 to 2

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

tjhoulihan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjhoulihan

Jana Cathedral...W ooter to blame for sellout: tjhoulihan

wooohoooo... in under the wire for some JANA. Scott, please thank Jana for making this available to us...

danaswan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages danaswan

Not sure I can take much more of this woo-off.

My bank account is screaming at me now! haha

I should just shut down the computer...but I cannot as I MUST see what is next. I am so bad! lol

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 151 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
bobrush12866 wrote:Scott: Any idea when the 2006 Jana will be coming to market? Don't want to pin down the exact day although that would be nice if you would give us that as well....thanks again for this one!!

We will still be selling the 2005 on our library program at $75 per bottle. We'll be releasing the 2006 February 1st at $60 per bottle.

scott0210

quality posts: 6 Private Messages scott0210
eljefetwisted wrote:Something you're not likely to see from Twisted Oak...;)

Nice! How about some more of the #>{#!?# wine? Wonderful wine!

North316

ScottHarveyWines wrote:We will still be selling the 2005 on our library program at $75 per bottle. We'll be releasing the 2006 February 1st at $60 per bottle.

Whew, only the library wine is getting the price increase, not the new release.

*High Five*

My CT

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
bobrush12866 wrote:JUMP!....Before it's too late. A purchase u will not regret. U will only regret NOT buying more!

Too late, but I 2nd this. I would be in for the max if I didn't have an expensive wedding coming up. As it is, I did break the moratorium for this one.

bobrush12866

North316 wrote:Whew, only the library wine is getting the price increase, not the new release.

*High Five*

Not So! Up $5 bucks a bottle... High three!

bobrush12866

ScottHarveyWines wrote:We will still be selling the 2005 on our library program at $75 per bottle. We'll be releasing the 2006 February 1st at $60 per bottle.

Marked on calendar...WOOT???.. I know secrecy sh-t! Same bottle or new one?

Synos10

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10

Already had two in the wine fridge, but had to get another 2 just so I can actually try one! Scott, thanks for always being active on the boards and making some great wine.

eljefetwisted

quality posts: 45 Private Messages eljefetwisted
scott0210 wrote:Nice! How about some more of the #>{#!?# wine? Wonderful wine!

We'll have to see about that... thanks!

Jeff Stai, Owner, Twisted Oak Winery
http://www.twistedoak.com/
http://www.facebook.com/twistedoak

bradsbabe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradsbabe

Ugggh. I could cry...seriously. Was trying to order this between traffic lights on my android, and for once in my life they were all green!!

If anyone in the DFW area can part with a bottle or two, please PM me.

joannevicious

quality posts: 4 Private Messages joannevicious

If anyone needs/wants to get rid of some... email me: joannetaylorphd [at] gmail [dot] com