joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:By any chance did anyone end up with an extra 6 bottles of wine?

I think I bought 30 bottles of wine (what I posted previously) + a double magnum from Scott. Only 24 bottles arrived. That said, the only 2 bottles I cannot account for are a Pinot Noir from Iron Horse, and a 2009 Cab from Robert Craig. My wife thinks I packed them, and I remember wanting to pack them, but decided against it since I remember our suitcase being close to the weight limit. I've looked through my wine cellar, and didn't find either bottle.

WD, did you find an extra 6 bottles somewhere?

I know there have been a few issues with some of the wine that was purchased during Scott's dinner. I haven't heard of other missing wine. You might want to try emailing WD directly. I've been having a fairly sustained conversation with him over email.

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
joelsisk wrote:I know there have been a few issues with some of the wine that was purchased during Scott's dinner. I haven't heard of other missing wine.

I'm also missing some wine from the Scott Harvey evening. I've emailed WineDavid, who has graciously agreed to help me resolve the matter, but in seeing the matter raised here, I thought I ask:

Did anyone receive a Scott Harvey Michigan Riesling and/or a Cathedral Magnum that they did not order?

And is anyone missing a bottle of Forte from their order? It found its way to my doorstep instead.

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

All this confusion about Scott Harvey - you'd think there'd been a wild party there, or something...

-- T
(or a drunken rout, as we would say back in my time...)

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:By any chance did anyone end up with an extra 6 bottles of wine?

I think I bought 30 bottles of wine (what I posted previously) + a double magnum from Scott. Only 24 bottles arrived. That said, the only 2 bottles I cannot account for are a Pinot Noir from Iron Horse, and a 2009 Cab from Robert Craig. My wife thinks I packed them, and I remember wanting to pack them, but decided against it since I remember our suitcase being close to the weight limit. I've looked through my wine cellar, and didn't find either bottle.

WD, did you find an extra 6 bottles somewhere?

Oh, so that's what we drank that final veterans' tour evening!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm

Hello all, I just brought the wool from our not-so-quiet sheep back from the mill. I have very lovely yarn, roving and batting. I took a bit of a risk dropping 100 pounds of wool not knowing if it was good quality. So far, the knitting community loves it! Maybe I'll learn to knit by the time you all come back and we can keep warm in our Shellville wind!

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
winefarm wrote:Hello all, I just brought the wool from our not-so-quiet sheep back from the mill. I have very lovely yarn, roving and batting. I took a bit of a risk dropping 100 pounds of wool not knowing if it was good quality. So far, the knitting community loves it! Maybe I'll learn to knit by the time you all come back and we can keep warm in our Shellville wind!

Hi Winefarm!!

Wine vinegar and wool, how can you go wrong