cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
klezman wrote:I don't assume an absent HAK implies an absent Octocat

Eh, it kinda does. I can't afford hotel on my own, for sure... plus I would be sad and pouty

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
cheron98 wrote:Eh, it kinda does. I can't afford hotel on my own, for sure... plus I would be sad and pouty

Well you would need a new boyfriend, of course you would be sad and pouty ;)

rpm

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rpm
Itwdswafo wrote:Either week looks good on my calendar. And the sharing of RPM sounds good and ideal for the situation. Sounds like Tuesday will be a large group dinner for everyone? Will Wednesday be also?

That's not the plan.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

rpm

cheron98 wrote:Eh, it kinda does. I can't afford hotel on my own, for sure... plus I would be sad and pouty

Perhaps you could find another roommate (female), we'd hate to see you miss the tour....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
rpm wrote:Perhaps you could find another roommate (female), we'd hate to see you miss the tour....

Cheron, PM for you.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
rpm wrote:Perhaps you could find another roommate (female), we'd hate to see you miss the tour....

Well, lets wait til we find out the dates for the tour before we get too far ahead of ourselves. If it ends up being the second week, then all this talk will be for naught. As I'll certainly be there, and eliminate the need for pouting.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Well, lets wait til we find out the dates for the tour before we get too far ahead of ourselves. If it ends up being the second week, then all this talk will be for naught. As I'll certainly be there, and eliminate the need for pouting.

Tried to look for a quote on divided loyalties. I have it on good authority that 1st week we lose HAK (and, seemingly, Cheron), the second week would be Motherless...sigh.

I do hope this gets resolved positively.

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

cheron98

mother wrote:Well you would need a new boyfriend, of course you would be sad and pouty ;)

I think finding a new boyfriend might just make HAK all sad and pouty

cheron98

kkv123 wrote:Cheron, PM for you.

Got it and responded. Thanks!

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

See I might be in similiar boat as cheron if my +1 is not able to make it. For some reason there seems to be a lacking in single females among woot right now.

rpm

tiger7610 wrote:See I might be in similiar boat as cheron if my +1 is not able to make it. For some reason there seems to be a lacking in single females among woot right now.

Y'all need to stay in touch, make contingency plans....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

tiger7610

rpm wrote:Y'all need to stay in touch, make contingency plans....

Yeah so far this is all in the preliminary stage forms. I'm just lamenting in generally, because I ran into that same problem at the clambake. Sadly cheron and I might be on different tours so that contigency plan might not work. But I will start scrambling once I fully nail down my plans.

mother

Never-mind. I decided not to say it after I said it, but nobody heard it. Yaay Internets. ;)

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Well, if you are up for sharing with man-folk who you already know there are sure to be options. If that's just a deal breaker off the top, well, then sad and pouty remains an option.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cheron98

klezman wrote:Well, if you are up for sharing with man-folk who you already know there are sure to be options. If that's just a deal breaker off the top, well, then sad and pouty remains an option.

I've roomed with tenuki before. Of course, rooming with him tends to lead to giant cockroaches in the bedroom with me screaming and cursing and crying and him being passed out and having no clue any of it is going on until he wakes up in the morning to find me sleeping on a mattress in the hallway outside of the bathroom...

tiger7610

cheron98 wrote:I've roomed with tenuki before. Of course, rooming with him tends to lead to giant cockroaches in the bedroom with me screaming and cursing and crying and him being passed out and having no clue any of it is going on until he wakes up in the morning to find me sleeping on a mattress in the hallway outside of the bathroom...

See if you did that when we roomed together, I would have woken up and killed all those cockroaches for you. I hope Hak has cockroach killing skills as well.

cheron98

tiger7610 wrote:See if you did that when we roomed together, I would have woken up and killed all those cockroaches for you. I hope Hak has cockroach killing skills as well.

Oh, it was just one. One very large one.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
cheron98 wrote:I've roomed with tenuki before. Of course, rooming with him tends to lead to giant cockroaches in the bedroom with me screaming and cursing and crying and him being passed out and having no clue any of it is going on until he wakes up in the morning to find me sleeping on a mattress in the hallway outside of the bathroom...

To be fair, Wendy was closer and also heard nothing, but yeah. It was kind of funny to wake up and see Cat in the hallway and have no idea why.

CT

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
tenuki wrote:To be fair, Wendy was closer and also heard nothing, but yeah. It was kind of funny to wake up and see Cat in the hallway and have no idea why.

I think you could nicely pair a Malbec or a good Rioja with fried cockroach, or perhaps Riesling if chilli-fried.

cheron98

richardhod wrote:I think you could nicely pair a Malbec or a good Rioja with fried cockroach, or perhaps Riesling if chilli-fried.

...So back to the RPM tour! I'm really looking forward to it! RPM tour! Yes!

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
richardhod wrote:I think you could nicely pair a Malbec or a good Rioja with fried cockroach, or perhaps Riesling if chilli-fried.

Fried! Brits...

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
woopdedoo wrote:OK - here is an update.

The current "plan" is to do two overlapping tours - M-W and W-F with the earlier tour being dedicated to those who have not yet been before and covering a lot of the same ground of the first tour. This will also allow for us to have an overlapping dinner/get-together/shin-dig/blowout on Tuesday evening.

The second tour will have some overlap with old favorites with perhaps more of an emphasis on Napa and Cabernet in particular.

The two current candidate weeks are:
July 16-20 and July 23 to 27.

We are checking on some key wineries schedules to see if one week or another is a better fit with their schedules.

We *should* have an answer by this Wed. Jan. 25.

Any projected update date?

UBlink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages UBlink

It's been a while since I checked in, but yes, the Blinks are in for the veteran/geezer tour ( the geezer part applies only to Mr. Ublink). Let me know when deposits are due.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
CAGrl wrote:Sounds like a great plan. I'm sure we would all love to have you for 3 full days, but since it's not feasible, this sounds like a good compromise.

PM for you.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
ddeuddeg wrote:PM for you.

Replied.

jmdavidson

Will we be getting a progress report soon?

cheron98

So here's the thing. There is a crazy gigantic project potentially coming down the line at work. This could interfere with the RPM tour. The project has not yet been approved, and I'm not even sure it's GOING to be approved, but on the off-chance that it is, it's going to put a severe dent in summer plans. To the point where if it is not already booked before the approvals go through, I may not be able to get away for the RPM tour. So the sooner we can get these dates finalized, the better. If I can get it in stone on the calendar with flights booked NOW, before the project is officially submitted for approval and timelines are put in place, then there will be no question of me being able to join the tour. If, however, we continue to be delayed in getting finalized dates, my chances become diminished.

That being said, the project has not yet been submitted for approval, but will likely be doing so this week. It usually takes about 2 months for the client to actually get the approvals through, between back-and-forths and demands of concessions, but we will likely be putting forth a timeline within the next couple of weeks. I understand the coordinators can only work as fast as the responses they are receiving... but timing is getting to be critical.

mother

cheron98 wrote:Woe is Kitty

As an organizer of a much less complicated but "not a simple tasting" w.w event: It's not even Feb 1 yet and it will be sometime in July. ChillAx people.

You know you're being needy if *I* am telling you to leave RPM alone about tour planning. Seriously...

If you (or anyone else) can't wait longer, then it's a shame. You(others) will be missed, but only in a "oh its too bad so-and-so couldn't make it" way as the tourists, practically sitting on each others laps, talk over the jingling cases of wine between wineries ;)

Just like I hope I will be slightly missed if I can't go because it's during the week my company has rented the entire Marriott Marquis Times Square for a event...

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

@ RPM,

Can you please add me and a +1 to the waiting list for newbies? I know it is a longshot, but one can hold out hope. Thanks.

jmdavidson

mother wrote:As an organizer of a much less complicated but "not a simple tasting" w.w event: It's not even Feb 1 yet and it will be sometime in July. ChillAx people.

You know you're being needy if *I* am telling you to leave RPM alone about tour planning. Seriously...

If you (or anyone else) can't wait longer, then it's a shame. You(others) will be missed, but only in a "oh its too bad so-and-so couldn't make it" way as the tourists, practically sitting on each others laps, talk over the jingling cases of wine between wineries ;)

Just like I hope I will be slightly missed if I can't go because it's during the week my company has rented the entire Marriott Marquis Times Square for a event...

No empathy? Just like a mother.

cheron98

mother wrote:As an organizer of a much less complicated but "not a simple tasting" w.w event: It's not even Feb 1 yet and it will be sometime in July. ChillAx people.

As an organizer (and assistant organizer) of multiple less complicated, but still multi-day w.w events including winery tour events: I understand how complicated it is to coordinate with multiple wineries over multiple days, and have no intention of pestering the organizers of this. I can't imagine the redoubled efforts that must be involved for doing two tours back-to-back, on both the organizers' and the wineries' parts.

However, I also understand the need to keep in communication with people and that people need multiple months of advance notice to plan having multiple days off of work in the middle of a busy working season where everyone is trying to take their summer vacations at the same time. Not everyone can take off work at the drop of a hat, especially for what could potentially require 4 to 5 days off. Many employers require their employees to lay out their vacation plans for the year by the time first quarter is halfway over. You (the generalized you) are lucky if you do not have to do this. I am lucky that I do not always have to do this. I am unfortunate that this year seems to be turning into a year that I will have to do this.

We were told we'd have an update on Jan 25th. Just waiting for that is all, and just throwing in my worthless two cents for why my personal stress level just skyrocketed.

I do not mean to diminish your much appreciated efforts with the clambake(s). I understand that is a bear to organize as well, but you must understand that it is not nearly on the same scale as something that is a multi-day event like this and does not exactly qualify you to be able to sit there and judge people for needing information.

mother

cheron98 wrote:our much appreciated efforts with the clambake(s). I understand that is a bear to organize as well, but you must understand that it is not nearly on the same scale as something that is a multi-day event like this and does not exactly qualify you to be able to sit there and judge people for needing information.

Ok, I'll do it without the tact. But with Matthew Broderick.

Edit: Aww skip to 1:16

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
mother wrote:Ok, I'll do it without the tact.

Please stop being obnoxious. This has nothing to do with the Clambake, and you people are being pretty horrible irrespective of how RPM or Woop should be updating us.

And you're just being an ass. Many people are requesting updates, and many people need them.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mother

HitAnyKey42 wrote:And you're just being an ass. Many people are requesting updates, and many people need them.

Lets move the thing so you can save $50 and not drive an extra 45 mins to the airport...

I'm not the only one being an ass, and that's entirely my point here.

cheron98

mother wrote:Lets move the thing so you can save $50 and not drive an extra 45 mins to the airport...

I think I'm mostly taking offense at your post because you singled me out when that was the first time I said anything remotely requesting that there be an update on dates, and that I am suddenly needy and obnoxious because of it. Perhaps I am taking it too personally, but in the future, it would be good if when you are telling people in general, as a group, that they are obnoxious that you not single a person out, particularly when the post you single out is their first semi-formal request for an update.

And HAK's statement of money-saving and whatnot was just to state his preference of dates. We are all fully aware that our personal preferences of dates will have no actual bearing on the final selection.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mother wrote:Lets move the thing so you can save $50 and not drive an extra 45 mins to the airport...

HitAnyKey42 wrote:And you're just being an ass. Many people are requesting updates, and many people need them.

Hey gang, don't make me step in now. Tact/patience/peace/love/wine all around.

I'm just hanging out, really.

mother

cheron98 wrote:I think I'm mostly taking offense at your post because you singled me out

My apologies, I really didn't mean it that way.

I meant to address the group, and I was trying to do it in a tongue-in-cheek manner.

I failed, obviously.

cheron98

mother wrote:My apologies, I really didn't mean it that way.

Forgiven. Let's go have a glass of wine now

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

Since I am the GO for a trip that may back up to the Tour, I have decided to remove myself from the list.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Yikes...OK, back to my regularly scheduled programming